NFL Draft Discussion

Or better yet stay away from offensive line because the Jets are two picks after you and we desperately need to draft one.

Jets are definitely taking a WR. Hoping Jeudy is still on the board.

I think it’s laughable the giants are floating rumors about liking Herbert to try and entice someone to come up to get him. No GM is gonna fall for that, you blew smoke up Daniel Jones ass all year about how he’s the franchise qb you wanna waste a draft on another qb go ahead lol

Sure, but RB value just isn't anywhere near what it used to be. Why would someone trade a 1st-3rd rounder when they can simply draft a guy that, at worst, would be marginally less impactful than Fournette...and he’d be on a rookie deal and much less expensive than Fournette (6.7M/yr)?
Add in the attitude problems, just dont see it

Like the McCaffrey deal only makes sense because its 4 years so hes gonna be what like 28 when it's over, and more importantly hes such a weapon in the pass game

I know fournette caught like 70 balls last year but they were all screens, hes not a route runner like cmc

The only team I think makes some sense, and still I'm talking like a 4th round pick is a team like new Orleans

Lsu boy, they are in win now mode with breesy so maybe they dont even plan on resigning him

But gives them another weapon, I know they have latavius, but Kamara and fournette is a very good combo to go along with thomas and sanders and cook

Kind of all in move that a team only in their position should make, where their window is 1, maybe 2 years with brees

The only team I think makes some sense, and still I'm talking like a 4th round pick is a team like new Orleans

Lsu boy, they are in win now mode with breesy so maybe they dont even plan on resigning him

But gives them another weapon, I know they have latavius, but Kamara and fournette is a very good combo to go along with thomas and sanders and cook

Kind of all in move that a team only in their position should make, where their window is 1, maybe 2 years with brees

Somehow, apparently the Bills are the betting favorite to trade for him (+300). That couldn't make less sense. They have Singletary, who they really like and is clearly the #1 guy, and then have TJ Yeldon and Taiwan Jones (who they're also pretty high on, as a back up). Chrisitan Wade, the former Rugby player is still in the mix as well, though that matters little in this situation.

Seeing them trade away a draft pick for Fournette, who really wouldn't do much more than replace Frank Gore (and his 8 carries a game) seems insane, especially again considering the money they'd be paying his as opposed to someone they can simply draft. I realize someone has to be the betting favorite, but it seems quite the stretch the Bills make that move.

Oh, one more aspect of this...Fournette got in that huge brawl last time he was in Buffalo, and it wasn't pretty as he was one of the couple/few who was ejected from the game.

Jets are definitely taking a WR. Hoping Jeudy is still on the board.

I think it’s laughable the giants are floating rumors about liking Herbert to try and entice someone to come up to get him. No GM is gonna fall for that, you blew smoke up Daniel Jones ass all year about how he’s the franchise qb you wanna waste a draft on another qb go ahead lol

The Jets have to take an offensive lineman in the first round. They have ignored the line for more than a decade and that has to end. They can get a good receiver in the 2nd round..

Oh gawd he’s a stud. I think he’s definitely gone tho.

Anyone else think Isaiah Simmons has serious bust potential? What position is he going to play?

he the new breed of defender to deal with these passing offenses. Safety in a linebackers body. He seems like one the surest things in the draft to me, regardless where a team chooses to play him.

he the new breed of defender to deal with these passing offenses. Safety in a linebackers body. He seems like one the surest things in the draft to me, regardless where a team chooses to play him.

The same things were said about Jamal Adams and it turned out that all he ended up being was a box safety incapable of covering anyone but very capable of telling the world how good he is. Nothing against Simmons but most of these "hybrid" guys that are supposed to transform the game never do.

In case you guys haven't caught on I despise Jamal Adams and hope that some stupid team (Cowboys) takes him off our hands for multiple draft picks including a first rounder this year.

In case you guys haven't caught on I despise Jamal Adams and hope that some stupid team (Cowboys) takes him off our hands for multiple draft picks including a first rounder this year.

Brewers you are probably the most unsubtle person i‘ve ever talked with. Believe me we catch on to what you feel pretty easily

a few weeks ago i took tua to be the 2nd qb drafted at -140. thought it was a steal. then all the news came out that a lot of teams like burrow better. then tua to go 2nd was all teh way down to +200. it back at -120 at my spot now. im still confident. tua is hands down the 2nd best qb and i truly believe that there is a better chance that he ends up better than burrow than worse than herbert. Sure he has injury questions, but i think hes worth the risk. Herbert over Tua could end up being a Trubisky over Mahomes level mistake

a few weeks ago i took tua to be the 2nd qb drafted at -140. thought it was a steal. then all the news came out that a lot of teams like burrow better. then tua to go 2nd was all teh way down to +200. it back at -120 at my spot now. im still confident. tua is hands down the 2nd best qb and i truly believe that there is a better chance that he ends up better than burrow than worse than herbert. Sure he has injury questions, but i think hes worth the risk. Herbert over Tua could end up being a Trubisky over Mahomes level mistake

Tua is Leinart and Herbert is Joey Harrington on the next level. I wouldn't touch either of them but Tua is definitely the better prospect.

