NFL Draft Discussion

I would have preferred Wirfs who was the safer selection but Becton has the highest upside of all the offensive lineman. So after thinking it over I am ok with the pick.

i don’t agree with that but honestly not sure how we know which one has the highest upside? Even if his upside is the greatest I gotta believe how bust potential is probably the highest as well, gotta be when we talking bout a kid with those kind of weight issues, seems like he could easy let himself go (more so than he already has, lol). I’d be worried!!

i don’t agree with that but honestly not sure how we know which one has the highest upside? Even if his upside is the greatest I gotta believe how bust potential is probably the highest as well, gotta be when we talking bout a kid with those kind of weight issues, seems like he could easy let himself go (more so than he already has, lol). I’d be worried!!

He is a very good athlete and ran an incredible 40 time for a man his size. For now I will trust the judgement of the new Jets GM who learned under Ozzie Newsome. No doubt he has a good chance to bust but he is very well regarded by a lot of people including HOF tackle Joe Thomas who ranked Becton as his number one lineman in the draft.

Wirfs was defnitely the safer pick and I would have gone with him but lets not act like this was some crazy reach like many Jets first round picks. Im just excited that Joe Douglas recognizes the value of the offensive line.

He is a very good athlete and ran an incredible 40 time for a man his size. For now I will trust the judgement of the new Jets GM who learned under Ozzie Newsome. No doubt he has a good chance to bust but he is very well regarded by a lot of people including HOF tackle Joe Thomas who ranked Becton as his number one lineman in the draft.

Wirfs was defnitely the safer pick and I would have gone with him but lets not act like this was some crazy reach like many Jets first round picks. Im just excited that Joe Douglas recognizes the value of the offensive line.

I agree it wasn’t a crazy reach. He was smack dab in the middle of the top 4 far as level of prospect. I don’t think there was a lot of separation between any of them, just a matter of eye the beholder. The weight just scares me, maybe with money will come better nutrition and workout plan, but it could also go the other way where more money means easier to be lazy and eat more! Just a matter of his character for which I have no clue.

My other Concern is id argue of the top 4 he faced by far the weakest edge rushers week to week In the acc. i would pretty much always lean to taking the tackles who played in the sec cause they facing the best defensive lines, followed by big10 who has lot of talented dline man and known for churning out lineman on both sides. I actually think the usc kid the fish drafted could very well turn out to be the best. Who knows how much donating bone marrow effected him last season which his play obviously fell off from his previous years.

dunno that the 40 time means all that much for tackles? It was certainly impressive but short burst and quick feet far more important than what the big uglies run in the 40 imo.

Back