Michigan cheating…

Not a fan of anyone being from San Diego and now Las Vegas and going to small CA college. Never played football either - played basketball. I don't know and could easily be wrong but it seems to me it'd be real easy in football to know if someone is stealing your signs and knows what play you're going to run. Seems to me players would be able to tell that pretty quickly on the field, like you call a run play to the right and the defense shifts that way right before the snap. That happens a few times I think 90% of coaches are going to adjust/change up. So that to me is why this is close to a nothing burger i.e. I don't think Michigan didn't beat OSU the last two years because of it.

Had to change at least one WR every play. The one year I played football, another kid and I alternated every play at WR. He was really unathletic but I still felt bad that not one passing play was called all year with him in there.
I remember this shit. I had a soccer playing buddy they did this with, but shit he got a look here and there lol

Venables is a real pro at stealing signs. He doesn't need the advanced scouting and video bullshit. It can be done legally.

interesting that in baseball they lose their minds over a guy stealing signs from second base but in other sports we consider it okay.

Venables is a real pro at stealing signs. He doesn't need the advanced scouting and video bullshit. It can be done legally.

it did not work last year because OUr Sooner D was hot trash.

hopefully we can keep making opportunistic plays because we do not have the horses this year, yet again.

BAR, HUNT and Wolverine backers........

please do not shoot the messenger (me) but my tOSU diehard buddy says "we have rote evidence on our side. what evidence are your UM friends referencing?"

also...........a mention of CSAM (child sexual abuse material) found on some of the laptops/computers?

that last line, if true, very troubling obviously and takes a portion of this investigation a completely different and extremely dark direction.

this ish is getting fawkin crazy now.

my response to him was that we need to see the facts before shit like CSAM starts getting shared publicly. people, if wrongly convicted, have their names ruined for life over that type of reference.

however, if true (ala pete townshend, etc) it needs to be addressed with legal force.

BAR, HUNT and Wolverine backers........

please do not shoot the messenger (me) but my tOSU diehard buddy says "we have rote evidence on our side. what evidence are your UM friends referencing?"

also...........a mention of CSAM (child sexual abuse material) found on some of the laptops/computers?

that last line, if true, very troubling obviously and takes a portion of this investigation a completely different and extremely dark direction.

this ish is getting fawkin crazy now.

my response to him was that we need to see the facts before shit like CSAM starts getting shared publicly. people, if wrongly convicted, have their names ruined for life over that type of reference.

however, if true (ala pete townshend, etc) it needs to be addressed with legal force.

CSAM is just something thrown out there. Could be less, could be more. This was from staffer and former OC (thank god) Matt Weiss last spring. He was using university laptops and was fired immediately. The FBI has recently gotten involved because it has gone over state lines. I can say for certainty this was a 1 man job and swift action was taken. Nothing to do with the stuff going on now, completely separate.

Not sure what rote evidence anyone has. This is going to be a long investigation according to the insiders who are more in tune than the national guys IMO. More stuff definitely will be coming out about Connor Stalions though.

Insiders also are saying this will NOT AFFECT this season or future games this season. Sure, they may vacate the wins at a later date..but unless a team forfeits, Michigan is playing eeeeerybody.

Insiders also are saying this will NOT AFFECT this season or future games this season.
My unsolicited advice. Ignore all the message board insiders. Whether that be from the mich side or osu side. They're all full of shit and everyone is trying to cash in on this hoopla and pander to their subscribers.

The CSAM laptop stuff mentioned above was probably from an osu site and as far as i know it's nonsense.

