Playoff Semifinal: Ohio State vs Clemson

I‘m proud to say that I learned to link from @B.A.R.

Anyways. This is a tough game I think because we‘ve seen OSU get tested. But when have we seen Clemson get tested? How can we possibly know how good Clemson is?

I do think it‘s fair to say that this is the toughest offensive test OSU will have had all year.

If you have a sub to the Athletic, there’s a really good film breakdown that was posted today

Also to note ....Public is also loving this over. But i think the under is the play here. Clemson and their undersized front will get gashed all night and i think Day will just lean on than run game. Barring turnovers in thinking Day slows this thing way down and relies on his d to get a few stops. I don't think Clemsons D will have many answers.

Ive went back and looked closely at clemsons games this season and one that caught my eye was how bad BC and their average offensive line won basically every assignment on standard run plays against Clemson. BC is awful at football, so all most saw was the final score but itll be interesting to see how much deer antler spray itll take to get this dline up 2 snuff. I'm sure Day has seen the Same film I have.

There is no way in hell Day wants this game to get into a shootout and give up his biggest advantages in this game. If you have a book that takes correlated parlays.... OSU and the Under is a solid parlay!!

Last edited:
Also to note ....Public is also loving this over. But i think the under is the play here. Clemson and their undersized front will get gashed all night and i think Day will just lean on than run game. Barring turnovers in thinking Day slows this thing way down and relies on his d to get a few stops. I don't think Clemsons D will have many answers.

Ive went back and looked closely at clemsons games this season and one that caught my eye was how bad BC and their average offensive line won basically every assignment on standard run plays against Clemson. BC is awful at football, so all most saw was the final score but itll be interesting to see how much deer antler spray itll take to get this dline up 2 snuff. I'm sure Day has seen the Same film I have.
I was at that game, and occasionally Clemson's safeties were just four yards off the LOS. On 1st-and-10.

I was at that game, and occasionally Clemson's safeties were just four yards off the LOS. On 1st-and-10.

I think we see osu linemen getting a huge push all game long. Clemson. Will get their scores early but can they maintain being body blowed for 4 quarters. This clemson team isnt ur older brothers and soon everyone will see what I'm shouting about.... And to the ones who said "nobody is saying clemson Will blow OSU out" it's the media narrative.... Just listen to every expert talk..... Its actually gross how far off they are from reality... Yet it has skewed public betting patterns as well. No way in hell OSU is a dog. My numbers have OSU as an 8 PT fav...OSU by 2 scores and barring injuries and God given turnovers. Its not really in doubt.

Trader joe-

BC has only 97yds rushing against Clemson- they didn’t bully the Clemson d-line at all- Wisky had 200yds rushing against your Buckeyes- did you watch either game?

Conch, Nebraska, Northwestern, Rutgers, Wisky, and Penn St all had more than 97 yds rushing against Ohio St- not sure what you were watching

It’s crazy to me how many people have turned on Ohio State because of one poor half of football. I’m not suggesting they will win the game, but so many people have changed their perspective because of that 30 minutes of football.

I will say, I was at the Big 10 championship game, and Fields was moving gingerly to say the least. Not that it was necessary to be at the game to see that, but I think it’s the biggest wildcard. Three weeks of rest will help, I’m just not totally confident it’s not a more severe injury that he’s trying to power through.

It’s crazy to me how many people have turned on Ohio State because of one poor half of football. I’m not suggesting they will win the game, but so many people have changed their perspective because of that 30 minutes of football.

I will say, I was at the Big 10 championship game, and Fields was moving gingerly to say the least. Not that it was necessary to be at the game to see that, but I think it’s the biggest wildcard. Three weeks of rest will help, I’m just not totally confident it’s not a more severe injury that he’s trying to power through.
Well another factor is going into that game they were playing Oklahoma and not Clemson. One bad half against a top 8 team determined that they would meet Clemson on the 28th instead of in January. I think that's the biggest thing. The narratives got shifted quickly.

Well another factor is going into that game they were playing Oklahoma and not Clemson. One bad half against a top 8 team determined that they would meet Clemson on the 28th instead of in January. I think that's the biggest thing. The narratives got shifted quickly.

How positive are you that an easy 38-14 osu win wouldn’t have resulted in the same 2 seed?

I’m not convinced.

How positive are you that an easy 38-14 osu win wouldn’t have resulted in the same 2 seed?

I’m not convinced.
I'm not positive but that's some pure bs.. just like LSU people thought it was bs when they got flipped. I dunno, you beat 3 top 15's to end the year while the other team played one worthy opponent (I don't want to hear about Tamu)... Well ..that's just wrong to lose your seed.

Reactions: RMR
I'm not positive but that's some pure bs.. just like LSU people thought it was bs when they got flipped. I dunno, you beat 3 top 15's to end the year while the other team played one worthy opponent (I don't want to hear about Tamu)... Well ..that's just wrong to lose your seed.

Agreed. Which is why II don’t think the first half really mattered. They had their objective well in place before that.

