Summer Transfer News and Rumors

pity to see how Casillas has been treated the last couple of seasons....unbelieveable how he goes from his boyhood club as captain, a World Cup Winner a CL Winner to Porto....

curious what Begovic is thinking?
Get Stoke isn't going anywhere but he had other options for Euro football and he choose to be a backup? lol what a loser

super excited for Jack Grealish think Sherwood could really mentor him but won't be long till he ends up going to Citeh or something lol.

Liverpool plans on flipping the Sterling money for Rues

Van gaal wants Cavani

Jordie Clasie set to sign with Southampton

Inter wants 17 million Euros for Shaqiri

PSG close to sign Di Maria

El Sharaaway officially signed with Monaco today on loan

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...W&utm_medium=en_gb&utm_campaign=AdebayorVilla

would be a great signing for them I think, he's always good in his first year

him and Bentekkers up top almost guarantees a top half finish IMO, plus it would be done for playing attacking style

Really doubtful that Benteke is here for another season.
Most think Ade is his replacement but we also need more funds coming in.

Hmmm whats Spurs doing with forwards? Surely they cannot rely heavily on Kane?

Just read an article about Man City legend Rodney Marsh criticizing Delph for not moving to Citeh...saying Villa are "Mediocre" lol ok pal before Citeh were bought out they were really really shit, so easy to talk big now that you have "Bought" your way to a BPL championship.

Besiktas prepared to bid 6 million euros for Javier Hernandez

Di Maria deal could be done within days to PSG for 60 million euros

Sergio Ramos is going nowhere this summer

De Gea is staying at Man U, but Valdes is out

City will bid 35 million for De Bruyne

If you thought who isnt United rumored to be interested in, here is another name, LEwandoski

Michu wants out of Swansea

Spurs want 15 million pounds for Townsend

Altidore is on his way home, will not be continuing with USMNT for Gold Cup

Tottenham interested in OM striker Bichy Batshuayi

Yaya Sanoga looks to be on his way to Ajax

Fabio Capello, to the excitement of anyone with a brain, has been fired

Liverpool put in a bid for 30 million pounds for Benteke

Jordy Clasie move to Southampton looks imminent

Enrique says it is up to Pedro if he leaves for Chelsea or not

Thiago Motta might leave PSG, and might go back to AC Milan

PSG confirms they will allow Sirigu to leave if he wants too

Rafael de Silva wants to leave Man U for either Roma or Fiorentina

Arshavin leaves Zenit for Kuban Kasnador

Really doubtful that Benteke is here for another season.
Most think Ade is his replacement but we also need more funds coming in.

Hmmm whats Spurs doing with forwards? Surely they cannot rely heavily on Kane?

They will buy a 2nd striker this summer or keep soldado

If needed in a pinch they would have chadli as 3rd option in a false 9

Jozy is terrible, USMNT will be better off without him.

I read that United may have upwards of another 100M committed to transfers this year. WTMF. Yeah, I know it's not my money, but at some point, they need to get a settled team ffs.
They've done some pretty solid business so far, and have saved themselves 30M/year ridding themselves of Nani, RvP and Falcao. Why not just look for one more player - a striker maybe - and let's see how it goes. Team has enough talent to contend right now. Messi and CR7 are not available, so short of landing one of those guys, everyone else is just probably overpriced. Have not seen Chelsea going crazy this transfer season, and to me that team could use an inject a bit of talent. Back line getting older, their midfield plays heavy, heavy minutes. And g'luck with Falcao out there.

Impressive that Gerrard and Lampard make the All Star team without even having played a game yet.

Giovani Dos Santos signs with LA Galaxy
Has he been added to the MLS all-star roster too?

I don't get how MLS works, honestly. I thought they were trying to build a league with some parity, and then they allow 3 DPs. That's well and good, but Dos Santos demanded a salary in the 6M/year range - similar to Gerrard. Not sure what Keane makes there too....but how does the Galaxy afford all of these guys?
I'm not sure the entire Dynamo roster gets paid 6M in aggregate.

Dos Santos hasn't exactly wowed me of late either. I tend to think this is a HUGE overpay, albeit with strong Mexican implications in the LA area, obviously will have a positive impact but still htf does the Galaxy spend this kind of payroll?

How can anyone take that league seriously when LA and NYC are just gonna continue to offer farewell tours for these guys?

AC Milan and Chelsea both interested in Axel Witsel

Real Madrid interested in Ospina

Dzeko wants 3 million pounds to leave Man City

United in talks with Sergio Romero

Man City prepared to offer 40 million pounds for de Bruyne

West Ham prepared to offer 9 million pounds for Javier Hernandez

Ron Vlaar in talks with Lazio

Chicago Fire interested in Drogba

Remy is likely on his way to Crystal Palace

Man City now in the mix for James McCarthy

Nicolas Lombaerts failed his medical with Sunderland - looks like hell be staying with Zenit

Has he been added to the MLS all-star roster too?

