NFL Offseason Discussion

Sam Bradford demanding a trade is trending on Facebook. Here are some of the comments from Philly fans:

Selfish mother fucker, we seriously paid him all that fucking money to sign his injury prone ass that nobody wanted and now he wants to be traded smfh, shit like this is why it'll be along time until the Eagles win a Super Bowl because of the bone headed management we fucking have smh

I'm an Eagles Fan myself, and personally, you're doing us all a favor by wanting to leave. Hell, Chip Kelly gave you an opportunity that nobody else in the league would have done, and you put up some decent numbers, stats wise. Overall as a leader, you showed that you have a pussy more than nuts, so honestly, we'll be glad to trade you for some draft picks.
We need some more players on the Offensive Line, Linebackers, and a couple receivers, and I'm confident, we'll find some draft picks in exchange for your services

Sam Bradford is a pussy for demanding to be traded after seeing we are most likely going for a QB in the draft (don't get me started on that) but rather than stay and fight for his job he just wants out. I would love it if we could get some draft picks from the Broncos for him

Am i the only one ready to call Sam Bradford a bust? In the early days it was he needed to be healthy and get a good line and get out of the nfc west. Well last year he was healthy, out of the nfc west, and had good line. He then got the play in the worst defense division in football, and after all that was 31st in total quarter back rating. Just say it out loud, Blaine Gabbert had a better QBR than Sam Bradford! And Gabbert played in the same division in which Sam Bradford n...eeded to get out of in order to succeed. And with his new contract he just signed he will get paid more than Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, and Carson Palmer. And now he wants to be traded? I mean what situation now does Bradford need to be in to be successful?
Also how does Nick Foles make Chip Kelly look like a genuis yet Bradford can't even succeed in the spread offensive; which is supposed to be Bradford's strength???

No one likes the guy except for the couple guys in here that think he's worth it (they can have him). The guy should take his 100 milly he's made and retire on a beach somewhere. He's not a good QB and has been very fortunate in his career. I would rather have Tebow.

Heres the deal with Sammy: hes not bad. hes better than a lot of guys out there. but hes not good enough to act like this, and that is whats rubbing people the wrong way.

Take, IF denver really goes into the season with Sanchize as their qb, you are going to be begging and pleading for sammy by week 5 trust me

Oh - I don't want Sanchize as our QB at all. But taking Sammy isn't the solution; it gives us 2 QB's I don't want (don't want Kaep either). I'd rather take someone in the draft and develop them.

Heres the deal with Sammy: hes not bad. hes better than a lot of guys out there. but hes not good enough to act like this, and that is whats rubbing people the wrong way.

Take, IF denver really goes into the season with Sanchize as their qb, you are going to be begging and pleading for sammy by week 5 trust me

I would take Sanchize over Bradford every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Bradford is a bad quarterback, which makes paying him all of that money, and then doing what they did even more hilarious.....but not as hilarious as him asking for a trade.

Also - please show me one ranking where Bradford is better than a lot of guys out there. I see him in the mid 20's (and as low as 31).

Also - please show me one ranking where Bradford is better than a lot of guys out there. I see him in the mid 20's (and as low as 31).

you can't.

He's never lead a team to a winning record. He can't stay healthy. In 5 years he's thrown for over 20 TD's once (21) His career TD-INT ratio is about 1.5-1.

He's a game manager is the worst possible sense. He won't win you a lot of games, but he certainly will lose you some.

Now to his credit, he's played for 3 soon to be 4 head coaches, and who knows how many different O-Coordinators.

if someone had a gun to my kids head and i needed to win a game,

I take Fitz, Chase Daniel, and Luke McCown BEFORE Sam Bradford

and I am NOT kidding at all.

I think given the Broncos dire situation at QB, Bradford makes sense for them.

Rumor today is that they inquired and Eagles price was too high. We'll if Eagles budge by draft weekend...

I think given the Broncos dire situation at QB, Bradford makes sense for them.

Rumor today is that they inquired and Eagles price was too high. We'll if Eagles budge by draft weekend...

