The 2017 US Open....BAW Nation Plays...

Once an OSU fan, always...

He seems in a good place in life and playing well, the pole vaulting chick is good for RF...kinda hope he's up there

This is another one I have planned for a bit...

Not the confidence I had in Sergio bet but I think he'll be there over the weekend. I think JDay is kinda lurking in the weeds as well.

I'll take it a step further and say that I don't know if you'll get better value on Day the next 15 years. Obviously the mental state comes into play but all it takes is one and he may be favored (with Rahm and probably Thomas) a ton the next few years

Added Day today....

We'll see how weather etc is shaping up next week for prop/tournament plays...

Nice number on Fowler, BOL BAR.

Thanks...

I waited a bit and it didn't move then played it...then it started moving...

It almost feels too popular now, haha, we'll see. I like his demeanor entering the week. Plus he just stuck one to about a foot in the practice round, so I'll take that as a good omen ;).

Mickelson to MC +225

Yes, I expect this will be 'no action' but if not I will take my chances. The bet is rooting against my favorite golfer and all but everything is against him if he makes it. Phil is the ultimate at preparing and going in cold turkey to this course, I just cannot see it. I know Bones is there 'just in case' but with that long of a Thursday(and potential weather delay if he is able to make it) plus more unstable weather possible...I just cannot see it.

Also, and think about this for last minute and weekend capping. This is a 9 mile-ish walk on this course. Most courses me and you would walk are around 4.5 miles. The pros walk around 5 miles or so I believe. This is a lot of strain. If you remember back to the Masters I noted fatigue might hit for him on weekend and it did on that Saturday round. If he does play, I can see a late Friday collapse of sorts.

The big Fairways and 'shotmaking' of this course might actually suit him but with other factors at play it is worth putting the play in...just in case...

guy i heard on francesa who predicted sergio picked fowler.... is that you bar? lol

Haha, although I do have a 'radio' voice ;).

Sergio wasn't that popular of a pick. Rickie absolutely is with him playing some damn good golf right now.

Bones' interview today made it sound like he was just playing the part, guessing he's on a jet outta there in the morning

I am tempted to, and have been all week, fade Stricker. I don't want to. He is a great guy and it is great he made it in through sectional qualifying. His record in the US Open this decade is pretty damn good too even at an older age.

Here are the negatives, imo.

-Unofficial host of the event.
-As said before, this is a LONG course, especially for these old guys
-He had to really go hard mentally to get into this tournament. It is an awesome accomplishment.
-As the Captain, I am sure he has smaller duties to attend to this week.
-His great putting might be negated here as a lot of putts are going to go in, it seems.

I will have one more 'future' bet for sure for fun.

Most everything else will be after the first round. I haven't found anything I really like so far matchup/props-wise.

Welp, I have the leader and t-2/3 on leaderboard after Day 1 it looks like...

J-Day obviously will miss the cut barring a record setting round tomorrow.

I couldn't ask for much more.

In BARs favour

Only one winner this century has been further back then 4 this century (Simpson 6). He was also the only winner in the past decade outside the top 3 at halfway.

wish i added a zero as well.... payout would have matched my budenholzer payout :rofl:

hopefully he holds on until sunday

Getting through today sitting on a lead for almost 24 hours is key. Give me 70-73 today and he'll be in fine shape for the weekend.

Well, 73 today but Brooks shot 70 so we're in good shape entering the weekend. There is a big pile-up within several shots of each other.

Looks like heavy rain is there right now and will continue into the morning. We'll see what set-up changes they have. There finally could be delays. Hopefully at least one of my horses can separate a bit from the pack and be in final group or two on Sunday.

Back