Rod's NBA Playoffs 2008/09

my boys didn't go that much further than your boys this year Rod, they're both pretty much done and need overhauls. GL with the late play. :shake:

Spurs (i.e. Parker) just couldn't sustain that first half performance. :shake:

Rod when you say fade are you talking about fading the public or the majority of the cappers here. I was on the Jazz but would like more reasoning why you say fade play here. I'm trying to learn some new methods to look at and just wanted to know your thoughts.

Rod when you say fade are you talking about fading the public or the majority of the cappers here. I was on the Jazz but would like more reasoning why you say fade play here. I'm trying to learn some new methods to look at and just wanted to know your thoughts.

Nah I meant fade me. Stone cold right now but those were the 3 plays I had lined up for tonight.

Thanks for the response, so you think I should stay with my play on the Jazz? Everybody has bad streaks my friend you just have to keep going at it. Do you fade yourself when you get bad streaks. I am on a bad run myself and just have no confidence right now. I'm already down to my book 2 grand and I can't take much more.

Thanks for the response, so you think I should stay with my play on the Jazz? Everybody has bad streaks my friend you just have to keep going at it. Do you fade yourself when you get bad streaks. I am on a bad run myself and just have no confidence right now. I'm already down to my book 2 grand and I can't take much more.

hehee I was just taking the piss out of myself, I definitely do not suggest you or anyone fade themselves just because they may be on a bad run.

Reduce your stakes a little until you get some confidence back if you are in a bad run.

Bit late on the update

Tonight 0-1 -3

Playoffs 7-10 -7.5 units

Going to sit out until the Rockets/Blazers series is determined as I have the Rockets series still pending.

Game 7:

Celtics -6 over Bulls (3)

I'm not saying that the Bulls will lay an egg tonight because motivation wise this notion is ridiculous, however having just come off a triple OT win at home to force a decider, you are asking a lot for a young team who don't have that post season experience like their opponents to lift one more time on the road on the champions homecourt. Have to always favor the home team in a game 7 situation IMO.

good luck

Cavs v Hawks

Season Results (Home team first)

Nov 22 Cavs 110 Hawks 96 (Cavs/OVER)
Dec 13 Hawks 97 Cavs 92 (Hawks/OVER)
Mar 1 Hawks 87 Cavs 88 (Hawks/UNDER)
Mar 22 Cavs 102 Hawks 96 (Hawks/OVER)

Skipping ahead to Tuesday firstly, the Hawks have been Jekyll and Hyde so far these playoffs. One thing I have learnt when watching the Hawks/Heat series was that if you jump the Hawks early they have an inability to make a run to comeback. Cavs have too many big runs in them on offense for this not to happen, epecially at home.

Hawks don't match up well against the Cavs IMO:
*Hawks pick and roll D is atrocious, Varejao has developed his ability to roll into the paint allowing Lebron to find an open man. And you know he will always find that open man if need be.
*Mismatch between Bibby and Mo Williams - Bibby may have the playoff experience on his side but that is about it, Williams is quicker and far more athletic and is going to have a big series as a result. (for those into props get on some scoring options for him, he will average close to 20PPG IMO)
*Bench play - this is no contest, Hawks essentially run 7 deep whereas the Brown uses an 8 or 9 man rotation. The advantage is going to be highlighted even more given the fact that the Hawks are coming off a 7 game series whereas the Cavs are coming off 8 days rest.

Cavs will win in no more than 5 games, if they get that game 3 in Atlanta then it will be a wrap. I'll be betting Cavs 4-1 and 4-0 accordingly when the markets come out.

Game 1:

Cavs -11.5 over Hawks (4)

Celtics v Magic

Dec 1 Celtics 107 Magic 88 (Celtics/OVER)
Jan 22 Magic 80 Celtics 90 (Celtics/UNDER)
Mar 8 Celtics 79 Magic 86 (Magic/UNDER)
Mar 25 Magic 84 Celtics 82 (Celtics/UNDER)

------------------------

Magic's Lee won't travel for Game 1

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Starting guard Courtney Lee will not travel with the Orlando Magic to Boston as he recovers from surgery on his fractured sinus.
Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said before the team left Sunday that he hoped Lee would fly up to Boston with a team doctor Monday to watch Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Celtics. Lee did not attend the Magic's practices this weekend.
Lee was injured in Game 5 of Orlando's first-round series against Philadelphia on an inadvertent elbow by teammate Dwight Howard. Lee will have to wear a protective mask if he returns. Van Gundy said he does not expect Lee back anytime soon and if he plays at all this series, it would be a "bonus."
J.J. Redick started Game 6 for the Magic in Lee's place and is expected to do the same in the second round.

