NFL Draft Discussion

I’ve watched the game so many times

everyone has their opinion, but this kid was everywhere bro
If you get a chance watch some of it

I thought clemson defense played pretty incredible that game up until the one lb got rightfully booted (under the stupid rule it was rightfully anyways, the rule sucks imo). After he left and the coaches kid replaced him it got ugly. The one who got ejected was causing them a ton of problems crashing the middle of the oline practically every play, coaches kid came in and looked like they might as well been playing with 10 guys! Lol. they could do that primarily cause Simmons ability to cover ground imo.

I hope that Miami is stupid enough to move up for a tackle when at worst they can get their second choice sitting right where they are.

why in gods name would they move up at all? Let alone for a tackle? Nobody else even projected to take a tackle till after 6. Plus there 2-3 tackles that all grade out pretty closely. Seems if they really wanna be dumb and not take a qb they could get whichever tackle they want at 5, if one happens to be gone so what? There another who prob just as good a prospect. But again I think everything we hear around this time is smoke screen.

@2daBank great adds to the thread

thanks. Just the sad state of affairs we in that I have so much to say about the draft! Honestly can’t recall last time I watched one of these, typically I don’t even know what day they on then one my buddies will start texting me about who just got drafted and I’ll be like “oh that was today huh?” Lol.

did I mention how much I miss baseball?!??! The nhl playoffs are almost always profitable for me! Even nba playoffs even tho I don’t watch all that much of it!! This shit such a bummer, but we have the draft! At least it something to talk about and bet on! Lol

Joe Klatt has the fish taking Andrew Thomas with the 5th pick now? You gotta be shitting me, that would be dumb imo. It would fuck my bet on Wirfs being 1st tackle taken, luckily klatt kinda a dumbass.

That would hurt my over 10.5

he makes plays all over the field, 7 sacks last year, couple forced fumbles and a pick, can’t remember if he played the entire 16 games but I know he blows guys up and has the ability to force turnovers. pff gives him a 87.9 grade which pretty damn strong. I just saw a cowherd list that named him one the 10 best players in all of football, maybe being a jets fan gives you a reverse bias.

all that said I do agree jets should trade him in a heartbeat if they could get a late one and maybe a 3rd. They need to build their offensive line and get darnold some playmakers on the outside if they ever expect him to live up to his potential and they need more picks to accomplish that. Of course I think Gase is pretty horrible so maybe it doesn’t matter. Fish and bills are rapidly improving so if jets dont start making things happen regardless how good or bad adams is wont matter much!

One INT and 2 FFs certainly doesn’t lead to a proclamation that “he has the ability to force TOs.” If that’s the case, everyone in the league can get that label.

The Cowherd point is silly imo. Who cares what any blowhard has to say, especially when those guys are wrong the vast majority of the time. The same PFF you referenced for his grade did their top players from 2019 list...Jamal Adams was #32. That’s a HUGE difference than being the top 10 player Colin wants us to believe.

I’m also not saying Adams is a complete turd, because he’s clearly not. I just think the point of him not being worth the money, because he’s not the impactful S like an Ed Reed was, is a much more valid viewpoint than he’s a top 10 player in the league.

thanks. Just the sad state of affairs we in that I have so much to say about the draft! Honestly can’t recall last time I watched one of these, typically I don’t even know what day they on then one my buddies will start texting me about who just got drafted and I’ll be like “oh that was today huh?” Lol.

did I mention how much I miss baseball?!??! The nhl playoffs are almost always profitable for me! Even nba playoffs even tho I don’t watch all that much of it!! This shit such a bummer, but we have the draft! At least it something to talk about and bet on! Lol

You may be the second-most unsubtle person here altho brewers888 defo wins that battle. You sure went nuts in mid-March when stuff was getting canceled! I don‘t think I had seen you like that before lol

Here’s PFF’s blurb about Adams...

32. S JAMAL ADAMS, NEW YORK JETS
Jamal Adams has become one of the game's most versatile weapons on defense. In a league that is trending ever more towards matchup problems on offense, Adams is one of a new breed of defender that can solve those problems on defense. This season, Adams spent significant snaps at free safety (297), in the box (401), in the slot (131), lined up out wide as a boundary corner (34) and even on the defensive line as a legitimate edge rusher (96), and he was one of the most effective defenders in the game. As a pass-rusher, he racked up 25 total pressures from 101 rushing snaps, by far the most pressure and the second-most rushing snaps of any safety.

While that certainly sings his praises and insinuates he’s a great player who can be impactful, it doesn’t even mention TOs (which says something), and seems to indicate he’s better at run stuffing than being the dynamic, Ed Reed-type safety that would warrant the BIG money.

