NFL Offseason Discussion

I believe so but been wrong a lot

Have watched several of his games and think that yes, he's that good

I have watched most of his games since they are on TV a bit more here and I grew up watching NDSU in person as a kid. I think he's that good as well. He would start for most college teams in any division without question. To me, he seems a bit like Hogan from Stanford. Big, can move, but Wentz has a much bigger arm. I think mentally he's far more prepared than other QB's in this draft as well. He's not out there talking about how he wants to buy a panther. Nothing he says is about money. All he wants to do is play. He's also not arbitrarily trying to increase the size of his hands so he can get drafted higher. Frankly, I think he should be the #1 pick but never will be because who in their right mind is going to take someone from FCS #1 overall? If you miss, you are blackballed as a GM/coach for life.

Goddammit you had to compare him to Hogan?

most similarities IMO are around the mental game with some physical traits that are close. Hogan has nowhere close to the arm that Wentz has. He would've started over Hogan last year at Stanford, obviously.

I made the comparison because if I said Luck I would be laughed out of here haha. He's not Luck, but he's better than Hogan (might not be saying much tho).

I made the comparison because if I said Luck I would be laughed out of here haha. He's not Luck, but he's better than Hogan (might not be saying much tho).

No laughing from me other than the Hogan reference. Much closer to Luck in college than Hogan imo

Some good tweets:

1) If Wentz is this so-called pro-ready QB, why sit him in year 1?

2) Remember when Bortles was supposed to sit in year 1, and started after 4gms?

Not sure who is saying he's pro-ready to begin with, seems comments get misconstrued by fans. The biggest thing most everyone has talked about with Wentz is the weak competition he's faced and how that will translated to the pros.

Bortles' situation may have been different due to many factors...their QB situation at the time, the amount of progress he's shown, etc.

There isn't a cookie cutter to fit these QBs into, it's going to be different for all of them. If he's ready to play, then play him...but teams seem to get into trouble when they expect a guy to start right away and put blinders on as to whether or not he's ready.

A funny twist to this would be if the Browns draft Lynch, and he ends up being better than Goff and Wentz

This may very well have gone into the Browns thought process. If they didn't feel that any of the 3 big guys are can't miss guys, they acquired draft picks with the ability to still get someone they feel they can develop.

This may very well have gone into the Browns thought process. If they didn't feel that any of the 3 big guys are can't miss guys, they acquired draft picks with the ability to still get someone they feel they can develop.

This goes back to my point about taking an FCS QB #1 or #2. You get mocked if it doesn't work out even if it's not the QB's fault (and if he goes to the Browns and his name isn't Manziel then it's very likely not the QB's fault). Browns save face by trading down to the safer pick. Plus, they have so many holes. They need bodies.

Now, if Wentz is the second coming of Joe Namath then the Browns will surely catch hell for years. I like Wentz but so many QB's flame out it's hard to say how he'll do. As much as it is the player, the system he comes in to and the supporting cast are equally important.

Could be a great QB but still need the talent around him, remember that Tee Martin is the one that won a ship at Rocky Top, not noodle arm

Two teams have paid a lot for hope. To give up what they have they need to be certain they are the real deal, not hope they are the real deal.

Does anybody know what Philly reportedly considered offering the Titans last season? Is it more or less then what they just gave up?

Now, if Wentz is the second coming of Joe Namath then the Browns will surely catch hell for years.

You mean like when they drafted Charlie Frye and not Big Ben?

Does anybody know what Philly reportedly considered offering the Titans last season? Is it more or less then what they just gave up?

According to Chip Kelly:

It was just a really steep price. It was like driving into a nice neighborhood and looking at a house, and they tell you the price and you walk away. We didn’t walk in the front door and take a look around.

Also, fuck Chip Kelly for trying to destroy the franchise. That guy can fall face first in to a bag of dicks for all I care.

Same with rams trade

If qb turns out to be legit it's a great trade

Nice to see the rg3for13 Era is going to get a run in cleveland

If Carson Wentz is the second coming then why did it take him til his 4th year of college to become the starting QB ?

Reports say Bradford unhappy and will request a trade. Gotta think Eagles saw this coming. I don't buy their BS that "Sam is our starter." I still think he gets traded to Denver before the draft or on draft day.

I think Eagles would jump at any trade involving a Rd 2 pick for this year's draft. (They currently do not have a rd 2 pick).

Reports say Bradford unhappy and will request a trade. Gotta think Eagles saw this coming. I don't buy their BS that "Sam is our starter." I still think he gets traded to Denver before the draft or on draft day.

