NFL Rumor Mill

The Giants might just be talking s**t to up the guy's trade value. Tough to walk back into that locker room after you left that team high and dry like that.

Good move for the Broncos with Nolan, I think.

And if the Chargers look to move LT I wouldn't be shocked. Sproles is probably not an every down guy, but you can draft a RB, LT's trade value would be pretty high and you would likely clear some cap space.
I heard they were looking at Michael Bush. As a converted charger fan that would be pretty fuckin sweet:cheers:

The Giants might just be talking s**t to up the guy's trade value. Tough to walk back into that locker room after you left that team high and dry like that.

Good move for the Broncos with Nolan, I think.

And if the Chargers look to move LT I wouldn't be shocked. Sproles is probably not an every down guy, but you can draft a RB, LT's trade value would be pretty high and you would likely clear some cap space.
That would be funny if they sent him to Atl to back up Michael Turner:36_11_6:

If I were the Giants, I'd make a serious attempt to bring back Jacobs, and Ward. The way Jacobs runs, he's going to get hurt quite often. But Jacobs needs to be the top player to bring back for NY. Then I'd shift focus to Amani Toomer - it's key we bring him back for another season or two. He's still a solid 2nd or 3rd option. Butler, Carney, McQuarters are several guys I let go.

I am so hoping that Kevin Gilbride, Giants offensive coordinator, gets the Oakland head coaching job. The guy is a complete moron, and at best an average offensive coordinator. So I am hoping he leaves.

Titans

If Collin's isnt a starter next year, he will retire

Giants

If Spagnuolo is named Coughlin's successor he would probably stay with the Giants
Manning wants Plax to come back

Browns

Could hire, offensive, defensive coordinators today

Jets

Ryan is probably the coach, Jets are just waiting till the Ravens lose

I am so hoping that Kevin Gilbride, Giants offensive coordinator, gets the Oakland head coaching job. The guy is a complete moron, and at best an average offensive coordinator. So I am hoping he leaves

As an Eagle fan, I hope he stays. And that Spagnolo leaves.

But I can understand why you'd hope for exactly the opposite.

=)

Giants

Giants should make Eli Manning a 100 million dollar man in the next few months, there is a good chance he might be the highest paid player in the NFL

Seems like a pretty likely scenario. In fact i dont think its a rumor, pretty much a fact. They are saying around a 120 million contract, but I can promise you this happens by September and he will without question be making 100 million +. I dont think its that ridiculous. But on the other hand, would he really leave if they offered him say...90 million? Think about this league and think about what happens when you dont have a good qaurterback. Nothing.

Cowboys

T.O. might get released (this won't happen)

Chargers

Rivers expected to get an extension

GRUDEN GONE!

Posted by Mike Florio on January 16, 2009, 5:56 p.m.
The city that will be hosting the Super Bowl in 16 days suddenly is in the market for a new head coach.
According to Adam Schefter of NFLN, the Buccaneers have fired head coach Jon Gruden.
(Maybe, in hindsight, he should have taken the Tennessee job.)
There had been some quiet speculation that something could happen in Tampa, but with nearly three weeks since the last game Gruden had seemed safe.
The timing of the move makes us wonder whether the Bucs quietly have lined up a successor, with speculation sure to center on a guy who took two weeks off after unexpectedly being fired two weeks and three days ago, former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.
Such a move would violate the Rooney Rule, which requires at least one minority candidate to be interviewed for each head-coaching vacancy. But if everyone involved is appropriately discreet, no one would have to know that someone like Shanahan already was lined up for the job.
It remains to be seen whether G.M. Bruce Allen stays or goes, since he was hired after Gruden arrived.
More to come, undoubtedly.

Steelers

Hines Ward says " I aint missin no Super bowl"...he will play

Chargers

Havent decided on LT

Rams

Interested in Kurt Warner...

Doubting these rumors more and more...think he finishes his career in AZ

Carolina

Peppers wants out of Carolina...possibility of the Bears?
Peppers cant be in a system thats not 4-3

Raiders

Gruden comin back? doubt it.

Jets

Ryan should be coach in the next 2 days

Cowboys

Supposedly will make a run at Ray Lewis to the tune of 3 years 27-30 million with 25 million guaranteed

49ers

Linehan turns down San Fran O. Coordinator job

Seahawks

Could make a run at Hayanesworth

Browns

Could name Kokinis GM by weeks end

Jets

Rex Ryan could bring in Ray Lewis

Kansas City

Chris Collinsworth believes O-coordinator Todd Haley will be the Chiefs head coach next year

Vikings

With stadium issue's going on in Minny, the Vikings could be the team that moves to LA.

