NBA Draft 2016 Chatter

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
Who cares about actual basketball games when you can talk about hypotheticals!

2016 First-Round Order

1. Philadelphia
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Boston (From Brooklyn)
4. Phoenix
5. Minnesota
6. New Orleans
7. Denver (From New York)
8. Sacramento
9. Toronto (From Denver via New York)
10. Milwaukee
11. Orlando
12. Utah
13. Phoenix (From Washington)
14. Chicago
15. Denver (From Houston)
16. Boston (From Dallas)
17. Memphis
18. Detroit
19. Denver (From Portland)
20. Indiana
21. Atlanta
22. Charlotte
23. Boston
24. Philadelphia (From Miami via Cleveland)
25. Los Angeles Clippers
26. Philadelphia (From Oklahoma City via Denver and Cleveland)
27. Toronto
28. Phoenix (From Cleveland via Boston)
29. San Antonio
30. Golden State

2016 Second-Round Order

31. Boston (From Philadelphia via Miami)
32. Los Angeles Lakers
33. Los Angeles Clippers (From Brooklyn)
34. Phoenix
35. Boston (From Minnesota via Phoenix)
36. Milwaukee (From New Orleans via Sacramento)
37. Houston (From New York via Sacramento and Portland)
38. Milwaukee
39. New Orleans (From Denver via Philadelphia)
40. New Orleans (From Sacramento)
41. Orlando
42. Utah
43. Houston
44. Atlanta (From Washington)
45. Boston (From Memphis via Dallas)
46. Dallas
47. Orlando (From Chicago)
48. Chicago (From Portland via Cleveland)
49. Detroit
50. Indiana
51. Boston (From Miami)
52. Utah (From Boston via Memphis)
53. Denver (From Charlotte via Oklahoma City)
54. Atlanta
55. Brooklyn (From Los Angeles Clippers)
56. Denver (From Oklahoma City)
57. Memphis (From Toronto)
58. Boston (From Cleveland)
59. Sacramento (From San Antonio)
60. Utah (From Golden State)

If you are Boston, wouldnt you be remotely interested in trading up to 1 from 3 to get Ben Simmons? Been thinking that they could easily do it if Philly is willing. All these mocks have them picking Dragan Bender as if they arent interested in winning now. Guess it depends on how NBA ready he is.

Also if Im Philly - I'd seriously consider Ingram over Simmons. What the F do you do with Simmons, Okafor, Noel, and Embiid? Someones gotta go in a trade since its seems they are intent on taking Simmons.

Lakers - are they really going to trade the 2 pick for a player that can help them win now? That's f'ing crazy.

Last edited:
ReNew, Simmons isn't a top pick. Great skill set but soft as hell. I don't see him being more than a borderline all-star at best. Looks like a 13-8-5 kinda statline. That's not bad, but no reason to reach.

If you are Boston, wouldnt you be remotely interested in trading up to 1 from 3 to get Ben Simmons? Been thinking that they could easily do it if Philly is willing. All these mocks have them picking Dragon Bender as if they arent interested in winning now. Guess it depends on how NBA ready he is.

Also if Im Philly - I'd seriously consider Ingram over Simmons. What the F do you do with Simmons, Okafor, Noel, and Embiid? Someones gotta go in a trade since its seems they are intent on taking Simmons.

Lakers - are they really going to trade the 2 pick for a player that can help them win now? That's f'ing crazy.

and philly has a forward in Europe that might be over this season.
take fucking Ingram please
use all 3 1st picks on guards, sixers have none

ReNew, Simmons isn't a top pick. Great skill set but soft as hell. I don't see him being more than a borderline all-star at best. Looks like a 13-8-5 kinda statline. That's not bad, but no reason to reach.

I guess I just see him as more of a fit in Bostons lineup. but I get your point. Tough watching him at LSU this past season.

Would love to see the stretch 4 from Croatia fall to the Suns, hopefully everyone goes in on Simmons/Ingram/Dunn in whatever order

Bender is TRASH!!!!
Can't shoot, can't defend - can't do anything really...
Huge potential, but he is 2-3 seasons away from becoming a bench player on a bad team...

and philly has a forward in Europe that might be over this season.
take fucking Ingram please
use all 3 1st picks on guards, sixers have none
Saric is a good player... can easily be a starter on a good team two years from now or maybe even less.

Buddy gonna be the star of this draft, unless the NBA gets rid of the 3-pointer.

I can see it now. Buddy and Dunn explode in the nba and philly drafts Simmons who ends up being a 30% shooter n soft

Buddy and Valentine gonna be the stars. Love both of their off the court /character aspects as well. Will be good for the NBA

Sixers take Simmons no doubt...play this year with embiid, Noel, jah and make sure joel can walk...then one of the three goes next year....I'd love for them to find a way to keep jah and joel, but not sure how they play together acc not sure Noel has any value......

