NFC Championship: 49ers vs. Eagles Discussion Thread

Fly eagles fly Neeners get handled

Eagles run d isn’t that good. There a path to both teams winning. If niners play the 1st half anything like today I’d agree Philly rolls them, I don’t think you will see that bs again tho, I think it be smash mouth from the start and maybe shots later. On other hand Philly will take the deep shots Dallas wouldn’t or couldn’t, I think it gonna be a really good game, if I can get a fg I’ll prob take it.

Last edited:
I’m with you. Dallas D is a different deal than Philly in my estimation. On the road for Purdy( all respect, I think they should keep him and maybe start with a good camp)…love it

If niners come out trying to throw I agree Philly d will eat him, I don’t think you see that tho.

I really don't see anything that would make someone bet on the Eagles here. What a shit spot coming off an insanely wild scene Sat night beating a very poor NYG team

Fading Brock is an angle, fading Hurts is too

Should be a low scoring game and Niners much the best apples to apples

Eagles off last night against NYG is a dream come true for SF

Shanny is a concern, Siriano is light years ahead of him in play calling, not being stubborn

Thinking about 24-13 Niners and unlike last week that isn't drunk speak, it sounds about right

Problem this time of year is deciphering fans from those who make good points

I really don't see anything that would make someone bet on the Eagles here. What a shit spot coming off an insanely wild scene Sat night beating a very poor NYG team

Shanny is a concern, Siriano is light years ahead of him in play calling, not being stubborn

Thinking about 24-13 Niners and unlike last week that isn't drunk speak, it sounds about right

I get people bang on Shanny but his system is taking Mr Irrelevant to the NFC Championship.
He gets alotta disrespect and there’s a ton worse coaching I think

I think eagles can get past that number in 2 plays tho, I have little doubt they will take more and connect on a few deep passes, I think niners run game should control more of the game cause of the 2 defenses I think Philly is way easier to run against. Big plays scare me, hurts running worries me; and god if they come out trying to throw all over w purdy I think they get into real trouble, I don’t think that happen, I think it be more physical from the jump but who knows what shanny do?

I literally disagree with every point lol. Including Shanny and Sirianni. I went 0-2 today so there’s that.

I like the number I got. Long week of discussion and angles for us all.

Neeners won’t be getting two extra days of rest here. What utter incompetence by the league to allow that to be a thing in the playoffs

I think eagles can get past that number in 2 plays tho, I have little doubt they will take more and connect on a few deep passes, I think niners run game should control more of the game cause of the 2 defenses I think Philly is way easier to run against. Big plays scare me, hurts running worries me; and god if they come out trying to throw all over w purdy I think they get into real trouble, I don’t think that happen, I think it be more physical from the jump but who knows what shanny do?
You have to remember 1 year ago we thought healthy Hurts was possibly the worst deep ball passer in the league

I still do, he's got better receiver that bail him out but he's not good at that still....now injured Hurts

I'm sorry, I'd love to make Philly beat me deep if I'm SF. The receivers will be there, doubt the ball will be though with that pressure

I get people bang on Shanny but his system is taking Mr Irrelevant to the NFC Championship.
He gets alotta disrespect and there’s a ton worse coaching I think

I think shanny is one of the better coaches in the league, his system and design is way better than most, I dunno how that even a debate? His biggest issue is getting caught up trying to be too clever w all his toys.

You have to remember 1 year ago we thought healthy Hurts was possibly the worst deep ball passer in the league

I still do, he's got better receiver that bail him out but he's not good at that still....now injured Hurts

I'm sorry, I'd love to make Philly beat me deep if I'm SF. The receivers will be there, doubt the ball will be though with that pressure

I like niners but don’t really agree. I’m not stat digging tonight to see who right but I see Philly connect on deep balls virtually every week, niners vulnerable to it and bigger physical wrs like brown. If geno and metcalf can give niners hell im pretty sure hurts and his wrs can also, I dont necessarily think it will win out over niners offense controlling more of the game (if they do) but im
Pretty sure 13 a terrible number to set for eagles.

I literally disagree with every point lol. Including Shanny and Sirianni. I went 0-2 today so there’s that.

