St Andrews --- The 150th Open Discussion

This is one of the more wide-open majors in a while. There's about 25 guys I can argue to win and then immediately think they have no chance.
Totally agree.

Conditions are going to be tranquil.

Who's the best lag putters?.... Gonna be key.

One bullet so far, Cam Smith 2800...

Here are my matchups so far:

Tiger +150 over Bryson - I believe Bryson is one of the guys who won't handle a bad bounce well at all.
JH Kim +110 vs Na
Fitz -110 vs Scottie
Cam Smith +105 vs Cantlay - really like this one
Lowry -125 vs Scottie
Tyrell +105 vs DJ
Burns EV vs Hovland
Niemann -110 vs Hovland

I don't like any of the LIV guys to do much this week, with the possible exception of Brooks and P Reed. Even though they left bc of money, they more than any of the others play with a chip on their shoulder. I will probably find some ways to be on Rory and Xander. I think they are 2 of the favorites for a reason. If Rory comes out strong tomorrow, I think he may be tough to catch

Totally agree.

If you think lag putts are vital he's probably the best in the biz. No rain/wind in the forecast?

Darts, British style- all for 1 unit each

Speith winner 18-1
Deki winner 40-1
Speith top 10, +160
Deki top 10, +400
Deki top Asian +300

Add- 1st round Willie Zed -115 over Hovland

GL this week boys

Last edited:
full tourney match ups:

Jordan Smith -145 vs Willett
Dean Burmester -140 vs Van Rooyen

Top 10:

Jordan Smith +1200

So tempted to play Eldrick vs Big Beefy at +170…

Enjoy the tournament guys and best of luck

BOL had an interesting prop, Tiger any round under 71.5.

I think he shoots 2-3 under one of the first two days despite the bad rotation for him (late early).

BOL had an interesting prop, Tiger any round under 71.5.

I think he shoots 2-3 under one of the first two days despite the bad rotation for him (late early).
Did you play it? I think he can make the cut… I doubt his ability to play four rounds in four days at a high level…

Totally agree.

Sheff 16
Collin 30
Finau 56
Lowry 22

Will track Rory and few other guys.

Round 1's I like

Lowry -125 over Morikawa
Finau -110 over Zalatoris
JT -155 over Hovland
Gooch -110 over Wise
Im -135 over Cink

Not laying it, but fitz -200 over tiger. burns doggy price to cantlay too, but pass.

Love that Poulter, Reed and Phil are in the first 7 groups out.

Bryson and Blake also on the tee by 8am.

don't you miss the days when there was a 5ft tracer on every putt?
Always took a minute for me to wonder if I'd straightened up from the night before.

Well, took -20 in contest and that's seemingly how this might go.

Also, an Ernie Els sighting!

Round 1's I like

Lowry -125 over Morikawa
Finau -110 over Zalatoris
JT -155 over Hovland
Gooch -110 over Wise
Im -135 over Cink

Not laying it, but fitz -200 over tiger. burns doggy price to cantlay too, but pass.

Went 2-1-2 despite all leading their matchups with like 4~ holes remaining... I guess I'll take 2 pushes.

I tend to look at players who I liked pre-tourney and see who did well despite poor putting, as that's the most variable stat week to week.

Lowry shooting EV par despite losing 2.59 strokes putting (shows how well he did in other categories ---- specifically APP/T2G). Wiesberger as well (-2.03 SGPutting).

Honorable mentions to Finau/Rahm (-2.66/-2.74).

I didn't love Bryson, but really its a course where off the tee he can really annihilate. He and Xander were the only guys in the top 26 (-3 or better) that lost strokes putting. (-1.04/-0.51).

Those are the guys I'd look for with matchups/DFS.

The opposite can be said about some, like Brown/Kitayam at the top, they both gained 5+ strokes putting... that won't last.

Think I'd fade Cantlay/Harman/Poston/Bezuidenhout.

Rory/Cam/Gooch/Dj/Scheffler all did well putting but some of these guys are the best in the world right now, don't think I'd fade or tail them just yet.

Round 2's

Love

Rahm over Spieth -110
Lowry over Morikawa -125
Finau over Zala -110

Im over Cink -165
Burns over Cantlay +110
Xander over Rory +100

Played me some 3-ball too.

3-Ball Lowry vs JT/Hovland +175
3-Ball Bryson vs Tringale/Daly +110
3-Ball Xander vs Rory/Morikawa +155
3-Ball Im vs Woodland/Casey +140
3-Ball Rahm vs Spieth/Varner +140

Five LIV guys at -3 or -4, T11 or better. Oh man, if a LIV guy finishes Top 3 the same weekend Biden shakes the hand of the Saudi Prince......Norman will be lighting up cigars with $100 bills.
They wont be able to keep him away if one wins

Will crash the gate in his car and drive up to the trophy presentation

Couple r2 matches for me

Billy Ho over Cam Young +105 3*
Cam Smith over Power -150 1.5*

0-1 in singles, day 1. Futures look bleak and hoping both Speith and Deki can make a run over the weekend. Regardless, it’s been a great tourney so far and I find it very easy rooting for anyone on the first page.

Round 3 plays, 2 units each

Deki -140 over Deshambles
Sheffler -125 over DJ
Willie Zed -135 over Sergio

GL boys

Went 2-1-2 despite all leading their matchups with like 4~ holes remaining... I guess I'll take 2 pushes.

I tend to look at players who I liked pre-tourney and see who did well despite poor putting, as that's the most variable stat week to week.

Lowry shooting EV par despite losing 2.59 strokes putting (shows how well he did in other categories ---- specifically APP/T2G). Wiesberger as well (-2.03 SGPutting).

Honorable mentions to Finau/Rahm (-2.66/-2.74).

I didn't love Bryson, but really its a course where off the tee he can really annihilate. He and Xander were the only guys in the top 26 (-3 or better) that lost strokes putting. (-1.04/-0.51).

Those are the guys I'd look for with matchups/DFS.

The opposite can be said about some, like Brown/Kitayam at the top, they both gained 5+ strokes putting... that won't last.

Think I'd fade Cantlay/Harman/Poston/Bezuidenhout.

Rory/Cam/Gooch/Dj/Scheffler all did well putting but some of these guys are the best in the world right now, don't think I'd fade or tail them just yet.
Where are you getting the stats this week?

Need weather for drama please! Don't need much more of watching the best players in the world tearing up a muni

I love St Andrew's but 4 days of this isn't much different than watching these guys play on a goat track with tough pin placements and the slow AF greens make poor putters look legit

Moving day I'll be on X, Rahm, Phil (hehe) but I can't buy Young doing this for 4 days so will fade again. Got lucky with the push yesterday and Cam Smith might destroy this field.

Not sure what to do with Hovland. Been on him in the other majors and against him in this one. He's in my head!

Wouldn’t mind grabbing a 4 pack of one of these if possible for Sunday
Old Jock! Had it in Prescott once, very rich which isn't my thing now but 15 years ago it was. Was a Scottish pub and I was intrigued. Then did the McEwan's ale before settling in on the lager. Hard to find Scottish pubs but not like they don't know what they're all about.

Back