NFL Rumor Mill

The reason I'd take a chance on him, and by that I mean bring him to camp and see what happens, is because you don't end up being a number one pick without some pretty significant athletic skill.

Maybe what he needed was a wake-up call. Some guys are just handed so much that they never really realize, 'holy s**t, I need to work for this or I'm going to be out on the street.'

Who knows what Huff's problem is, but I have trouble believing he's suddenly lost his raw talent. Now, maybe he's dumb as a rock, but I'd be interested to find out.

Cardinals

Boldin says that the relationship between himself and the Cardinals is beyond repair. He doesn't want to play for them next year. That sucks for him, and he could just not show up, but this guy is contracted with them next year and if they dont want to trade him, they dont have too. He explains that its not about the money, its about the principle. I think they probably did fuck over Boldin, but what the guy has got to realize. He is not the first, not the last, that got fucked over. The NFL is a big money business and im sure just about someone gets dicked in one or another by them every single day. Just business as they say.

Grimm might be promoted to the O-coordinator. Fading the Cardinals in the beginning of next season would be comparative to winning the powerball if this happened. Grimm is not meant to be in any big time job in the NFL and is pretty much an idiot

Raiders

Well, this story is interesting. Shane Lechler is a pro bowl punter and the Raiders arent going to tag him because they have to tag Asomugha. Chances of him resigning with the team ...probably none. Apparently teammate Terdell Sands punched him in the face on a flight back from a Denver game November 23rd. Sands is a 350 LB Offensive tackle...that sucks

Jets

Want answer from Brett in 10 days..

Bengals

TJ isnt totally ruling out the option of coming back but its pretty close to totally.

Funny how things change. I heard Michael Smith on ESPN mid-week saying Boldin's going to have to suck it up and come back because he's on the hook for two years.

Then tonight on the radio I hear John Clayton say they'll trade him. That they get it, he's unhappy and probably won't get happy, so they'll get what they can for him.

Honestly, I think that's smart. Not just because it could end up with him in Philly, but they have Fitz, they have Breston who's got good speed and good hands. That alongside Fitz is really enough to be a legit number two. Then they've got depth behind that, too.

Take a first round pick for him and stock up in other areas where you need help, like adding defensive depth.

brownies cut 7 players yesterday

gradkowski
dorsey
cousin
a kicker, a punter, and a utility backup ot

(not surprising)

antwan peek

( a bit surprising)

Raiders

Well, this story is interesting. Shane Lechler is a pro bowl punter and the Raiders arent going to tag him because they have to tag Asomugha. Chances of him resigning with the team ...probably none. Apparently teammate Terdell Sands punched him in the face on a flight back from a Denver game November 23rd. Sands is a 350 LB Offensive tackle...that sucks

Sands is a DT.

Dude gets paid good but cant even start games. He has flashes that he could be good mainly vs the chargers but raiders need to cut him already.

Also Raiders picked up QB gradkowski

Thank God the Browns finally got rid of Dorsey. His presence alone suggested bad things for that team.

John Clayton says look for Minnesota to make a run at Jeff Garcia, which I think would be remarkably smart.

And he says the team that's first in the running for Boldin . . . Philadelphia.

=)

Well, the Eagles are in a better position and if anything could ever motivate their cheap *sses, it's the thought of sleeping on this and watching him go to NY.

Oh, and for the record, that would truly be the worst case scenario. Because it would be like bringing back Toomer only 10 years younger and three times better. Then, especially if they brought back Plex and Jacobs back, that division would be over. The Eagles can't guard Plex now, put Boldin on that team and they put 27 on us easy. Frankly, no one in the East could match up with them with those three.

Now, I don't necessarily see Plex returning, but you want no part of Boldin & Jacobs twice a year.

I don't like that it'll likely cost us a number one and a number three. But so long as he stays healthy, I see a good three years of a high scoring offense. Maybe more.

We'd really have to be right on that O-line draft pick, though.

Cardinals

Talk with Warner to start soon

Chargers

Might Franchise tag Sproiles

Chiefs

Gonzalez apparently wouldnt have a problem staying in KC now....hm...

Texans

If the Texans dont sign Dunta Robinson soon, they would draft a defensive back and change up their entire strategy.

Vikings

were not moving

Bengals

Wont tag TJ

Giants

It looks like the Giants want Plax to come back (or guys on the team do), but Plax might not want too come back

Redskins

Wanna Keep Deangelo Hall

Steelers

sign RB/KR Stefan Logan from the CFL , Sproles type 5`8 speedster..Been

awhile since we had a good return man .

Giants

Franchise Brandon Jacobs ...man he would look good in Black and gold

So Mick Vick is still part of the Falcons? How would Chicago go about acquiring him?

How do trades in NFL work? Do the contracts have to equal? Because I think Vick has a real big contract.

No one's going to trade for Vick, his contract is too big right now. Atlanta's going to have to release him and take the cap hit.

