Summer Transfer News and Rumours

the Mkhitaryan is that he's available for 40m, I think he's more likely for Liverpool or Man United

He's a great player but I don't think he makes sense for Arsenal, he plays the same position behind the striker that Sanchez/Ozil/Ramsey all play, and it has backups as younger players in Gnabry, Ox, Iwobi, (and even Wilshere) too

as someone who doesn't want Arsenal to do well, my hope is that they buy Vardy and another attacking mid, while not buying a CB and another center mid

I suspect this is Wengers last year and the first thing the new manager needs to do is buy 2-3 CBs, Mert is getting old, Kos is great but injury prone, Gabriel hasn't proven it yet

I can understand the reservations and skepticism of you and Alan, however to be honest after the last few years us Arsenal fans would be happy with almost any new striker.. And if the new striker can run and score like Vardy has shown with Leicester and in his few games with England then it is good enough for now as the rest of the team needs upgrades and changes as you said, but I believe Wenger has been hugely disappointed last season by some of the players he has trusted way too long to improve.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised and hope that one of Ox/Walcott is shipped out this offseason they haven't improved and have been shit most times. Iwobi has shown really good things and he is promising. Gnabry couldn't force his way into the first XI at WBA so I suspect he might not be good enough for us. So I believe/hope there will be a new addition in a new attacking midfield player who can play on the wings and maybe middle to replace Ozil in some games to get him some rest.
But centre midfield we have plenty of options in Xhaka, El Neny, Coquelin, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey and Ozil playing as number 10.

And yes a new centre back is important I hope Wenger can see that. Chambers may come good but he needs to play regularly so a loan would be best for him. But I believe Arsenal had the 2nd or 3rd best defense last season so it is in attack that Arsenal need to be more clinical and way better to contend until the end.

On a side note, I'm a Gunners fan but I enjoy watching the Spurs playing as I like most of their players and they have a great team as well, next season should be great with a few contenders and not a clear favorite in my opinion.

to me their biggest issue is they lack a real leader, they need someone who can get the team to step up and be counted when the going gets tough and they have't really had that since Viera or maybe RVP

I do think its time to move on from Walcott and Ox, i'd also sell Wilshere while he has any value too because of the injury issues

for me the defensive stats come a lot from their possession numbers, they look shaky when they are attacked, they just aren't attacked so often. Bellerin is the only one on that back 4 I'd have as a guaranteed starter to build around.

I think next season will be wide open among the top 5 or 6. Arsenal/Spurs need to make the least changes and also have the best youth coming through to help, United/City are likely doing big overhauls and may take some time to gel, same with Chelsea, think Liverpool are a year away

Yes agree there have been way too many nice guys in this Arsenal team last few years and too many complacency with Wenger trusting the players he liked too long. Hope Ox/Walcott is shown the door to send a message that when a player supposed to be counted on is repeatedly not good enough means they will be out and not given chances after chances indefinitely.

Will be difficult to have someone close to Vieira but Coquelin was a good start with his fighting spirit but of course can't be compared to Vieira, just the mind set he has is good for the team. Xhaka has been a leader since he helped Switzerland win the U17 World Cup and he should bring his winning temperament good vision and tackling (hopefully without the red cards). Vardy if confirmed will be bring some needed nastiness and quickness to win a few penalties on occasions (can't remember the last time Giroud won a penalty with his runs). So hopefully some steps in the good direction for Arsenal.

Naingolan and Rodiger are not for sale, says a Roma representative

Chelsea join the race for Kante, they also are interested in bringing in Morata

Arsenal believe there is a chance Vardy doesn't leave Leicester

Mascherano says Barcelona blocking him from moving to Juventus

Barcelona interested in Coutinho

Mourinho wants to sell Herrera

Man City sign Ukrainian teenager Zinchenko

little birds are saying Vincent Janssen spotted in London around Spurs training facility

price would be around 12m

scored 27 goals in the dutch league this year, he's recently become the dutch lead striker and he's only 21

seems good risk/reward

strikers from that league are always a risk, could be RVP or Suarez, or they could be alfonso alves or mido

Naingolan and Rodiger are not for sale, says a Roma representative

Thank God.

Though I think you meant Rüdiger.

I've been very concerned about this Naingolan to Chelsea bullshit ever since it started up near the end of the season. The answer is no, you cannot have him. Roma needs him, badly. So fuck off, Chelsea.

