NFL Offseason Discussion

do you think this was Bradford or his agent that came up with the idea to bitch and moan about Philly selecting a QB? Either way, big PR blunder on their part, lol

Children in sandboxes in backyards near the #Browns facility beware: RG3 has thrown 2 away over 16 foot fence into yards. Hit garage today

This may be my favorite tweet of the year.

1. Because you know Mary Kay isn't joking.
2. Because this is the state of the Browns QB situation.
3. Because it seems entirely plausible that the Browns are basically training in somebody's back yard.

"Hit garage today"

This is next level awesome.

Contract talks on "pause" with Von Miller. Bronco's offered him 114.5 milly with 39.8 guaranteed in the first 2 years and he said nope.

very possible twink

that division is pretty wide open, if Bortles takes a step

defense is adding basically two top 5 picks in Ramsey and Fowler (missed last year)

Indy still needs talent around Luck

Tenny a year or two away

Houston gonna have a great D but what can Brock be?

Cox woth all that money?

Eagles gonna be in the Saints position soon.....minus a Lombardi

Yes. I think he is better than Suh. His stats will really show on paper in Jim Schwartz's new system. Cox has been great, but his stats didn't always show on paper given the scheme. Also, Eagles have no problems with cap space right now. Bradford will be gone after this year, so after that they won't have any big money tied up in QB. They also don't have any big money tied up in the typical big money positions: CB, WR. They signed Lane Johnson (LT of the future) to a big, but pretty affordable deal. And he is in his prime, so that contract made sense.

Eagles are fine right now because they don't have a lot of aging players with bad contracts. Jason Peters is the only one. But he will be gone after this season.

Our GM, Howie Roseman, gets laughed a lot. But he is a cap wizard. This deal should pay off.

So Nick Foles got released today. Remember 2 years ago when a few guys thought he was gonna be great?

Has to say something about Chip Kelly too, based on the production he got from Foles as his starter.

So Nick Foles got released today. Remember 2 years ago when a few guys thought he was gonna be great?

Has to say something about Chip Kelly too, based on the production he got from Foles as his starter.

guilty as charged. i liked him a lot and thought he could be a decent NFL QB.

Having said that, im not ready to kill the guy for not succeeding in STL. Nobody succeeds there. He started off hot there and then by the end of his season you could see he had zero confidence and was making some of the worst throws I have ever seen. That is on him, but its an awful system, awful place for a QB. It would not surprise me if he ends up in Dallas or KC as a very high quality backup and i wouldnt be shocked if he ends up starting a few more games in his career. But I was wrong about him in Philly for sure.

And your point about Chip is spot on for the first year. The problem is, coordinators got film and adjusted and Chip did not adjust back. He refused to believe that he had to do that and thought he could keep running his same 6 plays and theyd start working again. Chip's coaching year 1 was really something fun to watch. By year 3 it was teh most vanilla play calling i have ever seen.

Love that its football season and we can even have these talks.

Having said that, im not ready to kill the guy for not succeeding in STL. Nobody succeeds there. He started off hot there and then by the end of his season you could see he had zero confidence and was making some of the worst throws I have ever seen. That is on him, but its an awful system, awful place for a QB. It would not surprise me if he ends up in Dallas or KC as a very high quality backup and i wouldnt be shocked if he ends up starting a few more games in his career. But I was wrong about him in Philly for sure.

And your point about Chip is spot on for the first year. The problem is, coordinators got film and adjusted and Chip did not adjust back. He refused to believe that he had to do that and thought he could keep running his same 6 plays and theyd start working again. Chip's coaching year 1 was really something fun to watch. By year 3 it was teh most vanilla play calling i have ever seen.

and the guy is fool for asking for his release.
u could be the backup and help get Geoff ready. No one will want foles, sure he will sign somewhere but probably for less than he was making.

Give Chip an actual NFL QB and then we can talk. I don't disagree about the play calling in Year 3, but he didn't have much to work with. Yes, most of that was his fault as he was a horrible GM, but I'd still like to see him with an actual NFL QB.

and the guy is fool for asking for his release.
u could be the backup and help get Geoff ready. No one will want foles, sure he will sign somewhere but probably for less than he was making.

one thing thats always been true with him is that its never been about the money. he comes from a millionaire family. i think he wants the best shot to play. Dallas has Romo, so hell be hurt by week 3. KC has Alex Smith and then a bunch of trash. In STL he was fighting to be second on teh depth chart.

oh well, either way, i was wrong, hes not the clear starting caliber qb i thought he was at one point, but hell be fine as a high level backup or maybe a teams starter gets injured and he gets to play a little.

one thing thats always been true with him is that its never been about the money. he comes from a millionaire family. i think he wants the best shot to play. Dallas has Romo, so hell be hurt by week 3. KC has Alex Smith and then a bunch of trash. In STL he was fighting to be second on teh depth chart.

