Jimmy Harden and the Houston Rockets....

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Are the biggest chokers in the league.

Their silly little system simply isn't going to win deep into the playoffs. They are the least creative offense I have ever seen in a close game late. Somehow this offensive juggernaut cannot score late in games or shotclocks.

Harden is one of the great offensive players in the league but he is so sloppy and he is a liability as a point guard at the end of games with his careless approach, lack of creativity and laziness in executing any sort of offense.

This isn't some conclusion I just came too, I have said this for awhile and in previous playoffs. The last guy I trust to win a series among the superstars is Harden and the last coach I want on the sidelines with his Mickey Mouse system is Mike Dantoni.

-Horrid defense

-Horrid rebounding

-Turnovers

-30 foot threes

-Shotclock violations

-Your "Small Forward" PG is good for 5-10 turnovers at any time out of pure sloppiness

Tonight, the other team had Balki, LM and some scraps out there in the overtime and yet you could do nothing. Once again, here is your participation trophy Houston Rockets. Fire the coach and start anew and build around your small forward James Harden.

Tough to build around Harden when he has as many flaws as he does, which you pointed out yourself.

Imagine if OKC hadn't decided to be cheap at the worst possible time. That 3 headed monster could have gone down in history. All of the dudes moving around the league to form these "super teams," and OKC had one in its fucking lap and chose to break it up.

Tough to build around Harden when he has as many flaws as he does, which you pointed out yourself.

Imagine if OKC hadn't decided to be cheap at the worst possible time. That 3 headed monster could have gone down in history. All of the dudes moving around the league to form these "super teams," and OKC had one in its fucking lap and chose to break it up.

I was a big fan of the Sonics/Thunder back then. I still don't see how that works with three guys that needed the ball in their hands a lot to succeed.

It would have been quite interesting to watch it grow though.

You said it

this coach with that guy is just a recipe for fail

i don't see how this is ever expected to win long term.....fun to watch, sure

champs?

never

One thing in his defense: playing a 7 man rotation for a game that goes into OT, fatigue had to play its part in what happened. But that only slightly ameliorates matters, it doesn't excuse them.

He had a better shooting % than any of the 3 other players who, along with himself, played 42+ minutes in that game.

Yeah, Jimmy was fatigued but still could have made better decisions.

Rox up 5 with 2 mins to go in the 4th and up 3 with 2 mins to go in OT.

This loss more on Mikey D but you don't want to rely on this combo to save your life.

7-man rotation is short but a good playoff team is going 8 deep with maybe a 9th option historically.

Harden played 38 minutes before overtime. They have played 9 games in about almost a month before tonight. There isn't a lot of fatigue. In fact he sat at least the first 5.5 mins or so of the 4th quarter. His bad play started just after halftime.

That last 6 minutes including ot

The harden shot wasnt even a good iso spot

Also with a spot shooter like he is, I think it was 32 seconds, you have to draw up a quick shot for the 2 for 1

Why is Harden dribbling the shot clock to under 5 before making a move? Kick it around to others see what happens then.

They've had struggles in crunch time all year, tough to feel comfortable in the half court with <10 seconds on the shot clock when it's antithetical to everything you do for the first 45 mins of a game. -- BTW, the Warriors have had the same kind of issues this season.

This is their first year committed to this system. They were second in the league in offense, a 55 win 3 seed and have gotten at least 6 playoff wins so far. This season is a giant success for them, especially when you consider they only have one star on the roster. Onward and upward for them moving forward, people slightly too eager to hate on D'Antoni imo.

Its ALL D'antoni. He ruins players fundamentals.

Ginobliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Why is Harden dribbling the shot clock to under 5 before making a move? Kick it around to others see what happens then.

This has been a thing all playoffs and at times during the season.

It is horrible offense.

When teams go away from 'what' works it is just mind-boggling.

To piggyback Raems statement,

We saw this from the Dubs at times last year and the year before in tighter situations in the playoffs. Think back to the blown 3-1 and how hard it was for them to get points 'at times'. That is why when people give them shit about Durant I do not like too. They needed a guy who was a bit bigger who could create on his own with the shot clock going down.

If the Rockets somehow come back after that last night and advance to the WCF's...remember that...

That and the #1 defense vs a defense somewhere in the 20's is the difference in these teams.

7-man rotation is short but a good playoff team is going 8 deep with maybe a 9th option historically.

Harden played 38 minutes before overtime. They have played 9 games in about almost a month before tonight. There isn't a lot of fatigue. In fact he sat at least the first 5.5 mins or so of the 4th quarter. His bad play started just after halftime.

Yeah, Harden wasn't fatigued (or shouldn't have been, at least). That sounds like some millennial excuse when something doesn't go your way. They're professional athletes who have played 9 games in the past 30 or so days. Give me a fucking break that they're tired/fatigued.

That was horrid to watch last night. The best game so far in the playoffs, besides the Memphis/Spurs series.

Harden holding the ball at the top until making a move with about 3 on the shot clock, getting annoying!

This team is either way too confident in hiding 3's only, but when you got a 4 on 1 break, you shoot a 3 ? Really. Not the point it was made, but % wise..

This is going to game 7 btw

Its ALL D'antoni. He ruins players fundamentals.

Ginobliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Harden, Beverley, Capela, Anderson have all had career years. Nene and Gordon have both risen from the dead, and Dekker/Harell both showed flashes. It certainly is partially attributable to good scouting, trainers and player dev, but for you to say D'Antoni has ruined players' fundamentals is incredibly biased.

This was supposed to be a .500 team in late October.

Harden, Beverley, Capela, Anderson have all had career years. Nene and Gordon have both risen from the dead, and Dekker/Harell both showed flashes. It certainly is partially attributable to good scouting, trainers and player dev, but for you to say D'Antoni has ruined players' fundamentals is incredibly biased.

This was supposed to be a .500 team in late October.

Right. It's not Dantoni.

The same people who want to blame him now were the ones fawning over how great of a job he did this season.

Mike deserves blame for last night's game but apart from that he had a pretty decent season.

In a tight contest and with the game on the line though, he'll get schooled by Pop every time.

What's the bet that after the game we're gonna hear about some undisclosed injury/issue that Jimmy has.

In order to lessen the backlash of course.

Alright, here's the play guys:. James you dribble around for 18 seconds then pass it around your back to Anderson for a 28 Ft three-pointer.

Might as well pull Harden. He doesn't deserve to be on floor anymore. Or make him play all 12 minutes of garbage time.

Spurs' Gregg Popovich will improve to 20-6 versus Rockets' Mike D'Antoni in playoffs. 5-0 in series. Never needed Game 7.

Jimmy quit, plain and simple.

Everyone blamed him for the Game 5 loss, he took notice and said fuck it in Game 6.

Yeah, it's not point shaving when you lose by 40. Evidently that league executive doesn't know what the phrase means.

Just routine for Jimmy in a big game. I doubt he is that upset knowing his nemesis was up next that made him look foolish all season. Dude prolly kicking back enjoying a cheesy steak as we speak.

Back