2024 U.S. Open at Pinehurst Discussion

Oakmont next year bitches! More diabolical greens, some front to back sloping, some table tops, plenty of sand, and a little thing called ROUGH. The merchandise shop is already open!

U.S. Open recap: 6-3-1, +5.16 posted plays.

Congrats to @jimmymo for posting the outright winner play and hope ya'll made some coin.

Congrats to Dechambeau for hanging in there and getting it done, hitting my unposted parlay. Had to turn off golf post round- Think the Dechambeau show got a little too carried away into the evening. The Rors meltdown dialogue got carried away too, I think.

Onto Traveler's

Reviewing the Open Contest, there was some good picks, gonna be a close one. Thanks CTG, sponsoring members and @B.A.R. for having to calculate the totals.

Was just an unreal shot. He's also as impressive as a pro athlete can get. He really, really did a great job overall this past week. Even Brandel Chamblee may have been won over, and he's been one of the biggest critics out there and was an asshole the entire tournament. Bryson confronted him in person on live TV and then laughed if off while Brandel the douche scrambled to find words and acted like he wasn't sure if he was critical of Bryson's iron play in the past. Perfectly done.

U.S. Open recap: 6-3-1, +5.16 posted plays.

Congrats to @jimmymo for posting the outright winner play and hope ya'll made some coin.

Congrats to Dechambeau for hanging in there and getting it done, hitting my unposted parlay. Had to turn off golf post round- Think the Dechambeau show got a little too carried away into the evening. The Rors meltdown dialogue got carried away too, I think.

Onto Traveler's

Rory's meltdown, and then childish behavior after the tourney (he literally stormed out and didn't congratulate Bryson) should be talked about even more. Fuck him. Everyone got to see who they are as people (and even more so after Bryson congratulated and seemed genuinely excited for X when he beat him by one at the PGA) and Rory may have finally been exposed to anyone who didn't realize who he is. And, of course, Bryson took the high road when asked about Rory and the missed putt.

Last edited:
Meh that was all about who could fuck up the least and Bryson somehow fucked up less than Rory

Not a good watch at all

Time to turn the page to the Open Championship ore even the Reno-Tahoe event

Meh that was all about who could fuck up the least and Bryson somehow fucked up less than Rory

Not a good watch at all

Time to turn the page to the Open Championship ore even the Reno-Tahoe event

Bryson is now based. Great win and the very likable. A true star of the sport!

Even former president's think so.

He's a douchebag

Will be Walton like behind the microphone though

In a lengthy post, Trump said DeChambeau “will go on to many more Major Championships,” adding that he “is a truly tough competitor, even a nasty one, but he also happens to be a great guy.”

In a lengthy post, Trump said DeChambeau “will go on to many more Major Championships,” adding that he “is a truly tough competitor, even a nasty one, but he also happens to be a great guy.”
Well that's the kiss of death like every company he's ever touched.

Well that's the kiss of death like every company he's ever touched.

Congratulations to Bryson DeChambeau on his incredible WIN of the United States Open! He showed a toughness and inner strength, matched perfectly with his GREAT Golfing Talent, that can never be denied! Under massive pressure, he pulled off some of the greatest shots ever made, especially his spectacular sand save on the 18th Hole that gave him the Victory,” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

Truth Social doing pretty good...

Congratulations to Bryson DeChambeau on his incredible WIN of the United States Open! He showed a toughness and inner strength, matched perfectly with his GREAT Golfing Talent, that can never be denied! Under massive pressure, he pulled off some of the greatest shots ever made, especially his spectacular sand save on the 18th Hole that gave him the Victory,” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

Truth Social doing pretty good...
It's fucking bankrupt just like its fearless soldier that dodged the draft

Next

Great theater will be when Barron plants that cunt with a left hook on live tv

He hates Barron

Also when I was growing up in the '80s he was a die hard liberal and loved the Clintons and Epstein. There's a reason he'll never unseal those documents. Fuck I wish Fred had pulled out.

