NFL Draft Discussion

Mike Lombardi pressing the issue with Tua saying he's secretly failed a couple physicals and is saying that Herbert goes before him. I'm not a big Herbert guy myself but some money could be made if Tua really falls.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I don't see Tua being successful in the NFL even if he somehow remained injury free.

Pff has a really cool mock draft simulator

You can control as many teams as you want, make trades etc.

Athletic has a 7 round mock today, this is what they have for lions
Detroit Lions
1 (3) CB Jeff Okudah, Ohio State
2 (35) RB Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
3 (67) DT Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M
3 (85) OT Prince Tega Wanogho, Auburn
4 (109) OG Jonah Jackson, Ohio State
5 (149) WR Tyler Johnson, Minnesota
5 (166) QB Anthony Gordon, Washington State
6 (182) PT Braden Mann, Texas A&M
7 (235) LB Cale Garrett, Missouri

Detroit Lions
Do not want Taylor.

Do you guys think less trades this year just because of the logistics of how teams are drafting this year?

I think Burrow, Young, Okudah is a solid bet for top 3. With Lions and NYG not needing QB, no real reason to trade up for Mia or LAC.

I like Simmons over 6.5 +110.....think he goes to Carolina at 7 or Jax at 9.

Also bet Under 5.5 WR round 1 at +160. Lots of studs in later rounds this year.

I feel like I might’ve posted these already earlier in this thread.....no concept of time or dates right now. Can’t wait for this draft....few hours of enjoyment.

Do you guys think less trades this year just because of the logistics of how teams are drafting this year?
Not necessarily. Could see some teams looking to move back and get more picks, especially for future years if they aren’t comfortable with this years setup or prospects.

Detroit Lions
I wouldn’t be mad at that

but I don’t know all they need eother

UNT QB Mason Fine is 5’ 10” wasn’t invited to the combine.

Videos are posted with him and Brees working out.

Any of y’all watched him?

Detroit Lions

They have to take Okudah after letting slay go. I really thought they should have tried to move Stafford before all the QB shuffling, now they’ve got no moves there unless the pats bite. I like him, but det isn’t gonna make the playoffs or be contenders might as well rebuild.

They have to take Okudah after letting slay go. I really thought they should have tried to move Stafford before all the QB shuffling, now they’ve got no moves there unless the pats bite. I like him, but det isn’t gonna make the playoffs or be contenders might as well rebuild.

Wtf is wrong with Staff? In terms of getting to the playoffs he‘s easily one of the better qbs. Why rebuild with a qb who‘ll just get injured or with a loser like Herbert? Plus Patricia needs to win now. They need to restock on defense.

They could easily trade down with one of the top-10 teams anxious to get a franchise qb in Tua before another team does, teams that won‘t take a corner.

Don‘t forget how good this team was before getting fucked by the refs on two games (against great teams no less!) early in the season and before Staff got injured and they dealt away a key dback.

Wtf is wrong with Staff? In terms of getting to the playoffs he‘s easily one of the better qbs. Why rebuild with a qb who‘ll just get injured or with a loser like Herbert? Plus Patricia needs to win now. They need to restock on defense.

They could easily trade down with one of the top-10 teams anxious to get a franchise qb in Tua before another team does, teams that won‘t take a corner.

Don‘t forget how good this team was before getting fucked by the refs on two games (against great teams no less!) early in the season and before Staff got injured and they dealt away a key dback.

I feel like he’s just not that guy, and you’re in a with gb and minny who will both win 9+ and Chicago should improve. Just a tough ask for staff to lead them anywhere imo. And hasn’t he gotten hurt the last two years?

Any chance Washington moves down from #2? They've already got a bunch of 1st rounders on their DL. That would destroy my mocks/bets.

I feel like he’s just not that guy, and you’re in a with gb and minny who will both win 9+ and Chicago should improve. Just a tough ask for staff to lead them anywhere imo. And hasn’t he gotten hurt the last two years?
Last few years wife gets brain cancer, he played through a broken back... Last year they sat him when he could of come back. Otherwise, he's as durable as it gets.

He was having an a great season last year till the injury. It was his best all around year.

Yes but also playing his best football. No QB is available that you could replace him with for an upgrade.

Rodgers, Cousins are not that formidable.

They should since the roster has weaknesses at just about every position group besides DL. Which means they probably won’t trade down since it’s Washington

In general id agree, but chase is being called by most scouting people I've seen on NFLn and guys like lance riddick, one of the best prospects ever

That's a huge position too, basically 2nd most important behind qb I'd argue

I wouldnt do it unless I got the kind of offer that gets moved for a qb, I.e a 1st this year in top 10, a 1st next year, 2nd this year, and other picks

When eagles moved up from 8 to 2 to take wentz

They got 8th overall, another 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th

That's what I'd want

I don’t think they will. He’s too small. I think Jefferson or even Higgins are better fits there. They should have paid Robbie. Dude makes big plays.

If the Jets pick anything other than an offensive lineman in round one I will be infuriated. They can easily find receivers after the first round. As for Robbie he was a one trick pony that I am ok not paying.

Back