predict/guess on which team ends the rockets long winning streak

the choices

a.) bobcats (march 14 friday)

b.) lakers (march 16 sunday)

c.) boston (march 18 tuesday)

d.) new orleans (march 19 wednesday)

e.) golden state (march 21 friday)

f.) phoenix (march 22 saturday)

g.) teams not mentioned in choices a to f.. name the date and team: ___________-_____________

h.) they sweep the rest of the season and lose their streak in the playoffs

i.) they sweep the rest of the season and playoffs and take home the championship

winners get

1.) none

looks like the rockets will be in a tough stretch next week, they will have 5 games in 7 days from sunday afternoon to saturday night, they start off with the lakers and end in phoenix, all the games will be against ranked playoff teams (as of now), looks like there will be a lot of tough spots for them

have fun picking the team that ends their streak :smiley_acbe:

just to breakdown their sched

a.)kitties- if they lose SU to the kitties, we might as well quit capping this season

b.)lakeshow- i agree w/ renew if the lakers lose, they end it on sunday

c.)celts- no doubt celts can do it, how motivated will they be, they dont have to win games anymore, rockets are tough at home but of course celts can beat em easily

d.)hornets- 3 games in 4 nights for the rockets and revenge game for the hornets, they lost by ten at the toyota center last week w/o west

e.)warriors- 3 games in 4 nights again when they go to oakland and run w/ the warriors, i think the rockets win this one if their streak hasnt ended, they are playing so well as a team and they will get open looks all game long in this game

f.) if their streak reaches this day, this is probably the day they lose, im not sure whether its nice to ride the suns train but the rockets will be playing their 5th game in 7 nights on the road, really a tough spot, they maybe even blown out in this game

if i had to guess when they lose the streak, it would be against the lakers if the lakers lose tonight, if not the celts would probably do it

It seems HOU is quite lucky right now.... They'll face the Lakers next (Gasol injured) and Boston next next (Ray Allen injured)... Is destiny on their side? LOL. Let's just wait on who on the hornets will get injured if HOU manages to win against those 2 games.

It seems HOU is quite lucky right now.... They'll face the Lakers next (Gasol injured) and Boston next next (Ray Allen injured)... Is destiny on their side? LOL. Let's just wait on who on the hornets will get injured if HOU manages to win against those 2 games.

D. West injured his right ankle today and he was limping pretty badly. This is NOT the same ankle as he injured earlier and caused him to miss 3 games.

I think the Lakers are going to be seen as a sexy pick to end this streak, even sans Gasol.

Lakers are 1-2 SU & 0-3 ATS last 3 (sole win against garbage Craptors).

Lakers are 2-5 ATS since their 13-1 ATS streak ended (thats not incl. a game vs Miami, any stat derived from that team's involvement is irrelevant).

Lakers 3-4-1 ATS last 8 on the road vs the West. 2 of the 3 wins came against teams without a prayer of making the playoffs, the other vs a malfunctioning Suns team.

IMO, Boston will likely lose to San An in San An the night before which would make them 0-5 SU & ATS vs Western teams w/playoff spot hopes since the ASB (DEN, GDS, PHX, UTH tonight, and SAS projected), and that that stat will have an undue influence, once it gets aired around, in making people think twice about whether the Celts will do it (once/if the Rocks take care of the Fakers). If, however, Boston beat the Spurs the night before, I'd say forget about it (being the Celts).

Well... now I am thinking New Orleans if D. West isn't hurt once again. If not then I'm thinking Phoenix, I think Phoenix wins that game no matter what actually just looking at the teams schedules

it's a shame, helluva win streak going but in the end, it's going to be another 1st Round Knockout for T-Mac.

The Warriors have the best chance because of contrasting styles of play, so if they control tempo they can get a W..........maybe the Hornets if we have an off shooting night because Chris Paul is that good........but they dont play as well in halfcourt set for a full 48 which Houston will make them play and no one on the Hornets is a matchup for Mcgrady

Back