NBA Trade deadline Feb. 20th discussion

Clippers discussing Darren Collison, Willie Green and Matt Barnes for Iman Shumpert and Raymond Felton, league source tells Yahoo.

We have reached the NBA's trade deadline. Trades can still be announced after the deadline, as long as teams are on a call with the league.

drian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBANo deal for the Clippers and Knicks.

League source confirms Nets are done at the deadline. No deals today.

RT @ramonashelburne : The Lakers were not able to complete deals for Hill or Kaman or Pau before noon, per sources

League source tells Globe that the Celtics have made no deals today.

San Antonio has traded Nando De Colo to the Toronto Raptors for Austin Daye, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Indiana has traded Danny Granger to Philadelphia, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

and here we go....

Philadelphia is sending Evan Turner as part of a package to the Pacers for Danny Granger, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Indiana has traded Danny Granger to the 76ers for Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen, league sources tell Yahoo.

Don't think the Villian fits in Indy...he has to have the ball in his hands which won't happen in Indy...he's not good off the ball....he's also a subpar defender, which is their staple...

Antawn Jamison and the Atlanta Hawks could be headed toward a buyout, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Ainge: "I think the summertime will be a better time (for deals) based on what I’ve just listened to & heard over the last few days."

Best guess, the Lakers kept Gasol so that with Kobe they would have 2 stars to keep ad revenue coming in during these dark days.

I don't think the lakers have any plans to keep gasol past this year when his contract expires...

Yeah maybe, but I doubt anybody was offering anything of value for a hurt old big man who makes 19 mill a year.

Exactly someone will sign him next season to a good contract, but no one is going trade assets for him at this time

Ira Winderman said there should be a lot of activity in the next couple weeks with a lot of contracts being bought out and teams will then have a players to sign after march 1st

As a Suns fan I'm ecstatic that they didn't give up anything of value for Gasol, the net gain wouldn't have been noticeable come playoff time and they still have all those 1st rounders to play with in the offseason.

Would not have paid the world for Gasol but would have paid a real price. Think he fit the team very well. Post up, passing and big reinforcement on rebounding when current centers are struggling. When we play Memphis and the Spurs----

Would not have paid the world for Gasol but would have paid a real price. Think he fit the team very well. Post up, passing and big reinforcement on rebounding when current centers are struggling. When we play Memphis and the Spurs----

I think the suns would have a couple weeks back, but the most recent injury probably scared them off

Suns still have up to 4 (most likely 3) 1st rounders for next year to play with in the offseason, Pau wasn't going to make them favorites in a 1st round playoff series anyway. Glad they still have all the draft picks.

I think they kept Gasol, because he is one of the smartest big guys to ever play in this league. I would resign him to a three deal contract, no question in the summer. I don't get all the talks around Gasol, unless he expects some crazy high contract or something. He is amazingly good player, that has great chemistry with Kobe and stated his love for the franchise over and over again.
If he will sign 6 - 7 mill a season for 3 seasons, it would be good deal for the Lakers.

But, they got to fire D'Antoni... Please...

I think they kept Gasol, because he is one of the smartest big guys to ever play in this league. I would resign him to a three deal contract, no question in the summer. I don't get all the talks around Gasol, unless he expects some crazy high contract or something. He is amazingly good player, that has great chemistry with Kobe and stated his love for the franchise over and over again.
If he will sign 6 - 7 mill a season for 3 seasons, it would be good deal for the Lakers.

But, they got to fire D'Antoni... Please...

if they can get him for 6-7 mill sure, but someone is going to offer him more, prolly 10 for three years...He isn't giving the Lakers any type of discount either, guy has been on the trading block for the last 3 seasons

Back