NBA Draft Discussion

Ryno14

Pretty much a regular
I know that we're in the midst of Conference Finals discussion, but I wanted to start this thread for those of us who are true degenerates and are considering making some bets on the lottery. Does anyone have anything they are liking? I am considering 'Lakers Top 3 Pick EV".

Any lottery bet is a -EV wager, just a heads up. The percentage odds of everything happening are very concrete, any wager you place will be paying for worse odds than the actual.

Obv lonzo will go to the Lakers. That scheme has been hatched for sometime. But, I don't think he is worthy of the 2nd pick. I'd say 4-5 range for him.

Obv lonzo will go to the Lakers. That scheme has been hatched for sometime. But, I don't think he is worthy of the 2nd pick. I'd say 4-5 range for him.
are the celtics drafting for need or best available? Does it cross their mind that they could draft and trade with Lakers for Ball?

wondering what's the best leverage here, feels like the mike trout situation in baseball where he pretty much told everyone he would only sign with the Angels and no one bothered as they probably weren't going to get compensated properly based on his comments. In this case, I feel Ball just wants to play and has said wherever he gets drafted he'd play but the lakers would be a dream come true, and his dad is the one that wants the Lakers that badly so you're not losing all the leverage in a trade.

I agree he's not a top 2

I'm terrible at college bb, but from what I read, Ball is a good fit for the Lakers and the other way around.
In general, as I understand, this should be a strong draft class. Is it so (in your opinion of course)?

Ya if Danny Ainge is smart he makes magic move up to 1 to take ball

Even though scouts all say Fultz is better

I'm terrible at college bb, but from what I read, Ball is a good fit for the Lakers and the other way around.
In general, as I understand, this should be a strong draft class. Is it so (in your opinion of course)?

I've seen people say best since 03

Didn't realize the Philly pick was the swap from sauce Castillo going to Philly from Sacramento that's hilarious

Didn't realize the Philly pick was the swap from sauce Castillo going to Philly from Sacramento that's hilarious

I had forgot about that too till a little bit ago.

Nik StauskasVerified account @NStauskas11 <small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 14h14 hours ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
</button>

Rain drop, drop top, we be converting on the pick swap. #ThanksSac
1f61c.png

250 replies3,624 retweets6,432 likes
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionReply" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 0px 2px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">Reply
</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionRetweet" data-modal="ProfileTweet-retweet" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 0px 2px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">Retweet
</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionFavorite" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 0px 2px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">

</button>

Even at 5 and 10 though even the king's can't fuck this up

Assuming Philly keeps the pick they go fox or monk

Jackson at 4 is easy

Kings should still get fox or monk and then someone like Collins or markkannen

Jackson will be best player in the draft.

And I love Fox.

Two teams are gonna be berry berry happy.

Ya Jackson is so enticing

I wonder what Philly could give to move up from 3 to 1

They need the guard, let the Celtics take Jackson

If I'm a laker I'm happy magic said they are looking to next summer to be free agent players

Trading the 2 pick for pg would be insane, he's going for free in a year and even though they don't have next year's pick. This next season is still all about the young guys playing 30-35 minutes a night

I don't even think it makes sense for Boston

Philly should be trying to trade down too for someone who wants Jackson if they want to go guard

Even if it's getting phoenix to blink and throw a sweetener

Should be a few draft night deals

I'm way higher on Tatum than I am Jackson. I think Tatum and Ball have the most upside. Ball's range is insane and his vision is off the charts. Vision and shooting are more important to me at this age than ability to drive/draw contact like Fultz did trailing double digits all season long.

Celtics have to pay IT $200 million this offseason? Can they possibly walk away from him and hit reboot if they lose this series? They still have the Nets pick next year which will definitely be top 4.

Bulls should swap picks with the C's and give up Butler and embrace a full rebuild. Although if I'm Chicago I want the pick next season, too or Brown thrown in. Jimmy Bucks at 18 million/year in today's NBA is insane.

The Celtics should definitely make a trade for a veteran, no fucking doubt about it. I like Tatum for them but im not sure if it makes sense to take him #1....

the nets set the celtics up for the next decade

Sixers 3 scenarios I am probably way off on....but thinking out loud about....
1. 3/oakafor/and later of 2018 phi/la pick for 1/zeller (salary dump?)
2. 3 for 5/10 and maybe something else from Sacramento? (Trade back for Fox or Monk)
3. Pick Jackson

Tonight mid-night is the deadline to withdraw from draft if not represented.

Any surprises?

UM's DJ Wilson stays in the draft. Apparently he has gotten a 1st round promise from Utah at pick #30.

.@Celtics Danny Ainge said Lonzo Ball has informed the Celtics that he will not work out for them prior to the #NBA draft.

Can't wait to see Lonzo get murked on next season. Will be awesome.

Also, Dubs -200 to win the Finals next season. Highest ever.

Sixers and Celtics in serious discussions to trading picks. Poor Fultz gonna be a sixer.

One my friends was on a red eye flight back from LA with Fultz on board.

It has to just be more than a 1/3 swap and next year's Lakers pick plus a 2021 1st that's protected, or I don't see it from Boston's side

76ers it's perfect they needed a guard

The Lakers have no incentive to tank next year and that pick could be in the 8-12 range?

Even if this has to mean Danny likes Jackson more

I won't be surprised now to see Suns/Celts swap 3/4...they work together and assume Celts get Gordon anyway

But what if Lakers take Josh at 2...Celts will have all kinds of leverage for Ball at 3. Doubt LAL pass on Ball but still, it opens up.

Think Suns either get Jackson or take Fox and continue playing a good college team for the near future

Make no mistake, I would love Lonzo in Phoenix. Don't care the periphery, just knew after the lotto it wasn't happening

I hope Celtics take Tatum.

If they sign Heyward and/or Griffin I would like to see them pick Fox (actually like Fox either way). I am happy with Jackson as an alternative. Fox is a starter on this team day 1 and depending on FA signings Jackson would be also.

I like Russell
He could still play 2 beside lonzo, and handle ball as well

Not worth it to Give him up to clear cap space, they could have moved mozgov next summer to clear cap space when he had 1 year left

I like Russell
He could still play 2 beside lonzo, and handle ball as well

Not worth it to Give him up to clear cap space, they could have moved mozgov next summer to clear cap space when he had 1 year left[/QUOTE

next year they try to move Deng, 1 each summer

Back