Michigan cheating…

Don't know for sure, but as a Buckeye fan, this Central Michigan photo smells of a troll to me. In itself, it's hard to believe, but add to it M Go Blog's tweet response and it REALLY smells like a troll....

M Go Blog tweet paste:

yes, this is Stalions
no, Michigan didn't know
no, CMU didn't know
dude got a sideline pass, arrived in full CMU coaching gear, and snuck into the restricted area

Don't know for sure, but as a Buckeye fan, this Central Michigan photo smells of a troll to me. In itself, it's hard to believe, but add to it M Go Blog's tweet response and it REALLY smells like a troll....

M Go Blog tweet paste:

yes, this is Stalions
no, Michigan didn't know
no, CMU didn't know
dude got a sideline pass, arrived in full CMU coaching gear, and snuck into the restricted area
It’s beyond hard to believe. Like i couldn’t make this up if I tried. But it seems like it’s being confirmed everywhere as true even on Michigan’s side.

Sort of OT:

Harbaugh will be signing his new contract by the end of the week it looks like.

The President apparently wants it done immediately (two sources on this, fwiw).

This should get him to the highest paid in the BIG or very close.

Obviously, he could choose not to sign, but the key info here is the school is ready to get this done.

Their plan had been during this bye week all along.

------

On the other end, the drip drip coordinated leaks will continue for awhile. They played it well, keep the story going.

I'm so very interested in seeing the 30 for 30 on this Stallions cat. What a nut!

Go Blue.

-----

Carry on :)

It’s beyond hard to believe. Like i couldn’t make this up if I tried. But it seems like it’s being confirmed everywhere as true even on Michigan’s side.
Maybe I am being a bit cautious, but as of this exact moment, I don't think I have seen a 'strong' source attaching their name to this. None of the bigger name OSU sites have ran with it. Fansided's Scarlet and Game (who runs with out about anything) seems to have been the only one, but now it seems their story vanished from their site.

Maybe I am being a bit cautious, but as of this exact moment, I don't think I have seen a 'strong' source attaching their name to this. None of the bigger name OSU sites have ran with it. Fansided's Scarlet and Game (who runs with out about anything) seems to have been the only one, but now it seems their story vanished from their site.
Dan Dakich was tweeting about it last night.

If untrue I will gladly delete the post.

I'm not into the messgeboard rumor mill shit.

Dan Dakich was tweeting about it last night.

If untrue I will gladly delete the post.

I'm not into the messgeboard rumor mill shit.
No, I got ya....the story is everywhere. Jeremy Birmingham is one of the more respected OSU writers and he's jumped on it on Twitter at least.

Sort of OT:

Harbaugh will be signing his new contract by the end of the week it looks like.

The President apparently wants it done immediately (two sources on this, fwiw).

This should get him to the highest paid in the BIG or very close.

Obviously, he could choose not to sign, but the key info here is the school is ready to get this done.

Their plan had been during this bye week all along.

------

On the other end, the drip drip coordinated leaks will continue for awhile. They played it well, keep the story going.

I'm so very interested in seeing the 30 for 30 on this Stallions cat. What a nut!

Go Blue.

-----

Carry on :)
Who else in the Big Ten should even be close in salary to Harbaugh.

• The Athletic surveyed 50 FBS coaches and asked them to assess the seriousness of Michigan’s alleged actions, where it rates on the wide spectrum of dubious behavior in the sport, how they now view the Wolverines’ recent success and much more. More than a dozen head coaches offered their takes, as well as coordinators, assistants, analysts and staffers from all 10 FBS conferences. Coaches were granted anonymity in exchange for their candid responses.

• The Athletic asked coaches how they would rate Michigan’s alleged scheme of attending future opponents’ games to film and steal signals on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being not a big deal and 5 being very serious. Almost half of the coaches surveyed (46 percent) rated it a 5. The average score among the 50 coaches was 4.2. Only two ranked it below a 3.

• Ninety-four percent believe Michigan should be punished if there’s proof of off-campus opponent scouting to steal signals. Most agreed it’s a serious integrity issue for the Big Ten but struggled with determining a fitting punishment given a lack of recent precedent.

