Michigan cheating…

Just FWIW from various posts I've read

There are many higher ups that want Harbaugh gone but don't want their fingerprints on it. Hence, the leak contents of Weiss' computer to the NCAA. That started the sign stealing stuff.
There is an ongoing investigation with Weiss. When that is concluded it'll come to light that his computer had gambling links/cookies and illegal access to OSU practice video/online system.

Like I said, take it for what's it's worth... Which may not be much!

Jimmy doesn’t fit in well with woke UM. That’s for sure

schools can get pretty good very quickly once they up their recruiting game.

ask tom osborne at nebraska and bill mccartney at colorado.

they went into the inner cities to get some "ballers" and they both won natties after that.

harbaugh went a different direction - he started cheating in 2020 in recruiting.

How do you cheat in recruiting? You can pay players now which everyone had already been doing for 30 years! I think it had something to do with contacting a kid during some arbitrary time it isn’t allowed? More nonsense. Kinda like Brady working out with his new wrs during covid.

Bottom line if you a fan of any perennial top 10-20 school the last 30-40 years talking bout “cheating” in recruiting is comical cause your school has given out plenty of bags full of cash! Handed over car keys, deeds to mommas house, etc etc etc.

Calling out “cheaters” if you a fan of any these top programs is pretty much the equivalent of all star caliber baseball players who didn’t get caught during the steroid era hsving the nerve to act appalled.

Or even legit clean players during that time pretending to feel cheated, every one of them at the very least benefited from teammates who did do it and they knew damn well they were!

Or the phony self righteous writers who now refusing to vote those guys into the HOF despite the fact they clearly belong in, the same corrupt hypocrites that kept their mouths shut when they knew damn well what was going on but the many stories we got thanks fo steroids helped their bottom line!! Now they all have the nerve to blast the guys who saved the game, funny how they didn’t grow a conscious till it became more lucrative to do so!! I was never in a locker room or saw any the things those disgusting “journalists” saw and i knew it was going on the entire time. Anyone who now acts shocked, appalled, says redic shit about those players ruining the integrity and innocence of the game. Reporters or dumb shit fans are either incredibly stupid or just hypocrites like the ppl “appalled” by Michigan “cheating” while their school has no doubt cheated plenty! If you seriously couldn’t tell a little 180 pound 2nd baseman comes back to spring training a yoked 205 and smashing 30 bombs after a career of 7 per season but you now call Barry bonds a cheater and don’t want any those guys in the HOF you either retarded or a huge hypocrite!

If your school has managed to compete with all the other top schools, have some championships, play in the biggest bowls every year, but now you won’t give this crap bout Harbaugh and Michigan a rest once again you either incredibly naive (that a nicer way of saying it then you deserve) or just a total hypocrite.

How do you cheat in recruiting? You can pay players now which everyone had already been doing for 30 years! I think it had something to do with contacting a kid during some arbitrary time it isn’t allowed? More nonsense. Kinda like Brady working out with his new wrs during covid.

Bottom line if you a fan of any perennial top 10-20 school the last 30-40 years talking bout “cheating” in recruiting is comical cause your school has given out plenty of bags full of cash! Handed over car keys, deeds to mommas house, etc etc etc.

Calling out “cheaters” if you a fan of any these top programs is pretty much the equivalent of all star caliber baseball players who didn’t get caught during the steroid era hsving the nerve to act appalled.

Or even legit clean players during that time pretending to feel cheated, every one of them at the very least benefited from teammates who did do it and they knew damn well they were!

Or the phony self righteous writers who now refusing to vote those guys into the HOF despite the fact they clearly belong in, the same corrupt hypocrites that kept their mouths shut when they knew damn well what was going on but the many stories we got thanks fo steroids helped their bottom line!! Now they all have the nerve to blast the guys who saved the game, funny how they didn’t grow a conscious till it became more lucrative to do so!! I was never in a locker room or saw any the things those disgusting “journalists” saw and i knew it was going on the entire time. Anyone who now acts shocked, appalled, says redic shit about those players ruining the integrity and innocence of the game. Reporters or dumb shit fans are either incredibly stupid or just hypocrites like the ppl “appalled” by Michigan “cheating” while their school has no doubt cheated plenty! If you seriously couldn’t tell a little 180 pound 2nd baseman comes back to spring training a yoked 205 and smashing 30 bombs after a career of 7 per season but you now call Barry bonds a cheater and don’t want any those guys in the HOF you either retarded or a huge hypocrite!

If your school has managed to compete with all the other top schools, have some championships, play in the biggest bowls every year, but now you won’t give this crap bout Harbaugh and Michigan a rest once again you either incredibly naive (that a nicer way of saying it then you deserve) or just a total hypocrite.

ask the NCAA how JH cheated in recruiting.

they are the ones who suspended him the first 3 games this season.

No, just pussy cancel culture
when someone does something wrong, they can always just blame "cancel culture".

allows for no accountability by the wrong-doer.

not a fan of that defense nor am i fan of all out cancel culture.

there has to be a sweet spot somewhere in the middle between those extremes.

