Summer Transfer News and Rumours

£31 million. I mean ... I don't run the club (which is probably for the best, if we're being honest), but I'm not sure how Palace affords that. Though maybe I'm still thinking of them of a small, scrappy side that is forever in danger of relegation instead of what should be a very capable mid-table team competing for Europe.

This would mean we'd lose Bolasie, though, who I love. But a 25 year old Bentke, tough to turn that down given all his upside. Very interested to see how this team lines up. One of the few times I wish I was in Ohio as I'd go to their American tour.

fwiw, it appears United are set to bid 100M£ on Pogba. As to whether Juve accept or not is a different story, one I would not expect to be answered till next week at the earliest. It will be compelling not just because of the transfer amount which is obviously massive, but Juve have done almost all they can to make Pogba the face of the team. Vidal and Pirlo have left, Gigi is not getting any younger, nor is Chiellini and let's face it, who wants a center back as the poster boy for the team.
United also set to offer Pogba a massive pay increase, and why would Pogba stay for pennies on the dollar in Italy. Juve cannot match the salary and more than likely could end up with a disgruntled player. Juve could do loads with that money, but already losing Morata would leave a huge hole in the team. So many questions.

United did complete the signing of Mkhitayin yesterday, and there is nfw I am ever going to spell that guys name right. This is going to be a great get in my eyes, especially since you knew that once Mourinho came on board, Mata was out the door.

Also in his first presser, Mourinho has stated that Rooney is not a midfielder he is a forward a 9 or a 10. I don't know about that, but will defer to the special one for the time being. it seems to me that United were pretty set at that position. Martial was much more dangerous in his appearances than Rooney has been in nearly 2 years. Raschford seems to be a very promising young striker too. And then they bring along Zlatan. And I guess they still have that waste of space Memphis on the squad for the time being too. I just don't see how this is going to work out really. To me, Rooney seemed to be pretty good transitioning into a more central player. His passing and setup have been really good still, and he's not shy about busting his ass back on defense.

I guess we shall see how this all plays out.

yikes, might be the value of the player but not sure a wise spend.
might be some more wheeling and dealings behind the scene because Utd is for sale

I think he will play Rooney as a forward, but lying deeper, so kind of the top in a 4-3-3 or the middle of a 4-2-3-1, in which case he drops back and is basically a creative midifelder/attacker. Like what KDB plays for city, Alli for Spurs, Ozil for Arsenal etc.

Jose always liked 2 destroyers to shadow the back 4 and Rooney cant do that yet

something like

Ibra
Martial-Rooney-Miki
new CM-Schniederlein
Shaw-Bially-Smalling-Darmian
DDG

with Rashford, Depay, Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Lingard, Carrick, Jones, Valencia, Borthwick-Jackson all off the bench

plus with the league, and 3 cups and Ibra/Rooney being older and needing more rest, Rashford will easily get in 20-25 starts there and probably the same amount of Subs

I think that's a good lineup, as long as Ibra can bring his 30+ goals over that side looks to me the most complete of the top 4 contenders alongside Arsenal/Spurs

Chelsea still need to make a bunch of moves, City even more, and Liverpool need more depth, they have no real quality past the starting XI

german spies saying if Gotze leaves Bayern which looks likely its between a return to Dortmund or looking more likely by the day Spurs

Real Madrid is prepared to out bid Man U for Pogba

As teed mentioned, BvB and Tottenham both interested in Gotze

Pappis Cisse hast left Newcastle for China

West Ham have turned down the chance to sign RvP

Jurgen Klinsmann in talks with the FA for England job, however Eddie Howe has emerged as a candidate

Arsenal are prepared to bid 43 million pounds for Draxler

Man City are prepared to pay that same amount for Bonnucci

Ahmed Musa has officially signed with Leicester, striker with lots of pace

Graziano Pelle is the next European player looking at going to China for big money

Real Madrid rejected a 60 million pound bid for Morata from Chelsea

Juventus interested in Depay

Man City's offer of 17.5 million pounds for Bruno Perez has been rejected

West Ham is close to a deal to sign Bacca

The team that recently signed Hulk to a 20 million Euro contract, and paid a 55 million Euro transfer fee , Shanghai SIPG. They have now made a bid for Kante, offering 35 million euros to Leicester

Turan appears to be on his way out of Barcelona, and going to Fehrenbence

We should be really clear that if England was going to give their squad to JK without even interviewing Alan Pardew it would tell you exactly how far up their ass their head is.

