Is there a chance he'd take us back?

One note of interest: in the likely event of an uncapped season in 2010, new rules will make Hobbs a restricted free agent, which means the Eagles are not in a position where they must offer a long term contract if they want to keep him beyond '09.

Ding, ding, ding.

Akers has gotta go.

You start picking on David Akers or Phil Dawson, you might as well be asking Joe to step outside.

That said, we may have drafted the coolest names in the draft in Macho Harris and Sam Swank.

Here's hoping they give Sam Swank the Koy Detmer treatment and pimp his wardrobe. That guy needs a white fur coat and matching Kangol like yesterday with a name like that.

The Cardinals have released 3 players today, and I think the Eagles could take a look at any of these guys: Travis Laboy, Edge James, and Rod Hood. I remember they liked Laboy when he was a free agent, and he's only 27. They could use another DE. James would be a 1-year add for a superbowl run, if McCoy isn't ready to step in this year and help Westbrook. Hood is a former Eagle, 27 years old. If Brown goes, Hood could fill in right away.

Funny that they released Hood. He was all puffy about how he was a starter and deserved starter's money. So the Birds said, have at it. And now . . .

I'd bring him back if they think we're thin there.

No thanks on Edge, I'm not convinced he's a team guy. Also, they busted Buckhalter's dealer so I'm not sure we could keep him in enough green.

Laboy is interesting. I think a couple of good LBs lost their jobs today. If I were the Eagles I'd look at Laboy, if I were the Browns I'd look at Larry Foote.

Giants Were Ready To Move Up For Maclin

Posted by Mike Florio on April 29, 2009, 9:38 a.m.
Some (i.e., me) believed before the draft that the Eagles and the Giants were playing chicken with each other regarding possible trades for Cardinals receiver Anquan <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_2_0">Boldin</nobr> and Browns receiver Braylon Edwards.
Neither seemed to be all that serious about trading for either player, but both likely were willing to feign interest in the hopes of getting the other to overspend, both via trade and contract.
As it turns out, a chess match unfolded between the Giants and the Eagles on draft day.
With Missouri receiver Jeremy Maclin plunging through the teens, the Giants had a deal in place to move from No. 29 to No. 20, according to Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger.
The trade with the Lions would have allowed the Giants to land Maclin one spot before the Eagles could have gotten him, at No. 21.
But then the Eagles moved from No. 21 to No. 19 in a trade with the Browns, and snagged Maclin before the Giants could leapfrog Philly.
It’s unknown whether the Eagles knew that the Giants were poised to pounce. But it likely should have been obvious that one of the various receiver-needy teams picking in the last dozen spots of round one might have been talking to the Lions at No. 20.
What also isn’t known is whether the Browns dangled the 19th overall pick to the Giants or other teams.
To their credit, the Eagles haven’t crowed about their maneuver. If Brad Childress were still the team’s offensive coordinator, however, that might not be the case.

read that a little bit earlier too smoke. very interesting all this talk coming out about maclin and how he was number one on 18 different teams draft boards is starting to make me feel really good about him. just needs to improve route running.

i also just heard on espn that when moreno was taken the birds were prepared to take vontae davis at 21 until maclin slipped that far.

read that a little bit earlier too smoke. very interesting all this talk coming out about maclin and how he was number one on 18 different teams draft boards is starting to make me feel really good about him. just needs to improve route running.

i also just heard on espn that when moreno was taken the birds were prepared to take vontae davis at 21 until maclin slipped that far.

Yeah I heard that Vontae Davis thing too...

Thank god for Al Davis...otherwise I woulda been one pissed off mofo if that went down...

read this and thought you guys would find it funny.