Last edited:
Just play this one live. So many unknowns - is fields healthy / is the step up in competition going to create value with Clemson dogged live early / can Clemson block OSU / can OSU cover Clemson / does OSU have anybody who can get open / can OSU run the ball. All of these questions have me guessing right now so I’m waiting.

Same schemes here as there were 4-5 years ago when Dabo ran away with a blowout win as an underdog, right?

Trader joe-

BC has only 97yds rushing against Clemson- they didn’t bully the Clemson d-line at all- Wisky had 200yds rushing against your Buckeyes- did you watch either game?

BC is a glorified MAC school and if you didnt see BC and their Oline dominating clemsons D line then you have in orange colored glasses on

Wisconsin is an actual football team. And yes Wisky ran the ball well in the first half of a game that none of those players wanted to play in. You as a gambler are well aware of what an awful spot that was for OSU (2 straight wins over top 15 teams one was a rivalry, then to have a rematch against another top 10 team) and then at halftime they decided to go ahead and smother them. Wisky is the second best team in the B1G and a top 10 program, BC is not in the top 50 and them boys were smacking the tigers around up front.

Do urself a favor and rewatch the first half of that game. In between BC throwing the ball to nobody, false starting, and forgetting how to play actual football, they actually sprinkled in some run plays. And damn near every one pushed that DLine backwards a few yards.

All I'm saying is that clemson has a weakness on the D line.... (And BV cant make those guys any bigger no matter how good of a coach he is) and nobody seems to want to acknowledge it. Ohio states biggest strength is their offensive line. Clemson has no clear advantage anywhere. Clemson has great skill guys. But osu has the top 2 dbs in the country. Clemson has a great QB But so does osu. Osu and their line advantage is a pretty big deal and Will most likely be the reason they pull away later in the game

There is no way in hell Day wants this game to get into a shootout and give up his biggest advantages in this game. If you have a book that takes correlated parlays.... OSU and the Under is a solid parlay!!

How is a game that is lined at 2 with a total in the 60s a “correlated” parlay? I don’t think that word means what you think it does.

How is a game that is lined at 2 with a total in the 60s a “correlated” parlay? I don’t think that word means what you think it does.

Same way osu is a virtual lock to win by 14 and gonna physically dominate Clemson. Not shocked we now calling that correlated which we all know in French means “what we think will happen”!!

No idea who will win this game, havent really seen Clemson at all. OSU really good but have showed chinks in armor to PSU and Wisky. I'll sit back with a Shiner and enjoy and root for Clemson.

Same way osu is a virtual lock to win by 14 and gonna physically dominate Clemson. Not shocked we now calling that correlated which we all know in French means “what we think will happen”!!

The best was “if you have a book that allows” a correlated parlay on the game. There isn’t a book out there that wouldn’t alllow you to parlay tOSU and the under...because it’s clealy not a correlated parlay.

No idea who will win this game, havent really seen Clemson at all. OSU really good but have showed chinks in armor to PSU and Wisky. I'll sit back with a Shiner and enjoy and root for Clemson.

Agreed. Should be a good one. I’m looking forward to this game most of all in the bowl season. 2 great teams, each with a couple of weaknesses (what team doesn’t have a couple/few), each have had great success in the recent past.

The best was “if you have a book that allows” a correlated parlay on the game. There isn’t a book out there that wouldn’t alllow you to parlay tOSU and the under...because it’s clealy not a correlated parlay.

Im sure they scared shitless. Nothing books fear more than fanboys w no perspective.

All I'm saying is that clemson has a weakness on the D line.... (And BV cant make those guys any bigger no matter how good of a coach he is) and nobody seems to want to acknowledge it. Ohio states biggest strength is their offensive line. Clemson has no clear advantage anywhere. Clemson has great skill guys. But osu has the top 2 dbs in the country. Clemson has a great QB But so does osu. Osu and their line advantage is a pretty big deal and Will most likely be the reason they pull away later in the game
Actually BV can make them bigger. He can move a former DT from the OL back to DT, for instance.

BC is a glorified MAC school and if you didnt see BC and their Oline dominating clemsons D line then you have in orange colored glasses on

Wisconsin is an actual football team. And yes Wisky ran the ball well in the first half of a game that none of those players wanted to play in. You as a gambler are well aware of what an awful spot that was for OSU (2 straight wins over top 15 teams one was a rivalry, then to have a rematch against another top 10 team) and then at halftime they decided to go ahead and smother them. Wisky is the second best team in the B1G and a top 10 program, BC is not in the top 50 and them boys were smacking the tigers around up front.

Do urself a favor and rewatch the first half of that game. In between BC throwing the ball to nobody, false starting, and forgetting how to play actual football, they actually sprinkled in some run plays. And damn near every one pushed that DLine backwards a few yards.

If BC had one strength it's definitely their run blocking ability. From a size perspective I would have to say they are as big as any team outside of Wisconsin or Alabama on the line.

They had 170 something yards for the entire game. Including garbage time!

Buckeyes fans certainly haven't

But I'm talking about the shorter term

He could move Cervenka over from LG, at least on a limited basis

Back