The ncaa is the most useless do nothing frauds in sports. Can’t wait till they get kicked to the curb. They have no power, I was under the impression Harbaugh/Michigan suspended himself for 3 nothing games, basically throwing them a bone as In “will it make you clowns feel better if I sit out 3 ganes?” Take it or see what happens if you push for more.

The NCAA didn't suspend him. That was a self-imposed suspension, and if I'm remembering correctly, the NCAA told him, UM, and the B1G that it wasn't necessary as their investigation and punishment wouldn't be concluded/decided until 2024.

It had seemed like the NCAA had come to an agreement with Harbaugh and would impose a 4-game suspension on the head coach. However, the NCAA decided to move the case into the off-season in 2024. It was then assumed that Harbaugh would be on the sidelines for every game this 2023 season.

But there is yet another twist in the timeline.

The University of Michigan has now decided that they will self-impose a 3-game suspension on Harbaugh at the start of the 2023 season. Harbaugh will miss the first three home games of the season against East Carolina, UNLV, and Bowling Green. He will be able to return for the next game against Rutgers.

This case is not over after the 3-game suspension. The NCAA can still impose other penalties against Harbaugh which could impact the 2024 season for the Wolverines.

The NCAA didn't suspend him. That was a self-imposed suspension, and if I'm remembering correctly, the NCAA told him, UM, and the B1G that it wasn't necessary as their investigation and punishment wouldn't be concluded/decided until 2024.

It had seemed like the NCAA had come to an agreement with Harbaugh and would impose a 4-game suspension on the head coach. However, the NCAA decided to move the case into the off-season in 2024. It was then assumed that Harbaugh would be on the sidelines for every game this 2023 season.

But there is yet another twist in the timeline.

The University of Michigan has now decided that they will self-impose a 3-game suspension on Harbaugh at the start of the 2023 season. Harbaugh will miss the first three home games of the season against East Carolina, UNLV, and Bowling Green. He will be able to return for the next game against Rutgers.

This case is not over after the 3-game suspension. The NCAA can still impose other penalties against Harbaugh which could impact the 2024 season for the Wolverines.

UM could have self-imposed on this Signal Gate stuff, but did not, correct?

they rolled the dice and now (if if if the evidence that was leaked is true) they will face the wrath.............

let the investigation complete and then maybe you will change your mind...........
I don't give two flying fucks with the investigation

Today I'm watching horse racing. Nothing about this makes me remotely give a flyin' fuck about college football other than make me enjoy horses and soccer.

I can't wait to not watch CFB today and this contributes to why it's nothing more than WWE and soap to me.

Why would I care if Michigan or Ohio cheated? That has to be the most podunk shit in sport right now

BAR and HUNT and other UM guys what are you seeing now over the next several weeks?

Symbolic sitting out for Harbaugh vs Merry-land and Buckeye Nation ?

BAR and HUNT and other UM guys what are you seeing now over the next several weeks?

Symbolic sitting out for Harbaugh vs Merry-land and Buckeye Nation ?
Nothing much bud.

If/when the Big Ten decides to scrap due process and suspend -- UM has all their ducks in a row for the injunction.

The NCAA has awhile with their case, so we'll see in the off-season.

Obviously everything is fluid. The slow drip of info could have another chapter or two? We'll see.

They had to go on the offensive a bit now. Michigan has had a binder of other schools indiscretions for years now. They've let that be. No longer? We'll see.

I'm sure you know that sign stealing is legal. Most staffs have a sign stealer as an analyst. This isn't a hidden thing. We know OSU did as much in the Don Brown years. We now know that Illinois (with current Purdue HC Walters on staff) had everyone of Michigans signals last year in that nail biter...

Oh, that is the game Blake Corum for hurt.

Anyways, tip of iceberg.

As someone said, much like in the 1990s SEC, this can go forward in many ways and hurt the conference. Shall see what happens...

The interesting part of the rogue staffer on the CMU sidelines. A few different sources have corroborated that Stalions was there, but he wasn't there for Michigan.

Vast network is interesting, indeed.

The biggest thing though, I never thought I'd see a UM administration not be bitches and fight a fight. Stretch-gate in 2008-ish was the ultimate sit-down. That's just how that school has been forever. Santa Ono is a different breed.

There are a lot of rumors out there the last few days about what Michigan will do 'on the offensive '. We'll see. I just hope they are organized.

Things could potentially get pretty "spicy".

Two posts ago, I mentioned the contract. That's still close. The "new info" Friday put that on the back burner. It hasn't been pulled through.

All I got. Wednesday would be the day for anything interesting I believe and if that is a league suspension, then the courts will be involved.

The bigger thing is for the coaches and team to get ready for a few November playoff games here. Hopefully the kids stay focused.

You think sign stealing is that common and every team has an assistant working code?