Talk of PEA to City, talks close according to DiMarzio.
Seems kind of weird to me for City to go after him. I know money is no object, but doesn't he play essentially the same position as big money transfers Sterling and KdB?
Don't get me wrong, I love me some Aubameyang, but I think City has some more glaring needs.

I'm really, REALLY interested in seeing what United do with Mourinho in charge now. Seems to me they've made a lot of moves the past few years without much rhyme or reason. Or rather, with a new change in regime, certain guys are just hanging around.
United need an overhaul. Clogged up midfield with a whole bunch of meh. Schweinny should get gone. Fellaini has to go. Jury still out on Schnerdelin imo. Carrick needs to come back on another one year deal.
Curious to see what happens to guys like Blind, Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Darmian - all these guys were brought in, but none really made a huge mark.
Mata gotta be gone too, no? I mean Mourinho couldn't sell him fast enough when he had him at Chelsea, even tho he was their player of the year. He's been very uneven at United.

no he's an out and out striker, Sterling/KDB more behind the striker

Kun can play behind the striker too, so the two could play together if needed

also offers a great striker for the 6 months Kun misses every year

Seems kind of weird to me for City to go after him. I know money is no object, but doesn't he play essentially the same position as big money transfers Sterling and KdB?
Don't get me wrong, I love me some Aubameyang, but I think City has some more glaring needs.

I'm really, REALLY interested in seeing what United do with Mourinho in charge now. Seems to me they've made a lot of moves the past few years without much rhyme or reason. Or rather, with a new change in regime, certain guys are just hanging around.
United need an overhaul. Clogged up midfield with a whole bunch of meh. Schweinny should get gone. Fellaini has to go. Jury still out on Schnerdelin imo. Carrick needs to come back on another one year deal.
Curious to see what happens to guys like Blind, Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Darmian - all these guys were brought in, but none really made a huge mark.
Mata gotta be gone too, no? I mean Mourinho couldn't sell him fast enough when he had him at Chelsea, even tho he was their player of the year. He's been very uneven at United.

Id keep Blind for sure, he's just so versatile, good squad player. Rojo

Shaw was looking great until the injury, still think he's the LB of the future there

Darmain struggled but too young to give up on, I think you need some competition at RB beside him though and not Valencia

most writers who follow United say they expect 4-5 signings

Ibra/Bailly and 2 more it looks like, need a RM and a CM the most

little birds are saying Vincent Janssen spotted in London around Spurs training facility

price would be around 12m

scored 27 goals in the dutch league this year, he's recently become the dutch lead striker and he's only 21

seems good risk/reward

strikers from that league are always a risk, could be RVP or Suarez, or they could be alfonso alves or mido

yeh, eredivisie top goal scorers is something I've followed for a while. They can be rocks or diamonds. Some very, very good names on this list, some busts

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eredivisie#Top_scorers

Memphis :craponface:

I agree with keeping Blind for sure - especially with Carrick getting up there. Just curious as to what Mourinho is going to do. I really like the depth of United's back line - although they are missing another true CB to pair with Smalling, unless they intend on moving Jones there more long term, which may make sense. United with Shaw, Darmian, Rojo, Valencia really have a bunch of guys with a lot of versatility. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Gotta be better than moving Ashley Young back there more.

I know PEA lines up as striker, but in my eyes, he's best when he's coming up off a rush, on a counter, to utilize his speed. Dortmund would kill people with Reus and PEA coming up both wings in the attack, and I suppose City could do that pairing him with Sterling and/or KDB. He just always seemed to me to be more dangerous as a winger.

I guess that's the deal tho with all of these EPL clubs with huge money. They can just buy buy buy (United of course no different signing 18 midfielders hoping to find one true attacking CAM).
City just seems to me better served trying to find a backup (replacement) for Toure and/or Silva as they both seemed nowhere near as good as years past.

And all this Vardy to Arsenal talk, sheesh. That's a lot of coin to be spending on a 29/30 year old striker coming off a career year.

Oh, and totally an aside, but anyone see that cross Pogba made on the Giroud goal about a week ago in the France friendly? Was so fucking awesome.

