NFL Draft Discussion

In general id agree, but chase is being called by most scouting people I've seen on NFLn and guys like lance riddick, one of the best prospects ever

That's a huge position too, basically 2nd most important behind qb I'd argue

I wouldnt do it unless I got the kind of offer that gets moved for a qb, I.e a 1st this year in top 10, a 1st next year, 2nd this year, and other picks

When eagles moved up from 8 to 2 to take wentz

They got 8th overall, another 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th

That's what I'd want
Definitely agree he’s going to be a stud no doubt and the package would need to be strong. From my perspective I’d want to know if Haskins is the guy or not so I’d want to prioritize fixing the many weaknesses on offense with early draft talent.

Anyone have any long shot bets they’re eyeing?

When the Eagles went from 8-2 to get Wentz I think they gave up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. That’s a huge package. I don’t think Tua or Herbert are worth it.

Lamb first wr drafted in the +150 to +180 range. He is clearly my #1 wr in the class (granted that means absolutely nothing) but feels like decent value to me

Last few years wife gets brain cancer, he played through a broken back... Last year they sat him when he could of come back. Otherwise, he's as durable as it gets.
Yea I mean how much better can they get?
I understand a change, but guy can play no doubt.
It’s hard as fuck to make deep runs always. Shit even getting there. Ask Breesy

If the Jets pick anything other than an offensive lineman in round one I will be infuriated. They can easily find receivers after the first round. As for Robbie he was a one trick pony that I am ok not paying.
Robbie is a really good fit for certain teams. Saints would be one, but he would have to take a pay cut

Definitely agree he’s going to be a stud no doubt and the package would need to be strong. From my perspective I’d want to know if Haskins is the guy or not so I’d want to prioritize fixing the many weaknesses on offense with early draft talent.

Anyone have any long shot bets they’re eyeing?
I ask this seriously, and I know he is going but is Haskins really “the guy”?

I must’ve been dropped on my head this college football season...how THE FUCK is Jacob Eason a potential first round pick? He was flaming hot garbage this year and one of the most overrated players in the nation I thought.

I’m saying it now and I don’t care if he goes to the Bangles. Barring injury, I can’t see Big Dick Joe being anything shy of pretty fucking good.

guy works

Eason is a big arm Jeff George type that teams always drool over and think they can fix, but never do.
I could see the Steelers 'reaching' for Hurts in the 2nd round if they still had their #1 pick. They dont so that -105 bet looks pretty enticing.

Saw Dan orlovsky, who's ESPN's best nfl guy by a mile, say something that moved herbert down my board, he also shutdown jason mcyntire and Geoff schwartz while doing it which was the cherry on top

He stayed in eugene the whole time, been sheltered, didnt leave school last year, very similar to Joey Harrington who he said, and another player corroborated, was homesick all the time

Not saying I wouldnt take him in middle of the 1st, but not at 5 or 6 for chargers or dolphims

Eason needs an elite OC but the arm talent is legit

He basically needs a kyle shanahan offense like Jimmy g where the playcalling gives you open targets

If hes in a place where he needs to improvise hes fucked, that was his issue at UW, he would have set records if he was at WSU under leach

Or he needs to sit at least a year or two and learn with a great qb coach and mentor, maybe green bay?

Saw Dan orlovsky, who's ESPN's best nfl guy by a mile, say something that moved herbert down my board, he also shutdown jason mcyntire and Geoff schwartz while doing it which was the cherry on top

He stayed in eugene the whole time, been sheltered, didnt leave school last year, very similar to Joey Harrington who he said, and another player corroborated, was homesick all the time

Not saying I wouldnt take him in middle of the 1st, but not at 5 or 6 for chargers or dolphims
I like Dan too. For NFL only. I don’t like his college commentary, and when he is on First Take type shows, stock goes down for me. That’s just not his lane. He is really good tho

Eason needs an elite OC but the arm talent is legit

He basically needs a kyle shanahan offense like Jimmy g where the playcalling gives you open targets

If hes in a place where he needs to improvise hes fucked, that was his issue at UW, he would have set records if he was at WSU under leach

Or he needs to sit at least a year or two and learn with a great qb coach and mentor, maybe green bay?
Jimmy G situation is very unicorn-ish

There weren't lines for every team for this prop, but Draftkings has a "Exact Playing Position of Team's First Drafted Player". WR is the favorite for 5/6 teams.

DEN -230
IND +140
LVR -167
NYJ -110 (although OL is +110)
PHI -230
SFO -177

(MIN 2nd highest odds is WR +250)
(ARI 2nd highest odds is WR +225)

The total WR first round O/U 5.5 -200/+160

So do we see it as, yeah there is depth, lets wait to draft it, or will 1, 2, 3 go, and everyone feel like they need to take them so they don't miss one (like kickers, defenses, and sometimes QBs/TEs in fantasy football........)

There weren't lines for every team for this prop, but Draftkings has a "Exact Playing Position of Team's First Drafted Player". WR is the favorite for 5/6 teams.

DEN -230 (15)
IND +140 (out of first round currently)
LVR -167 (12/19)
NYJ -110 (although OL is +110) (11)
PHI -230 (21)
SFO -177 (13/31)

(MIN 2nd highest odds is WR +250)
(ARI 2nd highest odds is WR +225)

The total WR first round O/U 5.5 -200/+160

So do we see it as, yeah there is depth, lets wait to draft it, or will 1, 2, 3 go, and everyone feel like they need to take them so they don't miss one (like kickers, defenses, and sometimes QBs/TEs in fantasy football........)

I've added their picks in the first round..., Indy's pick would currently be out of the first round.... and if vegas/san francisco don't take with the first pick of the draft, its more likely they would with the 2nd, right? (especially if its thinning by 31.....)

That leaves us with 4 wr's taken in first round (if you count den/raiders/philly/49ers).... if indy sits out of the first round, NYJ is a toss up, who are the other players, you'd need to find 1 maybe 2

Also it's got to be Burrow/Young/Okudah 1/2/3, right? Less likely detroit is able to trade down with the rise of herbert. Kind of creates less pressure for miami to move up, and if someone jumps miami to grab the QB they want.... they'll still have whichever is not taken

Also it's got to be Burrow/Young/Okudah 1/2/3, right? Less likely detroit is able to trade down with the rise of herbert. Kind of creates less pressure for miami to move up, and if someone jumps miami to grab the QB they want.... they'll still have whichever is not taken
Yes

I bet this last week but now I'm getting worried about the smoke coming from Detroit about moving down....I just don't know who would need to move up? Obviously Miami has the assets to move up but I don't know why they'd need to....NYG not taking a QB at 4.

Jags looking to trade Lenny which presumably means offense will be pass-first. Really need a solid pass-blocking tackle (maybe that guy from Louisville and have cam slide into guard?) but Jax always drafts best available

Athletic article on props they like

Herbert to go in top 5 at ev
Jeudy top 10 at +200
CD u12.5 -130
Reagor before mims at +275

Back