Carolina

Peppers isnt out of Carolina for sure

Miami

Channing Crowder will test the FA market

Cowboys

Owens wont be traded

Last edited:
Chiefs

Haley will probably be the next coach

San Fran/Oakland

Might be sharing a stadium in Santa Clara

Ravens

Suggs suggests that himself, Scott and Lewis all take discounts so they can stay together. I dont think thats likely, I say 2 of the 3 go. If they are lucky to keep 2

Seahawks

Interested in TJ Houz

Raiders

They have a plan

Ravens

Suggs suggests that himself, Scott and Lewis all take discounts so they can stay together. I dont think thats likely, I say 2 of the 3 go. If they are lucky to keep 2

Seahawks

Interested in TJ Houz

Raiders

They have a plan

Chiefs are 30 million under the cap.............praying that they make a run at Suggs.

Cardinals

Kurt Warner's agent said he will shop around in the offseason to see what teams are interested

Larry Fitzgerald, the most professional athlete in the game, has offered to restructure his contract this offseason in order to keep Boldin - WOW. You see this coming from guys who are 10 seasons into a league, gotta give Larry credit where its due

Ravens

Looking on getting Boldin if the opportunity rises

Giants

Toomer wont be back

Steelers

Dick L. Is staying!

Vikings

Peter Kings obsession with Brett has no limits. He officially starts the more then likely BS rumor that Brett wants to go to Minny.

With stadium issue's going on in Minny, the Vikings could be the team that moves to LA.

LA's nowhere near ready with a stadium.

I want to see Boldin come to Philly just like so many want him to come to their team, but I don't think he's going anywhere--unless somebody's willing to give up something significant for him.

The Cardinals can afford to keep him, but they've got enough at WR that they could trade him. Problem is, Jerry Jones stupidly set the market pretty high for WRs with the Roy Williams deal. So now AZ may not get what they want/nobody may pony up because they don't think they can give enough.

Yeah...i cant see anyone giving up a 1, a 3 and a 5 for Boldin

And if the Cards hold out for that, hes not going anywhere

Only WRs available this year that are any good are Housh and to a lesser extent, Antonio Bryant...

Boldins rumored to be out there, but with the Cards getting to the Super Bowl, who knows?

As for the Eagles, I think their best (only) chance to upgrade their receiving corps might be through the tight end position...they tried to get Winslow and Gonzalez at the deadline remember....

The Eagles will do nothing at WR this offseason, I can almost guarantee it. They also likely won't do anything at TE other than letting Smith go. Although I suppose I could potentially see them drafting a TE.

I'd like to see them get Housh if they could, but they won't make the effort.

I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but the Birds have two first rounders this year, one of which I think we all know they'll use on the O-line. What they do with that second one will be very interesting, Mel Kiper has them going after Beanie Wells. I personally think they might go secondary if a talent is there for the taking. But the way Andy is he might use both on O-line, who knows--or trade up for another Shawn Andrews kind of move.

In an unrelated story, the smartest thing the Browns could do right now is get rid of Stallworth and put someone in a car this afternoon to go pick up Mike Furrey from Detroit.

They probably won't, but they should.

Worst team in football hands down and will always be.

At least detroit has a little bit of young talent mixed in there with calvin johnson and kevin smith........

oaktown has jamarcus russel aka mike vick:36_11_6:

Not sure how Russel and Vick are even comparable other then their black
Im pretty sure Vick ran and Russel has a cannon

Eagles

Dawkins wants to return to the Eagles

Bears

Would be willing to give Warner a contract of 2 to 3 years
Simms is another option

Titans

Haynesworth is not giving the Titans a hometown discount

Simms is another option

That poor, poor team.

Although, if you can't learn your lesson signing Brian Griese, I can't have too much sympathy for you.

Joe - is there any chance Braylon Edwards is on the block?

I know he voiced some displeasure during the season and I cant imagine they were happy with all his drops...

but that being said if they get rid of him, theyre insane

But if im the Eagles, im calling and offering one of my ones...

Not sure how Russel and Vick are even comparable other then their black
Im pretty sure Vick ran and Russel has a cannon

Eagles

Dawkins wants to return to the Eagles

Bears

Would be willing to give Warner a contract of 2 to 3 years
Simms is another option

Titans

Haynesworth is not giving the Titans a hometown discount

:cheers: Cap's comment on JRuss was particularly ignorant...showing his NFL IQ....:shake:

Worst team in football hands down and will always be.