Phil Sheridan
Eagles building for Kolb era

By Phil Sheridan
Inquirer Sports Columnist
Let's say you're the coach of an NFL team and you have the final say on personnel matters (any resemblance to actual coaches is purely coincidental).
Now let's say your team went pretty far in the playoffs last year with an aging core of players, and your analysis is that a partial overhaul is necessary in the off-season (any resemblance to actual NFL teams, etc.).
Finally, for the sake of this exercise, let's say you have a veteran quarterback who has been very good for most of his career, but has had injuries and is prone to prolonged slumps. Let's say you also have a young quarterback you've been developing behind this veteran starter for a couple of years, and you believe he can play (any resemblance to actual signal-callers, etc.)
Here's where you, the hypothetical coach of the hypothetical team, must make a decision on this partial overhaul: Do you try to add impact players who can help the veteran quarterback win now? Or do you go with younger players who can develop along with the younger quarterback and be ready to peak when he does?
For the sake of the exercise, do you acquire established offensive stars such as tight end Tony Gonzalez and wide receivers Anquan Boldin, Chad Johnson, and Braylon Edwards? Or, knowing that it usually takes two or three years for an offensive player to bloom in your system, do you eschew the vets and draft a wide receiver, running back, and tight end in one weekend spree?
Take your time. There is no absolutely right answer. While you're weighing those options, let's consider Andy Reid's off-season from a slightly different perspective.
The story line that extends from the aftermath of the loss to Arizona in the NFC championship game to this weekend's minicamp in South Philadelphia has been whether Reid would get Donovan McNabb the weapons the veteran quarterback has lobbied for. The knee-jerk reaction to the Eagles' unprecedented splurge on offensive skill players in last week's draft (plus the investment in new offensive tackles) has been that Reid did just that.
Jeremy Maclin, LeSean McCoy, Cornelius Ingram? Look at all the shiny new toys McNabb will get to work with. Stacy Andrews and Jason Peters? Look at all the time McNabb will have to work with.
Before we submit our conspiracy theory, it must be said right up front that McNabb will be the Eagles' starting quarterback when the season starts. Barring injury, he will indeed line up behind that revamped line and distribute the ball to the best all-round set of offensive weapons he's ever had here.
The Eagles' off-season moves, as advertised, will give McNabb better weapons right away. But those moves will not give him the best possible array of weapons for this year - not if Gonzalez and even one of those receivers could have been had for roughly the same price.
Ask yourself this: If Reid was preparing his team for the Kevin Kolb era, what would he have done? The answer would look exactly like what he has done - recast the offensive line so that it's set for the next five years, add youth at receiver and running back so those players grow within the Eagles' offense, and let it all simmer while McNabb stirs for a season or so.
The point has to be stressed: McNabb and Brian Westbrook will be behind the line of scrimmage on first and 10 against Carolina on Sept. 13, barring injury. Reid is still hoping the new additions will help his mainstays win the NFC East title and make another run at that elusive Lombardi Trophy. And maybe they will. After all, the Eagles have been in the conference final five times on McNabb's watch.
But history under Reid shows that Maclin, McCoy and Ingram are more likely to be major factors in 2010 and beyond. DeSean Jackson's 2008 season is a glaring exception among Eagles offensive players in their rookie years in Reid's offense. McNabb might well be the quarterback in 2010, 2011 and 2012 - when this year's draft class is in full flower - but each passing year makes a transition more likely.
Kolb had several chances to play in 2008. He threw four interceptions and no touchdown passes in his last three appearances, so it was fair to wonder if Reid and his staff were still sold on the former second-round pick. Reid's true opinions are learned only through his actions, and he made no effort to acquire another quarterback to prepare for the post-McNabb era.
So Kolb it is. The only question left is, when?
Our hypothetical coach considered his options and went with building for the future. That won't hurt his hypothetical quarterback in the present, but will help the next guy a whole lot more.
Any resemblance to the Eagles, of course, is purely coincidental.

Yeah...i believe it...

You look at the roster now and it is young...

McNabb's 32, Westbrook's 29 and Sheldon's 30 but pretty much everyone else is 27 or younger

Jacksons 22, Maclins 20, Avant and Baskett are 26, McCoys 20, Andrews and Andrews are 26 and 27, Herremans is 26, Peters is 27, Nick Cole (who i think is the center over jackson) is 24

On defense Cole is 26, Abiamiri is 23, Bunkley, Patterson, Bradley, Gocong and Gaither are all 25, Demps is 23, Hansons 27...

Mikkel and Samuel are the old men of the group at 28...

This team should be good for a long time (assuming they ditch McNabb (which I dont think they should do anytime soon) for Kolb and he doesnt suck (which I think he does))

There've been a couple of really bad columns in the Philly press over the last few days. Beyond just the normal waste of column inches, and this is another one.

We all know this has everything to do with money. Boldin would have been expensive, Edwards would have been expensive. Tony Gonzalez has a year or two at best and there were TEs both in this year's draft and potentially even more in next year's.

And here's the kicker, Donovan is 32. That may be old for RB, but not for a QB. Elway, Farve, these guys played until they were 40. They were good well past 35.

The Birds are playing to be financially successful and that comes with playoff games. Any SB rings will be purely coincidental.

But to that point they know Donovan can get them to the playoffs, they don't know that about Kolb so there would be no reason to ditch Donovan unless he got far too pricey or completely fell off.