I like ingram myself but not sure who he can defend....so have to take Simmons and hope coaching and supporting players were the issue at lsu......Sixers also need a pg on the draft and maybe trade another of their firsts for an over paid veteran pg who can come in and school the youth with Landry and another brand type vet....

What's the deal with PG? He going to be available? Maybe jah and lakers or Sixers pick next year could entice pacers? And maybe PG is intrigued by the joel, Simmons, saric base with nik and Covington off the bench.

Sixers take Simmons no doubt...play this year with embiid, Noel, jah and make sure joel can walk...then one of the three goes next year....I'd love for them to find a way to keep jah and joel, but not sure how they play together acc not sure Noel has any value......

I like ingram myself but not sure who he can defend....so have to take Simmons and hope coaching and supporting players were the issue at lsu......Sixers also need a pg on the draft and maybe trade another of their firsts for an over paid veteran pg who can come in and school the youth with Landry and another brand type vet....

mark jackson likes to say good offense beats good defense...
i rather have a guy that can fill it up like ingram than a guy who cant in simmons
i think its a lot easier to improve defense than learn how to shoot a jumper

Then you can't rip jah....beast on offense...defense (obviously) his issue too....can't even recall at this point if joel defends at all.

As a rule whatever mark Jackson says is usually terrible....

Then you can't rip jah....beast on offense...defense (obviously) his issue too....can't even recall at this point if joel defends at all.

As a rule whatever mark Jackson says is usually terrible....
Lol yeah I don't like mark Jackson

joel I think blocked shots in college

i am not ripping okafor, he is a 20 pt a game scorer. Hope he can board a bit more

2016 NBA Draft

It's on June 23rd. Who would you take? Ben Simmons will most likely be the #1 overall based on potential alone. He didn't have a great college career but has the tools to be a great player. I like what the dubs have done with their recent drafts, drafting guys who can shoot the ball: Curry, Klay, Barnes. I think teams should look at some pure shooters like a Buddy Hield or maybe a Jamal Murray. Hield I like cause he has 4 years college experience. But Murray only played 1 year and that's a small sample size.

Round 1

1. Philadelphia 76ers
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Boston Celtics (via Nets)
4. Phoenix Suns
5. Minnesota Timberwolves
6. New Orleans Pelicans
7. Denver Nuggets
8. Sacramento Kings
9. Toronto Raptors (via Knicks)
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Orlando Magic
12. Utah Jazz
13. Phoenix Suns (via Wizards)
14. Chicago Bulls15. Denver Nuggets (via Rockets)
16. Boston Celtics (via Mavericks)
17. Memphis Grizzlies
18. Detroit Pistons
19. Denver Nuggets (via Blazers)
20. Indiana Pacers
21. Atlanta Hawks
22. Charlotte Hornets
23. Boston Celtics
24. Philadelphia 76ers (via Heat/Cavaliers)
25. Los Angeles Clippers
26. Philadelphia 76ers (via Thunder/Nuggets/Cavaliers)
27. Toronto Raptors
28. Phoenix Suns (via Cavaliers/Celtics)
29. San Antonio Spurs
30. Golden State Warriors

It's all about needs. I'm a Suns fan, they need a stretch 4. Too many guards already and this draft seems guard heavy

I remember before he came back for his senior season seeing a couple mock drafts last year that had the Warriors taking Buddy Hield...thank goodness for the rest of the league that didn't happen. As is if Kevon Looney can recover from his hip injury he could become a player for them. Malcolm Brogdon sure looks like a Golden State(or Spurs) player though I think they draft a big man expecting to lose Ezeli.

I don't know how Sabonis isn't a top 10 pick.

[h=4]Who Gets Picked First - Bigs[/h][TABLE="class: tableOff, width: 550"]
<tbody style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); outline: none;">[TR="class: tr-LineDesc"]
[TD="class: team"]425 - Jakob Poeltl[/TD]
[TD="class: point-line, align: right"]
(+100)
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: tableOff, width: 550"]
<tbody style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); outline: none;">[TR="class: tr-LineDesc"]
[TD="class: team"]426 - Domantas Sabonis[/TD]
(+250)
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[TD="class: team"]427 - Deyonta Davis[/TD]
(+450)
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[TD="class: team"]428 - Henry Ellenson[/TD]
(+600)
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[TD="class: team"]429 - Skal Labissiere[/TD]
(+900)
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I've been thinking Boston would prefer Okafor over Noel, just for scoring ability. Okafor seems to be a better fit there. Though, I think Noel is the better player. Sixers prefer to trade Noel because he's rookie contract is closer to expiring. Noel is going to end up getting a very big contract and it will all be based on potential, which is always a risk.

I was about to post props yesterday and I accidentally deleted them
was going to post under sabonis and under Gary payton
but wow the juice jumped big time

brandon ingram !

yes-yes-o.gif

Back