NBA Draft Lottery

• Thread starter Thread starter LITTLEe
  • Start date Start date
L

LITTLEe

Anyone betting it?
I went to espn's draft simulator, hit it one time and it landed on the clippers who have a .5% chance to win.
That would have been a nice payout at 185 to 1

This will be rigged. There is no doubt in my mind Boston gets the 1 or 2 pick. The nba is hurting because the big market cities arent winning. No one cares to see Utah in the conf finals. If Isiah hadnt given away his lotto pick I would say the knicks would be destined to get it, then he could have traded Oden for Jason Terry. Good Luck to everyones team who sucked the previous year :cheers:

Something funky will happen. The team that will get screwed is Memphis somehow..lol

Hawks havent recovered from needing a pg and passing on Deron and Chris Paul to take Marvin Williams. They will get the 5 to 7 pick. Happens every year.And instead of taking Acie Law or Conley they will Take a bum like Sheldon, Childress or someone like that, and prolong the worst franchise currently in the nba.

Yeah, I'm excited for the Knicks pick. Oh, right, wait, that pick belongs to Chicago now.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Boston still hasn't recovered from 1997 and Timmy.

Interesting hypothetical story about that in the Sporting News this week, BAR.

Hawks havent recovered from needing a pg and passing on Deron and Chris Paul to take Marvin Williams. They will get the 5 to 7 pick. Happens every year.And instead of taking Acie Law or Conley they will Take a bum like Sheldon, Childress or someone like that, and prolong the worst franchise currently in the nba.

I don't think this is the place to be getting into a fight about the Hawks (Childress is good), but you're wrong about the Hawks pick. **IMPORTANT** (for those that don't know this) If the Hawks don't get a top 3 pick they lose it to the Suns, that will hurt everyone. So everyone should be cheering for the Hawks to move up.
I'm hoping for Oden and then, with their 11th pick, they do anything they can (trade up if need be) to get Conley ... they would automatically become legitimate in the Eastern Conference. Tomorrow could be like christmas morning for me, honestly, what could be better than knowing you're favorite team's future is set.
(I know noone cares about the following but humor me) PG- Conley, Lue, Speedy Claxton's corpse .. SG- All-Star Joe Johnson, Salim .. F- Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Josh Childress, Shelden Williams .. C- Oden, Pachulia. They'd be young as hell, but have an unreal amount of potential. Plus, there would be a huge chance of a bigtime trade.

I realize they barely have any chance of getting him, but wow, it would be awesome. I know there are people who argue about there being a lottery, but it feels really good having even a glimmer of hope right now. The Cavs hit the jackpot 4 years ago and look at them now.

Agree 100%

Who is the "genious" who came up with this ridiculous idea in the first place?! When is the NBA going to finally get rid of it?:confused:

Could you imagine if there wasn't a draft lottery? The Bucks, Celtics and Grizz would have been lucky to win 10 games combined

I don't think this is the place to be getting into a fight about the Hawks (Childress is good), but you're wrong about the Hawks pick. **IMPORTANT** (for those that don't know this) If the Hawks don't get a top 3 pick they lose it to the Suns, that will hurt everyone. So everyone should be cheering for the Hawks to move up.
I'm hoping for Oden and then, with their 11th pick, they do anything they can (trade up if need be) to get Conley ... they would automatically become legitimate in the Eastern Conference. Tomorrow could be like christmas morning for me, honestly, what could be better than knowing you're favorite team's future is set.
(I know noone cares about the following but humor me) PG- Conley, Lue, Speedy Claxton's corpse .. SG- All-Star Joe Johnson, Salim .. F- Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Josh Childress, Shelden Williams .. C- Oden, Pachulia. They'd be young as hell, but have an unreal amount of potential. Plus, there would be a huge chance of a bigtime trade.

I realize they barely have any chance of getting him, but wow, it would be awesome. I know there are people who argue about there being a lottery, but it feels really good having even a glimmer of hope right now. The Cavs hit the jackpot 4 years ago and look at them now.

I have relatives who live in Atlanta so I get to see them once in a while. But those comments are hilarious. I would take the Bobcats young roster over the hawks. I never said Childress sucked, I am just sayin that there are prob 50 to 70 sg/sf who are just as good as him if not better. They did have a lot of injuries last year. But they have 2 solid players, Joe and Josh Smith besides that they could get rid of the whole roster. :shake:

I don´t get it, Fondy. Why can´t the worst team have the No1 pick like in the NFL?

You need the draft lottery for obvious reasons. To make sure teams dont tank though, they should get rid of the disparity in ping pong balls. Every team gets the same amount. BTW if they didnt have the lottery how do you think the Spurs would look with Oden at the 5? or the Suns with Durant next to Stoudamire and Marion?

Thanks, LITTLEe. I thought, however, that by draft lottery we mean the procedure by which the non-playoff teams are ranked in reverse order of their regular season record and are assigned a certain amount of chances to get the No.1 pick. Then the lottery takes place, the winner picks first and the other two picks are being determined. How could the Spurs get Oden or Durant?

