NFL Offseason Discussion

It's $12 million guaranteed over the next 2 years, which isn't much at all in the grand scheme of things. He is a backup, so that may be a bit more than they'd like to spend, but it seems they envision him competing for the starting gig. They essentially signed him for $7 million/year for the next 3 years, which is really cheap if he ends up playing some games and possibly starting.

His contract could be worth $36 million over 3 years if he's starting games. And if he's starting games, you have problems....

P unit,
U are always concerned about the eagles, u might as well become a fan bud...
Actually I would have been fine with signing Daniel and not signing Sam. Draft a Qb. Let Daniel start, knows Pederson's system and let the rookie learn.

His contract could be worth $36 million over 3 years if he's starting games. And if he's starting games, you have problems....

Well I'd imagine they feel as if he's starting games (multiple games so playing well enough) they'd be happy...unless it was something like an injury to Bradford and he's just thrown in there, which is always a possiblity. At that point, they're paying him $12 million/yr to start games, which is pretty cheap for QBs these days...even average QBs are getting 50% more per year.

Either way, the conversation just went from what his guaranteed money is (which isn't much for the next 2 years, the only guaranteed money), to hypotheticals where he's starting and they're paying him double of what the guaranteed money is.

P unit,
U are always concerned about the eagles, u might as well become a fan bud...
Actually I would have been fine with signing Daniel and not signing Sam. Draft a Qb. Let Daniel start, knows Pederson's system and let the rookie learn.
:tiphat:

my team has enough problems, bruh. misery loves company.

So what do the Broncos do if that happens?

King tweeted out that they should offer a 2nd and 4th to bengals for AJ. If I'm the Bengals I'm asking for at least a 1 to trade him to a conference team t

So what do the Broncos do if that happens?

King tweeted out that they should offer a 2nd and 4th to bengals for AJ. If I'm the Bengals I'm asking for at least a 1 to trade him to a conference team t

For sure at least a 1st round pick. At least. At that point, they have all of the leverage...accept what we're asking for or we'll keep our guy (who we like a lot).

They were bringing up trade scenarios on the local talk show this week with Denver and the Bills and they were saying they wouldn't even entertain an offer for Tyrod Taylor unless it was at least a 1st round pick. Not that he's worth it (he may be), but if a team is desperate and looking for a QB, you can ask for the world and see where it goes.

They literally lost their safety to the Jags and the guy said he did it because he wanted to go to a franchise that had a chance to win, so ...

That's pretty funny. In reality, they should check the dude for concussion symptoms and possibly even CTE at this point.

I talked to Joe Public Sr. today, noted Bronco fan, good guy, etc. He's selling the idea that most of the guys they lost they can actually replace—so long as they get some help along the OL.

But that QB situation ... I get why they let Brockwilder walk, apparently his cap number was going to be a disaster, but man, be careful what you wish for about giving up an NFL starter and thinking you'll just magically find one. It can be a long walk through the wilderness, just ask the Browns.

I talked to Joe Public Sr. today, noted Bronco fan, good guy, etc. He's selling the idea that most of the guys they lost they can actually replace—so long as they get some help along the OL.

But that QB situation ... I get why they let Brockwilder walk, apparently his cap number was going to be a disaster, but man, be careful what you wish for about giving up an NFL starter and thinking you'll just magically find one. It can be a long walk through the wilderness, just ask the Browns.

I dont know if Brock is that guy but that last part you hit the nail on the head

it took the Raiders something like 13 years from Gannon to Carr and the best guy in that 13 years might have been Aaron Brooks

the only thing that wouldnt make sense to me for the Broncos is Kaep

the coaches whole thing was going under center and running a power offense, he wouldnt even switch it for the sheriff until 3 months in to the season and then only for a few games

Kaep is basically a spread QB, seems like a horrible fit to me if true

Jets seem a much better fit

Chase Daniel is getting his Matt Flynn on. How much did he get to go to the Chefs before?

I actually think he is a pretty good QB tho......I thought he was gonna be the heir apparent down here..

Hahahahahahahahahaha. The Donks just traded a case of warm beer to the Birds for Sanchez.

It's a step in the right direction at least.

I'm a Browns fan and I could watch this all day. The reaction by the woman next to him his priceless.

[video]https://vine.co/v/iHr0MVuZPQ9[/video]

Martavis Bryant could be suspended for the full year for drugs. Man what a dumb ass. I guess the four game suspension wasn't enough last year.

Denver or the jets, well any QB needy team should make a play from Glennon from Tampa. Tampa is going to trade him. I was a Glennon hater for sure but he showed he can be more than serviceable. Pretty big arm. You can do a lot worse.
Denver could at least have a Qb competition with him and Sanny

Kaep can come to Cleveland all day and twice on Sunday. Preferably twice on Sunday, just in case he gets hurt the first time.

