Saratoga 2017

David Grening @DRFGrening
<svg class="_1zoFgUph" viewBox="0 0 24 24" style="display: inline-block; fill: currentcolor; height: 1.25em; max-width: 100%; position: relative; user-select: none; vertical-align: text-bottom;"><g>
</path></g></svg>

Steve Asmussen said the Woodward here on 9/2 is a real possibility for Gun Runner. Would give him 9 weeks to the BC Classic.

What do you do with a horse like Mohaymen? Since his 4th in the Derby he's beaten a total of 8 horses in his last six starts, trying sprints, 1 turn miles, 2 turn routes and a even turf effort. This time he tried blinkers and attended the pace but then fell apart. I don't know what he does well at this point. He's a multiple graded stakes winner so I doubt they want to geld him but I'm not what else they could try.

Send him to Australia and run to the right, a Tin Cup kinda move. Just hope it's all mental.

What do you do with a horse like Mohaymen? Since his 4th in the Derby he's beaten a total of 8 horses in his last six starts, trying sprints, 1 turn miles, 2 turn routes and a even turf effort. This time he tried blinkers and attended the pace but then fell apart. I don't know what he does well at this point. He's a multiple graded stakes winner so I doubt they want to geld him but I'm not what else they could try.
They should retire him

The problem with a horse like Mohaymen is he loses value every race he runs if treated as a commodity. Kinda sad.

I remember being on a boat the day Smarty Jones was running Belmont...casual fans at best but several sports fans. Cut the day short to watch the race.

Barbaro still make me sick watching that one, was at a pool party and left early after that

I really thought Smarty Jones would be the first triple crown of my life (that I remembered anyway). That's what made American Pharoah so great, I KNEW he would be.

Jfc I had everything but 7 in some fashion there, saw it coming as soon as they hit the stretch

Ramon Dominguez is the most talented jockey I've ever seen at judging the pace of a race. He could milk a front end horse as well as anybody.

Love these ads on FS2, Runhappy...won all while running 100% drug free!

Claiborne Farms, gotta love it

Green Mask is best in here but not sure he gets enough pace today and Pure Sensation should be the controlling speed

Kat O Mine in the finale today for Parting Glass......worth using in multis? Mott usually doesn't have the firsters cranked up.

Kat O Mine in the finale today for Parting Glass......worth using in multis? Mott usually doesn't have the firsters cranked up.
He does OK with firsters going long on the grass, older sister, Kat Zippity, won first time out last June, but hasn't raced since. Mother was a stakes winner routing on turf, so she has the pedigree. Can see her hitting the board, I know there was excitement after her last couple of works.

He does OK with firsters going long on the grass, older sister, Kat Zippity, won first time out last June, but hasn't raced since. Mother was a stakes winner routing on turf, so she has the pedigree. Can see her hitting the board, I know there was excitement after her last couple of works.
I didn't realize she was in this race as well but one of the Bush runners, Tulips Galore, worked the same day as Cliffs of Dover and I was with him as he timed the work and he was fairly excited to see her finally hit the track, had some issues last year hence the debut at 4, not one I'm looking to back here but do want to see how she runs in this effort, and maybe target for her next.

This meet it seems like any sprinter off a layoff of 8 months or more runs like a stone cold lock??

Back