oh well, either way, i was wrong, hes not the clear starting caliber qb i thought he was at one point, but hell be fine as a high level backup or maybe a teams starter gets injured and he gets to play a little.
Not so sure about high level

Give Chip an actual NFL QB and then we can talk. I don't disagree about the play calling in Year 3, but he didn't have much to work with. Yes, most of that was his fault as he was a horrible GM, but I'd still like to see him with an actual NFL QB.
Do you think chip has that now in San Fran?

you are being a little hypocritical though. you say look what chip did with foles like its a plus for chip. but if he could do that with foles, why coudlnt he with bradford? bradford is better than foles (yes i know this forum is very low on sammy sleeves)

but yeah, def agree that he was an atrocious NFL GM. its not college, you can't just pick guys you like and want to succeed, and you cant expect them to act like a group of boy scouts.

Do you think chip has that now in San Fran?

Not sure really. Never really like Kaep, but he has had some success. I guess we'll see soon enough. He certainly has the skill set that Chip would most prefer in his QB.

you are being a little hypocritical though. you say look what chip did with foles like its a plus for chip. but if he could do that with foles, why coudlnt he with bradford? bradford is better than foles (yes i know this forum is very low on sammy sleeves)

but yeah, def agree that he was an atrocious NFL GM. its not college, you can't just pick guys you like and want to succeed, and you cant expect them to act like a group of boy scouts.

The entire team was different, not just the QB. They didn't have the dude that accounted for most of their offense in McCoy. That has to mean something.

Are the Rams going with Case Keenum as their starter? Didn't they already come out and say Goff wouldn't play this year, or was that Philly with Wentz?

Are the Rams going with Case Keenum as their starter? Didn't they already come out and say Goff wouldn't play this year, or was that Philly with Wentz?
Philly said not
not sure on the rams

So it was Philly with Wentz? Gotcha.

It was one or the other, i just couldn't remember which one.
So fitzy got 12 mill from the jets.
probably better than the 3 yr 24 mil offer, who knows what was guaranteed in that. He plays well again this yr, he can do the same thing.

Does anyone know where I can find individual season props for NFL? I have had a chance to sit down with Vikings QB coach Scott Turner (Norv's son) who told me very bluntly his thoughts and opinions on some prop bets, that I think are going to surprise some people. Also will help in Fantasy!

Does anyone know where I can find individual season props for NFL? I have had a chance to sit down with Vikings QB coach Scott Turner (Norv's son) who told me very bluntly his thoughts and opinions on some prop bets, that I think are going to surprise some people. Also will help in Fantasy!

i cant wait to hear this. although a professional NFL coach talking about gambling prop bets to a media source isnt really kosher is it?

my book doesnt have player prop bets out yet tho

i cant wait to hear this. although a professional NFL coach talking about gambling prop bets to a media source isnt really kosher is it?

my book doesnt have player prop bets out yet tho

You'd have to imagine they weren't talking about "prop bets" as much as catches, yards, role in the offense, etc.

YG just asked where to find individual prop bets, so it's probably safe to assume he didn't have a list of props he went over with the QB coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd have to imagine they weren't talking about "prop bets" as much as catches, yards, roll in the offense, etc.

YG just asked where to find individual prop bets, so it's probably safe to assume he didn't have a list of props he went over with the QB coach.

few guesses: lots of work for mckinnon, under on props for Diggs

few guesses: lots of work for mckinnon, under on props for Diggs
Lol I bet it's all over bets
this is coming from the QB coach, his dad is the OC right?
Scotty has high expectations I bet

It was very unprofessional, he owns a horse at work so he was hanging out in the pressbox. Also the announcer at CBY also is the radio analyst for the Vikings so they have a close relationship and they actually were talking prop bets just to shoot the shit. Here is what he was asked and his answer

Diggs over on any amount of yards (going to be used on every down and in the slot)
Treadwell under 6 TDS
AP under 1400 yards
Teddy over Tds
Anthony Barr under 14 games

I was just curious as I thought it was an interesting combo.

how the hell can he say that about tds. i actually never bet on td props bc tds are so random. but i guess they are just not happy with him so far?

Diggs is interesting, i guess they love him

AP makes sense bc i really think mckinnon is great and will get a lot of work

And Barr? Wtf, how would he know that. does he know of a pending suspension or something?

thats really cool that u had that convo though. its not "inside info" but to hear it from someone close to the team like that is cool. Things do change. Im ready to buy the diggs one though....they seem to really like him. What a steal he was.

He ranted and raved about Diggs. Paul Allen track announcer, Norv Turner, Scott Turner, Brandon Fusco, Alex Stalock (wild goalie) all went in and bought a horse together. So it has beem fun getting to know them. They are raving about Diggs and will be using him in the slot on 3rd downs. All of his answers were quick and precise, he was sure about all of them. Only one he was iffy and unsure of was over o Teddy Tds. He said absolutely no chance Barr plays more than 14 games, I guess he is kind of a band aide.

Back