NFL Draft Discussion

also its funny how every "source" has miami doing everything but tua...taking herbert, trading up for 3...is almost like they are trying to get other teams to think they are not interested in tua and not look to jump them in the draft

Great question. The interesting thing is there are not alot, if any, guys who i like at 21. Either trade up and make a splash and get Jeudy or Lamb, or trade back and get some more picks.

Id love to trade up for one of those guys and see if theres a way we could get Ruiz, the Michigan center, at the end of rd 1. Kelce probably only has one yr left and id love to have a dominant center for 10 more years.

if they don't get lamb or jeudy, id prefer them trade back and see what kind of combo they can get between mims/reagor/shenault/hamler in rd 2

I feel like all the guys who are available at 21 are the same, so trade back and then settle for whichever falls.

Personally, if they draft lamb and 5 punters im happy

I've seen rumors of the Eagles trading up with the Jets for Lamb.

also its funny how every "source" has miami doing everything but tua...taking herbert, trading up for 3...is almost like they are trying to get other teams to think they are not interested in tua and not look to jump them in the draft
THIS

I took Tua over 3.5 -140 few weeks back but if Det and Miami were to flip I would buy off that immediately. They aren't trading up to #3 unless it is Tua.

Great question. The interesting thing is there are not alot, if any, guys who i like at 21. Either trade up and make a splash and get Jeudy or Lamb, or trade back and get some more picks.

Id love to trade up for one of those guys and see if theres a way we could get Ruiz, the Michigan center, at the end of rd 1. Kelce probably only has one yr left and id love to have a dominant center for 10 more years.

if they don't get lamb or jeudy, id prefer them trade back and see what kind of combo they can get between mims/reagor/shenault/hamler in rd 2

I feel like all the guys who are available at 21 are the same, so trade back and then settle for whichever falls.

Yeah, Lamb is worth trading up for, no doubt.

I think Caeser goes late first round... and he will be a good one.

Gone through so many mock drafts now, and read stuff

My hope for this week with no trades is

12. CD - backup jerry or ruggs
19. A.J Terrell - backup trevon diggs
80, 81, 91 - some combo of
1 of zak moss, or cam akers, maybe AJ Dillon
1 of Darrell taylor DE or Leki Fotu DI
Terrell Burgess

My hope with trades

12 same
Make a trade at 19

Either with eagles or ravens for their 1st

Eagles would be 19 and say 80 for 21 and 53
Ravens more realistic, 19 and 159 for 28, 55, and 170

End up taking same choice of cbs in 1st if eagles
If ravens probably end up with jaylon johnson, delpit or Kristian Fulton

But then with that new 2nd, grab Eason, or more likely another WR

Would depend on whichever wr we got in 1st

If lamb or jeudy, I'd want aiyuk or hamlet

If ruggs, pittman or shenault

Defensive tackles who don't get to the QB are never worth a top 10 pick. The Jets haven't seemed to learn this lesson with the latest example being Quinnen Williams last year but you should not be happy with Brown at 3 or anywhere else in the top 10.
Think you underestimate his pass rushing ability, all the scouting reports I've seen say his ability to disrupt pocket is a huge asset

If he can create pressure and get 5+ sacks a year hes a beast

Think you underestimate his pass rushing ability, all the scouting reports I've seen say his ability to disrupt pocket is a huge asset

If he can create pressure and get 5+ sacks a year hes a beast

The same things were said about Quinnen last year and the pick urned out to be a disaster. Thinking that Brown is the next Aaron Donald would be a huge mistake. The Lions either need to trade down or take a player at an impact position like Okudah at CB.

he just was never really that good. He is one of those dudes who always lookedl ike he should be better than he was. Very inconsistent.

Like Daniel Jones type inconsistent? Lots of QBs are inconsistent in college and become good pros under professional coaching

I would take a shot on Herbert... in the third round.
Like BAR I’m no expert on the jump from CFB to pro.
I know this. I’d rather the guy that had to “work harder” to get there over talent.
These big arm guys NEED to be just as sharp mentally and tough.
I’ll take the Brees/Burrows and the like before Big Guns

The same things were said about Jamal Adams and it turned out that all he ended up being was a box safety incapable of covering anyone but very capable of telling the world how good he is. Nothing against Simmons but most of these "hybrid" guys that are supposed to transform the game never do.

Don’t think he or any defensive player is gonna “transform the game”, they more a product of how the game is now being played by offenses. Having linebackers with speed who can match up with these running backs in the passing game is a must these days.

Jamal adams is pretty damn good! Imo He is a difference maker on the defensive side. if this Simmons kid turns out to be the player adams is I dont think anyone drafting him would be disappointed. Every time I watched Clemson last year Simmons was flying all over the field making plays, I really don’t see why that wouldn’t translate to the nfl game? I think he as safe a pick as anyone.

a few weeks ago i took tua to be the 2nd qb drafted at -140. thought it was a steal. then all the news came out that a lot of teams like burrow better. then tua to go 2nd was all teh way down to +200. it back at -120 at my spot now. im still confident. tua is hands down the 2nd best qb and i truly believe that there is a better chance that he ends up better than burrow than worse than herbert. Sure he has injury questions, but i think hes worth the risk. Herbert over Tua could end up being a Trubisky over Mahomes level mistake

i have Tua being the 3rd qb drafted but also have a play on Miami taking him in the 5th spot. On top of that I played the corner to go 3rd at +105 then took the field in the 3 spot at +750 (for which Herbert is part of). In my perfect world chargers trade up to 3 and take Herbert then Tua lands in dolphins lap in the 5 spot!

