NFL Rumor Mill

Cutler has also f**ked the Broncos by being such a b*tch about this whole thing. Who really wants to trade for a complaining whiner?

:shake:

We already went the drama-queen route last year with favre.

Definitely not going back to that well.

Cutler has also f**ked the Broncos by being such a b*tch about this whole thing. Who really wants to trade for a complaining whiner?

That whole thing still continues to blow me away. How somebody so incredibly stupid could be paid so much . . .

Sad to say I think Cutler leaving is good for the Broncos.

He has a good arm but he is borderline retarded.

I remember the game the Broncos lost to the Raiders last year in Denver, at the end of the 1st half the Denver kicker missed I think a 40 yard field goal and Cutler went over and started screaming at him.

He may go to multiple pro bowls and make the playoffs a couple times but he is the furthest thing from a leader and will never win a Super Bowl.

I hope him and the Broncos work it out.:36_11_6:

At this point I think you're right. In the beginning this was just sort of funny and you waited for him to take the panties out of his ass and start learning the new offense.

But now he just won't get over it and he should probably move on.

That said, I think McDaniels f**ked this whole thing up from day one. Notice the arrogance associated with NE coaches, Weis, Mangini, now McDaniels. There are probably well over a dozen teams that would be extremely happy to have Jay Cutler and this guy could give two s**ts before he even gets in the door.

You better hope you get something good for him if you're a Bronco fan, either way, you're probably looking at Jeff Garcia or Byron Leftwich for two years.

At this point I think you're right. In the beginning this was just sort of funny and you waited for him to take the panties out of his ass and start learning the new offense.

But now he just won't get over it and he should probably move on.

That said, I think McDaniels f**ked this whole thing up from day one. Notice the arrogance associated with NE coaches, Weis, Mangini, now McDaniels. There are probably well over a dozen teams that would be extremely happy to have Jay Cutler and this guy could give two s**ts before he even gets in the door.

You better hope you get something good for him if you're a Bronco fan, either way, you're probably looking at Jeff Garcia or Byron Leftwich for two years.

Most of the 20-something posters have probably forgotten Bill Belichick's Cleveland debacle...Crennel, Weis, Mangina, McDaniels all have failed as HCs or seem to be heading that way:

Bill Belichick

From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland he compiled a 36–44 record, leading the team to its most recent playoff game win in 1994. In Belichick's last season in Cleveland the Browns finished 5–11. In November of that year Browns owner Art Modell announced he would move the team to Baltimore after the season. Belichick was fired early in February 1996.<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2]

It's so fun to watch Dungver self-destruct...

</sup>
Cutler and McDaniels had vastly differing views about their Saturday meeting intended to deal with the fallout of the Broncos engaging in trade discussions about quarterback Matt Cassel.
“I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco,” Cutler told ESPN.com. “We weren’t in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I’m concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy.
“He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn’t sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he’ll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.”
From his standpoint, Cutler said he felt like it’s clear he’s unwanted by Broncos management.
“At the end of the meeting, he wasn’t like, ‘Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you’re our guy,’” Cutler said. “It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can’t work this out, to let him know. I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco.
“Really, I figured we’d hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened was the last thing I expected. If I didn’t think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and [Cutler’s agent, Bus Cook] it’s not something they want to fix.”
Cutler also said that he felt like he could no longer trust McDaniels since, at first, the coach told him that he didn’t try to trade for Cassel, who was ultimately traded from the New England Patriots to the Kansas City Chiefs, only to later acknowledge that actually was the case.

:36_11_6:

Last edited:
dont discount the chance that he could just be a complete fucking idiot

JAGUARS RELEASE MATT JONES

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2009, 10:49 a.m.
The Jacksonville Jaguars have given receiver Matt Jones plenty of chances to live up to the hype that made the converted quarterback a first-round draft pick nearly four years ago.
Apparently, drinking beer while golfing was the last straw.
According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, the Jaguars have released Jones, two days after he was released from jail.
Jones was jailed for five days after testing positive for alcohol as part of the diversion program that allowed him to avoid felony cocaine possession charges.
It’s fitting that Mort would report what could be the final bit of news regarding Jones’ NFL career, given that Mortensen gushed in March 2005 regarding the player’s potential.
Said Mortensen at the time: “Matt Jones won’t be among the top 10 players selected in the April 23-24 draft, but I will venture to say that he’ll play in more Pro Bowls than almost any of those guys. And I will laugh, knowing I told you so.”
For the record, Jones has played in, um, zero Pro Bowls.