I have relatives who live in Atlanta so I get to see them once in a while. But those comments are hilarious. I would take the Bobcats young roster over the hawks. I never said Childress sucked, I am just sayin that there are prob 50 to 70 sg/sf who are just as good as him if not better. They did have a lot of injuries last year. But they have 2 solid players, Joe and Josh Smith besides that they could get rid of the whole roster. :shake:

Yea, Childress is no superstar, but he would be a great role player, and I obviously disagree about the Bobcats, but you and everyone else are forgetting about Marvin Williams he's only 20 YRS OLD!, he got hurt at the start of the season which set him back. I think they at least get their PG of the future in this draft, and hopefully they can do some trading if the draft doesn't work out (assuming the ownership problem is solved)

if the nba compared at all about their image they give the #1 pick to the garden.

So Felton, Wallace, Morrison, Oakafor and May are worst than Salim, Smith, Childress, Shelden, Joe Johnson (isnt young but ill add him), Childress??

Anyway here are the %'s
<TABLE class="tablehead widetable" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #000"><TD colSpan=4><CENTER>Teams and odds of winning lottery</CENTER></TD></TR><TR class=io-columnHeaders><TD>Team </TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>Lottery chances</TD><TD>Similar odds to...</TD></TR><TR><TD>Memphis</TD><TD>22-60</TD><TD>250 (25%)</TD><TD>"Heads" on consecutive coin flips</TD></TR><TR class=io-evenRow><TD>Boston</TD><TD>24-58</TD><TD>199 (19.9%)</TD><TD>Colts repeating as pro football champs*</TD></TR><TR><TD>Milwaukee</TD><TD>28-54</TD><TD>156 (15.6%)</TD><TD>Rolling a 7 with a pair of dice</TD></TR><TR class=io-evenRow><TD>Atlanta</TD><TD>30-52</TD><TD>119 (11.9%)</TD><TD>Americans becoming addicted to the Internet</TD></TR><TR><TD>Seattle</TD><TD>31-51</TD><TD>88 (8.8%)</TD><TD>Ravens or Bears win pro football championship*</TD></TR><TR class=io-evenRow><TD>Portland</TD><TD>32-50</TD><TD>53 (5.3%)</TD><TD>Getting two pairs in five-card draw poker</TD></TR><TR><TD>Minnesota</TD><TD>32-50</TD><TD>53 (5.3%)</TD><TD>Getting two pairs in five-card draw poker</TD></TR><TR class=io-evenRow><TD>Charlotte</TD><TD>33-49</TD><TD>19 (1.9%)</TD><TD>Bills or Vikings win pro football championship*</TD></TR><TR><TD>New York</TD><TD>33-49</TD><TD>19 (1.9%)</TD><TD>Bills or Vikings win pro football championship*</TD></TR><TR class=io-evenRow><TD>Sacramento</TD><TD>33-49</TD><TD>18 (1.8%)</TD><TD>Falcons win pro football championship*</TD></TR><TR><TD>Indiana</TD><TD>35-47</TD><TD>8 (0.8%)</TD><TD>Being audited by the IRS in 2006</TD></TR><TR class=io-evenRow><TD>Philadelphia</TD><TD>35-47</TD><TD>7 (0.7%)</TD><TD>Gaining admission to Harvard</TD></TR><TR><TD>New Orleans</TD><TD>39-43</TD><TD>6 (0.6%)</TD><TD>Having your appendix removed</TD></TR><TR class=io-evenRow><TD>L.A. Clippers</TD><TD>40-42</TD><TD>5 (0.5%)</TD><TD>Americans having their identity stolen</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

oden has played against one 7 footer. hibbert. yi has seen them in china and internationally for some time.

In international play, he averaged 13.5 points and 8 rebounds a game against the USA in two games, playing against Dwight Howard, Elton Brand, and Chris Bosh.

oden plays against butch, warren carter, joey dorsey, wayne chism, and sean pruitt.

idk... he looks like he could be really good in a few years. He has some good ball skills, range, pretty explosive.

So did Skitshvilli and Darko. Anyone can look good in an open gym. He has yet to play against even decent competition.

So did Skitshvilli and Darko. Anyone can look good in an open gym. He has yet to play against even decent competition.

you can find busts everywhere and players that come out of nowhere to become good. i'm not even arguing that point.

big 10 > international game?

Greece beat the US or whatver in the Olympics. How many of those guys made it to the nba.. Whats your point?:down:No the competition isn't good. Let me know how many guys in China can start on an NBA team much less make a roster.

no he didnt play. he just plays in his driveway and got noticed by a postal worker.

You said that hes played against good competition. I asked who. You said the Olympics, which I dont think he was even on that roster. Then I mentioned that Euro Ball doesnt compare to the NBA ball. See guys like arroyo or the kid from maryland who dominated the US in the Olympics. Do you want a guy who plays great in Euros Leagues or do you want a guy whos game translates to the NBA style of basketball? Im pretty sure this is the NBA DRAFT

I don´t get it, Fondy. Why can´t the worst team have the No1 pick like in the NFL?

Mainly money panos. In the NFL season tickets are almost always sold out ahead of time. In the NBA there is more games and more walk up customers who will purchase tickets at the end of the season the day of the game. If your team is choking away the season purposely losing (which some teams still do), the teams are going to have less fans in the stands causing the owner to lose money. By giving teams motivation that they can still get the top pick, they still play a bit harder than they would if they knew they'd get a top pick by tanking for sure.

Back