Jimmy Harden and the Houston Rockets....

You can't award the MVP to a quitter

Curious who's #1 pick if they were starting a team today wouldn't be Kawhi and he didn't even play last night. I'm sure there would be a couple Lebron people out there, but it's pretty obvious who the best player in the league is to me.

C_oKCZsVoAAVK0R.jpg
C_oKCZzV0AEfmrz.jpg

Kinda smart, what's the point in another series when you're gonna get smoked anyway. Party on Jim!

Harden, Beverley, Capela, Anderson have all had career years. Nene and Gordon have both risen from the dead, and Dekker/Harell both showed flashes. It certainly is partially attributable to good scouting, trainers and player dev, but for you to say D'Antoni has ruined players' fundamentals is incredibly biased.

This was supposed to be a .500 team in late October.

I really don't care about the regular season. When teams are all giving max effort and the pressure is on, that's when coaching really matters. I don't see what you guys see in D'antoni. His system is built for failure in the playoffs. The only reason he continues getting jobs is because the high octane offense sells tickets until fanbases get sick of it and management has to kick him out.

I wonder what went down after Game 5 to produce last nights disgusting effort.

That locker room must have been stank.

I wonder what went down after Game 5 to produce last nights disgusting effort.

That locker room must have been stank.

Harden basically said "oh you think I take too many shots, just wait until game 6.... its not like we are gonna win game 7 anyway"

I really don't care about the regular season. When teams are all giving max effort and the pressure is on, that's when coaching really matters. I don't see what you guys see in D'antoni. His system is built for failure in the playoffs. The only reason he continues getting jobs is because the high octane offense sells tickets until fanbases get sick of it and management has to kick him out.

You need to win in the regular season to get to the playoffs, so that's a silly comment. You give way too much credit/criticism to coaching, and love to have the players' backs no matter what. The players are at fault, not the coach...way more often than not.

Curious who's #1 pick if they were starting a team today wouldn't be Kawhi and he didn't even play last night. I'm sure there would be a couple Lebron people out there, but it's pretty obvious who the best player in the league is to me.

Yeah, Lebron is the best player in the league. If you're starting a team you probably go with Kawhi, simply because he's younger than Lebron.

You need to win in the regular season to get to the playoffs, so that's a silly comment. You give way too much credit/criticism to coaching, and love to have the players' backs no matter what. The players are at fault, not the coach...way more often than not.

Of course the players bear responsibility. The fighting that happened on the court after the game 5 loss needs to be addressed and put to rest by the coach. That clearly didn't happen.

Give me one NBA championship without a top eschelon head coach in the past 25 years

Give me one NBA championship without a top eschelon head coach in the past 25 years

I'll just use the Warriors as my counter point. They didn't miss a beat with Walton and haven't with Mike Brown (who is a horrible coach).

And the Celtics with Doc Rivers is your answer. Or even the Heat with Spoelstra. Do you need a few more?

Give me some championship teams that haven't won without an uber superstar and at least one other star on the team.

Mike brown is not a horrible coach. The Knicks should never have let him go. He's been the best coach for them since JVG

Mike brown is not a horrible coach. The Knicks should never have let him go. He's been the best coach for them since JVG

Well that's not saying much. Yes, he is a horrible coach.

I didn't even need Mike Brown for my point...and that is the only thing out of my post you focused on. I answered your question too. Then I posed one myself.

Roster > coaching in the NBA.

Ty Lue is case in point about winning a 'ship without a top 'echelon' coach.

Lol Lebron runs everything in the Cleveland franchise. Let's be real. He should make 100 million a year

Obviously you need good players to win. But good players don't win on their own. There are so many premadonnas in this league. Coaches need to be able to manage that.

Yeah but the point is the Cavs won a 'ship without a great head coach.

That's another one. The Celtics, the Heat, and the Cavs. How many championships total is that in the last 25 years?

Yes I know em but that's an exception. We have already talked about this. Lebron is actually underrated and won't be appreciated fully until he's gone

Mavericks? Why? Phenomenal coach.

This may be the ONE example in the past 25 years. Dirk is obviously an uber superstar...they didn't have any other star caliber players? Gonna look up the roster.

Yes I know em but that's an exception. We have already talked about this. Lebron is actually underrated and won't be appreciated fully until he's gone

Because the Eastern playoffs will finally be entertaining again?

No, that's not an exception. I've given you two other teams, and it's over a half dozen of the past 25 championship teams.

The exception is the Mavericks team to my question....maybe.

You don't think Spoelstra is a good coach? Lol ok

Good? Sure. Great? No. He's definitely a better coach than Mike Brown, which isn't saying much.

Tough to tell when he had the team he did. Do you think he'll ever sniff another coach of the year nomination?

Good? Sure. Great? No. He's definitely a better coach than Mike Brown, which isn't saying much.

Tough to tell when he had the team he did. Do you think he'll ever sniff another coach of the year nomination?

Coach of the year consideration is given out based on a lot of different variables. Very rare you get a coach winning it after winning it recently. The only reason he got it this year is because the heat started the season with A LOT of injuries. They didn't play their intended lineup until like a month into the season I think. That coupled with the tough schedule set up a great comeback story.

Winning rings in the NBA is 80% roster.

10% coaching and the other 10% is chemistry and culture.

When it all comes together it can be dominant.

Right now the Dubs have all the elements.

Cavs working on the chemistry part with all the mid-season additions.

Back