• “I think you should be fired for that stuff,” one Group of 5 head coach said. “Doing stuff like that where you violate all the ethics of sportsmanship, that’s horrible.”

• Few coaches went that far, but several did say they believe a postseason ban should be on the table. “Everyone is watching this,” one Mountain West defensive coordinator said. “A slap on the wrist and everyone will be doing it.”

• “The coaches in the conference are going to try to use it and make an example of Michigan,” one recent Big Ten assistant said. “That’s the problem. It’s the Big Ten and the Big Ten coaches that are saying ‘eff that.’ They’re gonna plead to the Big Ten: ‘I thought we’re the conference of integrity, sportsmanship, class and academic excellence.’ That’s really what’s gonna get ‘em.
  • Another longtime Big Ten staffer sees an immediate postseason ban as the only reasonable response. The staffer argued that, regardless of how the College Football Playoff committee treats this situation, new Big Ten commissioner Tony Petitti needs to step in for the good of the conference. “If you’re doing it — which they did — and you’re caught — which they were — and it’s explicitly against the rules — which it is — and everyone believes that to some degree it’s a competitive advantage, then they shouldn’t be able to play in the Big Ten title game,” he said. “The Big Ten owes 13 other programs the competitive balance and owes it to them to protect the sanctity of the conference. If that many programs have confirmed that he bought tickets specifically under his name, they can’t play in the Big Ten title game. There’s no gray area. It’s explicitly against the rules.”

• Seventy percent of the coaches surveyed are not convinced Harbaugh has plausible deniability. Among the 13 head coaches polled, eight do not believe Harbaugh has plausible deniability. To them, a staffer whose official role is working in the recruiting department being so involved with Wolverines coordinators on the sidelines during the game is a red flag.

• “I don’t believe (Harbaugh) organized or started it, but if some young guy comes up to me and says, ‘I’ve got all of their signals,’ well, I’m thinking, ‘I know you did something that you shouldn’t have,’” one Big Ten defensive coordinator said. “That’s on the coordinators. And if I’m the head coach and I’m watching one of my recruiting analysts have a constant flow of information with my coordinators during a game, I’m wondering what is going on there or I’m an idiot.”

• “Who paid for this?” wondered a Pac-12 head coach. “There’s no way this kid paid for it out of his own pocket. You can’t tell me Jim didn’t know. This is the same guy whose answers to the recruiting thing (allegations stemming from the COVID-19 dead period) was to say, ‘I don’t remember.’”
  • Seventy-four percent believe illegal signal stealing has played a role in Michigan’s rise. One coach pointed out that the Wolverines utilizing that intel to turn into a powerhouse again has also enabled them to recruit better, both with blue-chip high school recruits and transfers, now that the program is atop the Big Ten. “If this is all factually true, look at how their record changed since they started doing this,” said an AAC head coach. “It’s a hell of a coincidence, isn’t it?” said a Pac-12 quarterbacks coach with a chuckle.

• If Michigan’s staff went into games with impeccable but impermissibly gathered information on its opponents’ signals, just how valuable would that edge be? How can you quantify it? We asked coaches to attempt to put a number on it. Of those who ventured a guess, roughly half felt that the Wolverines’ edge was somewhere in the range of 3 to 7 points. The other half believed calling it a one-score difference wasn’t nearly enough.

• One Sun Belt head coach didn’t hesitate to say it could easily be a 20-point difference. A Big 12 analyst thinks it’s closer to a touchdown for the offense and another for the defense. It’s easy for them to let their imagination run wild about how many perfect calls for either side turned into easy points. More explosive plays and efficiency on offense. More tackles for loss and third-down stops on defense. In Michigan’s toughest games, it may have made a serious difference.