At least detroit has a little bit of young talent mixed in there with calvin johnson and kevin smith........

oaktown has jamarcus russel aka mike vick:36_11_6:

By the way I couldnt disagree with this anymore. The Lions are completely fucked. Johnson and Smith are great but the buck really stops there. I think the Raiders have some pretty decent players. I cant say I know whether Russel will be good or not. But they have Mcfadden, they have Fargas. Even though it was against KC, Mcfadden had 170 or so yards in a game. The defense really isnt that bad. I think they have the players not to go far but do better right now, especially the secondary. Ownership and coaching is the problem. While the Lions, ownership, coaching, and players for the most part are the problem

The Raiders should have the easiest path to being at least mediocre. They have all the talent they need for a decent running game. They just need to be taught a decent blocking scheme and they should be able to stay in games.

Problem is, that's not Al Davis' style.

Meanwhile, Megatron is a stud and I wish, wish, wish he'd land in Philly, but outside of him that team's got basically nothing. But they seem to be willing to put the team in the hands of whatever coach they choose, and that's the only way you really start turning things around.

Thatd be pretty sweet

If we had a legit number one we'd have an exceptional offense. But we don't so we, well, don't.

This draft is going to be extremely interesting from a Birds' perspective. It would really help to have a good one--as it always would, but given where the O-line is and where B-Dawk is in his career (as well as Westbrook, really), a good draft here could keep this team stacked for years to come, especially with two first rounders.

A bad draft, though, could start/continue the slide the wrong way.

my confidence in Reids drafting ability is not exactly the highest thing in the world

I think its a foregone conclusion they go OT with one of the 1st rounders

Ideally, theyd trade the other for a WR, but we know thats not happening so they either go TE, DE or RB

Theres no safeties out there worth taking in the 1st round IMO

i do think they take a serious look at running backs though...its a deep class there this year and i think you could get a stud in the end of the 1st round

I think its a foregone conclusion they go OT with one of the 1st rounders

I think you and I and everyone in Philly would bet it if we could.

Part of me thinks they might go best available player with the other one. If they went TE--and he was a good one--it could be a good thing. Trading it for Boldin could be good, too, but it won't happen.

And if we could end up, somehow, with a replacement for B-Dawk to slowly transition to, that would make me very happy. I'm not sure much of any of that happens, though.

i do think they take a serious look at running backs though...its a deep class there this year and i think you could get a stud in the end of the 1st round

That's sort of what I'm thinking about best available. If Beanie is there or something like that they might just do it. Problem with that is, the way the offense is run it's like the Rams ending up with Steven Jackson at the end of Marshall Faulk's career. You're either one or the other philosophically.

im just not impressed with the safeties this year

i think you wait till next year and hope you can get mays or the kid from va tech (both of which i have no idea why they went back to school because theyd be first round locks this year)

hey guys, just wondering what its like to care about pro football. I'm a 21 year old Lions fan and would love an opportunity to care about the NFL outside of fantasy football. It really seems like a great league and I hope one day we (the Lions and I) can give it a shot.
Thanks
orangemonk

"In an unrelated story, the smartest thing the Browns could do right now is get rid of Stallworth and put someone in a car this afternoon to go pick up Mike Furrey from Detroit"

damn right ...ohio guy and a former buckeye. i'd love to have him...

prob won't happen, but i'd like the browns to make a push for toomer.

smokedawg, i'd take a 1st round pick in less than a second for braylon. i have no idea why you'd want him. he is the most selfish guy i've ever seen---i mean the guy showed up on television in a buckeyes shirt because of his displeasure about some stupid fuckin michigan issue and he talked shit publicly about the fans in cleveland that he plays for. guy has a 2:1 catch to drop ratio, has no perseverance, no mental toughness, no clutch, is a pussy over the middle, doesn't fight for the ball to avoid ints, points the finger, showboats when losing, parties late into the night the day before games. he was SINGLE-handedly to blame for at the very least 2 losses. immature, overrated, selfish, shit-stirring dickhead who doesn't know how to win anything except for individual awards. he's very very good at getting open and catching jump balls in the endzone. that's where it ends.

Good enough for me!

Let me know where hes at and Ill drive over and pick him up right now...

does no good for you to be open if for every 3 catchable balls thrown to you, you let one opportunity slip through your fingers. or i should say bounce off your fingers

Back