I think Eagles would jump at any trade involving a Rd 2 pick for this year's draft. (They currently do not have a rd 2 pick).

What are the Eagles supposed to say, we're so done with Bradford, why do we have this guy, mad props to wiseplayer?

Browns kind of said the same thing about the top two QB's in their presser. They were dogged for an answer as to basically whether they rated Goff or Wentz can't-miss, franchise players. Of course they don't, who needs one of those more than the Browns? Sashi said they'll be great. He's not going to say some draft prospect isn't good enough.

Please move Bradford for anything, give him up for a 7th rd pick in 2030. I don't care.
Start Daniel and let the young kid learn. Maybe the kid gets some starts late in the season.

And no one's giving up a 2nd-round pick for Bradford, please. What's the reasoning, third time's a charm and we have good trainers?

Who would trade even a 7th-round pick for Bradford? To start?? What's he make? He fits no team. You're stuck with him.

I love when fans think the least desirable player on their team is worth something in trade.

Who would trade even a 7th-round pick for Bradford? To start?? What's he make? He fits no team. You're stuck with him.
Tip, there are teams that think they can compete for playoffs without a QB?
denver needs one.. Jets.. I don't like Sam but he is better than Brian fucking Hoyer who Denver just brought in for a look

He's not a game manager, he's a game imploder. I don't know if NFL trades ever involve cash, but that's the only way he's traded. Cash and a 35-year-old fullback. Draft picks are too valuable. It would have to be like when the Indians paid off the Braves to take Swisher and Bourne last year. People thought it was a magic trick, Indians paid the freight.

I thought the Broncs signed the Sanchize. You want the champs to absorb all your problems?

Tip, it's funny you talking shit on Bradford lol well I guess you know bad qbs since u like the Browns

I'm a bad QB expert. He's bad, and no team wants to trade for him and absorb the contract for a crapped out 2X QB. He can find work, but the Eagles aren't getting squat for him. If they don't want him, who does? Release him.

He's a relatively young guy. The Eagles seem to think they're a young QB away. So much that they traded the early portion of two drafts to draft a young QB. But you want something in return for the handsomely paid young QB you don't want anymore? Even the Browns aren't that dumb.

Tip, do you not understand that some teams NEED a QB? Holy fuck

so you want to sign Hoyer or trade for Bradford?

What team is starting Hoyer over Bradford?

Do you not understand that with Bradford comes his ridiculous contract? Why do people rip on Chip for absorbing it, and do you think that happens again?

Tip, do you not understand that some teams NEED a QB? Holy fuck

so you want to sign Hoyer or trade for Bradford?

I can't believe you asked me, a Browns fan, whether I understand the importance of having a GOOD quarterback. I threw the good part in, I know that's what you meant about Bradford.

What team is starting Hoyer over Bradford?

Do you not understand that with Bradford comes his ridiculous contract? Why do people rip on Chip for absorbing it, and do you think that happens again?
It's really a one yr deal man
u can cut him next yr no hurt
i am sure a team thinking they are a QB away are interested?
he looks a hell of a lot better than what's left out there

Tell me a team that wants to give you a 7th rounder to pay Bradford a lot of money to start for one year in hopes of playoff glory, wine and women. I've already disagreed with the Broncos suggestion.

Tell me a team that wants to give you a 7th rounder to pay Bradford a lot of money to start for one year in hopes of playoff glory, wine and women. I've already disagreed with the Broncos suggestion.
Sure you disagreed but your not running a team lol
jets
niners

Eagles fans are something else. At least the Browns know when the show's over. It was a great day when they cut Manziel and I could stop listening to idiots looking for 2nd or 3rd rounders from Dallas or Houston.

Niners have a better QB than Bradford, and they probably don't consider themselves playoff contenders in the quiet darkness. That's like including the Browns. Good luck in fleecing the Jets, I'm sure they have less expensive and equally effective options.

Reports say Bradford unhappy and will request a trade.

Literally the best news I've heard today. Bradford can GTFO and take his Chip Kelly legacy with him.

Please move Bradford for anything, give him up for a 7th rd pick in 2030. I don't care.

COSIGN.

Here's the Eagles sales pitch:

"Jets, here."

"Do we have a deal for you."

"Let me guess, Bradford."

"You read our minds."

"Didn't you just bend over backwards and give up like 6 early draft picks over three years just to replace him? And doesn't he make a ton of money?"

"Yes."

Line goes dead.

Curtain.

Back