• In the past, the act of paying recruits and players was considered among the worst rule-breaking in college football. Now that we’ve entered the NIL era, what violations do coaches consider worse than in-person scouting? The average score was 7.4. It’s no surprise, though, that this rates highly for many coaches who were genuinely shocked by the details of the Wolverines’ scheme. “I’m trying to think of what else could be worse,” one Group of 5 head coach said. “It’s as low as you can go other than tampering (with players).”
  • For several coaches, that was the first offense that came to mind. Another Group of 5 head coach said he considers Michigan’s allegations a 6 relative to the far worse crime of tampering. “That’s rampant,” he said. “Calling players on your roster and offering ’em deals to transfer? That’s a 10.” Other violations that coaches and staff members suggested would be worse than off-campus signal stealing include the mistreatment of players, hacking opponents’ computer systems and point shaving and gambling on games.

• Two coaches interviewed offered a more specific allegation: coaches going into the locker room at halftime and watching film of the first half. That’s not a gray area. The NCAA prohibits the use of any game film, TV footage or computers for coaching purposes during games. “I know for a fact there are some head coaches that watch the film of the first half at halftime,” one SEC staffer said. “I would say it’s honestly on the same level, if not worse.” Both agreed that reviewing the tape provides a significant advantage for head coaches who call plays on offense.

• Since the NCAA’s investigation into Michigan began, one claim many have made is signal stealing is a common practice that everybody is doing. Perhaps that’s true, but only 17 coaches surveyed said their program has a staff member leading an effort to legally steal opponents’ signals. Many more acknowledged they’ll have graduate assistants or other low-level staffers watch TV copy during the week but said they are not seriously invested in the practice. Several head coaches surveyed said they view signal-stealing efforts as a waste of time and energy, with one adding that it would “f— me up” as a play caller if he tried to factor in that information. One Group of 5 head coach believes most coaches are “fanatical” about breaking down TV copy, especially for changing their own signals that were on broadcasts. During his tenure, he has had two different signal-stealing experts on staff.

• Among the coaches surveyed, 84 percent said they’d be in favor of coach-to-player communication technology. Some said they’ve been advocating for it for years. They’re tired of having to create and maintain these complex systems of signalers, signs, boards and curtains for play calling. Even the former signal stealers surveyed said they’d welcome change.

• Among the Group of 5 coaches, 14 of 19 surveyed supported coach-to-player communication technology while acknowledging that change could present challenges. One head coach questioned whether his conference peers would be willing to pay for it. Another anticipated it would be a budgetary strain if the communication systems require stadium infrastructure upgrades.

My question is whether the scandal has been a distraction that will keep UM from covering on Saturday.

M Go Blog tweet paste:

yes, this is Stalions
no, Michigan didn't know
no, CMU didn't know
I don’t get it. Why would a CMU coach be allowed on the sideline? Was it a CMU game? If so, how did the other coaches and staff not spot the impostor? If not, what the fuck?

I don’t get it. Why would a CMU coach be allowed on the sideline? Was it a CMU game? If so, how did the other coaches and staff not spot the impostor? If not, what the fuck?

It was CMU vs MSU. Stalions is a mich staffer, not a CMU coach.

CMU has several coaches (including HC Mclewain) who coached with harbaugh at michigan. Do the math.

Stalions was seen on the sidelines talking with other CMU coaches and had a sideline pass so clearly he was allowed to be there.

It was CMU vs MSU. Stalions is a mich staffer, not a CMU coach.

CMU has several coaches (including HC Mclewain) who coached with harbaugh at michigan. Do the math.

Stalions was seen on the sidelines talking with other CMU coaches and had a sideline pass so clearly he was allowed to be there.
So the CMU staff was complicit. Thanks.

Just has to…

Whatever you have to say to convince yourself. It’s a nothing burger witch hunt bra
any extreme opinion either way at this point is just the originator of the belief wanting to convince himself otherwise.

you say witch hunt, others say fire fire fire.

both are extremes.

we will see what happens.

the evidence will tell us.

who the hell under AARP age wears sunglasses at night.

i mean you cannot make this shit up.

what a trainwreck LOL

harbaugh got his asss kicked from 2015 thru 2019 and then welched out of the 2020 game.

he was desperate.

he cheated in multiple ways to get a competitive advantage.

this is not hard to figure out.

he is still an incredible head coach.

he just desperate in a way he never did at Univ of SD, Stanford, San Francisco Forty-Niners.