Not a fan of anyone being from San Diego and now Las Vegas and going to small CA college. Never played football either - played basketball. I don't know and could easily be wrong but it seems to me it'd be real easy in football to know if someone is stealing your signs and knows what play you're going to run. Seems to me players would be able to tell that pretty quickly on the field, like you call a run play to the right and the defense shifts that way right before the snap. That happens a few times I think 90% of coaches are going to adjust/change up. So that to me is why this is close to a nothing burger i.e. I don't think Michigan didn't beat OSU the last two years because of it.
Not so easy to change your signals up on the fly. Especially when the opposing team has all of your adjustment calls and backup signals. I think it's alleged that mich had a budget to scout 8 of OSU's games this year? That's a lot of intel.

Last edited:
Do you feel that the accusations are baseless or is that you just don't like the rule?
that is the right question, i believe.

it does not matter what we feel about the investigation or the rule.

the fact is, if a 30 year known rule was broken, and as egregiously as alleged, then it is a problem.

to shut everyone up, UM can go out and beat the brakes off of Purdon't, Merry-land, Pun State and Buckeye Nation, and that will put this to bed at least for this season.

i have never really understood how vacating past wins is a punishment of any material value? so what if past wins are vacated? how exactly is that impacting the program TODAY?

not asking to be spoonfed - just throwing it out that i don't understand the wins vacating punishment. the games are done and over with LOL. it is just changing the record books.

My unsolicited advice. Ignore all the message board insiders. Whether that be from the mich side or osu side. They're all full of shit and everyone is trying to cash in on this hoopla and pander to their subscribers.

The CSAM laptop stuff mentioned above was probably from an osu site and as far as i know it's nonsense.
yes ignore insiders on BOTH sides and ALL sides

everyone seems to have an agenda, especially those wearing maize and blue and scarlet and gray.

Agree for the most part. I just meant compared to the national guys. In this day and age I never know what to believe anymore anyways.

interesting that in baseball they lose their minds over a guy stealing signs from second base but in other sports we consider it okay.

They “lose their shit” but it’s still 100% legal and everyone knows this and agrees regardless of how upset they got. You know what MLB did to combat this? They created pitchcom and now…no more sign stealing.

There are easy ways to solve this. Very simple and super fucking easy.

Not so easy to change your signals up on the fly. Especially when the opposing team has all of your adjustment calls and backup signals. I think it's alleged that mich had a budget to scout 8 of OSU's games this year? That's a lot of intel.

Or, you could huddle. THAT is super duper easy.

Or, you could huddle. THAT is super duper easy.
It's also super duper easy to just follow the rules and not cheat. It doesn’t require an extensive budget nor does it tie up invaluable time and resources that can be better utilized elsewhere. It’s the easiest option by far.

Whether or not you personally like the rule is irrelevant to the topic at hand. But I'm sure a worthwhile discussion for you to have at the appropriate time and place.

Last edited:
Now the hot rumor is Ohio State and Ryan Day hired his brother as a PI firm to investigate Michigan.

Can't make this shit up. This is wild.
So much for not running with “baseless”message board rumors lol. This Sam Webb guy is an absolute lunatic and the definition of someone pandering to his subscribers.

Im not really sure what the mich fanbase obsession is with finding out who snitched. What does it matter? Yall cheated after decades of pulling the holier than thou card and want to blame someone else for it.

The anger should be directed at the idiot coaching staff who attempted to pull off such a desperate and embarrassing scheme.

Last edited:
So much for not running with “baseless”message board rumors lol. This Sam Webb guy is an absolute lunatic and the definition of someone pandering to his subscribers.

Im not really sure what the mich fanbase obsession is with finding out who snitched. What does it matter? Yall cheated after decades of pulling the holier than thou card and want to blame someone else for it.

The anger should be directed at the idiot coaching staff who attempted to pull off such a desperate and embarrassing scheme.

It's still funny to me if true. The rivalry is DEEP.

Tell me Michigan did something really bad like poisoned the other team or at least sent a bunch of whores to the other teams players the night before and they might have something but going after them for sign stealing is laughable.

I consider myself a Michigan fan for the rest of this season due to this nonsense. Hopefully they blow out every opponent on the way to winning a championship and I especially hope they crush that scumbag coaching Ohio State.