Somehow, apparently the Bills are the betting favorite to trade for him (+300). That couldn't make less sense. They have Singletary, who they really like and is clearly the #1 guy, and then have TJ Yeldon and Taiwan Jones (who they're also pretty high on, as a back up). Chrisitan Wade, the former Rugby player is still in the mix as well, though that matters little in this situation.

Seeing them trade away a draft pick for Fournette, who really wouldn't do much more than replace Frank Gore (and his 8 carries a game) seems insane, especially again considering the money they'd be paying his as opposed to someone they can simply draft. I realize someone has to be the betting favorite, but it seems quite the stretch the Bills make that move.

Oh, one more aspect of this...Fournette got in that huge brawl last time he was in Buffalo, and it wasn't pretty as he was one of the couple/few who was ejected from the game.
That's crazy, Singletary was struggling to get csrries till later in the year for some reason and he looks like a stud

Paying any draft and cap capital for a rb is insane for them, they have so many other needs

Edge rusher and secondary seem way more important

And again like I said originally, outside of a team like the saints who need a sure thing for 1 year, I'd rather draft a rb in round 3 or 4 than pay for lenny

Tua is Leinart and Herbert is Joey Harrington on the next level. I wouldn't touch either of them but Tua is definitely the better prospect.

on one level i get the comparison: they were put in a position to thrive and had all the weapons in the world to do so. So the deck was stacked in their favor.

But Leinhardt didnt have any passion and liked going out with celebs more than stepping up his game. I don't think Tua will have that issue. They are also very different in style.

But if the first thing is what you are referring to; tua had great wrs and a dominant o-line, plus a great run game...then yea its feasable

i just think hes got the goods

I think it's worse than mitch over mahomes

At least mahomes was viewed as a prospect who needed a good qb coach and a year off which is the reason for the drop

I also love the bet, if anything I'm looking at jordan love to be 3rd qb taken odds, I think herbert slides, selfishly I want the chargers to take him so he imo sets em back a few years

on one level i get the comparison: they were put in a position to thrive and had all the weapons in the world to do so. So the deck was stacked in their favor.

But Leinhardt didnt have any passion and liked going out with celebs more than stepping up his game. I don't think Tua will have that issue. They are also very different in style.

But if the first thing is what you are referring to; tua had great wrs and a dominant o-line, plus a great run game...then yea its feasable

i just think hes got the goods
I think the herbert Harrington one makes sense on so many levels

Especially with orlovsky pointing out how much of an issue harrington had leaving eugene and feeling homesick

The QB smoke in this draft is funny.

I bet of the top 5, only 1 or 2 becomes long-time starters.

Justin, sucks. I just don't see it but I will admit I am terrible at evaluating QBs college to pro...much easier for me HS to college.

Jordan Love, eh... nope.

Eason is tough to judge because of the team he played for, but I still expected more last year.

Tua is fine as far as health, IMO. He is still a wildcard as far as what he will do in the pros. He hasn't been totally healthy when they have played the better teams on their schedule so it is a bit tougher to evaluate.

Burrow will be a solid pro, I do not think he will be a superstar QB though. A lot will depend on the talent built around him. He's a a likeable guy so I hope he gets it.

I like Brown, just not at #3

The CB is good, but he got away with a lot of clutching and grabbing in college.

Simmons is my guy out of the three.

Obviously would love CY to drop.

Best case scenario still is trade down and still get one one those guys.

Even if you dont get the regular monster return people usually get for a top 3 pick, cause there are questions with the 2nd qbs

I'd still move down as long as its top 9 if it gets you multiple picks this year and a 1st next year

Seems like in the top 9 theres gonna be 3 qbs and 3 tackles for sure, so your getting one of simmons, okudah, or brown anyway

I think the herbert Harrington one makes sense on so many levels

Especially with orlovsky pointing out how much of an issue harrington had leaving eugene and feeling homesick
Joey blue skys!

I was pumped to get Joey, I loved how he played in college...maybe not his actual skill but just how he played. He never had a chance in Detroit plus the other factors like you pointed out.