Personally I don't think he fits in Denver. I don't see him as a Kubiak QB. But beyond that, I heard a reporter on the radio today taking a shot at Skip Bayless—which, as you can imagine, is why I turned the volume up—about Bayless' lack of Donk (and general) knowledge. He mentioned how both Kubiak and Elway have a huge hard-on for this Trevor Siemian from Northwestern. Apparently they love this guy, but they want to see him compete for the job because, understandably, they're worried about just throwing him into the fire untested.

Now, some of that could be them leaking their love for a guy on their depth chart who happens to be cheap as shit. But that's not how I took it. I took it more as they really like this guy, but are scared because he's totally untested. Which also helps to explain why you bring in a guy like Sanchez. Sanchez will likely compete for the job, but let's be honest, if you're a starter in this league, you beat out Mark Sanchez for the job.

Everyone's being too hard on the Browns. Rebuilding is rebuilding. Explain the wisdom in overpaying your 3-13 veterans.

I scoff at whining about Alex Mack and Schwartz. 40% of the worst line in football. Mack has a bad stick. Schwartz's only gear is reverse. You want to make these guys the highest paid at their position? Browns can go 3-13 by accident.

I'd dump Thomas too.

I'm really tired about talking about the Browns great line that can't run block and gives up sacks.

Joe Thomas is the most overrated Brown in the last 20 years, which is a difficult list to crack, since not too many are rated.

I like Hue, and I think if anyone saves Kaep he could be the guy

I think he's a good coach and even without a ton of talent the offense will be good next year, but the rest of the front office needs to rebuild

when you have Schefty saying players view it like college, 4 and done, that's not a good sign

You know the theory about how humans do whatever they can to keep the next guy below them?

Well as an Eagles fan, the Browns are about all he has
Wait, there are a good handful of teams I can add there with the browns..
But yeah I pull for the lovable losers. I love to see an underdog story

I don't put a lot of stock in shefty, not as an analyst.

I sort of applaud Haslam for continuing to throw paint against the wall. I like this new moneyball idea. Don't overpay 30-year-old centers with broken legs,

hes not an analyst, he breaks stories

he obviously is hearing that from agents

In any event, I'm a fierce Browns critic, and I have no prob with their failure to retain 40% of the worst line I've ever seen, and a receiver that could hide behind a single blade of grass.

I honestly don't think I'm being too hard on the Browns. At this point, is it really even possible? They're working on a decade plus of failure with no legit hope of being good any time soon.

I hate to say that you have a point about Joe Thomas—about moving him, not about him being overrated—but at this point we might as well move him. The fish stinks from the head and this organization, as much as we want to love it, has had no fucking direction for years. From the Home of the Staph Infection to the exodus of players you're seeing today who cannot wait to GTFO of the building, I don't see how you can be too hard on this team.

I'm rooting for Jackson to succeed, frankly while I personally like Kaep, I don't know why you'd trade for him when you can just take Goff at #2 in the draft. Or maybe you take both.

But you're right, Tip, they're absolutely starting over—for the 157th time. So they might as well get to it, admit it, and enjoy their two win season next year. Which, by the way, at least if they admit it that buys Jackson like three years to try to build a program. If they pretend like they can turn this ship around in a season Jackson will be gone in 18 months and we'll be right back here having this same conversation.

Chandler Jones traded from NE to Arizona. Pats get OG Cooper and a 2nd round pick.

I honestly don't think I'm being too hard on the Browns. At this point, is it really even possible? They're working on a decade plus of failure with no legit hope of being good any time soon.

I hate to say that you have a point about Joe Thomas—about moving him, not about him being overrated—but at this point we might as well move him. The fish stinks from the head and this organization, as much as we want to love it, has had no fucking direction for years. From the Home of the Staph Infection to the exodus of players you're seeing today who cannot wait to GTFO of the building, I don't see how you can be too hard on this team.

I'm rooting for Jackson to succeed, frankly while I personally like Kaep, I don't know why you'd trade for him when you can just take Goff at #2 in the draft. Or maybe you take both.

But you're right, Tip, they're absolutely starting over—for the 157th time. So they might as well get to it, admit it, and enjoy their two win season next year. Which, by the way, at least if they admit it that buys Jackson like three years to try to build a program. If they pretend like they can turn this ship around in a season Jackson will be gone in 18 months and we'll be right back here having this same conversation.

Haslam has this terrible habit of pairing coaches, coordinators, and front office personnel who don't like each other. It's insane. I won't know until it plays out, but I fear he did it again. He hired an old school coach, first, then filled the front office with out-of-the-box bean counters. Hugh is unquestionably the football authority in the building, and that's a little scary.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to go off topic for the thread, but on topic for the Browns, to say fuck you, you miserable fuck, to Mike Holmgren, the all time laziest executive in sports. He hired Pat Shurmer, drafted Brady Quinn, Colt McCoy, and Brandon Weeden, and taunted the fans to not call him for playoff tickets once this thing turns around. Thanks for your expertise, you fucking obese carpet bagger. Guru my ass.

Can't pin Quinn on Holmgren, that was Phil Savage. Nevertheless, he was a failure. Did I mention Jake Delhomme or Seneca Wallace?

Back