At UM after losing 5 straight years he just had to get any edge he could get, so he went for it.

UM stays alive in 2023.

2024 season? Jimmy is not their coach.

My .01.

“We knew they had a signal guy, this Navy Seal or something,” said one former Big Ten analyst (Stalions is a graduate of the Naval Academy and a retired captain of the Marine Corps). “We were very concerned about it. Our head coach was super concerned about it. … In 2021, (Michigan pass rushers) Aidan Hutchinson and (David) Ojabo had these hand signals for run/pass, but we figured that was legit. It got us into the mindset that they were looking for tips and tells. That isn’t a coincidence. We never would’ve guessed it was this deep.”

Another longtime Big Ten staffer sees an immediate postseason ban as the only reasonable response. The staffer argued that, regardless of how the College Football Playoff committee treats this situation, new Big Ten commissioner Tony Petitti needs to step in for the good of the conference.

“If you’re doing it — which they did — and you’re caught — which they were — and it’s explicitly against the rules — which it is — and everyone believes that to some degree it’s a competitive advantage, then they shouldn’t be able to play in the Big Ten title game,” he said. “The Big Ten owes 13 other programs the competitive balance and owes it to them to protect the sanctity of the conference. If that many programs have confirmed that he bought tickets specifically under his name, they can’t play in the Big Ten title game. There’s no gray area. It’s explicitly against the rules.”

The details of Michigan’s alleged signal-stealing scheme have a lot of people in the coaching world questioning whether it played a key role in that startling 180. Within the Big Ten, the Wolverines’ knack for getting great intel on opponents was already on the radar of rival coaching staffs.

“I think Michigan is really good at stealing your signals,” a Big Ten running backs coach told The Athletic in 2022 on the eve of the Michigan-Ohio State game. “They got our stuff early and they got us on both sides.”

Seventy-four percent believe illegal signal stealing has played a role in Michigan’s rise. One coach pointed out that the Wolverines utilizing that intel to turn into a powerhouse again has also enabled them to recruit better, both with blue-chip high school recruits and transfers, now that the program is atop the Big Ten.

i don't understand the "witch hunt" angle.

i don't think it is because harbaugh is on top of college football.

2021 georgia blew the doors off of them in the cfp semis.

2022 tcu made them look slow and tired.

is it because, as some of you are saying, harbaugh ruffles feathers?

if so, then there are basically two parties with the means, motive and oppty to go after him:

in no particular order:

- NCAA

- Buckeye Nation

• The Athletic surveyed 50 FBS coaches and asked them to assess the seriousness of Michigan’s alleged actions, where it rates on the wide spectrum of dubious behavior in the sport, how they now view the Wolverines’ recent success and much more. More than a dozen head coaches offered their takes, as well as coordinators, assistants, analysts and staffers from all 10 FBS conferences. Coaches were granted anonymity in exchange for their candid responses.

• The Athletic asked coaches how they would rate Michigan’s alleged scheme of attending future opponents’ games to film and steal signals on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being not a big deal and 5 being very serious. Almost half of the coaches surveyed (46 percent) rated it a 5. The average score among the 50 coaches was 4.2. Only two ranked it below a 3.

• Ninety-four percent believe Michigan should be punished if there’s proof of off-campus opponent scouting to steal signals. Most agreed it’s a serious integrity issue for the Big Ten but struggled with determining a fitting punishment given a lack of recent precedent.

• “I think you should be fired for that stuff,” one Group of 5 head coach said. “Doing stuff like that where you violate all the ethics of sportsmanship, that’s horrible.”

• Few coaches went that far, but several did say they believe a postseason ban should be on the table. “Everyone is watching this,” one Mountain West defensive coordinator said. “A slap on the wrist and everyone will be doing it.”