And, for the record, I agree with Smoke, I think Klob sucks. Not based on anything I've seen, just a projection. I think he's Kyle Boler at best.

Giants Were Ready To Move Up For Maclin

Posted by Mike Florio on April 29, 2009, 9:38 a.m.
Some (i.e., me) believed before the draft that the Eagles and the Giants were playing chicken with each other regarding possible trades for Cardinals receiver Anquan <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_2_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">Boldin</NOBR> and Browns receiver Braylon Edwards.
Neither seemed to be all that serious about trading for either player, but both likely were willing to feign interest in the hopes of getting the other to overspend, both via trade and contract.
As it turns out, a chess match unfolded between the Giants and the Eagles on draft day.
With Missouri receiver Jeremy Maclin plunging through the teens, the Giants had a deal in place to move from No. 29 to No. 20, according to Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger.
The trade with the Lions would have allowed the Giants to land Maclin one spot before the Eagles could have gotten him, at No. 21.
But then the Eagles moved from No. 21 to No. 19 in a trade with the Browns, and snagged Maclin before the Giants could leapfrog Philly.
It’s unknown whether the Eagles knew that the Giants were poised to pounce. But it likely should have been obvious that one of the various receiver-needy teams picking in the last dozen spots of round one might have been talking to the Lions at No. 20.
What also isn’t known is whether the Browns dangled the 19th overall pick to the Giants or other teams.
To their credit, the Eagles haven’t crowed about their maneuver. If Brad Childress were still the team’s offensive coordinator, however, that might not be the case.

ah, guess I missed this one in here... I responded to it in the other thread with Reeses' responses on the post draft press conference...

had heard this on tv, but hadn't seen the official link or source to it til now...

as much as I believe something was possibly going down, I think it was made a bigger deal than what it was... possibly a phone call was made, but I doubt the Giants would have given too much of an effort to go through with it...

The person, who requested anonymity because the Giants don't discuss war-room talks publicly, didn't divulge what was being offered to Detroit

funny how all these stories end up coming from anonymous sources who don't have much information to give anyway... plus the fact that it says the Giants don't discuss war-room talks publicly and yet we are to believe the potential trade is leaked out to Philly while the potential trade is going on allowing them to jump on it quicker... right.

The plan was nixed when the Eagles, probably sensing the Lions were shopping their pick, jumped up two spots to No. 19

oh never mind, it was their spider sense that gave it away to them... geez.. amazing how these stories unfold.

I do agree Maclin is the preferred player of the two for both teams, but I don't believe the giants were going to do anything to fight for him in any way. Moving up may have been something they considered for a second, but I don't think it was something they were going to put much effort in following through with... I could be wrong of course.

Funny, although I think the report of the Giants wanting to jump to this spot were true, I don't think they really wanted Maclin as much as they wanted another, bigger WR which is why I think the deal went as it did.

My total conjecture is this.

Maclin falls and both the Birds and Giants who need a WR see the value. It was kind of impossible not to. By this point in the draft the Giants have realized the Browns aren't coming off their demands for a 1st rounder for Braylon, they don't want Boldin, so their options are:

1. Jump ahead of Detroit and Philly to guarantee you get Maclin, great value at the spot, but smaller than you want at that position and you may have to pay too much to jump that far to get him.

2. Stay where you are and hope Nicks is there because he's got the size--and reportedly, the hands you want.

3. Wait, then jump up a couple of spots from where you are to make sure you get Nicks only that may be over-valuing the guy.

4. If, for some reason, both Maclin and Nicks are gone at 29, take Kenny Britt from Rutgers, good story, but possibly a reach.

Basically the question, for them, becomes, how much would you pay to make sure you got a guy who was smaller than you wanted at the position but who might be good value in the draft?

I think they got a little lucky Nicks fell to them, but I think--for what they want at that position, the Giants did the absolute right thing.

Oddly, I think this 'should' work out for the Eagles, too, but for the Giants' offense, Nicks should be a great fit (of course Manningham should have been a good fit, so we'll have to see).

I think Manningham can still be a good fit... I think with Plax and Amani gone, some of these other guys will have opportunities to step up... Even Barden (6'6 3rd round pick) will get an opportunity to show what he's got.

as for Braylon or Boldin.. I don't think it was the demands for the 1st round pick that was a sole deal breaker... I don't think the Giants wanted to pay what they wanted... 10 mil is alot...