I don't get how MLS works, honestly. I thought they were trying to build a league with some parity, and then they allow 3 DPs. That's well and good, but Dos Santos demanded a salary in the 6M/year range - similar to Gerrard. Not sure what Keane makes there too....but how does the Galaxy afford all of these guys?
I'm not sure the entire Dynamo roster gets paid 6M in aggregate.

Dos Santos hasn't exactly wowed me of late either. I tend to think this is a HUGE overpay, albeit with strong Mexican implications in the LA area, obviously will have a positive impact but still htf does the Galaxy spend this kind of payroll?

Because the la owner is willing to spend money, just like ny, and Toronto, and Orlando city and Seattle.

There is arguably more parity in this league than any other professional sport.

Because the la owner is willing to spend money, just like ny, and Toronto, and Orlando city and Seattle.

There is arguably more parity in this league than any other professional sport.
Okay, I'll argue.
NFL and NHL for sure have closer salaries, probably NBA too. Would you happen to have the salaries of MLS teams by chance?

[TABLE="width: 359"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;">[TR]
[TD="width: 133"]Overall Rank (’14 RANK)[/TD]
[TD="width: 128"]TEAM[/TD]
[TD="width: 98"]PAYROLL[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]204 (214)[/TD]
[TD]Toronto FC[/TD]
[TD]20.5M (204)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]229 (231)[/TD]
[TD]Los AngelesGalaxy[/TD]
[TD]15.4M (219)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]234 (new)[/TD]
[TD]New York City FC[/TD]
[TD]15M (224)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]241 (new)[/TD]
[TD]Orlando City[/TD]
[TD]13.5M (233)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]246 (228)[/TD]
[TD]New York Red Bulls[/TD]
[TD]13.5M (234)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]247 (230)[/TD]
[TD]Seattle Sounders[/TD]
[TD]12.5M (239)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]256 (281)[/TD]
[TD]New England Revolution[/TD]
[TD]7.3M (283)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]281 (260)[/TD]
[TD]Portland Timbers[/TD]
[TD]5.9M (290)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]289 (262)[/TD]
[TD]Chicago Fire[/TD]
[TD]5.3M (295)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]293 (268)[/TD]
[TD]Houston Dynamo[/TD]
[TD]4.5M (306)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]294 (270)[/TD]
[TD]FC Dallas[/TD]
[TD]4.8M (299)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]295 (255)[/TD]
[TD]Vancouver Whitecaps[/TD]
[TD]5.4M (294)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]297 (277)[/TD]
[TD]Sporting Kansas City[/TD]
[TD]4.4M (310)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]298 (265)[/TD]
[TD]San Jose Earthquakes[/TD]
[TD]4.6M (302)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]301 (289)[/TD]
[TD]Columbus Crew[/TD]
[TD]4.2M (315)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]302 (266)[/TD]
[TD]Philadelphia Union[/TD]
[TD]4.5M (305)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]303 (269)[/TD]
[TD]DC United[/TD]
[TD]4.2M (316)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]304 (253)[/TD]
[TD]Montreal Impact[/TD]
[TD]4.6M (304)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]305 (267)[/TD]
[TD]Real Salt Lake[/TD]
[TD]4.4M (309)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]309 (276)[/TD]
[TD]Colorado Rapids[/TD]
[TD]3.6M (319)[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

That's plain crazy. 13 teams in MLS with under $6M payrolls, or what Gerrard and Dos Santos currently earns.

I do like the idea of limiting the DP's, but I can't see how LA is making money spending 3-4x what the Dynamo or Fire spends. Does Gerrard bring that much extra revenue through the doors?

I think I read somewhere that PSV has a salary cap of $1M per player? Or was it the entire Eredivse? That shits crazy too

Okay, I'll argue.
NFL and NHL for sure have closer salaries, probably NBA too. Would you happen to have the salaries of MLS teams by chance?[/QUOTE

Didn't know you were talking about salary Parity, but does that really matter when in terms results this league clearly has parity. Little separates the best and worst teams in this league.

Every owner can spend the money if he wants , some choose not too and they realize that a player that cost 400k can be just as valuable as a player that one team spends 6 million on. Look at KC. Some teams need stars simply for marketing purposes.

Well, even taking salary parity out of it, the NHL is still probably the most competitive and even league out there. Look at the difference between the President's Cup winner and a team that did not make the playoffs even. NFL too, every year a team makes the playoffs that lost 10 games the year before practically.