Great theater will be when Barron plants that cunt with a left hook on live tv

He hates Barron

Also when I was growing up in the '80s he was a die hard liberal and loved the Clintons and Epstein. There's a reason he'll never unseal those documents. Fuck I wish Fred had pulled out.

Trump is the reason they won't release them - no island, and one of the first to push him aside very early on when he realized he was a creeper.

People change. Clinton's policies would be moderately right according to today's standards.

Trump a perv for sure - but he's into female supermodels, not boys and girls.

LOL he hates Barron? Source?

Fact check please on the bankrupt? Forbes has it estimated to be worth 10 billion.

Try to stop a ball on that shelf....Donald Ross would be proud.
It turned out to be a great tournament other than watching failure after failure to lose it as opposed to great shot making to win it

I don't mind it being on the rotation, Pebble has no business there....should be Torrey out West and would prefer Bethpage Black to this course. I know the Pennsylvania course has to be on the rotation just cuz. But adapt to the game.

Crazy after day 1 everyone thought 15 under would be a winning score. Thursday was a one-off.

It turned out to be a great tournament other than watching failure after failure to lose it as opposed to great shot making to win it

I don't mind it being on the rotation, Pebble has no business there....should be Torrey out West and would prefer Bethpage Black to this course. I know the Pennsylvania course has to be on the rotation just cuz. But adapt to the game.

Crazy after day 1 everyone thought 15 under would be a winning score. Thursday was a one-off.

Failure for sure by little Rory.

But perhaps the toughest clutchest shot in the last 20 years in a major with the bunker shot from a football field away.

Trump is the reason they won't release them - no island, and one of the first to push him aside very early on when he realized he was a creeper.

People change. Clinton's policies would be moderately right according to today's standards.

Trump a perv for sure - but he's into female supermodels, not boys and girls.

LOL he hates Barron? Source?

Fact check please on the bankrupt? Forbes has it estimated to be worth 10 billion.
Quit the blind, I'm not going down this road. You don't think he's filed bankruptcy 6 times as the principal of a business? Dude, tap out. It's a google search.

He hates Barron because he's 6'9" and makes his douche ass look small. Which he is.

Quit the blind, I'm not going down this road. You don't think he's filed bankruptcy 6 times as the principal of a business? Dude, tap out. It's a google search.

He hates Barron because he's 6'9" and makes his douche ass look small. Which he is.

Ah. No facts. Thanks.

Fred didn't pull out but Bryson pulled off some of the greatest shots ever made.

Ah. No facts. Thanks.

Fred didn't pull out but Bryson pulled off some of the greatest shots ever made.
Are you challenging the actual fact that he's filed bankruptcy 6 times?

Even the dumbest of fux accept that without research

Bryson is based.

And only maybe Portnoy's opinions are more important in the sports world than Trump's.

If he says, you're a made man. You're a made man. Congrats beefcake.

Bryson is based.

And only maybe Portnoy's opinions are more important in the sports world than Trump's.

If he says, you're a made man. You're a made man. Congrats beefcake.
I haven't heard Portnoy nor Trump. But I'm West where the weed is just as legal as the loaded gun.

I have to give Bam Bam props, never seen him so good with his short game. New found respect.....kudos are due imo...and I like the way he dealt with the crowd he was having a blast out there.

I have to give Bam Bam props, never seen him so good with his short game. New found respect.....kudos are due imo...and I like the way he dealt with the crowd he was having a blast out there.
Absolutely.

Rory played a GREAT first 13 ish holes. Incredible golf on this stage. US Opens aren't meant to be a walk in the park on the back 9. No surprise that either backed up a bit. Bottom line is Rory's putter got him late and Bryson made some HUGE huge pars.

The par on #9 was SO BIG.

This felt a lot like 1999 but with different parallels.

Both took an up and down late to clinch it.

Also, saw this on SM somewhere, but Bryson had his 06 Phil 4th round going with that driver but made the last hole count.

His businesses did, not him personally. But you know that.