You may be the second-most unsubtle person here altho brewers888 defo wins that battle. You sure went nuts in mid-March when stuff was getting canceled! I don‘t think I had seen you like that before lol

I could see the writing on the wall for what was coming. That a big reason I took a break from posting as well. No capping to discuss and only a miserable topic I saw no reason to continue talking bout. Lol. I don’t like angry Dan. Lol

Jamal Adams has become one of the game's most versatile weapons on defense. In a league that is trending ever more towards matchup problems on offense, Adams is one of a new breed of defender that can solve those problems on defense. This season, Adams spent significant snaps at free safety (297), in the box (401), in the slot (131), lined up out wide as a boundary corner (34) and even on the defensive line as a legitimate edge rusher (96), and he was one of the most effective defenders in the game. As a pass-rusher, he racked up 25 total pressures from 101 rushing snaps, by far the most pressure and the second-most rushing snaps of any safety.

While that certainly sings his praises and insinuates he’s a great player who can be impactful, it doesn’t even mention TOs (which says something), and seems to indicate he’s better at run stuffing than being the dynamic, Ed Reed-type safety that would warrant the BIG money.

In a salary cap league you don't pay a run stopping safety 17 million or whatever ridiculous number he wants. Throw in that he just refused to show up for vitual workouts whatever the heck that is and that leader label that has been given to him by the media is worthless. I hated wasting a top 10 pick on a player that plays a non impactful position and I want him traded tomorrow night.

Good stuff. I certainly wasn’t calling him Ed Reed! There a ton of room to be a very good impactful player and not being a all time HOF’er type!!

In a salary cap league you don't pay a run stopping safety 17 million or whatever ridiculous number he wants. Throw in that he just refused to show up for vitual workouts whatever the heck that is and that leader label that has been given to him by the media is worthless. I hated wasting a top 10 pick on a player that plays a non impactful position and I want him traded tomorrow night.

i think your fan emotions kinda getting in the way on his evaluation, although I’d totally agree he not worth that kind of money! Very few are and none of them are safeties. I didn’t know he was demanding that kind of money and there was a holdout looming. That would pretty much kill jets ability to get a late 1st and 3rd/4th rounder for him. I was under the assumptions he was still a cost controlled player for few more years. Just don’t think they get anywhere close to a fair haul for him given that situation.

I could see the writing on the wall for what was coming. That a big reason I took a break from posting as well. No capping to discuss and only a miserable topic I saw no reason to continue talking bout. Lol. I don’t like angry Dan. Lol

Angry Dan would be a great add to the GD Corona thread, though. Lots of anger going around, why not add more fuel to the fire?

Angry Dan would be a great add to the GD Corona thread, though. Lots of anger going around, why not add more fuel to the fire?

cause I’ve done a lot of work to get rid of angry Dan! Really no use for him on the interweb cause most the time angry dan just gets to point he wishes we were at bar so Angry dan could stop with the disrespectful talk and fight!! Lol.

I prefer cool, calm, and happy Dan!! Not angry, dumb, out of control Dan. Rarely has good things come from that version! the few well deserved beat downs maybe but more times than not angry dan ends up fighting someone who really didnt even deserve it!!

Good stuff. I certainly wasn’t calling him Ed Reed! There a ton of room to be a very good impactful player and not being a all time HOF’er type!!

Absolutely, and I’m certainly not debating that. The question, I thought, was whether or not he’s worth the money he was asking for. I think that’s a resounding no, at this point.

Absolutely, and I’m certainly not debating that. The question, I thought, was whether or not he’s worth the money he was asking for. I think that’s a resounding no, at this point.

yea I agree with that, as I mentioned I didn’t even realize he was demanding that kind of cash. I was more debating brewers comparing Simmons to him and suggesting that was a bad thing. That was my disagreement. Think teams would be pretty happy to draft a guy who turns out to play at adams level.

yea I agree with that, as I mentioned I didn’t even realize he was demanding that kind of cash. I was more debating brewers comparing Simmons to him and suggesting that was a bad thing. That was my disagreement. Think teams would be pretty happy to draft a guy who turns out to play at adams level.

Sure they would. Until he demanded 17 million a year...then they’d take Brewers’ stance.

Schrager saying simmons could go anywhere from 7 to 12

Please 12..... I'd pass on cd for him....

Also this tua drop stuff smokescreen is lol

who they have giants taking now? Seems like for months they had Simmons penciled in at 4th.

You saying you think the Tua sliding is smokescreen or laughing at that suggestion? I couldn’t really tell from your post. Lol

who they have giants taking now? Seems like for months they had Simmons penciled in at 4th.