• “The coaches in the conference are going to try to use it and make an example of Michigan,” one recent Big Ten assistant said. “That’s the problem. It’s the Big Ten and the Big Ten coaches that are saying ‘eff that.’ They’re gonna plead to the Big Ten: ‘I thought we’re the conference of integrity, sportsmanship, class and academic excellence.’ That’s really what’s gonna get ‘em.
  • Another longtime Big Ten staffer sees an immediate postseason ban as the only reasonable response. The staffer argued that, regardless of how the College Football Playoff committee treats this situation, new Big Ten commissioner Tony Petitti needs to step in for the good of the conference. “If you’re doing it — which they did — and you’re caught — which they were — and it’s explicitly against the rules — which it is — and everyone believes that to some degree it’s a competitive advantage, then they shouldn’t be able to play in the Big Ten title game,” he said. “The Big Ten owes 13 other programs the competitive balance and owes it to them to protect the sanctity of the conference. If that many programs have confirmed that he bought tickets specifically under his name, they can’t play in the Big Ten title game. There’s no gray area. It’s explicitly against the rules.”

• Seventy percent of the coaches surveyed are not convinced Harbaugh has plausible deniability. Among the 13 head coaches polled, eight do not believe Harbaugh has plausible deniability. To them, a staffer whose official role is working in the recruiting department being so involved with Wolverines coordinators on the sidelines during the game is a red flag.

• “I don’t believe (Harbaugh) organized or started it, but if some young guy comes up to me and says, ‘I’ve got all of their signals,’ well, I’m thinking, ‘I know you did something that you shouldn’t have,’” one Big Ten defensive coordinator said. “That’s on the coordinators. And if I’m the head coach and I’m watching one of my recruiting analysts have a constant flow of information with my coordinators during a game, I’m wondering what is going on there or I’m an idiot.”

• “Who paid for this?” wondered a Pac-12 head coach. “There’s no way this kid paid for it out of his own pocket. You can’t tell me Jim didn’t know. This is the same guy whose answers to the recruiting thing (allegations stemming from the COVID-19 dead period) was to say, ‘I don’t remember.’”
  • Seventy-four percent believe illegal signal stealing has played a role in Michigan’s rise. One coach pointed out that the Wolverines utilizing that intel to turn into a powerhouse again has also enabled them to recruit better, both with blue-chip high school recruits and transfers, now that the program is atop the Big Ten. “If this is all factually true, look at how their record changed since they started doing this,” said an AAC head coach. “It’s a hell of a coincidence, isn’t it?” said a Pac-12 quarterbacks coach with a chuckle.

• If Michigan’s staff went into games with impeccable but impermissibly gathered information on its opponents’ signals, just how valuable would that edge be? How can you quantify it? We asked coaches to attempt to put a number on it. Of those who ventured a guess, roughly half felt that the Wolverines’ edge was somewhere in the range of 3 to 7 points. The other half believed calling it a one-score difference wasn’t nearly enough.

• One Sun Belt head coach didn’t hesitate to say it could easily be a 20-point difference. A Big 12 analyst thinks it’s closer to a touchdown for the offense and another for the defense. It’s easy for them to let their imagination run wild about how many perfect calls for either side turned into easy points. More explosive plays and efficiency on offense. More tackles for loss and third-down stops on defense. In Michigan’s toughest games, it may have made a serious difference.

• In the past, the act of paying recruits and players was considered among the worst rule-breaking in college football. Now that we’ve entered the NIL era, what violations do coaches consider worse than in-person scouting? The average score was 7.4. It’s no surprise, though, that this rates highly for many coaches who were genuinely shocked by the details of the Wolverines’ scheme. “I’m trying to think of what else could be worse,” one Group of 5 head coach said. “It’s as low as you can go other than tampering (with players).”
  • For several coaches, that was the first offense that came to mind. Another Group of 5 head coach said he considers Michigan’s allegations a 6 relative to the far worse crime of tampering. “That’s rampant,” he said. “Calling players on your roster and offering ’em deals to transfer? That’s a 10.” Other violations that coaches and staff members suggested would be worse than off-campus signal stealing include the mistreatment of players, hacking opponents’ computer systems and point shaving and gambling on games.

