NFL Rumor Mill

Braylon's not going anywhere and the Browns don't need Toomer.

The reason Furrey works is because of Braylon and, to a lesser extent, Winslow. A small, quick guy who runs good routes and has good hands will excel when you put him opposite a true number one like Braylon. It's the whole Wes Welker thing. Welker alone isn't scary, Welker on a team with Randy Moss is dangerous. It's why I want a true number one opposite Kevin Curtis in Philly.

But the Browns don't need Toomer simply because Joe J. should come back off injury and he's better than Toomer at his role in this offense. But Furrey would be a big pickup for the Browns, particularly if Joe J. isn't healthy or can't make it all the way back.

The reason I don't see the Eagles doing anything for a WR this offseason is because of Desean Jackson. They're going to convince themselves that his emergence is enough--and it may be if he continues to grow into a guy who's more than just fast. On the other side of that coin, however, is Avant who needs to continue to develop as Donovan's hands guy.

And why the hell they can't play jump ball with Baskett inside the 20 will be a mystery I may never be able to solve.

see i think this past year was an anomaly

its not like he has a long history of dropping balls...

...does he??

even the year he made the pro-bowl he dropped more than he should have...and a few clutch blatant drops stand out at michigan, but i can't remember how bad he was then because i was rooting against him. and this is with very conservative drop stats...i remember one game where he had at least 6 balls that he should have caught routinely and they only gave him two drops

i agree braylon isn't going anywhere joe p, and while i understand where you're coming from but absolutely disagree. first of all, i think it's very debatable that joe j would be better than toomer, whom i consider one of the most underrated wrs over the past several years, even if he was at full health. there's no way in hell that joe j can be counted on being a steady 2 receiver opposite braylon, (which he'll have to be because we all know how committed stallworthless is) and unfortunately i highly doubt he'll even make it through the year and end up retiring. i can't tell you how much i like your idea about furrey though. and i'm not really worried; that's the least of our problems as imo wr is the easiest unit to build---we could probably even find an underrated guy late in the draft like a brooks foster or a marko mitchell who can come in and contribute right away. i really thought hubbard would do better than he did.

i want to trade a couple slots down and still grab jenkins. i think we need to trade some of these guys off for picks. the draft is relatively deep at lb imo (i like jason phillips and jasper brinkley in the mid-later rounds, and i love cushing more than his usc counterpart--would be amazing if he was available in the 2nd), and i think we can fill a lot of our holes through the draft and free agency.

rambling a bit, but i would really like our defense to add jenkins and cushing, i'd really like to stockpile picks, and some of the free agents i'd be interested in include toomer, maurice morris, eric barton, although very unlikely--obviously either two of the ravens lbs, jonathan babineaux, and asomugha (although he's pretty much going to stay a raider---which is why i want jenkins). safety is a big concern for me. poole is good at times, but just so inconsistent, and i think sean jones is one of the most overrated players i've ever seen, and i really hope he goes. and there's just no safeties i like in the draft or in free agency. damn carroll for convincing mays to stay...that's who i really wanted.

just my .02...don't even know how possible any of the free agents are, didn't see what type of free agent they are or if they've been tagged, etc just saw a list and those who i'd like to snatch up.

hey guys, just wondering what its like to care about pro football. I'm a 33 year old Lions fan and would love an opportunity to care about the NFL outside of fantasy football. It really seems like a great league and I hope one day we (the Lions and I) can give it a shot.
Thanks
jk16

:cheers:

Patriots

If the Patriots apply the franchise tag on Cassel, you can expect for them to get a lot of offers. The leading nominee is probably Kansas City

Cardinals

Speculation about the Chiefs hiring Todd Haley after their great playoff r un might just be speculation. He doesn't seem very interested in going anywhere

The loss yesterday could fuel Kurt Warner's return to the Cards next year

Jets

Jets deny that they ever agreed to give Favre months to decide. Peter King, who is in my opinion a terrible reporter who would willingly suck Favre's cock reported in the Superbowl pregame show, that the Jets will give Brett months to make his decision, and that their is no rush at all. The team wants to know where Favre's decision is leaning towards by Feb. 18th (combine)

Eagles

Westbrook might need surgery

Giants

Jacobs wants to returns to the Giants, but he wants Plax to come back with him

I think it's a foregone conclusion that Westbrook actually has knee surgery. I'm not sure how serious it'll be, though.

