Summer Transfer News and Rumours

its pretty wild that Joe Cole plays in the NASL for the Tampa Bay Rowdies, I believe with Adu

Hearing reports that Pogba to United will indeed happen. 120 mil euro fee
Base salary slower lower than expected at about 11 mil pounds per year.....

not a done deal yet

the salary is 225k per week net which is what they are reporting in the Man United news

leaving out thats like 360k per week gross putting him up there with CR7/Ronaldo

either way money doesn't matter, and for all SAF did for the club he only ended up costing them 120m Euros for treating Pogba like shit originally

United looking solid though if that goes through, depth with the youngsters and have added in now 4 upgrades to the starting XI

what is the likelihood that Arsenal barely makes top 4?

See this being a 1-2 Manchester finish but that 3rd spot I have to give it to Spurs at the moment. Bearing any last minute transfer fiasco that someone with Lloris but still there's more improvement from the Spurs camp in the recent years than Arsenal. It's a bit confusing that they are having a hard time securing their targets.

Man City about to add Gabriel Jesus...this guy is apparently the real deal, potentially as good if not be better than Neymar.

Wenger is the best at getting the top 4 trophy, every season plenty of pundits and people say this is the season they will finish outside top 4 and every season they are wrong. I'm not saying it will last forever, but Man Utd / Man City / Chelsea have new coaches who bring new systems and some new important players and it's not a given these teams will be great quickly and consistent with all these changes next season. Also, I'm relatively confident Wenger will bring more additions to the team but let's wait..

Mino Raiola on twitter: "There is no deal done regarding Paul Pogba, lots of bla bla bla."

Trying to get himself even more millions in agent fees?

I dont think anyone a lock for top 4 at this point

Pep still needs to buy 4-5 guys this summer, same with Chelsea

Wenger is the best at getting the top 4 trophy, every season plenty of pundits and people say this is the season they will finish outside top 4 and every season they are wrong. I'm not saying it will last forever, but Man Utd / Man City / Chelsea have new coaches who bring new systems and some new important players and it's not a given these teams will be great quickly and consistent with all these changes next season. Also, I'm relatively confident Wenger will bring more additions to the team but let's wait..

Last year was Arsenal's title to lose and they blew it, very good opportunity considering Man City, Utd, Chelsea all stunk it up.
This year could very well be another crap shoot but Arsenal have to convert those chances. Plenty of time for changes but they still miss the key factor is the Vieira effect. 71 points may get you top 4 but with how wide open things are coming along these days they need a ton more especially if their aspirations are the title.
Arsenal are a model of consistency but consistently second fiddle isn't something the fans want. Ultimately you are trying to please your consumers, and considering Arsenal fans pay one of the more expensive tickets in the league, they have every right to be upset.

Julen Lopetegui is your new Spain manager, worked well with the national youngsters but hasn't seen too much with the senior club level

Last year was Arsenal's title to lose and they blew it, very good opportunity considering Man City, Utd, Chelsea all stunk it up.
This year could very well be another crap shoot but Arsenal have to convert those chances. Plenty of time for changes but they still miss the key factor is the Vieira effect. 71 points may get you top 4 but with how wide open things are coming along these days they need a ton more especially if their aspirations are the title.
Arsenal are a model of consistency but consistently second fiddle isn't something the fans want. Ultimately you are trying to please your consumers, and considering Arsenal fans pay one of the more expensive tickets in the league, they have every right to be upset.

Oh I don't disagree with any of your points, it's been frustrating as an Arsenal fan. About last season yes it was a golden opportunity that was missed for Arsenal, but really every top teams in England should be ashamed of last season; then you can say it's not as bad for City/Utd/Chelsea because they have been winning the league recently.. But not fair to point blame at Arsenal only I believe, Tottenham blew it equally and in the end were in a two teams race for the title and finished 3rd.

I just hope that Wenger does a better job in the transfer window now and improve the team at the needed positions which have been quite clear for some time, otherwise it will be a groundhog season for us and I would understand if Ozil or Sanchez push for a move to a more ambitious club in a year..

odds right now on pinnacle:

[TABLE="class: odds-data odds-contest, width: 750"]
<tbody ng-repeat="event in contest.events" class="ng-scope">[TR]
[TD="class: contest, bgcolor: #F1F1F1, colspan: 2, align: center"]
[FONT=&quot]Who will win the Premier League 2016/2017?[/FONT]​
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: {'last':$last}"]
[TD="class: name name-contest, bgcolor: transparent"]Manchester City[/TD]
[TD="class: oddTip, bgcolor: #ECECEC, align: center"]+258[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: name name-contest, bgcolor: transparent"]Chelsea[/TD]
[TD="class: oddTip, bgcolor: #ECECEC, align: center"]+599[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: name name-contest, bgcolor: transparent"]Arsenal[/TD]
[TD="class: oddTip, bgcolor: #ECECEC, align: center"]+565[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: name name-contest, bgcolor: transparent"]Tottenham Hotspur[/TD]
[TD="class: oddTip, bgcolor: #ECECEC, align: center"]+772[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: name name-contest, bgcolor: transparent"]Manchester United[/TD]
[TD="class: oddTip, bgcolor: #ECECEC, align: center"]+290[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: name name-contest, bgcolor: transparent"]Liverpool[/TD]
[TD="class: oddTip, bgcolor: #ECECEC, align: center"]+835[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: name name-contest, bgcolor: transparent"]Leicester City[/TD]
[TD="class: oddTip, bgcolor: #E1E1E1, align: center"]+1906[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Oh I don't disagree with any of your points, it's been frustrating as an Arsenal fan. About last season yes it was a golden opportunity that was missed for Arsenal, but really every top teams in England should be ashamed of last season; then you can say it's not as bad for City/Utd/Chelsea because they have been winning the league recently.. But not fair to point blame at Arsenal only I believe, Tottenham blew it equally and in the end were in a two teams race for the title and finished 3rd.

