Monday Discussion Thread

sorry late. All the lines moved with me except for berrios, no value anymore.

Cobb, berrios, wheeler, l.garcia

I still think berrios/jays a play with any plus money, not sure why cards favs here? Jays not exactly the kind of team I see Mikolas thriving against! Cards offense has looked much much better this past week+ but this feels like a spot and a pitcher they struggle to score runs against: weather way cooler all a sudden so ball not gonna carry tonight.

Garcia over 16.5 outs (5.2 innings) -120.. 1st time they have given me a out prop on a guy I wanted in a week or so! Cleveland still sporting a top 5 ops vs rhp but I havnt really seen that lately as right handed starting pitchers have been posting strong performances vs them lately, not so much w strikeouts but going deep into games with minimal damage against. Everything lines up for Garcia to have a strong outing, I expect he gets thru 6 innings without much trouble.

Wheeler ov 6.5 k’s -110., slow start to the season but he has been better of late and has posted 7 or more k’s in 4 straight. He stuck out 41 in 33.2 innings vs Braves last year. You do gotta get past the fact he hasn’t been great in this park but with all the swing and miss in Braves lineup I don’t think he has to throw a gem to hit this number. Even if he ran after 5 innings think that he enough, if he good he has the potential to punch out double digits.

so pirates are favs despite a starting pitcher who hasnt won a game since last august, before that he hadnt won a game since end of may last year! I actually like Brubaker more than lot of ppl do but tough to swallow a guy laying -130 who has won 2 games since may of last year!! Kuhl had been pitching really well up until getting shelled by san fran in his last 2 starts. Obviously pirates lineup a lot easier to navigate, id suspect he has a pretty good start vs his former team. there is the problem of Rockies sporting a 5-10 road record and that after they started 4-1 on the season! by my math that makes them 1-9 their last 10 road games. So we got a team who much worse on the road vs a pitcher who has won 2 games in his last 25 starts and he a fav! lol

so pirates are favs despite a starting pitcher who hasnt won a game since last august, before that he hadnt won a game since end of may last year! I actually like Brubaker more than lot of ppl do but tough to swallow a guy laying -130 who has won 2 games since may of last year!! Kuhl had been pitching really well up until getting shelled by san fran in his last 2 starts. Obviously pirates lineup a lot easier to navigate, id suspect he has a pretty good start vs his former team. there is the problem of Rockies sporting a 5-10 road record and that after they started 4-1 on the season! by my math that makes them 1-9 their last 10 road games. So we got a team who much worse on the road vs a pitcher who has won 2 games in his last 25 starts and he a fav! lol
So under?

Cards all a sudden got a little more balance to their lineup now that they brought Gorman up along with Donovan contributing. No longer is the lineup completely righty at least.

Back