For the record, Chris Mortensen is also an IDIOT...

Report: Patriots target Peppers

< Back to Front Page Text size +

Report: Patriots target Peppers

Email|Link|Comments (69) Posted by Chad Finn, Globe Staff March 16, 2009 03:15 PM
Julius Peppers, outside linebacker, New England Patriots?
<TABLE width=250 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD>
peppers225.jpg

Julius Peppers (Streeter Lecka / Getty Images)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Turns out it's more than just daydream for creative-minded Patriots fans. According to a report by NFL.com's Vic Carucci this afternoon, there's a good possibility it will become reality before the NFL Draft in April.
Writes Carucci:

The trade that sent Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel to the Kansas City Chiefs appears to be only the first phase of some major wheeling and dealing by the New England Patriots this offseason.
The second phase, NFL sources say, is likely to involve a trade that would send . . . Peppers to the Patriots in exchange for the second-round pick (34th overall) they received from the Chiefs Feb. 28.
According to league sources, the Patriots and Panthers are hoping to complete the deal at some point between the March 22-25 NFL owners meetings and the start of the draft on April 25.​

Carucci's report is the first serious indication that the Patriots are interested in Peppers, a four-time Pro Bowl selection who has said repeatedly this offseason that he hopes to leave the Panthers to play linebacker for a team that features a 3-4 defense. He plays defensive end in the Panthers' 4-3 scheme.
Peppers turned down a lucrative contract extension before last season. The Panthers put the franchise tag on him Feb. 19, assuring him of a one-year contract worth $16.68 million, but he remains adamant that he wants to continue his career elsewhere.
It was reported last month that there were four teams he would agree to be traded to. The Patriots are believed to be the only AFC team on that list.
"Julius is firm in his decision that he needs a change," Carl Carey, Peppers's agent, said in January. "He feels that he can thrive in another system. While he has been selected to four Pro Bowls and designated as an All-Pro during his career, he feels that he has yet to develop to his full potential. This is the case of a great player who seeks to become an elite one."
Peppers was the No. 2 overall pick in the 2002 draft out of North Carolina, where the remarkably athletic 6-foot-7-inch, 283-pounder also was a standout on the Tar Heels' basketball team. The 27-year-old is the Panthers' career sacks leader, but he has not always been consistent -- he had 14½ sacks in 2008, but just 2½ the previous season.
According to Carucci's source, Peppers's struggles two years ago were a direct result of his unhappiness with his contract, and the source suggested that in some ways he may not be the best fit in New England.

"This is a guy who totally went on strike two years ago because he wasn't happy with his contract," the player personnel source said. "He's also very long [in the torso], which is not ideal for a 3-4 outside linebacker. And he can't drop into coverage. He's very stiff.
"But one of the things [the Patriots] are looking at is the fact that, in passing situations, they can have Peppers up front with [Richard] Seymour and [Jarvis] Green. That makes it easier for them to take [nose tackle Vince] Wilfork out of the game in [passing situations] and just play him on running downs."​

Carucci also reports that NFL sources told him the Panthers are happy to get a second-round pick for Peppers, in part because it is less expensive than signing a first-rounder.
That is telling in this sense: If the Patriots' interest in Peppers was serious before they traded Matt Cassel to the Chiefs for the 34th pick in this year's draft, it could go a long way toward explaining why they didn't hold out for a first-rounder in exchange for the quarterback.
Chris Forsberg of the Globe staff contributed to this report.

sign him to an extension, spread the money over a few years, also some guys will restructure their contracts.

They also cleared a bunch of room getting Cassel off the books. Odd, you wouldn't think this story makes me more bothered by the Eagles' offseason, but it does.

I have a feeling Steelers will have Harrison play out this year under his original contract (1.5 M ) then franchise next year ...So he won t be a free agent until he`s 33...Then we sign him cheap 2 years 12 mil or let him go ...I like the guy but not for 5 years 30 guarantee or whatever he looking for...We have Woodley and Timmons who will need to be resigned and they are much younger

Personally I hate it. I'm not sure there was a change they could have made that I'd like. The Lions have/had such a stable look that I can't imagine them wearing anything else.