Eagles just can't risk giving him to Denver for a 7th and seeing him lead the team deep into the playoffs...even if its 90% the defense that does it. Bradford was better then Peyton last year. A lot of you guys are underrated the guy severely, and I say that as someone who is incredibly pissed off at him and hopes i get the chance to throw snowballs at him in the next 2 years.

having said all that, if the eagles cant get dick for him, then make daniel the starter, wentz the backup and bradford 3rd string. you wanna be a big shot and make demands? great, then sit on the bench and lets see who wants you after a third missed season. lets see how u react every game on tv when they cut to you and talk about how big of a bitch you were. lets see how you react when they show you sitting on the sidlines with a clipboard while 60,000 eagles fans boo you. if you arent strong enough to handle a little QB competition, lets see you handle beign the most hated man in a rough city.

then cut the guy next year and see who wants him. the answer will be "nobody" or "cleveland"

Eagles just can't risk giving him to Denver for a 7th and seeing him lead the team deep into the playoffs...even if its 90% the defense that does it. Bradford was better then Peyton last year. A lot of you guys are underrated the guy severely, and I say that as someone who is incredibly pissed off at him and hopes i get the chance to throw snowballs at him in the next 2 years.

having said all that, if the eagles cant get dick for him, then make daniel the starter, wentz the backup and bradford 3rd string. you wanna be a big shot and make demands? great, then sit on the bench and lets see who wants you after a third missed season. lets see how u react every game on tv when they cut to you and talk about how big of a bitch you were. lets see how you react when they show you sitting on the sidlines with a clipboard while 60,000 eagles fans boo you. if you arent strong enough to handle a little QB competition, lets see you handle beign the most hated man in a rough city.

then cut the guy next year and see who wants him. the answer will be "nobody" or "cleveland"

Not even the Browns would pay a 3rd stringer $11 million+ per season. He's either #2 or he's gone. Nobody is trading for him with that contract unless he's going to be their starter and I don't see that happening unless a QB gets injured. Take the cap hit and move on.

i know i am not changing anyones opinions on him as a player, but you are talking to a guy who watched every snap he took last year. First 5 games, he was atrocious, i was ready for sanchize to get a start. then he started tog et better and more confident. he stayed mostly healthy despite a terrible o-line. he hit numerous receivers in the hands who dropped the pass. on other plays, litearlly nobody got open because chip thought miles austin and riley cooper were NFL players. His throws were confident and percise though, and the stats everyone sees, even with a mediocre offense, would have been much better.

thats just what i saw with my eyes. i know all the knocks on him. and now its clear hes a bitch. but he can sling it a little bit.

Not even the Browns would pay a 3rd stringer $11 million+ per season. He's either #2 or he's gone. Nobody is trading for him with that contract unless he's going to be their starter and I don't see that happening unless a QB gets injured. Take the cap hit and move on.

yeah i mean if they sat him and demand for him bottomed out, he woudlnt be signing $11 mil deals. hed take an incentive laden contract somewhere who woudl give him a chance to compete for a starting job at the very best.

absolutely cant just release him now and take a cap hit though. even on a sheer ego level you can't let a guy whine his way out like that, rob you, and then be free to sign wherever he wants.

I agree with that thought. Make him rot on the bench. Eagles won't be able to trade him for anything after the trade to move up in the draft.

Rumor is back on with Kaep to Denver. I can see Kaep to Denver and Sammy to San Fran. I don't like it, but I can see it.

funny that bradford could cost the eagles 11 million without even playing a down

the eagles have to trade him imo

funny that bradford could cost the eagles 11 million without even playing a down

the eagles have to trade him imo

Interesting caveat to his Contract -- If he misses mandatory team activities he can get penalized, and the penalty is taken out of that 11mil. I believe he can get fined up to 25% of the 11mil.

I still agree that they need to trade him. But his holdout is not subject to the typical weak daily fines we normally see.

Takeit,
so who would you rather see under center? Fragile Sammy or mental midget Kaep?

They're both pretty unappealing to give something up for, but Kaep has scoreboard. Bradford's entire career is a failure. I'll be stunned if any team trades a draft pick for Bradford. Maybe a 2020 7th-rounder.

Gun to head I take Kaep, but I don't want either of them - I really don't want some else's failure/problem. I'd rather draft someone and build them into a franchise QB.

Would love to draft someone and have Peyton come in and work with them to develop them into our long term QB. Take Hackenberg or Prescott and see what can be done with them.

They're both pretty unappealing to give something up for, but Kaep has scoreboard. Bradford's entire career is a failure. I'll be stunned if any team trades a draft pick for Bradford. Maybe a 2020 7th-rounder.

