Is there a chance he'd take us back?

Birds needed that win given all the shit that was flying around, nice shot of mojo in the arm of Foles, who is a decent kid. I ain't mad at them for that, they've carried a grudge against TB since the NFC championship game from a few years back but they have to tank this season out the rest of the way for the love of all things Eagle...

I honestly don't know how they win though, even if they try. Poorly coached, extremely hobbled team on a short week off a 10 point 4th quarter comeback victory. God would hate the Birds if they win, worst thing ever for this team...

Lose = Andy further out the door and better draft spot.

Want worst team in the NFC honors this season.

GO BIRDS !!! Make it happen. 1 loss down, 2 to go...

I was thinking that these guys were thinking about the coach and the QB. I can never root against my team in the moment. In retrospect, I can always regret meaningless victories that cost me Andrew Luck or RGIII, for instance. But not when the season's in progress.

I was more upset with the Tampa win than I was any of the losses this year when I thought we might not completely suck ass

Scary to see how quickly the Birds went to shit in the 2nd half with turnovers, it was like a plague...

I'm with Smoke, there was a moment around halftime where I was legitimately worried we might find a way to win.

I'm not sold that we 'definitely' need a QB next year in only because what we're watching now is essentially an extended preseason for the offense next year. Really if Foles makes a mistake, as long as he learns from it, who cares. Brown is a backup who's actually somewhat impressive but who just needs to learn how to hold onto the football.

Get a new coach, a new system, let them have the offseason and let's see where we can go from there.

Can't judge foles game to game..
Lets give him time. Gunna have to give him next season too. I do not see any qb options better to rebuild with.

#EaglesTank

This.

Let's get somewhere around 6 or so in the draft. Maybe—MAYBE—we'll make a smart decision with the best player available or the best OL available or the best Smokedawg available ...

Everything I'm seeing shows that the monster LT from A&M will be available at 6. Too obvious though, right? Why take the best OL prospect in the draft when there are so many undersized DEs out there!!

what if you get the 4-6 pick and trade down for a later first and a second, try to get Manti Teo at like 11 or 12, and then a safety in the 2nd round. I know we need a safety badly, but fact is they just dont go in rd 1

yeah cuz getting a safety in the second round has worked so well

no way a new guy comes in here and trades down

wont happen

4.png
[h=6]Philadelphia Eagles[/h]Record: 4-9

phi.gif

Luke Joeckel*, OT, Texas A&M

The Eagles have major concerns along the offensive line, and also have a need at cornerback. The line situation will improve when C Jason Kelce and OTs Jason Peters andTodd Herremans return from injured reserve next season, but you could not fault Philadelphia for taking the best available offensive tackle. Joeckel is a smart, technically sound and tough player in the mold of Joe Thomas, and Joeckel started all 37 games at left tackle in his first three seasons with the Aggies. He could play right tackle opposite Peters and allow Herremans to move inside to guard.

1.png
[h=6]Kansas City Chiefs[/h]Record: 2-11

kan.gif

Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

This might turn out to be a simple case of bad luck for the Chiefs. They're a year too late to cash in on the Andrew Luck/Robert Griffin III bonanza, and there doesn't appear to be a 2013 quarterback prospect worthy of the No. 1 overall pick. I would have to think West Virginia's Geno Smith would be the choice over USC's Matt Barkley if the Chiefs go that direction, but at this point I think they go elsewhere. Kansas City already has spent first-round picks on the likes of Tyson Jackson and Dontari Poe, but needs a defensive tackle who can hold ground while also providing more pass-rush ability. Lotulelei will never be an elite pass-rusher, but he is strong against the run and has the quickness and power to collapse the pocket. He could become a mainstay in the middle and be good for five to seven sacks per year.

2.png
[h=6]Jacksonville Jaguars[/h]
Record: 2-11

jac.gif

Damontre Moore*, DE, Texas A&M

The Jaguars have a league-low 14 sacks this season. They signed the recently-releasedJason Babin as a Band-Aid, but even if Babin returns in 2013, upgrading the pass rush will be a huge priority. Moore can win with quickness or power, shows very good closing burst and is the kind of high-motor, high-character prospect the Jags are known to value. He also flashes the ability to hold the point against the run and has the versatility to line up in multiple spots.

3.png
[h=6]Oakland Raiders[/h]
Record: 3-10

oak.gif

Bjoern Werner*, DE, Florida State

The Raiders have managed only 17 sacks this season, and DEs Lamarr Houston (300 pounds) and Matt Shaughnessy (285 pounds) are unusually big. They would face a tough call between Werner and LSU DE Barkevious Mingo, who has a better natural skill set as a pass-rusher and would give the Raiders a lighter, faster edge rusher. However, Werner is the more consistent player and has a better all-around game.

4.png
[h=6]Philadelphia Eagles[/h]Record: 4-9

phi.gif

Luke Joeckel*, OT, Texas A&M

The Eagles have major concerns along the offensive line, and also have a need at cornerback. The line situation will improve when C Jason Kelce and OTs Jason Peters andTodd Herremans return from injured reserve next season, but you could not fault Philadelphia for taking the best available offensive tackle. Joeckel is a smart, technically sound and tough player in the mold of Joe Thomas, and Joeckel started all 37 games at left tackle in his first three seasons with the Aggies. He could play right tackle opposite Peters and allow Herremans to move inside to guard.