I follow the SEC closest and I can’t remember any incidents like this or coaches bitching about it. Your post makes it sound very regular but it sounds extreme to me Reno

You think sign stealing is that common and every team has an assistant working code?

I follow the SEC closest and I can’t remember any incidents like this or coaches bitching about it. Your post makes it sound very regular but it sounds extreme to me Reno
Yeah, this is pretty common knowledge bud.

I don't think every team does, but many do and have specific analysts assigned to this.

Every comment I've seen "off the record" from SEC folk is a laugh and giggle about it. Maybe LSU needs one for that defense ;). Sigh stealing is not illegal at all. A lot of people don't understand this.

OSU had everything from Michigan in 2018 and 2019. That doesn't change outcomes of those games but that's common knowledge. Peak the Citrus Bowl vs Alabama and you'll see what UM had to do differently in order to take precautions against.

Last November, Illinois had everything for Michigan. The Wolverines figured that out finally. You can see JJ use the wrist band in the 2h of that game. Make sense?

These are just a few examples, fwiw. This is a very common thing.

The good thing about this? They will finally allow communication via the helmet (I believe the test run is the bowls this year?). The NCAA has been archaic on this issue.

Death penalty makes sense

As in put this whole thing to bed

God this is laughable

Yeah, this is pretty common knowledge bud.

I don't think every team does, but many do and have specific analysts assigned to this.

Every comment I've seen "off the record" from SEC folk is a laugh and giggle about it. Maybe LSU needs one for that defense ;). Sigh stealing is not illegal at all. A lot of people don't understand this.

OSU had everything from Michigan in 2018 and 2019. That doesn't change outcomes of those games but that's common knowledge. Peak the Citrus Bowl vs Alabama and you'll see what UM had to do differently in order to take precautions against.

Last November, Illinois had everything for Michigan. The Wolverines figured that out finally. You can see JJ use the wrist band in the 2h of that game. Make sense?

These are just a few examples, fwiw. This is a very common thing.

The good thing about this? They will finally allow communication via the helmet (I believe the test run is the bowls this year?). The NCAA has been archaic on this issue.
I know you can steal signs. It’s just hard for me to believe in the drama soap opera that’s the SEC I’ve never heard anything about it or never a scandal

legal to try and steal signs, unlike beisbol where they lose their minds over it if a guy at second tries to tip off the hitter that a curveball is coming.

what is Not Legal, is physically being at future opponents games and then on top of that, using technology to record the activity.

now if he had been writing in a notepad, that would have been even more obvious that something nefarious was going on because who the hell shows up to a game and jots notes on a pad?

Death penalty makes sense

As in put this whole thing to bed

God this is laughable
not laughable to 13 other schools in B1G

luckily for the 4 new schools arriving before next Fall,
UM and Harbaugh will be stymied a bit from their little scheme LOL

Again, I've been in this thread about 5% of the time but you have no idea what's actually going on.

Let that dust settle.

Don't read MSM media or "mouthpieces".

You're getting roped in, and don't have much of a clue about the big picture here.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. This has JUST started.

Treating football like it's life is literally the worst low a person can get to

This is so stupid

This is so stupid
The NCAA and conference have said the HC didn't know about it.

When all the facts are out -- then we'll be able to make a reasonable assumption about whether he should have known.

Again, don't live on this story with every Thamel tweet or misinformation from the WaPo.

I'll tell ya what, things could become REALLY interesting. The Big ten didn't want this, at all. The blood truce has been broken.

The NCAA and conference have said the HC didn't know about it.

When all the facts are out -- then we'll be able to make a reasonable assumption about whether he should have known.

Again, don't live on this story with every Thamel tweet or misinformation from the WaPo.

I'll tell ya what, things could become REALLY interesting. The Big ten didn't want this, at all. The blood truce has been broken.
The NCAA said there has not been any evidence that JH knew about it but that is different from stating he did not know.

Only JH and anyone he may have spoken to about this, would know.

I have UM and tOSU superfans in my friend's circle.

they cannot be 100% objective but again I don't believe you can either.

you are a Mich fan, My Dude.

we also have to take that into account when you post your thoughts, opinions, etc.

that said, I respect your opinion and thoughts significantly more than my fan buddies in my circle of either school, so that says a lot about the respect you have garnered around here.

cheers Man, the dust will settle but probably not for a while.

my prediction is that JH (for one reason or another) is not the UM coach in Fall 2024.

maybe thaaaaaaaa Raidahhhhhhssssssss

This is so stupid
it is fun to discuss.

yes, Ukraine-Russia and the Middle East conflict and so much more is the real stuff going on in the world, but sometimes it is good to have a distraction to all of these serious life and death issues going on in the world.

Reactions: KJ
Rutgers being one of them is absolutely NO surprise.

Those who talk like Shiano has are always hiding their own indiscretions.

Just like Walters and his mouth the other day (Illinois game last year).

Cracks me up .

I'm sure there are more ties, and there could be former UM staffers involved? Who knew.

Back