NBA Trade deadline Feb. 20th discussion

@WojYahooNBA: With Sacramento deal and absorbing Hill into Disabled Player Exception, Nets payroll and tax would reach $210 million or so.

The Suns do not appear to be interested in acquiring Pau Gasol (groin) and the proposal is "dying quickly," according to NBA.com's David Aldridge.

The Suns are "looking at other stuff now" and it's likely due to the health concerns of Gasol. If the Suns are going to make a push, it doesn't make much sense to go after a player who is not healthy. They have enough assets to strike up a deal with almost any seller, so chances are Gasol won't be going anywhere. In case you missed it earlier, Gasol will not play on Wednesday night.

The New York Knicks are desperate to make an upgrade at point guard, and they apparently have interest in bringing back Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin, according to ESPN's Chad Ford on Grantland's Bill Simmons' podcast.

The Rockets are actively shopping Lin, according to Yahoo! Sports' Marc Spears, as the point guard is owed about $15 million next season due to the back-loaded contract he signed two offseasons ago. The cap hit for Lin is only about $8.37 million, but that $15 million actual payment is tough to swallow.

The Grizzlies are going after Harrison Barnes as they seek to upgrade their small forward spot, tweets Sam Amick of USA Today. The Warriors are looking for a quality backup big man, but Memphis will clearly have to give up more than Kosta Koufos to acquire Barnes, Amick notes (Twitter link). The Warriors have received a deluge of calls about their second-year small forward, but they’ve been unwilling to trade him unless they can get a marquee player in return, as Amick reported last week.

@WojYahooNBA: Golden State's Bazemore and Brooks are on the way to the Lakers as part of the Blake deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Lakers on full "i don't give a fuck" mode. Crosshairs set on 2014/2015. I'm actually pretty curious what the Lakers will pick if they by any chance land a top 3/4 spot in the draft.

Share from CBS Sports
@LakerNation RT @Dave_Shore: I've been told Dante Exum is in the stands sitting with Kobe's agent Rob Pelinka. Exum has begun his pre draft preps here...
Shared via CBS Sports

I like this trade. Blake is a great player, but he is old. Benzemore is a very nice pick. I really liked him last season, in the playoff.

Kobe + Sacre + Gasol + Benzemore + Hill those are the five players from this roster I would like to see on Lakers roster next season. I hope that Nash will retire.

WOW.

@WojYahooNBA: Philadelphia has traded Spencer Hawes to Cleveland, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

@WojYahooNBA: Philadelphia will receive two second round picks from Cavs for Hawes, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

I don't get this trade for both sides. Sixers will get two second round picks for a good player that at one point, half a league was chasing.
Cleveland lose two draft picks, for a player that has expiring contract, that should be backup center, once Varejao is healthy and that will take mnutes from Zeller (and possibly Tristan) - their young project.

I don't get this trade for both sides. Sixers will get two second round picks for a good player that at one point, half a league was chasing.
Cleveland lose two draft picks, for a player that has expiring contract, that should be backup center, once Varejao is healthy and that will take mnutes from Zeller (and possibly Tristan) - their young project.

cap space..

Wiz need to do something..........

The Wizards are reportedly in talks with the Cavaliers to acquire F Luol Deng, according to Marc Stein.

The Wiz getting Deng would likely be a tough blow to the owners of Trevor Ariza, while the Cavs could consider trying to play Tristan Thompson at SF, which would allow them start Anderson Varejao and Spencer Hawes together as a makeshift twin towers. Stein mentions that the Wizards were in the hunt for Deng during the NBA draft, as well.

The Bobcats have traded Ramon Sessions and Jeff Adrien to the Bucks for Gary Neal and Luke Ridnour.

CBSSports.com@CBSSports <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: static; float: none; margin-top: 0px;"> 1m</small>
The Wizards picked up Andre Miller in a three-team trade. The 76ers now have NINE second round picks. http://cbsprt.co/MillerWizards

Wizards send Jan Vesely to Denver and Eric Maynor plus two second-round picks to the Sixers in Andre Miller trade, sources confirm.

The Wizards get a reliable, veteran point guard to help with their playoff push and give them a spark offensively off the bench.

So true--

Sources say Nuggets now proceeding w/acquisition of Beno Udrih from Knicks for Jordan Hamilton. Why DEN needed third team for Eric Maynor

Spencer hawes was mailing it in on a new level...couldn't be on the team anymore....no one cares if you blow but try...

So it sounds like the C’s are sitting back and waiting for the deadline to play out, and if other teams want to come back to them right before 3 p.m. they’ll be waiting. If not, Ainge is A-OK waiting to make his splash this summer.
And so continues the waiting game…

10:05: a.m.: Celtics president Danny Ainge told 98.5 The Sports Hub this morning that the Celtics aren’t feeling pressured into making a move today, and he doesn’t think anything big will happen on the Celtics’ front.

As a Sixer homer and fan, I don't like the deal. I felt that they could have netted a better return from a contender. Hawes would be a great back up Big Man for for a contending team out west. The move was made, I believe, to free up time for 1st round pick Moultrie to get significant minutes now. He cost the Sixers a future 1st round pick, so they need to see if he can play. I'm excited to see him. Obviously, the move also makes the Sixers a worse team as they are in full tank mode.

Denver has traded Jordan Hamilton to Houston for Aaron Brooks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Rockets get the athletic wing player that they've wanted for the postseason, and Denver gets a capable backup for Ty Lawson.

MRI on Iman Shumpert's left knee has revealed a sprained MCL, league source says. Teams waiting to hear about this.

Per ESPN.com, nothing has changed in the talks between the Suns and Lakers regarding Pau Gasol.

Cleveland has still been pursuing a first-round pick for Luol Deng today, but no one will make that deal without a promise he'll re-sign.

As a Sixer homer and fan, I don't like the deal. I felt that they could have netted a better return from a contender. Hawes would be a great back up Big Man for for a contending team out west. The move was made, I believe, to free up time for 1st round pick Moultrie to get significant minutes now. He cost the Sixers a future 1st round pick, so they need to see if he can play. I'm excited to see him. Obviously, the move also makes the Sixers a worse team as they are in full tank mode.

I take back my comment above. Hinkie made a brilliant move and here's why:

When the Sixers drafted Moultrie in 2012, they sent a lottery-protected first-round pick to the Miami Heat in exchange. Since the Sixers will pick in the lottery this season, that first-round obligation will roll over to next season. If the Sixers pick in the lottery again, the Sixers would then have to pay the Heat two second-rounders instead of one first-rounder. The second-round picks would be paid in 2015 and 2016.

In essence, if they don’t make more moves and if they draft in the lottery next year, the Sixers just undid the Moultrie obligation.

After trading for Steve Blake, GSW shopping Jordan Crawford before the deadline, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Ken Berger@KBergCBSKeep in mind, Hill and Kaman both on expiring contracts and couldn't command 2nd-round picks. All you need to know about this deadline.

Less than an hour left before trade deadline is over, strong indications #Celtics will stand pat and look to make major moves this summer.

Shumpert's injury only expected to sideline him roughly seven to 10 days, so Clips taking renewed look at whether to go ahead with deal

Annual reminder: Teams on the phone at the deadline can stay on the phone past the deadline and still get something done. #FWIW

Lakers engaged in discussions with Philadelphia on Chris Kaman, according to sources

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine now
Knicks & Clippers, I'm told, have re-ignited serious discussions late this afternoon on deal headlined Shumpert/Collison. Talks as we speak

RT @WindhorstESPN : The Clippers have traded Antawn Jamison to the Atlanta Hawks, sources told ESPN

Back