Eason is one I'd want, and to sit, and only if you have a qb guru

Like if raiders move down from 12 or 19 and add a 2nd, I'd love eason in round 2, give gruden a year or two to mold him and hope the lotto ticket pays off

Eason is one I'd want, and to sit, and only if you have a qb guru

Like if raiders move down from 12 or 19 and add a 2nd, I'd love eason in round 2, give gruden a year or two to mold him and hope the lotto ticket pays off
Yeah, the right fit he has the tools, no doubt.

The QB smoke in this draft is funny.

I bet of the top 5, only 1 or 2 becomes long-time starters.

Justin, sucks. I just don't see it but I will admit I am terrible at evaluating QBs college to pro...much easier for me HS to college.

Jordan Love, eh... nope.

Eason is tough to judge because of the team he played for, but I still expected more last year.

Tua is fine as far as health, IMO. He is still a wildcard as far as what he will do in the pros. He hasn't been totally healthy when they have played the better teams on their schedule so it is a bit tougher to evaluate.

Burrow will be a solid pro, I do not think he will be a superstar QB though. A lot will depend on the talent built around him. He's a a likeable guy so I hope he gets it.
Agreed on burrow

I worry that this is the same guy who couldnt play over barrett, which was unlikely, but then haskins?

Also that LSU Wr group in like 5 years maybe gets looked at as one of the best of all time? Chase would be wr 1 if he came out this year

Add in joe brady being the new sean mcvay....

He had a great year, but EVERYTHING went right, I hope he makes it, JOB deserves it, and he seems like a phenomenal kid

But I dono, what's his absolute ceiling, matt ryan in non shanny years?

theres generally 2 types; the guys who people try to talk themselves into and the guys who people try to talk themselves out of. Look at the guys in years past who have been overlooked because "their game might not translate"...everyone from lamar to mahomes to watson to even a guy like bridgewater...sometimes you just look at a guy who has always had success against the best compeition and you just gotta say ill take my chances on him.

Then there are the guys who look the part and make 60 year old qb coaches hard. But they suck in actual games. Jordan Love sucked, Herbert was disappointing....now if im in charge, 10 times out of 10 im gonna risk my franchise on the guy who was shitting on dudes at the highest levels.

Even when you take a project qb, like lets say josh allen..who i will admit is about 10x better than i thought hed be at this point...even with this being the best case scenario, i hate to say it, that dude is not ever going to hoist the lombardi trophy. Best case is slightly above average qb play...a few fun runs on scrambles, and a few playoff berths.

Tua could get hurt for sure. But he also could be a top 3 qb in the NFL. Gimme that upside

And burrow...holy shit has there ever been anything like it where a guy goes from not good at all to best college qb in history overnight? i guess you gotta take him, but id be a bit nervous about the 4 years of shitty play leading up to that

Agreed on burrow

I worry that this is the same guy who couldnt play over barrett, which was unlikely, but then haskins?

Also that LSU Wr group in like 5 years maybe gets looked at as one of the best of all time? Chase would be wr 1 if he came out this year

Add in joe brady being the new sean mcvay....

He had a great year, but EVERYTHING went right, I hope he makes it, JOB deserves it, and he seems like a phenomenal kid

But I dono, what's his absolute ceiling, matt ryan in non shanny years?
I think Matt Ryan-esque is a successful career for him.

It's all such a crapshoot right, remember al davis saying once that picking 1st itself is so much about luck

Sometimes its j mac sippin on lean, who everyone had going 1, not like it was a reach or a bad pick, I still remember right after the pick and kiper saying we had our john Elway

And sometimes it's the sheriff or luck

But, yeah, if they straight up picked him at #3 I wouldn't be surprised and definitely would not be happy.

Defensive tackles who don't get to the QB are never worth a top 10 pick. The Jets haven't seemed to learn this lesson with the latest example being Quinnen Williams last year but you should not be happy with Brown at 3 or anywhere else in the top 10.

Dan, what are you looking for from your Iggles?

Great question. The interesting thing is there are not alot, if any, guys who i like at 21. Either trade up and make a splash and get Jeudy or Lamb, or trade back and get some more picks.

Id love to trade up for one of those guys and see if theres a way we could get Ruiz, the Michigan center, at the end of rd 1. Kelce probably only has one yr left and id love to have a dominant center for 10 more years.

if they don't get lamb or jeudy, id prefer them trade back and see what kind of combo they can get between mims/reagor/shenault/hamler in rd 2

I feel like all the guys who are available at 21 are the same, so trade back and then settle for whichever falls.

Personally, if they draft lamb and 5 punters im happy

Back