Tell me Michigan did something really bad like poisoned the other team or at least sent a bunch of whores to the other teams players the night before and they might have something but going after them for sign stealing is laughable.
:holycow:

Hey I heard on the internet that ryan day is a pedophile! Get 'em!
very different situation than throwing out horrible allegations on the internet.

if the NCAA/B1G find tangible proof of video on UM coaching staff members' computers, it is a big problem, due to the compound effect of other things UM is and has been investigated for....

Harbaugh benefiting from society being sick and tired of these witchhunts. Mainstream media/radio theme even now is why do "they" have it so badly out for him?

I was referring to Hunt’s post about Day’s brother being responsible for the investigation. It’s completely asinine.
it could be true. not weird and asinine.

andrew cuomo allegations?

his brother chris cuomo hired a team to look into it and dig up dirt on the accusers.

family first, bud.

Harbaugh benefiting from society being sick and tired of these witchhunts. Mainstream media/radio theme even now is why do "they" have it so badly out for him?

people think they can get away with stuff now by just yelling "witch hunt".

OJ was yelling it 29 years ago after nearly decapitating two people.

I was referring to Hunt’s post about Day’s brother being responsible for the investigation. It’s completely asinine.
tonya harding's goon boyfriend taking out kerri's knee with a pipe circa 1984 ?

crazier things have happened bro.

the way jimmy has kicked ryan's ass the last two seasons by absolute demolitions both times, I would not put it past anyone associated with tOSU to go after UM with a PI.

I mean why not? it worked ! not technically yet but there is a ton of smoke and there has to be a fire in there. there just has to.

it could be true. not weird and asinine.
I read the original messageboard post where the rumor was started. The reasoning and "evidence" behind the report was completely asinine. Read it for yourself before you start lecturing me about it, thanks.

Right, that was a bad rule and this issue in Michigan I think is probably a bad rule too. Breaking rules should have consequences and if we or they or whomever doesn't like that they they should push to change the rule.

I mean none the rules matter cause there nobody to enforce them, I assume everyone does this in some fashion or another: the reason they don’t push to change it cause coach A goes to AD and says this a outrage they cheating, coach B says it no big deal it’s stupid rule, coach C says to his AD “why don’t we just get rid all the stupid signs and put earpiece in helmets”, Coach c Ad brings it up and outraged coach A tells his Ad “well the thing is we don’t want headsets cause we actually steal signs also”, “we are outraged tho!”.

i can’t wait till the ncaa gets the death penalty! As in sorry, you no longer needed, beg super hard and we won’t start our own basketball tourney without you!

As for the rest nobody other than “crazy fans” care, there no chance they would do anything that would effect one the biggest games of year or the playoff. Normal degenerate gambling fans don’t care who did or didn’t steal a sign since reasonable ppl know everyone steals signs, everyone does anything they can to gain any edge they can, if you can’t figure out how to call plays without the other team knowing what they are that a you problem, Ike I said in the 1st post if anyone cared they would have ear pieces instead of cardboard with 4 stupid pictures on it to call plays! But since everyone steals signs everyone makes up retarded reasons why they don’t have the earpiece in helmet!!

It would seem to me if yoi could tell a team actually knew the play you ran it be real easy to make them look really stupid. “Hey guys, it appears they knew the last play we ran, so we gonna give out a sign and run something totally different, that should put a end to this nonsense real quick!”.

tonya harding's goon boyfriend taking out kerri's knee with a pipe circa 1984 ?

crazier things have happened bro.

the way jimmy has kicked ryan's ass the last two seasons by absolute demolitions both times, I would not put it past anyone associated with tOSU to go after UM with a PI.

I mean why not? it worked ! not technically yet but there is a ton of smoke and there has to be a fire in there. there just has to.

Just has to…

Whatever you have to say to convince yourself. It’s a nothing burger witch hunt bra

Back