You saying you think the Tua sliding is smokescreen or laughing at that suggestion? I couldn’t really tell from your post. Lol
I think it's a smokescreen

Dont see anyway he goes past 6, some people are saying they are hearing he may drop to 20s

I think it's a smokescreen

Dont see anyway he goes past 6, some people are saying they are hearing he may drop to 20s

yea I totally agree. As I been saying ya can’t believe anything teams are leaking at this point. If he dropped past the fish and chargers spots I’d be shocked, I also think the minute that happens hoody would be on the horn looking to swoop in and steal him!! God how awful would that be? Just what we need, pats landing another franchise qb who if healthy I think the best qb in this draft!

That would hurt my over 10.5

is that on Andrew Thomas? I hadn’t really seen him in top10 on hardly anyone’s boards but he seems to be gaining steam out of nowhere this week. He gonna screw my Wirfs bet and that over 10.5. Or it could all be lies! Lol.

i think your fan emotions kinda getting in the way on his evaluation, although I’d totally agree he not worth that kind of money! Very few are and none of them are safeties. I didn’t know he was demanding that kind of money and there was a holdout looming. That would pretty much kill jets ability to get a late 1st and 3rd/4th rounder for him. I was under the assumptions he was still a cost controlled player for few more years. Just don’t think they get anywhere close to a fair haul for him given that situation.

He is cost controlled for at least two more seasons but he has been demanding an extension since the middle of last season. I think there is a chance of a deal with Dallas who made a run at him before the last trade deadline and if they offer a 1 and a 3 I will personally pack his stuff and pay for his flight out of town.

He is cost controlled for at least two more seasons but he has been demanding an extension since the middle of last season. I think there is a chance of a deal with Dallas who made a run at him before the last trade deadline and if they offer a 1 and a 3 I will personally pack his stuff and pay for his flight out of town.

lol. Don’t blame ya for that. Ya’ll need the draft capital cause lot of holes to fill on offense!

can dallas afford to do that? They already staring at cap hell with so many players being paid in top 5 at their positions! They need the picks to get more cost controlled talent and I can’t see them risking giving that up for another guy who a potential holdout and wanting top of the market dollars. I like adams but not with the potential headache and money.

lol. Don’t blame ya for that. Ya’ll need the draft capital cause lot of holes to fill on offense!

can dallas afford to do that? They already staring at cap hell with so many players being paid in top 5 at their positions! They need the picks to get more cost controlled talent and I can’t see them risking giving that up for another guy who a potential holdout and wanting top of the market dollars. I like adams but not with the potential headache and money.

He is cheap for the next two seasons and he is from Dallas so maybe he would shut up until his contract is up but that’s doubtful.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up, not only the problems with Dallas dealing for him I mentioned above it also feels like dallas been linked to every rumor about a high end safety that has come out the last 2 years and they still don’t have one. Lol.

with Fredrick retiring and their cap situation you would think they use a pick on a lineman for which they have proven really good at finding in mid-late1st round.

Dallas won’t trade for Adams. No way. You think he’s gonna go there and all the sudden not be a problem about wanting a new deal? They paid Zeke, Cooper, they still haven’t gotten Dak done, they let Jones go, can’t take Adams and pay him too

We think Giants take an OL or Simmons if they stay put? Think ideally they would like to move off the pick and take a lineman somewhere in the 6-10 range but not sure they will do it

Dallas won’t trade for Adams. No way. You think he’s gonna go there and all the sudden not be a problem about wanting a new deal? They paid Zeke, Cooper, they still haven’t gotten Dak done, they let Jones go, can’t take Adams and pay him too

yea I agree. I just dont see them being in a position to give up draft picks, they in a situation where they need cheap labor, they can’t risk adams holding out. Plus like I said cowboys been linked to pretty much every high end safety in trade rumors and free agency last 2 years and they have never ended up with any of them. I think it more wishful thinking on one the jones parts than actual reality of their situation. Lol.

We think Giants take an OL or Simmons if they stay put? Think ideally they would like to move off the pick and take a lineman somewhere in the 6-10 range but not sure they will do it

for months I’ve seen simmons inked in to them in the 4th spot but lately seems to be differing opinions. I took them +185 to draft a defensive player so hope they go that route. When I saw that price I got all giddy, then after I bet it the thought occurred to me that felt way too easy, so yea they prob going oline. Lol.

Seems like only way they be able to trade down would be if nothing happens with the lions at 3. Of course someone could always fall in love w a player on draft day and decide they gotta trade up and get him!! I suppose something crazy could happen in front of them and a player still there teams didn’t expect?