Many businesses and MANY very wealthy, very popular people have filed business bankruptcies…many times it’s a strategic move. But again, you know that.

This felt a lot like 1999 but with different parallels.

Both took an up and down late to clinch it.

Also, saw this on SM somewhere, but Bryson had his 06 Phil 4th round going with that driver but made the last hole count.

He switched drivers too, either before the weekend or before Sunday. Would have been something that ate at him I’m sure, had he not pulled out the win.

Failure for sure by little Rory.

But perhaps the toughest clutchest shot in the last 20 years in a major with the bunker shot from a football field away.

Arena league field my man.

Failure absolutely on Rory’s part but Bryson capitalized on it, made the shots when he needed to, and also made himself look amazing to everyone involved on all aspects of it (except for the beta males who just can’t help themselves).

Was a great weekend for a great golfer an by all accounts and even better person. He’s going to be a star for a while, and may be the reason the PGA and LIV get something done sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Arena league field my man.

Failure absolutely on Rory’s part but Bryson capitalized on it, made the shots when he needed to, and also made himself look amazing to everyone involved on all aspects of it (except for the beta males who just can’t help themselves).

Was a great weekend for a great golfer and by all accounts and even better person. He’s going to be a star for a while, and may be the reason the PGA and LIV get something done sooner rather than later.

I was going to say half a football field and then decided to just stay with the bigly language theme lol

I was thinking the same thing, too, a likable LIV major champion is the key to bringing people back to the table

I was going to say half a football field and then decided to just stay with the bigly language theme lol

I was thinking the same thing, too, a likable LIV major champion is the key to bringing people back to the table

Haha, just busting your stones.

Bryson would (and should) be ranked in the top 3 right now, and you’d think he’d be #2 behind Scotty. Him not being on the Olympic team is a joke, and is only due to the OWGR…which it looked like ONLY the US decided to use that criteria for choosing a team.

He switched drivers too, either before the weekend or before Sunday. Would have been something that ate at him I’m sure, had he not pulled out the win.
He caved in the face at the end of his warm ups before Sunday’s round. I honestly thought he was fucked. The back up head is a back up for a reason. He couldn’t find a fairway to save his life, but battled through. Big props to Mr beefy.

Behind the mic he's great

On the course he's fucking Micky Mouse, complete XFL if that's what you like

I know it’s Pinehurst but what happened on the par 5 5th to Rory was bullshit. He went on that heater and didn’t take into account the adrenaline 7 iron over the green on 15. Even Bryson with his long shafts and juiced lofts didn’t hit 7 iron over that green. Nothing changes the fact that Rory looked like a 15 handicap trying to close out a 5 dollar Nassau on a weekend with those short putts. I’m curious to see if he tries hitting up on his short putts like he did on that short one on 18. Glancing blow in my opinion, obviously should miss on the low side. I’m under the impression this will affect him long term in a negative way. But I was also glad to see him leave asap the other night. What’s he supposed to do? Have a drink of chocolate milk with Bryson and celebrate bring a runner up two years in a row?

Again love the convo back and forth, I appreciate you guys.

I know it’s Pinehurst but what happened on the par 5 5th to Rory was bullshit. He went on that heater and didn’t take into account the adrenaline 7 iron over the green on 15. Even Bryson with his long shafts and juiced lofts didn’t hit 7 iron over that green. Nothing changes the fact that Rory looked like a 15 handicap trying to close out a 5 dollar Nassau on a weekend with those short putts. I’m curious to see if he tries hitting up on his short putts like he did on that short one on 18. Glancing blow in my opinion, obviously should miss on the low side. I’m under the impression this will affect him long term in a negative way. But I was also glad to see him leave asap the other night. What’s he supposed to do? Have a drink of chocolate milk with Bryson and celebrate bring a runner up two years in a row?

Again love the convo back and forth, I appreciate you guys.
I was also refreshed to see him live in a fit of rage

First time in forever I've seen competitive emotion out of him

Back