So... fill me in

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
Just got back from a week long vacation with my now fiance on a cruise and didnt look at one boxscore and watch one TV on the trip... although it took alot to not, lol.

So, I know the series scores now, but what happened in the last round? first 2 games? anything good?

I need my hockey fix now:cheers:

Come on married life isnt that bad, I havent worn my 'somebody shoot me' t-shirt in weeks lol

Nice to see you back SC:cheers:

lol
after reading the first few words, i was like..."wait until you hit the 7 year (itch) mark"...but then i read on...

Ottawa is winning the Cup. This has been evident since Game 4 of their first round series, but I just saw it in Game 1 of this series and I think everyone else will in another week. They just seem to have it this year (finally)

I think I agree with JG. I've been on the Ottawa bandwagon for two series now and I'm pretty happy about it, it's one of the wagering things that's been going right for two weeks.

The Sharks fell apart, some of us stupidly thought they had the heart to rebound after giving up those games early, they didn't, and losing Guerin didn't help.

The Wings, it should be noted, showed a ton of heart. They've just got so many injuries at this point. The fact that 56 year-old Dominik Hasek is standing on his head is really impressive, but it can't go on forever and when you've only got five defensemen you're in trouble.

The Wings strike me as this round's Canucks. Injuries and too much time on the ice feel like they're catching up with them.

Buffalo might have had a shot here if they would have pulled out Game Two, but now they're two games down to the better team without home ice to fall back on, not much you can do there.

Good to see you back, congrats on the engagement.

Congrats man! :cheers:

Been gone from the board for a while due to heavy work load, but still watching the games... Ottawa is definitely the team to beat right now, and from what I have seen from the Ducks, they might take the series from Detroit in the next game. I think Detroit's injury problems will be their demise...

I have Sens winning 4-2 over the Ducks in the Stanley Cup finals right now.

I have Sens winning 4-2 over the Ducks in the Stanley Cup finals right now.

I really, really like this sentence. It wins me two different future bets.

Be right, Charvik. Oh, and welcome back.

=)

LOL, thanks man.

I have the Sens winning it too, and I like that bet more and more for each game I see. I do think the Ducks matches up better with the Sens, than what the Sabres did (which is why I played 4-2, don't remember the line I got, it was before this round started).

Yeah, I think it would be a very interesting matchup. Because I think Ottawa is playing much better as a team offensively, perhaps even defensively right now. They strike me as the much better team at pretty much every postion except one, goalie.

And that's the X-factor that I think could really make it compelling to watch.

Agreed. Sens/Ducks would be a great final series, at least as a fan of the game. For ratings it might be a disaster, but hiding it away on VS isn't all that good for the sport either.

I suspect the networks (NBC?) would like to see Detroit advancing, but I don't see that happening. 2 more games against a physical Ducks team would be tough on the players getting too much ice time right now.

Oh, you're absolutely right. The ratings would be miserable. Although, I didn't see it, but I can't imagine they'd be all that much worse than Carolina/Edmonton.

But NBC's such a mess, the don't even have a game of the Finals until Game Three.

But for a fan of the game, it would be great.

Not to mention, the last three Canadian teams to go to the Finals have all lost the Cup in seven games. So it sets up as a barn-burner.

Sens having not played the Ducks all season makes for a coaching battle... not sure which way Id lean, but Gigueres experience and OT record could pose a problem.

Going to be a deep series should it end up Ducks / Sens

Back