I kinda feel like all the “Tua falling” talk might just be smoke screen by fish to entice chargers to trade up and take Herbert if he their guy and they fear fish will draft him instead of Tua at 5!! You can never believe this crap the teams leak before a draft! Why in gods name would they let on to what they really thinking? No benefit in that!!

i agree with you it would be foolish to pass on Tua, especially if you the fish and have a boatload of 1st and 2nd round picks in next 2 years!! They can afford to take the risk and if Tua injuries dont pan out they can go back to the qb well next year with a couple big time prospects in the ‘21 draft!! Seems to me fish in a great spot to take the risk and I’m sure they still remember passing on brees due to injury concerns! I don’t think they should trade up to 3 to do it tho, if they leverage some their other picks to move up I think that too much risk, hence why I think the fear of drafting Tua is floating around. Makes way more sense for them to take the risk on Tua with the 5 pick, if someone trades to 3 to take him then so be it.

I know it not happening but Personally I would take Tua 1st over Burrow, I think his upside is far greater than Burrows. the way I look at it is you take Tua then like I said if he can’t shake the injuries then you will suck again and have a chance to get Lawrence in the next draft!! You can never have too many qb prospects as they the most valuable commodity in the nfl!

Don’t you think there enough wr talent in this draft that trading up for one of them be a mistake? Think I would prefer my team just take one the other perfectly capable wrs when their pick comes around opposed to trading up to take a slightly better wr prospect. Just way im looking at this draft that loaded with wr talent, which is perfect for your squad who desperately needs wr’s, playmakers, pass catchers!

cant believe anything teams put out there before a draft.

he just was never really that good. He is one of those dudes who always lookedl ike he should be better than he was. Very inconsistent.

he wasn’t playing with nearly the skill position talent as the other top QBs in this class were. He had a very good offensive line in front of him which nice but his wrs were ass and the offensive scheme was junk imo. I’m not sure if Herbert is a great leader or not? no clue if he will pan out as a top 10 pick, but I do see the potential. Especially in his last few games when it seemed the coaching staff kinda let him loose, I didn’t realize how mobile he was until the pac-12 championship and rose bowl.

He has all the tools you want in a qb, of course that doesn’t always translate into a star qb as intangibles are equally if not more important. No clue whether he has the mental makeup to be a franchise qb but he did seem to perform his best against ducks best competition which I think a pretty good sign.

Don’t think he or any defensive player is gonna “transform the game”, they more a product of how the game is now being played by offenses. Having linebackers with speed who can match up with these running backs in the passing game is a must these days.

Jamal adams is pretty damn good! Imo He is a difference maker on the defensive side. if this Simmons kid turns out to be the player adams is I dont think anyone drafting him would be disappointed. Every time I watched Clemson last year Simmons was flying all over the field making plays, I really don’t see why that wouldn’t translate to the nfl game? I think he as safe a pick as anyone.

I just hate to make this about Jamal Adams but no he is not a difference maker in any way.

Had a pretty crucial INT vs Ohio State playing safety. Guy lined up and covered every position last season

He has 2 career INTs. The surest way to get yourself into cap hell is to pay non premium positions like safety(unless the player is Ed Reed who is an INT machine, inside linebacker, and running back. Well the last GM badly overpaid at inside linebacker (Mosely) and running back (Leveon Bell) and I sure as heck hope that Joe Douglas is a lot better at his job than Mike Maccagnan who is one of the worst executives in NFL history.

Adams is what he is and that is a good run stopper but players like that are available in free agency every offseason in the 5 million range while Adams thinks he deserves 15 million plus per season. Let someone else pay him and his big mouth and that team can give us a 1st and 3rd round pick in return.

For any team. I know he had the INT against tOSU but I didn't feel like he did much in that game. Maybe they were going away from him. And the LSU game....well they got shredded most of the game. He's a good player I'm just not that high on him.

For any team. I know he had the INT against tOSU but I didn't feel like he did much in that game. Maybe they were going away from him. And the LSU game....well they got shredded most of the game. He's a good player I'm just not that high on him.
I’ve watched the game so many times

everyone has their opinion, but this kid was everywhere bro
If you get a chance watch some of it

Safeties that can't cover and don't produce INTs for his team are not difference makers. Unless a safety is a turnover machine like Ed Reed they are not worth paying.

he makes plays all over the field, 7 sacks last year, couple forced fumbles and a pick, can’t remember if he played the entire 16 games but I know he blows guys up and has the ability to force turnovers. pff gives him a 87.9 grade which pretty damn strong. I just saw a cowherd list that named him one the 10 best players in all of football, maybe being a jets fan gives you a reverse bias.

all that said I do agree jets should trade him in a heartbeat if they could get a late one and maybe a 3rd. They need to build their offensive line and get darnold some playmakers on the outside if they ever expect him to live up to his potential and they need more picks to accomplish that. Of course I think Gase is pretty horrible so maybe it doesn’t matter. Fish and bills are rapidly improving so if jets dont start making things happen regardless how good or bad adams is wont matter much!

Joe Klatt has the fish taking Andrew Thomas with the 5th pick now? You gotta be shitting me, that would be dumb imo. It would fuck my bet on Wirfs being 1st tackle taken, luckily klatt kinda a dumbass.

I wouldn't take him in the top 10. Gimme a franchise OL or a game changing WR over a hybrid LB/S

how often do wrs in top of draft work out? You can get a great wr prospect late in the 1st, the 2nd, and probably the 3rd. You can’t get a Simmons type athlete down the draft where there still be lots of quality wrs to be had.

Back