I think you meant that for the NBA thread, EB.

Here's one though.

The Lions are looking to name their starter for next season at QB. That name is Daunte Culpepper.

I may actually laugh at that one for weeks.

Let me just say this, if Lefty, Culpepper and Warner all start next year, I might be able to put the kids I don't have through college by week 10.

No, they still may go QB, but he won't start immediately.

Not a rumor, but Marshawn Lynch got arrested on gun charges today.

just looking at how Goodell has worked with Pacman and Chris Henry that Marshawn Lynch might be in for an extended vacation come september/october

Titans

Say they can afford Albert

Carolina

If Peppers is Tagged he will ask the Panthers to trade him

Cardinals

A reporter for the Chicago Tribune thinks that the Bears should trade Urlacher for Boldin...hmm...

Cardinals

A reporter for the Chicago Tribune thinks that the Bears should trade Urlacher for Boldin...hmm...

^ Urlacher is overrated junk. No way Arizona is that dumb.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Why would the Cardinals trade for him anyway, why wouldn't they just re-sign Dansby. Dansby's good, LaBoy's all right. They're not bad at LB, they'd be smarter drafting someone young if they wanted to start playing with that. And I don't think that's what they look at first.

Local radio here says Eagles and the fucking GIANTS are in the mix for Boldin. Both teams will definitely fight harder to not allow the other to pick him up. I honestly think Zona restructures his deal and he AND Warner stay in Zona.

I rather see the Eagles go after TJ Hous if he becomes free. I know he's older, but we won't have to give up a draft pick. Plus, McNabb's window is just as short as TJ's. And that's our windown to win it all.

In other news, it seems Jordan Gross is a top target this year. Eagles fans want him, but I think the price will be high since he plays an important position.

Cardinals

^ Urlacher is overrated junk. No way Arizona is that dumb.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I've never seen a NFL player-to-player trade that significant.

I still believe Gross never hits the open market, but I've been wrong before.

If the Cards are smart they play the Giants against the Birds and get a sweet deal from one of 'em.

I go with Boldin if possible, he's 28 and in his prime, if Donovan's window is really only a couple of years (which I don't believe) Boldin and Desean could be a decent bridge to what comes next.

I still believe Gross never hits the open market, but I've been wrong before.

If the Cards are smart they play the Giants against the Birds and get a sweet deal from one of 'em.

I go with Boldin if possible, he's 28 and in his prime, if Donovan's window is really only a couple of years (which I don't believe) Boldin and Desean could be a decent bridge to what comes next.

But what do you give up? The Eagles have two #1's. Do you give both #1's? One #1? If so, which one? a 1st and 3rd? What's he worth compared to TJ?

Good argument, Alex. That trade makes an excellent point.

But what do you give up? The Eagles have two #1's. Do you give both #1's? One #1? If so, which one? a 1st and 3rd? What's he worth compared to TJ?

Me, personally, I give up one of the first rounders and a third. What I might do, is make that third next year and perhaps make it a conditional second. Meaning, based on performance/snaps, that thing gets bumped up to a second.

I like TJ but that guy in the Inquirer (?) made a good point about his numbers, and those were opposite Chad. But I would take him if we can't get Boldin, mostly it's his age that scares me.

I really do think Boldin is worth a one and a three--mostly and only because we have two number ones.

It is, however, a lot to give up.

Good argument, Alex. That trade makes an excellent point.

Me, personally, I give up one of the first rounders and a third. What I might do, is make that third next year and perhaps make it a conditional second. Meaning, based on performance/snaps, that thing gets bumped up to a second.

I like TJ but that guy in the Inquirer (?) made a good point about his numbers, and those were opposite Chad. But I would take him if we can't get Boldin, mostly it's his age that scares me.

I really do think Boldin is worth a one and a three--mostly and only because we have two number ones.

It is, however, a lot to give up.

I love Boldin. But, considering the Eagles history, do you see them giving up that much to acquire Boldin?

But, considering the Eagles history, do you see them giving up that much to acquire Boldin?

No, I don't, but there are two other factors here that make this particular time and place different.

First is the fact that Donovan's sitting down with the organization and given their run to the NFC Championship, I think he sort of has them by the nuts. Basically other than getting paid I think what he wants is to know they're committed to winning in the next couple of years. Since they can't guarantee they can give him a safety blanket like a young LJ Smith via the draft, I think they can assure him that they'll go after someone like Boldin (likewise Gonzo or TJ).

Second, the Giants are going after him, too. The Eagles have to know what Plex has done to them over the years. They have a hard enough time defending and beating them now, what happens if they lose Boldin to them, particularly in the near-term with Donovan under center.

Boldin automatically makes this team significantly better on offense. It also forces the rest of the division to react and because the Eagles just happen to be in a good situation with draft picks it could not only be a positive pickup but a negative one for the rest of the division forcing them to reach with draft pick choices, trades, or FA signings on lesser guys.

Back