Saratoga 2017

R3:
For whatever reason NY jockeys are not aggressive in these three turn turf races and a lot of them are won on the front end and there isn't much speed signed on in here...#1 was able to crawl in last and could repeat here...#2 exits same slow paced race and had a tough trip...tough to makeup ground when they go :51, 1:41, 2:27 and was shuffled back on inside before having to deal with traffic through the stretch
Shug is 3 for last 5 with turf marathon runners

Did you look at WVA Derby at all? I'm sort of against Lookin at Lee because of running style, looking at #1 and maybe a little #7
#7 looks good, 2nd to Irap and McCracken in last 2, #1 might benefit from the Navarro juice, I also like #11 who might be able to set some soft fractions

R6

Pk4
R6: #2,4,8,9,10,11
R7: #1,6
R8: #2,4,8,10
R9: #6

Pk4
R6: #4,8,9,11
R7: #1,6
R8: #2,4,8,10
R9: #6

Mott strikes on big day with 2YO firster on turf
lloyd: I bet two of his 1sters so far this meet, obv not this one but I liked the way his 2yo ran 1st weekend

Wagering format sucks at Mountaineer, no DD offered in R7 into R8 and if I could bet pk3 in R6,7,8 I would but don't like last race so I'll make my own DD with Win parlays

Mnr R7 Win #7 into R8 Win #1,7

R7 alive on two tickets 2nd leg of middle pk4
Added:
BIG GS #1/8/6/7
and EBX #1,6 and Win #6

#1 is one to beat, should've been winner last out (watch replay Bel R8 6/18) and that was probably a better field...my value play is #6 - Stall is having a great meet, makes NA debut today and gets Lasix, has really moved up as a gelding in his 4yo campaign

R8 8,10 likely winners...#4 is my value play, should get good pace setup, cuts back in distance and decent price

American Gal is a filly with serious talent, that was impressive just like her victory in Victory Ride

Alive in 'BIG' GS, alive in 'BIG' pk4
Spa R9 add 'BIG' pk3 #6/7/3,6,7 and 'med' pk3 #6/1,7,10,11/3,6,7

R10 really thought 2 had this race but scr out for next Sat vs boys and I like her chances but now #7 On Leave 3 for 3 at distance looks to lay over field imo

R11: #7 Neolithic is off layoff and returns from Dubai to prep for Woodward...#6 Mo Town returns to races, very solid work 7/26 and if all goes well could run in Jerkens (Kings Bishop)...value play is #3 Realm - no chance 1 1/16 and off track in last, two back trouble and three back chased hot pace

Nice exacta and tri in WVA Derby but unfortunately I didn't bet that race the right way...capping and betting two different things but have to put both together in this tough game...let's cash out at Spa

Even though not completely sold on Gun Runner going 1 1/4 , I still prefer him over Arrogate in BC futures...anyone have access to futures or have seen prices?

Back