Tottenham are interested in Vincent Jannsen, the deal is close to being done for 12 million pounds

Wes Morgan and Huth have told Vardy to turn down the deal to Arsenal, Vardy has postponed the deal until after the Euros

Arsenal have made a 25 million pound offer for Mahrez

Matic has told Chelsea he wants to go to Man U

Stones told he isn't leaving Everton for any less then 40 million pounds

West Ham are interested in Feghouli

It's either PSG or Barca for Coutinho

Man City in advanced talks with PEA

Totti signs a 1 year deal with Roma

West Ham interested in Walcott

Liverpool have signed Hector Herrera

Bonnuci is getting interested from United, City and Chelsea

Man City wants Laporte to become official in the next few days, however Atletic Bilbao willing to offer him in a new deal to keep him there

Morata will not sign with Man U if Ibra goes there

Middlesbrough interested in Falcao

Pjanic has officially moved to Juventus for 38 million euros

Man U is considering a bid for Bale, 94 million pounds

Real Madrid are prepared to pay as much as 120 million euros for Pogba

Pellegrini should be named the AC Milan manager any day now

It is looking more and more like Vardy will stay at Leicester City

Man Utd willing to send Darmian to Juventus in a deal for Pogba

Watford have rejected a 20 million pound off for Deeney by Leicester City

Arsenal will pursue Cavani if Vardy doesn't come

Juventus wants 120 million Euros + Kroos for Pogba

Leicester City will off Kante a new deal to keep him on the team

Juventus appears to be leading the race for Lukaku

BvB wants 65 million pounds for PEA

Batshuayi wants 100,000 pounds a week from Tottenham

Liverpool is also interested in Kante

Leicester have bid 20 million pounds on Slimani, their bid was rejected

Arsenal interested in Napoli's Hysaj

Man U reportedly prepared to spend on 79 million pounds on Verratti

Roma are interested in Wijnaldum

Tottenham believe they are close to signing Wanyama

Cavani has rejected a move to China

Pep wants Stones and Laporte on his backline

pjanic on the streets of turin

guessing more leave roma now, looks a bit of an exodus

Nianggolen to chelsea, he said he was thinking about it

Crazy to think that big players will give up Champs League to go to Chelsea/Man Utd, unless they are like City in the early takeover stage, where you just offer an insane wage.

I did see today that a reputable Spanish journo said Leroy Sane to City would be done when the Euros finished, and another Spanish journo mentioned something about Nolito to City.

Nainggolan has said he wants to stay and Roma seems somewhat confident they'll keep him. Although, if Chelsea keeps upping that number at a certain point you have to let him go.

I'm not worried about losing Pjanic. He's helpful with set pieces, but he's basically slowly being replaced by others. He can go. Dzeko can go. Strootman can go.

But Nainggolan needs to stay. He'd be difficult to replace.

I did see today that a reputable Spanish journo said Leroy Sane to City would be done when the Euros finished, and another Spanish journo mentioned something about Nolito to City.

Pep building a young team is weird, it's good for City but I am surprised with him basically being a 3 year guy most people think that he's going for so many players in their early 20's

West Ham says they will not sell Payet for any price, Chelsea was told to forget about him

Liverpool interested in Walcott

Leroy Sane is apparently on his way to Man City

Laporte NOT GOING to Man City, signs a new contract extension with Atletico Bilbao that raises his release clause to 70 million euros

Mahrez says he is open to playing at Arsenal

Chinese billionaire will become sole owner of Aston Villa

Morata wants to return to Real Madrid

Chelsea interested in Darmian

Atletico Madrid makes Diego Costa a priority

Umtiti signs on with Barca

Bacca wants out of Milan

We all knew it was coming but why would he want to spend year 35 in Europa, just makes no sense. Galaxy makes more sense.

I thought they had learnt their lesson with Dunga after the 2010 World Cup... What next for Brazil Menezes or Scolari? :cigarguy:

Bayern Munich apparently wants Ibra now.

Everton wants Axel Witsel

Valencia have rejected a 32 million euro bid for Andre Gomes from Chelsea

Southampton are bidding 11 million pound for Nathan Redmond

Morata does not want to play for Arsenal or PSG, only Chelsea or Man U

Leroy Sane to Man City is nearly done for 40 million euros

Tony Xia officially has completed his purchase of Aston Villa

Feghouli is officially with West Ham

Nani has agreed to join Inter

Everton are prepared to bid 13 million pounds for Arnautovic

Chelsea has had talks with Mandanda's people

Barca has agreed with Umtiti to join the club, but not Lyon

Chelsea have been told that they must pay 42 million euros for Andres Gomes

Arsenal preparing to bid 27 million pounds for Gotze

Fenerbahnce have made a 7 million Euro bid for Skrtel and it has been accepted by Liverpool

The chinese government wants to buy Liverpool for 700 million pounds

Cheryshev goes to Villarreal

Man City are interested in Nolito

Espanyol interested in Jese Rodriguez

the Chinese government wanting Pool is false.
It is true, that Pool is/was discretely for sale and they were looking for a Chinese buyer. However, it's stalled and now a new big club has caught their interest.
Expect to see the biggest sale of a football club happen in the near future. Pool will be one of them but there is another club that has just recently been made available, however it's currently well over priced.