5.png
[h=6]Carolina Panthers[/h]Record: 4-9

car.gif

Johnathan Hankins*, DT, Ohio State

The Panthers are much stronger against the pass than the run, so upgrading at defensive tackle is a priority. Lotulelei would be a great pick if he were available. In this scenario, though, Hankins has the size and quickness to be the right fit as a disrupter in the middle of the defensive front.

<offer></offer>
6.png
[h=6]Tennessee Titans[/h]Record: 4-9

ten.gif

Barkevious Mingo*, DE, LSU

Tennessee ranks 26th in the NFL in pass defense and 21st in sacks with 27. Kamerion Wimbley has five sacks, but he will be 30 next season and the Titans need a younger, better version of Wimbley to start on the right side opposite Derrick Morgan. While Mingo isn't a finished product, he has the quick first step, speed and range to chase down quarterbacks.

7.png
[h=6]Detroit Lions[/h]Record: 4-9

det.gif

Dee Milliner*, CB, Alabama

A pass-rusher like Georgia's Jarvis Jones would be intriguing here, but corner is the Lions' biggest need and Milliner has the potential to be an immediate starter. He's not an elite cover corner but good enough to hold up in man coverage, and he is very good in zone. Milliner is also strong in run support, and simply a good all-around player.

8.png
[h=6]Arizona Cardinals[/h]Record: 4-9

ari.gif

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

There is still a lot of work to do on the top quarterbacks, but the question at this point is how high a team will reach for the top player a the position. It's easy to argue the Cardinals need a quarterback as badly as any team in the NFL right now, and when Smith is on, his mechanics, footwork and confidence make him an effective passer.

9.png
[h=6]San Diego Chargers[/h]Record: 5-8

sdg.gif

Taylor Lewan*, OT, Michigan

The Chargers must protect QB Philip Rivers better. They hope the healthy return of LT Jared Gaither will fill one spot, but they would still need a right tackle in that scenario and Lewan would fit the bill. He has the length to be effective in pass protection, and he's a tenacious run-blocker who gets under the skin of defenders.

10.png
[h=6]Cleveland Browns[/h]
Record: 5-8

cle.gif

Chance Warmack*, G, Alabama

This is not the sexiest pick and Browns fans probably would express some frustration initially, but Warmack is a flat-out stud who would instantly improve their offensive line. He is one of the best guards I've ever evaluated, an easy mover in pass protection who shows plenty of smarts and is also a nasty run-blocker. Cleveland RB Trent Richardson (a former teammate of Warmack) and QB Brandon Weeden would surely offer their stamps of approval.

i think don't think you will get a 2nd for moving down 4-5 spots in this draft

also Te'o screams bust in the NFL, he can't pass protect NFL speed

also Te'o screams bust in the NFL

This.

Also, am I the only one who looks at that draft list and thinks, "Who the hell are these guys?"

Down year?

Also, am I the only one who looks at that draft list and thinks, "Who the hell are these guys?"

Down year?

absolutely. The only two players in this years class that I think are worthy of a top 10 pick are Joeckel and Jarvis Jones. Geno Smith stinks out loud but the Chefs are going to feel pressured to take him because of Cornball Brother's success this season, Te'o is slow, the guy from Utah is good but not elite by any stretch, and the FSU DE is so unspectacular it's kind of alarming.

So we fire Reid, but keep Roseman?

Somewhere right now Smoke is getting stoned to the gills consoling himself that maybe, just maybe, Bill O'Brien is the next coach of the Birds.

Also, to JG's point, in a down year in the draft, always take the best OL available. Because there's always one or two really solid starters available at that position every year. Always.

Its a new day and I think that is sunshine I see poking through those dark clouds.....

I'm excited to be an Eagles fan again. :)

Wouldn't Smoke be conflicted if Bill O. jilted PSU for the Eagles? Would think the PSU side of him would be outraged, or at least disappointed. (Probably been covered, in this thread, or before the crash.)

he is on the radar and smokes all for it, according to twitter.

im thinkin a chip kelly/tajh boyd combo would be pretty nice

I've said all along OBrien is my number 1 guy

anyone that can make Matt McGloin into a competent QB is alright with me

(that's under the assumption he leaves PSU. Ideally he wouldn't, but if he does, I'd rather have in Philly than San Diego or Cleveland).

my list is:

1. O'Brien
2. Kelly
3. Gruden
4. McCoy
5. Gruden

you are better off bombing out with Foles next year and going for Bridgewater/Manziel

rebuild will take a few years anyway

you are better off bombing out with Foles next year and going for Bridgewater/Manziel

rebuild will take a few years anyway

If a team is relying on Manziel to be a savior, they've got serious issues. He's not going to be an NFL QB.

Chip Kelly's offense and attitude both interest me and frighten me. I have this feeling it will either be awesome or a total disaster.

lol saying wait on bridgewater/maziel over taj boyd, they all the same type of qb..
and no one is waiting on any of em..

i saw DLN interview with Lurie, pretty sure he is going at Chip Kelly.. He thinks the birds are the top team to land a gig with with all the coaching openings and I am sure he will let that "gold standard" thinking get in the way and he will pay top dollar...
good thing is I want Chip Kelly.. should be interesting

As much as I prefer OBrien, my best case scenario is Chip Kelly with BOB sticking it out at PSU because I agree with joe - it's either gonna revolutionize the NFL or be a complete disaster. And if its a complete disaster, then you go out and get OBrien in three years when he can leave Penn State without totally burying them in the process.

Back