The new logo looks too AFLish for my taste. I wish they would have gone to a more modern version of this: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=472
Posted by: kristalrhea
January 30, 2009 - 09:21

Looks like Napoleon Dynamite drew this! lol

I found something way better for the Lions on the Chris Creamer sports logo board. It's fresh but it doesn't destroy their identity like the logo in this post.
lions-logosheet.png

lions-style-guide.png

Jets

Say they want Jay Cutler

Lions

Already started talking to their #1 pick about a contract (havent said who it is)

Cowboys

Wanna trade Bobby carpenter

Browns

Some feel in the organizaton that they should trade Brady Quinn

Raiders

Toomer

Jets

Say they want Jay Cutler

Lions

Already started talking to their #1 pick about a contract (havent said who it is)

Cowboys

Browns

Raiders

Toomer could

Jets

Say they want Jay Cutler

Lions

Cowboys

Browns

Raiders

Toomer could be

Jets

Say they want Jay Cutler

Lions

Cowboys

Browns

Raiders

Toomer could be going

:shake:

We already went the drama-queen route last year with favre.

Definitely not going back to that well.

JETS WANT CUTLER

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2009, 8:25 a.m.
A year after acquiring via trade a high-profile quarterback represented by an agent who helped instigate said high-profile quarterback’s divorce from his prior team, the New York <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_41_0">Jets </nobr>are interested in acquiring a high-profile quarterback represented by an agent who helped instigate said high-profile quarterback’s divorce from his prior team.
According to Gary Myers of the New York Daily News, the Jets are interested in Broncos quarterback Jay <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_44_0">Cutler</nobr>.
Specifically. Myers reports that Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum has informed the Broncos that, if/when they decide to move Cutler, the Jets want in on the action.
The news is hardly shocking. The Jets have a bare cupboard at quarterback, after essentially trading Brett Favre for Chad Pennington a year ago. The only viable in-house option is Kellen Clemens, and if he were any good, they Jets wouldn’t have felt compelled to get Favre in 2008.
Coincidentally, Favre and Cutler are represented by the same agent — Bus Cook.
The other problem for Tannenbaum is that, as he continues to acquire veteran talent, the team has a vacuum at the most important position in what is and always will be a quarterback’s league.
So, if Tannenbaum intends on remaining with the Jets into the next decade, the team needs improved quarterback play, as soon as possible.
Short of getting luck with a Matt Ryan or a Joe Flacco, the Jets must find a guy who has shown he can get it done. And Cutler is the only one who might be available.

McDaniels, Cutler Continue Their Impasse

Posted by Mike Florio on March 29, 2009, 9:58 p.m.
A month into the nasty feud between Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and quarterback Jay Cutler, the two sides are no closer to a resolution.
McDaniels still wants a face-to-face meeting with Cutler — and without agent Bus Cook. Cutler has yet to show up for voluntary offseason workouts during which such a meeting might occur.
And Cutler has yet to rescind his request to be traded.
But there might be reason for optimism. According to the Denver Post, Cutler has been communicating with McDaniels via text message.
It’s not much progress, but every little bit counts. Not long ago, the report was that McDaniels had texted Cutler, and that Cutler had blown off his head coach.
In our view, the only chance for a reconciliation lies in a one-on-one meeting between quarterback and coach that results in a genuine breakthrough between the two men.
Or, alternatively, if the Broncos give Cutler a big-money contract.
We’re counting on neither at this point, but anything’s possible.

Jets fans I believe y'all will soon be able to get Cutler for a 4th rounder and a set of training wheels for Coach McDaniels new "big boy" bike.

Giants

NY released Plax because he wanted to be released...when the Giants and Plax couldnt agree on money he would have to give back because of suspensions he asked for a trade

Browns

Could still trade Brady Quinn, they nearly did trade him for Jay Cutler in a deal that would have involved the Redskins

Lions

Larry Foote wants to join the Lions

- im actually pretty dissapointed to see him go, he was the most underrated Steeler by far, but Timmons will probably be a better fit this year

Steelers

Met with Ashley Lelie

Browns

Drew Bennett visted the Browns today

Cheifs

Tony Gonzalez said that he is only on loan to ATL, he will retire as a Cheif

Titans

They signed Chris Mortensons son, Alex Mortenson, who is a QB. It scares me this made has offspring

Larry Foote wants to join the Lions

- im actually pretty dissapointed to see him go, he was the most underrated Steeler by far, but Timmons will probably be a better fit this year

I'd bring him into Cleveland in a second, by the way, if only to pick his brain in camp about the Steelers. But he'd probably make the team.