I like the number I got. Long week of discussion and angles for us all.
Fwiw I won't likely think about any game next weekend other than rolling my eyes and looking Wednesday or so

Can't stand overanalysis and even when the Cards made the SB in 2009, I watched media day then zilch til kickoff

These are games, not life strategy. Won't be watching any breakdowns at all this week, rather listen to classical music and I'm not much a fan

These games are no other than a basketball game in Providence on Tuesday, they're two football games

Less than -3 I understand case for eagles. I think I prefer niners and +3 if I can get it but there legit arguments for both, how long have we been saying these clearly the 2 best teams in nfc? I expect both the championship games to be way more competitive than this weeks games were.

Neeners won’t be getting two extra days of rest here. What utter incompetence by the league to allow that to be a thing in the playoffs
You wanted Dallas playing on Saturday after Monday?

The extra WC money grab makes this possible.

Add in, the worst 3 seed possible as well.

Philly a good, fun team.

They've played no one. Just like many said about SF.

Take away injury games at end and inconsequential game yesterday....

Screenshot_20230122-224207.png

Now, remember how some of these went.

Yikes.

This is going to be a helluva game.

Fun cap.

I had last years playoff game to tell me Dallas wasn’t gonna score all over niners d. No point of reference for Philly offense, they def have enough variety and strengths to stress niners more than Dak and dunk I think. On the other side I think niners offense could absolutely control the game but it has to look like the end of 3rd and 4th today, that shit they were doing in 1st half and purdy will have problems. You wouldn’t think Philly run game be as effective as when they at their best and that why I lean niners, they will have to have a plan for hurts running tho which probably make them even more vulnerable over the top. Dak coulda gotten way more rush yards if that was his game, it looked like he had run lanes a ton and wasn’t looking to take off like hurts will be.

I had last years playoff game to tell me Dallas wasn’t gonna score all over niners d. No point of reference for Philly offense, they def have enough variety and strengths to stress niners more than Dak and dunk I think. On the other side I think niners offense could absolutely control the game but it has to look like the end of 3rd and 4th today, that shit they were doing in 1st half and purdy will have problems. You wouldn’t think Philly run game be as effective as when they at their best and that why I lean niners, they will have to have a plan for hurts running tho which probably make them even more vulnerable over the top. Dak coulda gotten way more rush yards if that was his game, it looked like he had run lanes a ton and wasn’t looking to take off like hurts will be.
Be interesting how much Jalen runs.

He was obviously being careful yesterday.

Be interesting how much Jalen runs.

He was obviously being careful yesterday.

For sure. I think he a lot healthier than he was that 1st game back to end year. Whether he can hold up to taking hits I think last thing left we don’t know. I dunno if the threat of him running will slow down niners rush or he will have to show them 1st?

I like niners but don’t really agree. I’m not stat digging tonight to see who right but I see Philly connect on deep balls virtually every week, niners vulnerable to it and bigger physical wrs like brown. If geno and metcalf can give niners hell im pretty sure hurts and his wrs can also, I dont necessarily think it will win out over niners offense controlling more of the game (if they do) but im
Pretty sure 13 a terrible number to set for eagles.

Jalen 12th in deep ball attempts (3.9 per game), 8th in deep ball completion percentage, 5th in deep ball accuracy rating

Well, you said he throws deep balls every week, maybe he threw 59 in one game?

More so just the fact he actually pretty good throwing them now. I thought the biggest jump in his gene was the deep ball accuracy @KJ saying still isn’t good. threat of his running makes it tough to rush him as hard which obviously opens up more time for those wrs to beat coverage, most the games I have watched Philly have had some pretty deep balls, imo that best way to attack niners, I don’t think you can continually drive the field 10+ plays on niners without getting chunks., Philly seems capable of getting them. I’d think a prop for longest play over, I dunno what the yardage be, should cash.

If Philly didn’t either hit a few 40+ or draw flags on few deep I’d be surprised. No chance they take as few shots as Dallas right? I think Dak threw 2 balls further than 15 yards. Neither were great throws and 1 still worked, gallop coulda been gone but he totally under threw him.

I heard today that Jimmy G may be back next week. I find that disturbing. Purdy has done just fine. Deebo was absent today. SF has diversified weaponry that I think could give Philly fits. Maybe Im just stuck on my SF vs Cincy prediction from 8+ weeks ago.

