The 2023 Ryder Cup Discussion

What are these guys shooting in this last match? Haven't seen too many birdies. Holes have been won with pars.

Can’t watch. Am I really gonna push on this Homa + money wager when they were up all day and up 2 with 2 to go?

Brutal finish to round one, that extra point meant a lot in any chance of making a comeback. Not to mention not winning my +160 live bet...

Good news is there's 20 pts left to play. Everything went in favor of Europe today and the golf gods have a tendency of evening things out in the long run. Good ol' boys know what needs to be done tomorrow and it ain't over yet.

Is it really over as the X-verse and rest of world makes it seem? Pretty darn close but I'll be lurking for some U.S. money for Saturday's play, hoping they cut into the huge hole they're in. Day 1, +3.9u
Good work, thanks for the tail...

Problem is the current best 3 players are all on one side.

US has maybe 2 fully emotional players (Spieth and Scottie randomly as well).

Zach is awful at this as well.

I just think the deficit will be too much.

Best note I heard in the afternoon coverage -- Europe wanted to take Wedges out of the US players hands. They hit like 7-9 a round on PGA tour. Here, much much less.

Early Rd.2 plays-

Patty Ice/Souffle -110 v. Rahm/Hatton 3u
Patty Ice/Souffle -110 v. Rahm/Hatton, Beavs ML, Gallen over 4.5K -145 +406 for 1.5u

Still stalking that 1st and 2nd group out for Merica', their performance will loom large and set the tone for rest of our boys.

Foursomes again to start the day and another day of Lowry/Straka v Max/Harman in the same format? Because it was so successful yesterday? Seemed like Max played better in the second session with Clark who actually has some fire in his belly. Clark should be playing both sessions today, Think Harman might be better playing his own ball in four ball anyway.

Early Rd.2 plays-

Patty Ice/Souffle -110 v. Rahm/Hatton 3u
Patty Ice/Souffle -110 v. Rahm/Hatton, Beavs ML, Gallen over 4.5K -145 +406 for 1.5u

Still stalking that 1st and 2nd group out for Merica', their performance will loom large and set the tone for rest of our boys.

Hard to ever not want to back the best buddies playing together

I can see U.S. going 3-1 or 2-1 with a halve in 1st rd2 groups. Hope I’m right and really need that patty/x play to come in.. Beavs and Galen already in the books.

Rd2 add- Homa/Harman -130 v Lowry/Straka 4u

Georgia bulldog and California kid will come thru for Merica’.

GL on your plays

+2.75

I'm not jumping on US to win it. There was a complete lack of interest and it showed all the way up to Spieth sucking on the winning holes to Scottie/Brooks and Homa/Clark giving away points on the final hole. Brooks didn't contribute shit til the final 6 holes or so, Fowler choked a lot...him and Collin were as mundane a pairing as Max/Harman. Just zero excitement. X choked on several important putts too. There are a lot of guys on that squad that sadly need a partner to jump start them and sadly two few sparks to accommodate. Halves should be in but would rather have had the wins with the JT/Spieth and Max/Clark groups later yesterday as opposed to ultimately losing 1.2 units when both were ahead and couldn't finish. Bleh.

Pending

Europe to win RC +100 2*
Tournament halves o3.5 -125 2*

Morning Sesh today

US to win day 2 +125 (reluctantly, more just hoping for a competitive Sunday)
Hovland/Aberg o Scottie/Koepka +100 1.5*
Cantlay/X o Rahm/Hatton -110

+2.75

I'm not jumping on US to win it. There was a complete lack of interest and it showed all the way up to Spieth sucking on the winning holes to Scottie/Brooks and Homa/Clark giving away points on the final hole. Brooks didn't contribute shit til the final 6 holes or so, Fowler choked a lot...him and Collin were as mundane a pairing as Max/Harman. Just zero excitement. X choked on several important putts too. There are a lot of guys on that squad that sadly need a partner to jump start them and sadly two few sparks to accommodate. Halves should be in but would rather have had the wins with the JT/Spieth and Max/Clark groups later yesterday as opposed to ultimately losing 1.2 units when both were ahead and couldn't finish. Bleh.

Pending

Europe to win RC +100 2*
Tournament halves o3.5 -125 2*

Morning Sesh today

US to win day 2 +125 (reluctantly, more just hoping for a competitive Sunday)
Hovland/Aberg o Scottie/Koepka +100 1.5*
Cantlay/X o Rahm/Hatton -110
Good luck man.

Reactions: KJ
Back