• Two coaches interviewed offered a more specific allegation: coaches going into the locker room at halftime and watching film of the first half. That’s not a gray area. The NCAA prohibits the use of any game film, TV footage or computers for coaching purposes during games. “I know for a fact there are some head coaches that watch the film of the first half at halftime,” one SEC staffer said. “I would say it’s honestly on the same level, if not worse.” Both agreed that reviewing the tape provides a significant advantage for head coaches who call plays on offense.

• Since the NCAA’s investigation into Michigan began, one claim many have made is signal stealing is a common practice that everybody is doing. Perhaps that’s true, but only 17 coaches surveyed said their program has a staff member leading an effort to legally steal opponents’ signals. Many more acknowledged they’ll have graduate assistants or other low-level staffers watch TV copy during the week but said they are not seriously invested in the practice. Several head coaches surveyed said they view signal-stealing efforts as a waste of time and energy, with one adding that it would “f— me up” as a play caller if he tried to factor in that information. One Group of 5 head coach believes most coaches are “fanatical” about breaking down TV copy, especially for changing their own signals that were on broadcasts. During his tenure, he has had two different signal-stealing experts on staff.

• Among the coaches surveyed, 84 percent said they’d be in favor of coach-to-player communication technology. Some said they’ve been advocating for it for years. They’re tired of having to create and maintain these complex systems of signalers, signs, boards and curtains for play calling. Even the former signal stealers surveyed said they’d welcome change.

• Among the Group of 5 coaches, 14 of 19 surveyed supported coach-to-player communication technology while acknowledging that change could present challenges. One head coach questioned whether his conference peers would be willing to pay for it. Another anticipated it would be a budgetary strain if the communication systems require stadium infrastructure upgrades.
This pretty much confirms that NCAA football coaches are pooooosies

From Post #210:

I thought we’re the conference of integrity, sportsmanship, class and academic excellence.

001.jpg

Keeps getting worse and worse. SMH
The vid on this now out.

if all of the recruiting violations from 2020 + the staffer Weiss from March and the underage stuff on his computer + the new one here about underage solicitation + Stalions stealing signs, does not all compute to LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL control than what does ?

Jimmy is making Pom Pom Pete Carroll look like an amateur in this regard !!

the shit going on right now reminds me of 1988-89 barry switzer running my sooners.

he had lost completely control of the program and idiots were getting in trouble left and right.

jimmy is looking like switzer 2.0

if all of the recruiting violations from 2020 + the staffer Weiss from March and the underage stuff on his computer + the new one here about underage solicitation + Stalions stealing signs, does not all compute to LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL control than what does ?

Jimmy is making Pom Pom Pete Carroll look like an amateur in this regard !!

the shit going on right now reminds me of 1988-89 barry switzer running my sooners.

he had lost completely control of the program and idiots were getting in trouble left and right.

jimmy is looking like switzer 2.0

lol if you say so

lol if you say so
those contrails coming off of planes flying at 30,000 feet above us are all chemicals right ?

meant to control us?

give us your side of the story instead of just screaming "witch hunt" !!!

harbaugh will not be the coach for the 2024 season.

watch.

those contrails coming off of planes flying at 30,000 feet above us are all chemicals right ?

meant to control us?

give us your side of the story instead of just screaming "witch hunt" !!!

harbaugh will not be the coach for the 2024 season.

watch.

Only hear of this story really on here. Sign stealing sounds like a comical topic. NCAA fears Jim - that’s a fact. And the NCAA is about as pathetic as our DOJ and you see what they do…

Only hear of this story really on here. Sign stealing sounds like a comical topic. NCAA fears Jim - that’s a fact. And the NCAA is about as pathetic as our DOJ and you see what they do…
they fear him so much that they did not investigate him until 2020 which was his 6th season at UM and he had been at stanfarce for multiple years in the late 2000's ??

jimmy is in major hot water but he will leave just like pete carroll did and the punishment will be left to the innocent players left on the squad.

Back