If Philly didn’t either hit a few 40+ or draw flags on few deep I’d be surprised. No chance they take as few shots as Dallas right? I think Dak threw 2 balls further than 15 yards. Neither were great throws and 1 still worked, gallop coulda been gone but he totally under threw him.
Hurts has come a decent way. Not saying he’s great at throwing, he’s not. But his run threat is as real as anyone else’s. And he’s not the best at that.

Purdy is gonna see some different looks with this Philly D.

Grabbed Philly early. Crazy hits on that opener.

I heard today that Jimmy G may be back next week. I find that disturbing. Purdy has done just fine. Deebo was absent today. SF has diversified weaponry that I think could give Philly fits. Maybe Im just stuck on my SF vs Cincy prediction from 8+ weeks ago.
I said same, maybe not as early as you. I think Joey/Jalen Super Bowl.

Hurts has come a decent way. Not saying he’s great at throwing, he’s not. But his run threat is as real as anyone else’s. And he’s not the best at that.

Purdy is gonna see some different looks with this Philly D.

Grabbed Philly early. Crazy hits on that opener.

If this game about Purdy I think you probably win. I think niners physical run game has to be the way, maybe that opens up some shots later but they have to lean on Philly before letting purdy throw all over.

There no way in hell anyone on niners has thought 2 seconds about Jimmy g. Shanny has let purdy throw more in 2 playoff games than he let Jimmy throw in 6+! Think that says it all bout who niners qb is. I hope they run more in this one but I don’t believe for a second they would ever start Jimmy ahead of purdy ever again. 14 tds and 2 ints in 7 games, purdy should be their qb now and for foreseeable future unless something crazy happens and he turns into a total pumpkin.

I went with this prediction back on December 5th in Superbowl matchup thread: "Made me bet I take Philly-Bengals"

I will try not to over think it all now and take Philly and Cincy for some in each game

I went with this prediction back on December 5th in Superbowl matchup thread: "Made me bet I take Philly-Bengals"

I will try not to over think it all now and take Philly and Cincy for some in each game
If you never changed off this credit to you!

Not sure where to start.
Road game in Philly will shake Purdy.
Hurts has another week to heal and they shook the rust off
Eagles D is as good as 9ers. Their secondary is better. D line close.

Better O line.

9ers might have better running game.
Coaching equal.

If 9ers want to win they go VERY run heavy. It’s their only shot.
Eagles won’t run the clown crap that DallASS did.

Last edited:
Not sure where to start.
Road game in Philly will shake Purdy.
Hurts has another week to heal and they shook the rust off
Eagles D is as good as 9ers. Their secondary is better. Better D line. Better O line.

If 9ers want to win they go VERY run heavy. It’s their only shot.
Eagles won’t run the clown crap that DallASS did.
The Eagles aren't some juggernaut lol, not that the Niners are either

But I can't agree with much of anything you said above

I would favour Niners by 3.5 on neutral so pk makes sense

What is the reasoning for "Road game in Philly will shake Purdy?" That sounds like a kindergarten statement. Why?

Don't get me started about the defenses....that you think the PHI o line and d line are both better makes me feel like this is some fandom bullshit and I'd rather watch tennis.

Thanks for the reply I guess, it's basically wrong all over but enjoy your week of doing whatever Eagles fans do for a week before a big game, hopefully it's productive.

FYI I hate both these teams other than the Brock affiliation but that doesn't cloud much

Seriously you can't believe what you typed unless you are a fan

FYI I hate both these teams other than the Brock affiliation but that doesn't cloud much

Seriously you can't believe what you typed unless you are a fan
I
Completely believe it. Purdy has seen nothing like what he will be in for in Philly. He was shaky against Dallas. In SF. You think he’ll be better against a far superior D on the road?

I
Completely believe it. Purdy has seen nothing like what he will be in for in Philly. He was shaky against Dallas. In SF. You think he’ll be better against a far superior D on the road?
Before I get into this, are you an Eagles fan? It sucks to debate with frans

I don't think the Eagles defense is overly special if that's what you're asking, Niners D-line is propbably best in the league in the last 5 years at minimum. That's why I can't much of this serious.

Back