Now, Pardew says he doesn't want the job yet—which is probably half true, because he definitely wants it, the question of when—so I could understand not offering it to him at this time.

Still, a Pardew led squad beats a JK led squad every day of the week and twice on Sunday just for fun.

For fuck's sake, I'd put Crystal Palace as structured up against JK's USA squad and feel comfortable betting Palace.

It ain't happening.. Jk has a great PR team

Man would love for it to be reality and go grab Biesla right now

We should be really clear that if England was going to give their squad to JK without even interviewing Alan Pardew it would tell you exactly how far up their ass their head is.

Now, Pardew says he doesn't want the job yet—which is probably half true, because he definitely wants it, the question of when—so I could understand not offering it to him at this time.

Still, a Pardew led squad beats a JK led squad every day of the week and twice on Sunday just for fun.

For fuck's sake, I'd put Crystal Palace as structured up against JK's USA squad and feel comfortable betting Palace.

I would die if Pards got the job

he's a joke, sorry JP, but there's a reason he's left every club hes ever been at with the fans absolutely hating him

Pards cares about Pards and thats it

Arsenal, BvB and Fehrenbence are all interested in Turan

Real Madrid wants 64 million pounds for Morata

According to Sky Sports, Real Madrid has ended their pursuit of Pogba

Crystal Palace wants 28 million pounds for Bolasie

Lyon's team president says Lacazette is happy in Lyon

Juventus offered 27 million pounds for Alexis Sanchez, it was rejected

Man City is close to signing Leroy Sane

Gotze's father has met with Tottenham twice this summer

Tottenham showing some interest in Wijnaldum

Villa just signed Aaron Tshibola, very big for them, really like this kid. Steve Clarke doing his magic.
If Amavi stays along with Vertout and Ayew, we have a very good team in the Championship.

Jannsen undergoing a medical today at Tottenham

Gotze is likely to join BvB this summer

Alvaro Negredo could be on his way to Middlesborough

Sam Allderdyce will be interviewed for the England job, reportedly it will be either him or JK getting the job

Benteke could join Crystal Palace as early as today

Juventus very interested in Matic

After opting out on Pogba, Real Madrid turns its interests towards Kante

Man U interested in Cesc Fabregas

Leroy Sane has not told Schalke that he wants to leave

Galatasaray wants Bony on loan

Barca close to signing Lucas Digne for 17 million Euros

Inter wants 43 million pounds for Inter

According to Benteke's agent, he is nowhere near leaving Liverpool

Kante has rejected a new deal with Leicester - reportedly deal with Chelsea is on the table

Chelsea joins the race for Turan

Robson-Kanu has been offered 100,000 pound a week by two chinese teams

Lucas Digne was supposed to be next big LB and his career has just stalled

going to be backup to a top 5 LB in the world isnt going to help that

people think its Big Sams to lose but JK is interviewing with the FA about England job

why would US Keep him at this point?

Prolly so they don't have to eat 6-7 million, but it's a bad look. He has always come out and made a statement when linked to other jobs, but hasn't here. Obviously, he'd take that England job if offered.. Just glad US soccer didn't give him some type of raise or extension to avoid him talking to England

Is there a good US coach who could replace Klinsmann or the US would go with another foreign coach what do you think? Looks like England could decide between Allardyce or Klinsmann

And I've read reports saying Real Madrid want to keep Morata, possibly giving him a new contract. Not many choices left for Wenger, hope he pays the money for the other striker Arsenal are linked to or it will be no title challenge again otherwise...

Wow....Kante going to Chelsea?
Mahrez rejecting Leicester contract.
Let the windfall of Leicester begin, should of sold Vardy and rebuild.

