• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

The Open Championship @ Royal Troon Discussion...

On bird to Denver. Hopefully I can get live coverage, make a quick flight if so. Doubt the books will be available but they should be

Watching intermittently on Peacock at work. I have it on the 8th hoke. The amount of balls ending up in the right bunker is amazing to me.

Finding theopen.com very useful, ahead of TV coverage and has shot tracker for each player. Good for live bets.

Clark shit the bed so hoping Fitz beats Spieth. Crossing fingers to get out of Rd.1 just down a few units. Not seeing it well currently

Reactions: KJ
Who would've thought John Daly getting two a side from Rory and Tiger would've been a competitive match?

Rd.1 recap- Might be a duh comment but it sounds like the flip of wind direction on the front 9 is what threw off the early groups, only a handful (it seems) of guys were able to manage the change. They've been practicing in a tail wind for the past couple of days. Guys in the late wave got the better draw, calmer winds and took advantage.

Early wave bets definitely threw off my morning and mind set. Gonna start digging into early wave Rd.2 plays. Don't suppose we have any meteorologists on board that can tell us if the early guys will have a tail wind on the front 9 or not? Do we?

Rd.1: 2-3, -1.4u. Futures look dim but still alive to some degree. Let's eat boys.

Finau under 71.5 -105 4u(FD)
ADD- Aberg under 70.5 -105 2.5u(DK)
ADD- Fleetwood under 70.5 +105 2.5u(DK)
Late wave rd.1 add: Clark v Koepka-114 4u(Betrivers)

rd.1 live add: Fitz v. Spieth -105 4u(FD)

Rd.1 recap- Might be a duh comment but it sounds like the flip of wind direction on the front 9 is what threw off the early groups, only a handful (it seems) of guys were able to manage the change. They've been practicing in a tail wind for the past couple of days. Guys in the late wave got the better draw, calmer winds and took advantage.

Early wave bets definitely threw off my morning and mind set. Gonna start digging into early wave Rd.2 plays. Don't suppose we have any meteorologists on board that can tell us if the early guys will have a tail wind on the front 9 or not? Do we?

Rd.1: 2-3, -1.4u. Futures look dim but still alive to some degree. Let's eat boys.

Finau under 71.5 -105 4u(FD)
ADD- Aberg under 70.5 -105 2.5u(DK)
ADD- Fleetwood under 70.5 +105 2.5u(DK)
Late wave rd.1 add: Clark v Koepka-114 4u(Betrivers)

rd.1 live add: Fitz v. Spieth -105 4u(FD)
1721349392974.png

Capping winds and weather will be crucial.

Good points earlier by Lao.

I wasn't expecting afternoon to play easier. I figured the same or slightly less.

I said earlier anyone +3 and better is fine.

I honestly still think that.

Lowry and Brown won't gain as much putting tomorrow, imo. Same with JT.

That being said, pretty strong trend there.

I'll be very happy with Shane can shoot 72 or better.

I need something in 60s from Collin. Hopefully a 68-69 from Tony to me in the thick of things.

All in seeing weather wise is a bit windier in afternoon (15-20 vs 7-15 on average)

Last edited:
Lowry giving some back here on 11. Was in control. Missed a short gimme birdie on 10. Camera guy clicked too soon on 11 and he wasn't happy about it

Lowry giving some back here on 11. Was in control. Missed a short gimme birdie on 10. Camera guy clicked too soon on 11 and he wasn't happy about it
Good Lord. Lowry is still trying to figure this mess out. Hit a provisional but was able to find his original ball in the gorse.

Back