I think if we learned anything bout gmen last year is they not concerned with whether the player they covet is slotted to go lower, if that their guy they have no problem pulling the trigger in the spot they in, which actually the right way to go about it imo. If what they really want a tackle and they can’t trade out of 4 I certainly wouldn’t put it past them to just take the tackle they like best at 4!

for months I’ve seen simmons inked in to them in the 4th spot but lately seems to be differing opinions. I took them +185 to draft a defensive player so hope they go that route. When I saw that price I got all giddy, then after I bet it the thought occurred to me that felt way too easy, so yea they prob going oline. Lol.

Seems like only way they be able to trade down would be if nothing happens with the lions at 3. Of course someone could always fall in love w a player on draft day and decide they gotta trade up and get him!! I suppose something crazy could happen in front of them and a player still there teams didn’t expect?

I think if we learned anything bout gmen last year is they not concerned with whether the player they covet is slotted to go lower, if that their guy they have no problem pulling the trigger in the spot they in, which actually the right way to go about it imo. If what they really want a tackle and they can’t trade out of 4 I certainly wouldn’t put it past them to just take the tackle they like best at 4!

They have needs everywhere but I’d think they want to invest in keeping Jones upright and helping Saquan hard running lanes.

They signed Blake Martinez at LB so I could see them trying to find LB help later in the draft. They could be gunshy drafting an OL so high tho after the Flowers disaster

They have needs everywhere but I’d think they want to invest in keeping Jones upright and helping Saquan hard running lanes.

They signed Blake Martinez at LB so I could see them trying to find LB help later in the draft. They could be gunshy drafting an OL so high tho after the Flowers disaster

certainly makes sense for them to take a tackle. I just fell victim to everyone having Simmons slotted there and the tackle run starting in the 8-12 range. If they do take one I desperately hope it Wirfs to offset losing them taking a defensive player with hitting Wirfs being 1st tackle off. Gmen could fuck up 2 my bets real quick, it be kinda like when I bet on their games! Lol

then again a hoody disciple coach probably always leans defense!

I didn't post plays but mentioned few weeks ago and few times since that I took Tua over 3.5. -140. I played some back at +300 to cover the risk and freeroll Tua over. I can sense a trade.

@B.A.R. @detroit187 any other detroit guys

Would you guys do the miami rumored deal where they want 3 without giving up 5

For something like 18, 26, and 39
Probably, give me 4 picks in the top 39 and I can build a defense at multiple levels. The only way I wouldn't is if you think Okudah is the next shut down elite corner....usually those are found later on anyway. How many top corners outside of Ramsey and Peterson (who i think has been terribly overrated in his career) are that great? Then again, I would have traded down last year instead of take a TE at 8. Its the Lions, they'll f it up. And Fatricia and Quinn are in win now mode so they'll want an elite player over 4 good players that develop in a few years since they'll be gone if they don't win this year. Hence why they won't take a QB at 3 this year.

I'm convinced they take Brown tonight wherever they end up. And he's not the pass rusher Fairley was at 13 years back and certainly not the prospect Suh was.

Kiper's latest mock is rubbish. Has all the WR falling, Ruggs going 22nd. Chiefs taking Jon Taylor 32.

I saw one Todd mcshay did. It was seriously screwed up compared to most. Outside the 1st 2 picks none these dudes know wtf really gonna happen. Sure we have some ideas on what teams need but I don’t think they know any more than us, I don’t believe for a minute their sources around the league tell them the truth!!

Probably, give me 4 picks in the top 39 and I can build a defense at multiple levels. The only way I wouldn't is if you think Okudah is the next shut down elite corner....usually those are found later on anyway. How many top corners outside of Ramsey and Peterson (who i think has been terribly overrated in his career) are that great? Then again, I would have traded down last year instead of take a TE at 8. Its the Lions, they'll f it up. And Fatricia and Quinn are in win now mode so they'll want an elite player over 4 good players that develop in a few years since they'll be gone if they don't win this year. Hence why they won't take a QB at 3 this year.

I'm convinced they take Brown tonight wherever they end up. And he's not the pass rusher Fairley was at 13 years back and certainly not the prospect Suh was.

seems to me it would make sense to deal w chargers and try to get one their secondary guys along w few later picks. Then like you said they could draft brown after potentially getting corner help w a already established player. Chargers seem to have a excess in their secondary. If chargers are interested in moving into that spot as been reported a bunch.

Looking like my plays will be -

Burrow/Tua/Herbert exact order QBs -125 - like Tua to be 2nd QB and this juice is much lower
1st round OL O6.5 -167
1st round S U1.5 -143
CD 1st WR -110

Where is everyone thinking Dobbins will go. I've got -120 at Over 44.5, and really starting to like it more and more.

Back