The giants go for value picks in hopes of getting necessity along with it... Reese mentioned they had four players that they were considering for the 29th pick and Nicks was the only receiver of the four... I think he mentioned Rey Maualuga as possibly being one of those four as well. Either way, I'm happy with how things turned out with getting Nicks and I don't see how you guys can not be happy getting Mac. Hopefully it's a win-win.

as for Braylon or Boldin.. I don't think it was the demands for the 1st round pick that was a sole deal breaker... I don't think the Giants wanted to pay what they wanted... 10 mil is alot...

I agree. I think that was a huge part of it.

Funny, I really do think so much of it was context. I think the Giants wanted Braylon in part because he just torched them last year and, at the same time, didn't want to lock up a ton of money into a guy that's got ego issues because they need a WR right now precisely because of those problems. Any other team probably doesn't feel as strongly about either part of that equation.

I also think, again, Boldin just doesn't fit their system as well as a guy like Braylon does.

Personally, I always thought Manningham was going to be good, so I'm still very interested to see if he can succeed. But I do believe that 6'6" guy was a complete gamble, just like I believe the Birds totally rolled the dice on this WR out of Washington St.

You know, maybe they'll be good, but more than likely they're just long-shots--and who cares given where they took 'em. If they pan out it's a total bonus.

Also, for the record, I was hoping the Eagles would get Nicks for about two months now. I think he's got great hands and really good size. Just me, but I thought that was exactly what the Birds needed. My hope is they find a way to use Maclin so that size thing is less of an issue every down. I just wonder if he has the speed the Giants want. My personal feeling is it won't matter if he just plays to his potential and maximizes his other skills which seem to have a huge upside.

Which also brings up my constant wonder about how, when you have who I consider the greatest big WR in football history in your organization (Harold Carmichael), they can't teach someone like Hank Baskett to use their size better, particularly in the redzone.

McNabb will get extended soon. He'll be here another 4 years. I think this McCoy is more critical to their success. They've missed on a few RBs now. Westbrook might have another year left and that's it.

Eagles Saturday Minicamp Report
Posted by Mike Florio on May 2, 2009, 10:10 a.m.

Here’s a look at Friday’s festivities at the Eagles’ full-squad minicamp.

With RT Stacy Andrews still recovering from ACL surgery, Shawn Andrews lined up there at Friday’s practice.

And it might not be temporary; Stacy Andrew could end up being a very high-priced guard: “I’m going to give Shawn an opportunity at the right tackle spot,” coach Andy Reid said. “I know Stacy can go inside and compete with Nick [Cole].”

Shawn Andrews is happy about the move, saying it will “rejuvenate my career and just my all-around game. I think it’s going to be fun out there on the edge.” (In other words, “This is a way to get paid.”)

WR Kevin Curtis underwent a second procedure on his groin (insert cringe here) on April 15; he missed time last year following hernia surgery.

During seven-on-seven drills, rookie WR Jeremy Maclin beat CB Ellis Hobbs on a deep fade route.

Maclin is trying to address one area in which coaches have criticized him: “They say I glide,” Maclin said. “So I’m going to try and stop gliding. . . . I’m going to go full speed everywhere I go from now on.”

WR Reggie Brown wouldn’t say whether he asked for a trade.

Both QB Donovan McNabb and RB Brian Westbrook declined to talk to the media after Friday’s practice.

Undrafted rookie TE Ryan Purvis was going to participate in the minicamp on a tryout basis, but he left after ten minutes on the field because the Bucs signed him to a contract.

The Eagles have opted not to distribute the jersey numbers worn by Brian Dawkins (20), Tra Thomas (72), and Jon Runyan (69).

Trainer Rick Burkholder briefed the players on how to avoid getting swine flu. (E.g., don’t drink the bong water.)

Defensive coordinator Jim Johnson, who is battling melanoma, attended practice.

CB Jack Ikegwuonu is being called “Iguana” — and he hopes it doesn’t stick. (Maybe he prefers “The Xbox Bandit . . . Allegedly.”)

LG Todd Herremans is recovering from a knee cleanup, and reserve OG Max Jean-Gilles is recovering from ankle surgery.

Former S Brian Dawkins’ “two-stall” locker is now shared by Ellis Hobbs and Rashad Baker.

Ive totally come around on Maclin...

Hes not a DeSean clone (and even if he was, would it be the worst thing in the world to have 2 DeSeans??)

Hes got like 3 inches and 25 pounds on him

Just ordered my Maclin #18 jersey...

I love it, Smoke.

And I say this with nothing but love, mostly because I am, too. You are such a huge sucker for the Birds. It's awesome.

We just need to get him understanding routes and make sure he can take a hit, then we should be fine.

I also am glad they're smart enough not to have anybody wearing #20. They say they're not going to give that number out again, and that's the right thing.