Drew Bennett visted the Browns today

Drew Bennett the receiver?

I don't even know where to go with that one.

Many around here think that was some of the thinking behind the Lions not filling that hole in the draft. Weird situation. It was said he was released. Then the Steelers said no he hadn't. Maybe in an attempt to muster a draft pick. Apparenly the Lions were rumored to have offered a 7th for him. Then he was released. Get him in here.

Yeah, it seems they were going to release him, then realized there was some value there and pulled him back off the table hoping nobody noticed that for a few seconds there they could have had him for free.

Giants

The Giants were going to trade the Lions for the 20th pick in order for them to get Jeremy Maclin. It was scrapped when the Eagles moved up

^^

I believe I also heard something like that in espn or NFL network... not sure how true it was. I think they probably took something small and made it a bigger story than it was.

these were some responses from Reese in a post draft interview:

Q: How close did you come to making a trade today?

A: We didn’t come close at all. We talked about it a couple of times but again, to reach in the first round is just not the right thing for us to do. We don’t want to compromise the strength of our team by reaching for guys and reaching for need too early in the first round. I think you make mistakes when you do that. So we felt good about where we were at 29. We knew we would get a good player at 29. And we are very pleased with what we got.

Q: You said that you did not come close to a trade up. How about trading for a veteran in the last couple of days? Have you come close at all for that?

A: No.

Q: Are you still open to that?

A: I’m open to everything. We are always open. We will leave all of our options open, too.

Q: You mentioned you were worried that somebody would take him. Did that make you nervous?

A: It didn’t make us nervous. It was a concern that one of those guys could take him. But there were other names on the board that we liked at 29 as well. So we had four players right there that we were ready to pick. But these four guys were right together and we thought our best interest was to pick the receiver because they all had similar grades and we think this guy is talent.

Q: Is it fair to say he was the only receiver in the cluster of four?

A: He was the only receiver at that time, yes. Correct.

Q: How close did you come to trading down?

A: We didn’t come close to trading down.

Q: Or up?

A: Or up. Not really. We talked about it a little bit but we felt good about 29 – that we were going to get a good player. Again, we had four players – we could take either one of them and we would have been happy with them – the four players.

Good stuff Blitz, thanks

Falcons

Bennett worked out for them today

Saints

Have reached agreement to stay in city till 2025

Not for nothing, but every inch of that Reese interview is a lie.

I'm not singling him out, those are the lies every single GM will tell every single reporter after the draft.

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't have posted it, Blitz, just that I'd take that interview with every single piece of salt you can find.

well if you won't single him out, I will because Reese isn't 'every single GM' imo...

and for the record, it wasn't an interview, it was a post draft press conference.. just wanted to correct my earlier statement for whatever that's worth... not that it makes much difference...

anyway, I get what you're saying Joe and it would not make sense to say they were trying to trade up for a better player as it would only make the player they did pick (in this case Nicks) probably feel not very wanted by them...

thing is, the way he describes their approach and strategy towards the draft is pretty much how they have approached it the last few years since he's taken over as GM. When was the last time you saw the Giants make any kind of trades in the first round. Gotta go back to 04' I believe when they made a move for Eli. Even outside the first round, the Giants have not made many fancy moves/trades in the draft since Reese has been there. They usually stay disciplined and make the best with what they got. A boring, but effective approach. So what would really make you believe they wanted to jump up so badly for Maclin or whoever else in the 20th spot?

Look at all the smoke stories/rumors coming out about Braylon and Boldin... most of them were made bigger than what was actually going on.

I think the stories espn and NFLN come up with need to be taken with more salt than anything else sometimes. If I take Reeses' comments with salt Joe, It will just dissolve in the kool aid I'm drinking... hehe.

Vikings

NY Post writer Gary Myers believe Brett will be going to the Vikings, or all signs point to that.

If this happens, you can kill me :cheers:

Jets

Woody Johnson would be willing to sign Plax

Ravens

John Beck to join them

Back