Lakers v Rockets

Nov 9 Lakers 111 Rockets 82 (Lakers/OVER)
Jan 13 Rockets 100 Lakers 105 (Lakers/OVER)
Mar 11 Rockets 92 Lakers 102 (Lakers/UNDER)
Apr 3 Lakers 93 Rockets 81 (Lakers/UNDER)

Rod-

Any thoughts on the boston orlando side tonight.

Thanks.

Going to use the wait and see approach with Game 1, I think the Magic are good enough to beat the Celtics over a 7 game series and depending on game 1 going to jump on that.

But I would rather Lee be playing for the Magic as I honestly don't see Reddick good enough defensively to hold out Allen.

Gun to my head I would take the Celtics.

I am playing the total though

o188.5 Celtics v Magic (2)

The Magic have to push the ball in this series to be successful IMO, the Bulls have laid out the blue print for them in the first round. The Magic had to settle with the half court game against the Sixers because pushing the tempo against them played into the Sixers strength. And Game 1 is the perfect scenario for them to do that as the Celtics are coming off a gruelling series against the Bulls.

We all know defensively the Celtics are not the same team without KG and are more susceptible to the dribble penetration as a result.

good luck

Cavs v Hawks

Nov 22 Cavs 110 Hawks 96 (Cavs/OVER)
Dec 13 Hawks 97 Cavs 92 (Hawks/OVER)
Mar 1 Hawks 87 Cavs 88 (Hawks/UNDER)
Mar 22 Cavs 102 Hawks 96 (Hawks/OVER)

Skipping ahead to Tuesday firstly, the Hawks have been Jekyll and Hyde so far these playoffs. One thing I have learnt when watching the Hawks/Heat series was that if you jump the Hawks early they have an inability to make a run to comeback. Cavs have too many big runs in them on offense for this not to happen, epecially at home.

Hawks don't match up well against the Cavs IMO:
*Hawks pick and roll D is atrocious, Varejao has developed his ability to roll into the paint allowing Lebron to find an open man. And you know he will always find that open man if need be.
*Mismatch between Bibby and Mo Williams - Bibby may have the playoff experience on his side but that is about it, Williams is quicker and far more athletic and is going to have a big series as a result. (for those into props get on some scoring options for him, he will average close to 20PPG IMO)
*Bench play - this is no contest, Hawks essentially run 7 deep whereas the Brown uses an 8 or 9 man rotation. The advantage is going to be highlighted even more given the fact that the Hawks are coming off a 7 game series whereas the Cavs are coming off 8 days rest.

Cavs will win in no more than 5 games, if they get that game 3 in Atlanta then it will be a wrap. I'll be betting Cavs 4-1 and 4-0 accordingly when the markets come out.

Game 1:

Cavs -11.5 over Hawks (4)

nice call roddy

Cavs in a diff league right now....

Game 2:

Celtics -4 over Magic (3)

Been pretty high on the Magic in this year's playoffs as I think they will go all the way to the ECF to play the Cavs and after Game 1 nothing really has changed my thought process with that respect. Unlike the Bulls I don't see them giving up HCA easily especially with Lee due to return for Game 3.

However with an element of the zig-zag I think this is one of 2 games the Celtics will win in this series, best spot for them to do it with the Magic doing what they had to do over this 2 game span in Boston by winning at least 1 game. Doubt the C's backcourt could play any worse than they did in game 1 with Allen and Rondo each going 2-12 and Pierce having an average shooting night at 7-18.

good luck

Somehow I wasn't one of the 4000 page views on this thing until now.

1. I should have bet more on the Cs.

2. Great call, Rod.

Game 2:

Not much as changed in my line of thinking in the Cavs/Hawks series i.e. Hawks continue to get pounded at the Q but will be competitive when the series moves to Atlanta. Game 1 once again showed like they did against the Heat in the first round that once the they go down by DD they are incapable of making a run and comeback. Whether that is through a lack of trying by simply mailing it in or mentally not have the ability to do so not sure but I found this quote interesting from JJ after the game:

"They did a great job defensively as far as double teaming and trying to keep the ball out of my hands," Johnson said. "I just thought in the second half, we just kind of gave up."

Cavs -12.5 over Hawks (3)

1-0 +2.7

Playoffs 12-12 +3.8 units

Both home results for the Cavs sets up the moneyline chase on the Shithawks in games 3 & 4 depending on JJ's status of course...

Good win.

Too many injuries for Hawks. Great HCA but simply no firepower unless they get some miraculous recoveries.

Game 3: Celtics @ Magic

The goal posts have changed in the Magic/Celtics game for tonight and perhaps even the series with the suspension of Alston. It's worrying because Alston is the quickest PG in this squad and now they have to turn to both AJ and Lue to cover for him and there is no way I see either of them keeping pace with Rondo the whole night.

Celtics +5 over Magic (3)

good luck

Back