Saratoga 2017

Spa R6
Pk3 #8/1,2,4,5,7,9/4
Exacta #8/1,4,7,9 and smaller Exacta #1,4,7,9/8

#1 since 2015 Mott Spa 2yo 1sters on turf 14:4-2-0
#4 kin to G1 turf winner Lukes Alley ($795k earner)
#7 could be the speed, sire The Factor turf runners hitting at 20% clip debut
#9 Clement 2yo 1sters in turf routes @ Spa L5 years 4 for 11 $7.03 ROI, 7 of the 11 in the $

#3 taking $ at 3-1 but not a strong move for Pletcher with 2YO 2nd time starters sprint to route on turf

Spa R7 GS #5,9/4/4/5,7
Spa R8 Pk4 #4/4/1,3,5,7/2,3,6,7,8
Also for Spa R7 Win #5 and EBX #5,9

#5 Breen 8 for 27 (30%) 2yo 2nd time starters MSW dirt L5 years and very good with all 2yo's in general
#9 Pletcher has very good numbers with his 2yo 1sters going 7F on dirt

Also for Spa R7 Win #5 and EBX #5,9

#5 Breen 8 for 27 (30%) 2yo 2nd time starters MSW dirt L5 years and very good with all 2yo's in general
#9 Pletcher has very good numbers with his 2yo 1sters going 7F on dirt
Almost got the win bet home but exacta cashes and both GS's are alive

World Approval was much the best in R10, need #2,3,7,8 to cash pk3...late scr of #6 doubles up on #8 if post time fav

That works, hit pk3 but my four I had going are the super...not smart enough to catch that as well

Best bet of day coming up at Arlington...

My Track biases

7/21: dirt R+, turf S+
7/22: dirt R+
7/24: dirt R+ (muddy S)
7/27: off track
7/28: dirt R+
7/29: dirt R+, dirt sprints S+
7/31: dirt R++
8/2: no bias dirt?
8/3: dirt R+
8/4: dirt R+

R = Rail, or inside favoring
S = speed, early speed, front runner
8/12: dirt R+

NYRA<svg aria-label="Verified account" class="_3sxxtSz0 _2phkKrpG" viewBox="0 0 24 24" style="display: inline-block; fill: currentcolor; height: 1.25em; max-width: 100%; position: relative; user-select: none; vertical-align: text-bottom;"><g>
</path></g></svg> @TheNYRA

<svg class="_1zoFgUph" viewBox="0 0 24 24" style="display: inline-block; fill: currentcolor; height: 1.25em; max-width: 100%; position: relative; user-select: none; vertical-align: text-bottom;"><g>
</path></g></svg>

**Races 7 and 9 will remain ON the Turf. Races 2, 4, 6, and 10 are OFF the Turf** #Saratoga

Kat O Mine in the finale today for Parting Glass......worth using in multis? Mott usually doesn't have the firsters cranked up.
A little post race note:

Kat O Mine
Jose Lezcano told Bill after the race, that Kat O Mine was a bit distracted after she was pushed off course by the horse in front of her at the 8th mile pole - which made her start looking around. He suggested to Bill to put blinkers on her and that he would like to ride her back and he would get her to win!

A little post race note:

Kat O Mine
Jose Lezcano told Bill after the race, that Kat O Mine was a bit distracted after she was pushed off course by the horse in front of her at the 8th mile pole - which made her start looking around. He suggested to Bill to put blinkers on her and that he would like to ride her back and he would get her to win!

Will file that away, thanks Lloyd.

David Grening @DRFGrening
<svg class="_1zoFgUph" viewBox="0 0 24 24" style="display: inline-block; fill: currentcolor; height: 1.25em; max-width: 100%; position: relative; user-select: none; vertical-align: text-bottom;"><g>
</path></g></svg>

Songbird will run in G1 Personal Ensign at Saratoga on Aug. 26, owner Rick Porter said.

Late pick 4 today

R7 - Two Chads (#1 and #2) and #3 1 for 1 at the distance.
R8 - #4, #8 and #9 have shown the best speed figs to date. Two Pletcher horses #1 and #6 in here both at big prices, that's usually not a good sign for him.
R9 - Chad has a potential wire candidate in #9 trying turf first time, #7 ran a big 6f number, needs respect at a price, #3 has a winning speed figure at distance, while #6 is 1 for 1 at distance. Lots of possibilities if Chad's horse fails, #2 and #8 not without a shot.
R10 - Off turf, brings #12 with JV/Pletcher combo right into the driver's seat. #3 stays in and has representative dirt efforts on resume. Can't leave #4 out at what will be a really nice price. Not a fan of other MTO #13.

Main - 1,2,3 / 4,8,9 / 3,6,7,9 / 3,4,12
Backup - 1,2,3 / 1,6 / 9 / 3,4,12

Best of luck Play, Lloyd and Aplous

R1
#6 is the main speed but has blown leads in his last 5 races
#8 is my top pick, figures to get a nice outside stalking trip, ran well last time but that was on turf, now returns to surface that produced most recent win

R2
Stabbing with 20-1 ml longshot #11 who has race experience edge on 1sters going this 7F distance, should improve off debut race in which he was stuck on inside vs Mojovation who will be in 2yo stakes end of meet

R3 Win #7
Ran vs bias last time and two back was on turf, prior three races make her a contender, should be square price

Back