BroadwayJoe, I hear you about Joe J. That's actually one of the reasons I want Furrey, because I don't think Joe J. can ever be a number two again. I also, however, don't think Toomer can either also because of health. I think you're going to see Toomer decline sharply going forward because of his health. I think you count on Joe J. as a number three--and a great number three, a great possession guy, but only if he's healthy.

I think in the meantime you're looking at Cribbs as your number two, mostly by default and if you put him out there as a two it's in part just because he can do so many things other than simply run patterns.

I would also like to see them spread the field a little more, particularly if they could bring in one more WR, but I agree with you, that's probably the easiest thing to fix. Oh, and I'm still bitter about not getting rid of DA. But I'm trying to let that go.

Where I also agree with you is in that I would like to see Mangini take a page from his Patriot days and draft for depth. Yeah, there are places we need some help, but you're right, the draft is deep at LB, we can get one somewhere. But given how punishing the AFC North is, what we really need is to be ridiculously deep and this draft could really help that.

And, people can say what they want about Savage, but this new regime has some pretty big draft shoes to fill.

eagles should sign jacobs

We should sign him and sit him, just to piss Giants fans off.

Oh, all right, we can run him on third and short. Occasionally. After all, that is a passing down.

=)

Hey I didnt post this because its not a rumor, its just a fact. If you guys though the Steelers O-line was garbage this year. Man oh fucking man, are they FUCKED next year. Two starting lineman and two back up lineman are free agents in one form or another. It might be ugly next year unless we draft someone or somehow hang on to Starks

I think that was one of the most impressive things about the Steelers' run, actually, was that their line was very makeshift this year--or at least, that's how it was advertised. Oddly enough, the exact same thing was said about the Giants' line last year.

Consistency on an O-line is something that can sort of make or break you.

Oh, speaking of that, I'm pretty sure Jon Runyan had knee surgery already this offseason.

eagles should sign jacobs

We should sign him and sit him, just to piss Giants fans off.

Oh, all right, we can run him on third and short. Occasionally. After all, that is a passing down.

=)

no team would be stupid enough to keep him on the bench...

and yes, it would definitely piss us off if you took him... hell, just the thought of imagining him in Eagles green is getting me riled up..
icon8.gif

theres about as much chance of them signing jacobs as them signing me

Never underestimate what a bong-boy can do for a professional football team, Smoke.

(That said, it's true, if the Eagles sign anybody other than one of their own players this year it will be a monumental shock.)

hahahaha

theres about as much chance of them signing jacobs as them signing me

I don't know or care what the odds or percentages are of Jacobs going to the Eagles... what I do know is you are batting 100% at getting people off our team... so cut the shit.. hehe.

Worst team in football hands down and will always be.

At least detroit has a little bit of young talent mixed in there with calvin johnson and kevin smith........

oaktown has jamarcus russel aka mike vick:36_11_6:

yet they always kick the jets ass :shake:

Titans

Albert Hayneswort is eyeing the ATL

Cardinals

Brenda Warner wants Kurt to retire so he can devote his time to his 7 kids and christ

Bears

Simeon Rice wants to come back, the Bears are a possibility

Brenda Warner wants Kurt to retire so he can devote his time to his 7 kids and christ

Like that guy can't spend more time with the Brady Bunch and the Jesus Brigade in two years when he's banked like another $12 million? Does she have any idea how much college tuition is these days?

Seriously, were I someone other than, you know, me I might say that Brenda needs to be slapped across the face with about nine inches of limp d*ck to shut her the f**k up.

man i have never seen this much aggression out of you JOE Public---

unreal you just let brenda have it, i wouldnt want her in front of you bro

Fuck Simeon Rice. I don't care if he went to HS here or not. We don't need another old slow d-end who gets no pressure at all on the qb.

Cardinals

Warner wants to retire a Cardinal

Titans

Albert Haynesworth isnt even close to an agreement

Chiefs

Larry Johnson wants out
So does Gonzalez (depending on coach)

Larry Johnson wants out
So does Gonzalez (depending on coach)

With the difference being Larry Johnson seems hell bent on burning that bridge in KC as fast as humanly possible.

i dunno about LJ...