Spurs is for sale with stakes ranging minimum of 20%-100%, a full 100% ownership they are seeking 1bn pounds.

Other clubs for sale are Hull, Reading, Wolves.
Few friends I know are interested in purchasing Charlton, pretty good value for what it is right now.

ya they will be sold within 5 years

now that the stadium is in motion and done value has shot way up, ENIC will sell, already quoted the 1bn to someone earlier this year and it was enough to let the stockholders know they were in negotiation

Lukaku's people have apparently been in talks with PSG

Mkhitryian is interested in going to Man U

Real Madrid is expected to make a bid on Payet

Neymar is expected to sign a new contract with Barca

Balotelli is close to a move that would send him to Besiktas

Morata wants Real Madrid, and is fine with not being first choice

Wanyama will undergo a medical for Tottenham

Azpilecuta is likely leaving Chelsea this summer

Chelsea and Man U working on a deal that could see Darmian and Matic heading opposite ways

Arsenal are preparing to offer Wenger a new contract

Man City are preparing to bid 37 million pounds on Kroos

Man U is interested in Bonnuci

Leicester has made a 25 million pound bid on Deeney, Watford insist he is not for sale

Real Madrid has some interest in Kante

Atletico is considering making a bid on Higaun for 60 million Euros

Roma wants 15 million euros for Dzeko (What!?)

Juventus has apparently told Pogba he can leave as long as a team meets their number

Wanyama is undergoing a medical at Tottenham today

Ryan Giggs will announce hes leaving Man U in the next week

Ibra's agent says his client hasnt decided if he wants to play at Man U or not

Leicester City has bid 11 million pounds for Burnley defender, Michael Keane

Man City bid 24 million for Gabriel Jesus

Daley Blind is a target for Arsenal

Unfortunately no, seems like a way to get clicks.. But, JK always says that players should go to Europe to improve, so I'm all for JK going to Europe to become a better coach

Unfortunately no, seems like a way to get clicks.. But, JK always says that players should go to Europe to improve, so I'm all for JK going to Europe to become a better coach

Aha yes would be good for him, not so much for Southampton

Roma wants 15 million euros for Dzeko (What!?)

But we're open to offers. Seriously, MAKE US AN OFFER.

Now that Vardy has rejected us, Wenger might become desperate and not want to splash the cash for a big name striker...! I haven't followed Dzeko at Roma but he used to be good

He's been terrible at Roma. But part of that has been the way he's been used. He doesn't really fit the way the team now plays. Under Garcia it kind of made sense only he couldn't find the back of the net. Now under Spaletti it's Salah & El Shaarawy up front and he's only going to come off the bench and even then the only thing you want him for is size. He can go, we wish him the best.

Also, can I just say that if the Brexit leads to it being that much harder for Nainggolan to move to England and stay with Roma it will ... well, it still won't be worth it, but I'll take it.

He's been terrible at Roma. But part of that has been the way he's been used. He doesn't really fit the way the team now plays. Under Garcia it kind of made sense only he couldn't find the back of the net. Now under Spaletti it's Salah & El Shaarawy up front and he's only going to come off the bench and even then the only thing you want him for is size. He can go, we wish him the best.

Also, can I just say that if the Brexit leads to it being that much harder for Nainggolan to move to England and stay with Roma it will ... well, it still won't be worth it, but I'll take it.

correct me if I'm wrong Joe, but doesn't Brexit make it more difficult for English players to now go to the EU? I also guess it depends on who you talk too (and without turning this thread too political) but many people that supported "Leave", still support having a single European market. I have a feeling that at the end of the day, the EU and UK will come to agreements that lead to few changes in the soccer community and how transfers work in Europe.

Arsenal interested in Slimani

Barcelona interested in Gameiro

Tottenham have made contact with Roma over Sanabria

Man U have been told that Real is willing to sell James Rodriguez

Man City is considering John Stones the #1 target currently

Everton willing to pay Lukaku 100,000 pounds a week to keep him

Juventus has offered Pogba a contract extension

Borussia Dortmund is interested in Bellarabi

Man City are apparently close to signing Stones for 50 million pounds

Embolo has officially signed with Schalke

Mkhitryian (SP?) is close to signing with Man U for 38 million euros

Leicester are interested in Bony