Perhaps amongst soccer leagues world wide, the MLS offers a bit more parity. But, still I just don't get how the Galaxy have 2 guys on their roster now (maybe even 3) that earn more than entire clubs payrolls. I was under the impression this was the sort of situation that the MLS was trying to avoid by limiting DP players - maybe i'm wrong. I'm a total newb when it comes to MLS as I just find it utter shit.
The thing is I REALLY WANT to like MLS, as I love soccer and Houston's fan base is pretty damn solid too. I just can't take this league at all serious though.

i think it is a necessary evil. LA and NY can afford to spend more than the other teams in the MLS. if you want more talent to come to the MLS, you have to show you are able to spend

Well, even taking salary parity out of it, the NHL is still probably the most competitive and even league out there. Look at the difference between the President's Cup winner and a team that did not make the playoffs even. NFL too, every year a team makes the playoffs that lost 10 games the year before practically.

Perhaps amongst soccer leagues world wide, the MLS offers a bit more parity. But, still I just don't get how the Galaxy have 2 guys on their roster now (maybe even 3) that earn more than entire clubs payrolls. I was under the impression this was the sort of situation that the MLS was trying to avoid by limiting DP players - maybe i'm wrong. I'm a total newb when it comes to MLS as I just find it utter shit.
The thing is I REALLY WANT to like MLS, as I love soccer and Houston's fan base is pretty damn solid too. I just can't take this league at all serious though.

I'll take your word on NHL, NFL I don't agree.

Pretty much everything the league does screams parity.

Single Entity
Shared REvenues
Team only keeps 66% of transfer fee, rest distributed amongst the teams
League negotiate the transfer fees of players out of MLS
Hard Cap
USMNT players not playing in the league are allocated to teams in an order. They can pick them up( if they want to pay them) or trade their draft order for assets

The disparity in DP salaries is really not that big of an issue. There are really only 5 teams that spend " big" money on players. NYFC, Toronto, Seattle, LA, and Orlando. 2 of those teams are at best borderline playoff teams ( 12 out of 20 make the playoffs). Toronto should make the playoffs, but they didn't even make it last year, and they aren't a title contender in the least bit this year. LA and Seattle are title contenders and the DPs they have and the amount they spend on them are a factor , but it is not the only one.

MLS for sure has it issues, just don't think this is one of them. There isn't really that big of a difference between haves and have nots. Building academies and raising the cap are things the league needs to start focusing on. The lack of quality depth really hurts teams , and that is the product of the cap being so low. To me it seems all they care about is expansion and TV money. I wish they would start focusing a lot more attention on the academy level. If they had done that 20 years ago the league would be in a much better place.

Last edited:
i think it is a necessary evil. LA and NY can afford to spend more than the other teams in the MLS. if you want more talent to come to the MLS, you have to show you are able to spend

They have to spend money and have big name players in order to draw fans. They can't draw fans like a KC or Portland can.

The only thing that is probably a little unfair is that these "big" name guys are going favor New York or LA, but looking at what some of these players make in Europe I'm sure not too many of them would turn down 7 million a year if Colorado , Salt Lake, or Columbus offered it to them. They just aren't

Anybody know where Cavani to Man u stands?

still a possibility, might hinge on Di Maria going to PSG

I think Cavani going to Man U would be a colossal mistake

I think hes one of the most overrated players in the world

Falcao 2.0 for Man U

now let me tell you how I really feel...

They need somebody. RVP is gone, Javier Hernandez has called the removalists. Benteke can’t carry the scoring workload of EPL and Champions League on his own with only help from Rooney. Isn’t much left for them. Ibrahimović is looking for a swansong somewhere. I’d love to see him have a season or two in a more direct league

Sevilla prepared to bid 11 million pounds for Soldado

PSG is interested in stambouli, Tottenham want 9 million, PSG is only prepared go give 6 million (euros)

West Ham and Tottenham both interested in Llorente

Bayern Munich is in talks with Vidal, the deal is apparently imminent

Man U has apparently paid Aston Villa 32.5 million pounds for Benteke and a deal could be done within days

PSG still wants Di Maria, but will not allow Cavani to leave as part of the deal

Chelsea has offered PEdro a 4 year deal

Robinho has officially signed for a Chinese club

Man U has apparently bid 60 million euros for Sergio Ramos

Think what braves is referring to in regards to parity is that when you look at the season ending table, the top teams do not blow away people. The parity is huge in the BPL as you only really have 5 teams that do anything each season, please name me a team other than Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City or Liverpool that get Championship talk?

In The MLS there is really only so few teams that consistently finish at the top. LA Galaxy and then...Looking at the western conference 6 teams are separated with 3 pts...8 teams in the East are separated by 6 points. The gap is closing, sure like any sport there's always going to be a shit team but each year all the teams want to do is just get to the playoffs and as we see in terms of leagues with playoffs things can open up.

Back