I just hope that Wenger does a better job in the transfer window now and improve the team at the needed positions which have been quite clear for some time, otherwise it will be a groundhog season for us and I would understand if Ozil or Sanchez push for a move to a more ambitious club in a year..

The point total was really telling to see the craziness that was last season. Leicester just did the job they needed to do. It will always go back to that, did the top clubs just piss it away, or were Leicester outstanding?

Arsenal need to make sure they don't start selling their star players to another club who are either on the same level as the club or slightly higher. To be honest there aren't many clubs in the world a step above Arsenal in terms of glamour/history. In England, I could understand if they moved from Arsenal to the Manchester clubs, but I don't understand why they would move to Liverpool, or Chelsea. Real Madrid/Barca will always be the primo clubs to go to, PSG...perhaps because $$$, Bayern because of titles.

The media loves stirring shit up with Wenger and talking about players being disgruntled, but there needs to be a reason why Arsenal is the more ideal destination for any footballer to go. It's London, they are challenging for titles, they are in CL.

But there are always politics involved that neither of us will understand.

The point total was really telling to see the craziness that was last season. Leicester just did the job they needed to do. It will always go back to that, did the top clubs just piss it away, or were Leicester outstanding?

Arsenal need to make sure they don't start selling their star players to another club who are either on the same level as the club or slightly higher. To be honest there aren't many clubs in the world a step above Arsenal in terms of glamour/history. In England, I could understand if they moved from Arsenal to the Manchester clubs, but I don't understand why they would move to Liverpool, or Chelsea. Real Madrid/Barca will always be the primo clubs to go to, PSG...perhaps because $$$, Bayern because of titles.

The media loves stirring shit up with Wenger and talking about players being disgruntled, but there needs to be a reason why Arsenal is the more ideal destination for any footballer to go. It's London, they are challenging for titles, they are in CL.

But there are always politics involved that neither of us will understand.

About Leicester I'd say it was due to a mix of both; they had an incredibly good season and also because of the general weakness of the top teams in England, and so it was the perfect storm for them to win.. Also had a fair share of luck to win plenty of matches 1-0, but some luck is needed by most winning teams so they deserved it of course.

Who are you rooting for by the way?

About Leicester I'd say it was due to a mix of both; they had an incredibly good season and also because of the general weakness of the top teams in England, and so it was the perfect storm for them to win.. Also had a fair share of luck to win plenty of matches 1-0, but some luck is needed by most winning teams so they deserved it of course.

Who are you rooting for by the way?

A legendary club.... hehe

also just been reading that André Gomes is a new Barca player, looks like it is official.

50 million euros.. I had read about a supposed interest from Barca sometime around the euros but no clue they were close to signing him

A coy fan =) Could be one of the Manchesters as they are favorites for the title, but could also be any team as every fan expects big things. We'll see during the in-games then!:shake:

never the manchesters.
besides my in games will be by myself as the club isn't even in Prem lol

Galatasaray is interested in Lucas Leiva

Kolo Toure should move to Celtic this week

Higuan has gone to Juventus, for 94 million euros. He has signed a 4 year deal

Man U could come in with a 54 million pound bid for James - James says he does not want to leave

Mahrez is off to Arsenal, the fee is around 50 million pounds

Giggs is likely to manage Hull City this year

Chelsea have offered 50 million euros for Cavani

Man City might decline signing Kroos due to his wage demands

PSG has contacted RvP for a possible move this summer

Leicester have really out did themselves here.
They have lost two of the three rocks and most importantly lost their head scout.

Not sure if true for Mahrez, the source on this appears questionable.. But hope it's true he was the one I wanted most out of their 3 best players.

crazy money for Higuain for Juve to pay but with the imminent Pogba sale it's fine for them I suppose.. I didn't think Napoli would sell to the already favorite in the league, but it's so much money they can try to reinvest wisely.

Really curious to see what Real will do now. They have Morata back but they just lost out on André Gomes..

And Vietto to Barca should be official soon, really good signings from them this summer I think. Real have a very good squad of course but they could do with some reinforcements if they want to regain the league. Maybe this Gabriel Jesus kid? Yeah he looks really good, no clue where he will go he has been announced to all big clubs these last few months, most recently City and Utd I believe..

Yes maybe for Lacazette, not many options left so let's trust Arsene and we will see. Would love this Gabriel Jesus but he looks set to go to even richer clubs.

Lukaku would really like to go back to Chelsea

Kolo Toure is official at Celtic

Man U have reportedly submitted a 110 million euro bid for Pogba, with additional 10 million in potential add-ons

Everton have reportedly agree to pay Zenit 25 million euros for Axel Witsel

Napoli play on buying Icardi, who Inter wants 50 million Euros for

Man U and Man City both interested in Gabriel Jesus

Arsenal want Lacazette and Mahrez

Alexis Sanchez would like to see Turan come to Arsenal

Roma will take Szczesny for another year long loan

Man City is reportedly close to deal with both John Stones and Aubameyang

Barcelona has interest in signing RvP or Mario Gomez

Swansea is prepared to buy back Bony

Napoli has interest in Bacca

Don't think RvP or Gomez are suited for Barca even for backup options. Where do you usually go for these rumours? What I've read these last few days from the spanish press is they want one more attacker, Vietto or Gameiro

Back