Lol isn't that basically all i asked for like 4 pages ago and u kept chirping about it. Now you agree.

Kind of unique spot though, take, obviously the rest of the team is built to win now. Because they just did. Rookie QB stepping in where the Broncs are drafting would be quite a trick. And that's why you need Josh McCown.

Gun to head I take Kaep, but I don't want either of them - I really don't want some else's failure/problem. I'd rather draft someone and build them into a franchise QB.

Would love to draft someone and have Peyton come in and work with them to develop them into our long term QB. Take Hackenberg or Prescott and see what can be done with them.
Lol yeah I am sure Peyton is going to do that

Lol isn't that basically all i asked for like 4 pages ago and u kept chirping about it. Now you agree.

Not sure, maybe I didn't catch the year. In the Broncos' shoes, I would consider parting with a 7th-rounder four years away for Sammy. That salary though. Could they throw in cheesesteaks for life or something?

Hoyer's record as an NFL starter, on so-so or bad teams, is probably better. I wouldn't want either guy, and neither does take or John Elway.

Not sure, maybe I didn't catch the year. In the Broncos' shoes, I would consider parting with a 7th-rounder four years away for Sammy. That salary though. Could they throw in cheesesteaks for life or something?
Yeah I said 2030 tip

Johnny has to sift through some legal issues in Dallas first. He's not going to jail or anything, but I doubt he would be able to dodge a lengthy Goodell suspension if a team ever wants him again. Assault on a woman is assault on a woman. He was back in town for the Biebs last night though. Party on.

Kind of unique spot though, take, obviously the rest of the team is built to win now. Because they just did. Rookie QB stepping in where the Broncs are drafting would be quite a trick. And that's why you need Josh McCown.

I think a rookie would need a couple years to develop. Maybe some non-diva can fit in and be serviceable for the next couple years. I would say I have faith that Elway will make a great decision, but that faith went out the door when he picked up Sanchez.

Joe Public.... I see the "thanks" for the post about Denver QB's. If I ever meet your dad, we will have a few things to talk about. Isn't he down here in Highlands Ranch? Right next door to me - googling Joe Public's dad as I type....

Reports now say Eagles won't trade Bradford. DEN reportedly did inquire. I really think this will be a problem in Philly. I think Bradford needs to move on (will be best for all parties and fans also).

Reports now say Eagles won't trade Bradford. DEN reportedly did inquire. I really think this will be a problem in Philly. I think Bradford needs to move on (will be best for all parties and fans also).

i completely agree, i cant fathom what denver offered that philly said no to. bradford cant be here anymore. hes not going to know the system if he sits out OTAs and his teammates and fans will ahve zero respect for him.

although if they do force him to play under those circumstances, he sucks, and no other team offers him dick next year, ill be laughing my ass off.

Joe Public.... I see the "thanks" for the post about Denver QB's. If I ever meet your dad, we will have a few things to talk about. Isn't he down here in Highlands Ranch? Right next door to me - googling Joe Public's dad as I type....

Ha. You'd love each other. Which is a play based entirely on historical statistics because you're cool and the majority of people love JPSREsq.

I grew up south, but he's now sort of mid-city, sort of Evans & Monaco-ish, near Cook Park. But if you need a lawyer or just want to talk Donks, just let me know and I can make it happen.

=)

Naturally, I agree with Gorg (and DW). I actually have a feeling that if he stays and they force Bradford to play, Daniel basically beats him out in camp—either because Bradford intentionally tanks or because the organization decides that's how they'll punish the guy—and by week five Wentz is out there running for his life because the line isn't fixed yet.

i completely agree, i cant fathom what denver offered that philly said no to. bradford cant be here anymore. hes not going to know the system if he sits out OTAs and his teammates and fans will ahve zero respect for him.

although if they do force him to play under those circumstances, he sucks, and no other team offers him dick next year, ill be laughing my ass off.
Dude has 100mill already.. No hurt

Interesting caveat to his Contract -- If he misses mandatory team activities he can get penalized, and the penalty is taken out of that 11mil. I believe he can get fined up to 25% of the 11mil.

I still agree that they need to trade him. But his holdout is not subject to the typical weak daily fines we normally see.

interesting... Still can't believe the amount of money this schmuck has made

Back