We will see but seems like a good buy and good choice by Kante to go there he should fit in well with Conte's style, I think Chelsea will be back at the very top or near it...
Thought it would be Vardy who moved first, but he chose not to at the last minute or was playing games to get a better contract at Leicester I don't know, now I'm praying that Wenger goes after Mahrez as he will probably leave soon if a team comes with a good offer.

Gotze is almost certainly set for a return to BvB

Diego Costa wants to go back to Atletico Madrid

A Napoli radio station says Higuan will be going to Arsenal in return for 50 million euros and Giroud

Man U will reportedly complete 105 million pound move for Pogba sometime next week

Kante to Chelsea has been made official

Benatia goes on loan to Juventus

Apparently West Ham is in the running for James ...

Yeah and these kind of swap deals are really rare, last one I can remember is Ibra vs Eto'o. But at the same time it's been proven we can't win the league with Giroud/Welbeck so an upgrade is a must if Wenger is serious about winning.. I've been reading about an interest from Juve in Higuain as well, but can't see this happening so if Higuain wants to leave Napoli may accept to lower a bit the crazy fee that is quoted if that means he will leave to a team abroad.

By the way, if it is indeed confirmed next week, I don't really get how Pogba is worth that much money even with the inflation of transfers in futbol. Yes he is very good, but 105 million pounds it is insane. I had read last year he would have preferred to go to Spain either Barca or Real, Barca not interested anymore this year it left Real where Zidane wanted him but I can understand them not paying that much..

Picking on Pardew. Picking on Digne.

The anti-Joe sentiment in this thread is at record heights. If I were a mod ...

I'm cool with Benteke not ending up at Palace if it doesn't happen. And if you're coming for Bolasie, you better open up the checkbook.

I'm also good with Manolas leaving Roma if he has to.

Picking on Pardew. Picking on Digne.

The anti-Joe sentiment in this thread is at record heights. If I were a mod ...

I'm cool with Benteke not ending up at Palace if it doesn't happen. And if you're coming for Bolasie, you better open up the checkbook.

I'm also good with Manolas leaving Roma if he has to.

dont care about Pards JP, he only cares about Pards

all he cares about is that he looks good, and if he can get in the VIP area at Crystals

and yes Crystals is Crystal Palace themed nightclub at Selhurst park

Villarreal is interested in Marco Rojo

James is valued at 67 million pounds, interest from Chelsea, Man U and West Ham

Rome wants 38 million pounds for Manolas

N' Koudou will sign with Tottenham this week

Chelsea will now go for Mahrez

If Pogba leaves Juventus, they want Matic

Arsenal interested in Icardi if Higuan deal falls through

Liverpool interested in Mathieu

Chelsea interested in Mustafi

one thing is that James has been shown to be a level below what people though

like remember when people said he would keep Welsh Jesus out of the Madrid lineup

how fucking insane is that looking now

and yes Crystals is Crystal Palace themed nightclub at Selhurst park

Fun fact: Also the name of our cheerleaders.

=)

his numbers in his first year were better then the numbers he had in Monaco

Zidane has treated him unjustly, though I guess it doesn't matter when you win the Champions League

his numbers in his first year were better then the numbers he had in Monaco

Zidane has treated him unjustly, though I guess it doesn't matter when you win the Champions League

all you need to be on the field with Madrid to get crazy numbers

Jozy might score 20 goals a year with Madrid

also dont get where the unfairly comes in, who does he go ahead of?

Ronaldo/Benzema/Bale
Kroos/Modric
Casemeiro

hes a sub on that team

also dont get where the unfairly comes in, who does he go ahead of?

Ronaldo/Benzema/Bale
Kroos/Modric
Casemeiro

hes a sub on that team

hes actually not a sub on the team, according to Zidane, who never subbed him on (even when he could have used him). He could have easily rotated him throughout the squad with numerous injuries or resting of players in 2016. Zidane instead opted for Jese Rodriguez and Lucas Vasquez, both who played far more minutes under Zidane in comparison to James.

Looked back at it, Zidane didn't use James for 3 straight games at one point in April, instead opting to sub on Isco, Jese or Vasquez everytime.

mate, he's a sub, he makes the list of subs every game

not every sub gets on the field

Vasquez and Jese are more striker options, Zizou prefers Isco for attacking midfield

Back