I do, we don't want him.

His age doesn't matter, he was a product of a great line and a pro-bowl fullback in Tony Richardson. When those left, so did his production. He's also a cancer in the locker room.

In other words, he's got Dallas Cowboy written all over him.

i mean im totally biased

he was pretty much the only good thing i got to watch at school...

we were number 2 my freshman year...choked the season away at the end...sucked ass for two years...then LJ came along and gave us 2000 yards in my senior year...still think he got robbed of the heisman...Carson Palmer and Brad Banks can kiss my ass...LJ averaged over 8 ypc, gained 2000+ yards and sat out the second half of at least 4 games

now that i think about it....seeing as we were both seniors in 2003....im guessing hes probably the same age as me

:36_11_6:

i dont know if hes a cancer...might be good to have someone around here who calls it like it is...problem is I dont see him taking a reduced roll along side westbrook...and andy wouldnt use him anyway

isn't every player in the nfl a product of the system. didn't last year prove that to everyone once and for all?

in football more than any sport you trust the guy next to you or even further from the play to do his job not knowing if in fact he will. In turn your success/failure depends on him and the other 9 on the field more than just your own.

now that i think about it....seeing as we were both seniors in 2003....im guessing hes probably the same age as me

I had that experience recently when they were talking about how 'old' Kerry Collins was. Ack.

1. Westbrook's dramatically, titanically better.

2. Think of him as Ricky Watters only not as good or entertaining.

3. Andy wouldn't use him.

tj houshmandzadeh said today that he would like to play for philly and and that the game against philly he was auditioning for andy reid. as much as i'd like this move as an eagles fan i'd much rather have them sign jordan gross if he does become available.

Tj would be a good fit. You got Desean as your deep threat and TJ to do all the short to mid stuff underneath. How much is he asking tho?

Steelers

Expect James Harrison to get a large contract extension from the Steelers sometime this offseason

Ravens

Lewis wont give the Ravens a hometown discount

Chiefs

Gonzalez and LJ still wanna get the fuck out

Raiders

Russell might be facing ankle surgery

Cardinals

Karlos Dansby, who undeniably had a great game in the superbowl wants to play for a big market team...such as the Giants...he said "who wouldnt wanna play in New york?"

The Steelers and Cardinals might suffer that fate where they get their FAs plucked from them simply because they made the SB.

I heard Tom Cable on the radio today, he said he wants to focus on throwing the ball better, adding the vertical game back a bit. No wonder Al picked him. However he was quick to say he wasn't necessarily looking for "balance." Apparently he's not dumb enough to change their entire offense to pass-based seeing as how his talent is all run-based.

The Steelers and Cardinals might suffer that fate where they get their FAs plucked from them simply because they made the SB.

I heard Tom Cable on the radio today, he said he wants to focus on throwing the ball better, adding the vertical game back a bit. No wonder Al picked him. However he was quick to say he wasn't necessarily looking for "balance." Apparently he's not dumb enough to change their entire offense to pass-based seeing as how his talent is all run-based.

Steelers dont have that problem. None of the defense leaving which is incredible. A bunch of guys on the O-line are FA's but hopefully we draft one and sign a couple back. Pretty sure Nate Washington is also a RFA

Can't they lose Max Starks? I feel like, as you mentioned earlier, their O-line could really suffer this offseason.

If their defense will stay together, they need to draft at corner or look to a FA. That's what's killing them in my opinion. You know, as much as a SB winner can have problems.

Can't they lose Max Starks? I feel like, as you mentioned earlier, their O-line could really suffer this offseason.

If their defense will stay together, they need to draft at corner or look to a FA. That's what's killing them in my opinion. You know, as much as a SB winner can have problems.

draft a corner?

maybe

i think the obvious and blaring weakness is the o-line

thats interesting...he sucks now?

i thought he was a stud coming out of college...

ill take a flyer on him and see if he turns into something if no one else wants him...

Huff has been a massive bust, he started out as a Strong Safety and couldn't make a tackle to stop the run if his life depended on it. Then they bring in Gibril Wilson to play Strong Safety and move Huff to Free Safety so he can be a ballhawk like he was at USC and he got burnt all the time.

Back