Last, I hope he makes the team and sees time, because I want to use the term Iguana a LOT this year.

i head the eagles signed the guy who was LT and Sproles 3rd string rb in SD the last few years...i hear he is a potential sleeper but thats just what i hear i know nothing about teh guy.

anyone hear bout this or know anything bout this kid? is he gonna be better than Booker was last year?

Peter King loved the Eagles draft:

I didn't want to let the draft go away completely without telling you what I feel is the most underrated and unknown story of draft weekend. I didn't notice it until I started piecing together all the trades from Day 2 of the draft, starting with the Giants' deal with Philadelphia that allowed New York to pick wide receiver Ramses Barden with a choice in the middle of the third round. But the upshot of that trade, and four others within five hours, left the Eagles as the power players in the 2010 draft.

What would you think if I told you the Philadelphia Eagles got third-, fifth-, sixth- and seventh-round draft choices, plus half a starting cornerback for nothing in this year's draft?

That's right. For free. There is no smoke, mirrors or cheating involved. Only thought and effort.

For moving down six spots in the third round -- eventually taking a player they were considering for that 85th pick anyway -- the Eagles got filthy rich. I am shocked more teams don't run their draft the way the Eagles do. It s almost irresponsible that teams don't do it the Philadelphia way.

"Actually, I'm happy more teams don't,'' said Tom Heckert, the Eagles general manager. "If more teams did, we wouldn't be able to do what we do.''

This may come out the wrong way, so bear with me. But if I were a football fan looking for a team to root for, I'd pick the Eagles, and what they did on draft weekend is a big reason. The Eagles think. They don't do things the way they've always been done because that's the way they've always been done. For all the frustrations they've given their fans because they haven't won a championship in the 10-year Andy Reid Era, they've done what, as a fan, I'd like my team to do: They give their fans a chance every July at camp time to think they're going to make the playoffs and have a chance to contend for the Super Bowl. Isn't that what you want, as a fan? A chance, every year? What team every year in this decade has given you that chance? Philadelphia. New England. Indianapolis. Pittsburgh. The Giants, maybe.

But what the Eagles did on the second day of the draft -- still unnoticed eight days later; no one's said a word about it -- is one of the greatest feats of trading down and getting value for the future that I've ever seen. And I mean ever. They took the 85th pick and eventually turned it into four draft choices between the third and seventh rounds, plus half of the compensation paid to New England to acquire Ellis Hobbs, a Super Bowl XLII starting corner.

What Heckert and Reid did, in brief:

• Traded the 85th overall pick (third round) to the Giants for the 91st (third-round) and the 164th (fifth-round) picks.

• Traded the 91st pick to Seattle for the 137th (fifth-round), 213th (seventh-round) and the Seahawks' third-round pick in 2010.

• Traded the fifth-round pick acquired from Seattle plus the 141st pick (fifth-round, acquired from Cleveland) to New England for cornerback Hobbs.

• Traded the fifth-round pick acquired from the Giants to New Orleans for the 222nd pick (seventh-round), plus the Saints' fifth-round pick in 2010.

• Traded the seventh-round pick acquired from New Orleans to Indianapolis for the Colts' sixth-round pick in 2010.

• Used the seventh-round pick acquired from Seattle to pick running back Javarris Williams.

Let's go back to my original premise in this column: I said the Eagles got all that for free. I meant it. When the time to make the third-round pick (No. 85 overall) was approaching, the Eagles looked up on their draft board.

They had about 30 players graded very closely. Heckert told me if they'd been forced to pick the 25th player on the list, they'd have been fine, because these 30 players all had second- or third-round grades, so by the Eagles' system, even the 25th player on the list would be a solid third-rounder and worthy of a pick around then.

One of the players on the list of 30-some-odd prospects for the 85th pick when the board was put together was Cornelius Ingram, a 6-foot-5, 245-pound tight end from Florida who missed his senior year after suffering a knee injury in practice for the Gators last August. Now fully rehabbed, Ingram was "right at the top'' of the list of 30, Heckert told me.

Let me take you from the middle of the third round to the middle of the fifth, pick by Eagle pick, to see how they decided to keep moving down -- and the insurance they had to stop the moving-down madness if too many of their preferred players started going off the board.

At 85, and then again at 91, Philadelphia had so many players it wanted on the board that Heckert quick-dialed "almost every team in the league'' in the 80s, getting the Giants to move up six spots, then finding Seattle desperate for the 91st pick, which the 'Hawks would use on Penn State wide receiver Deon Butler. Heckert drove a hard bargain for this one, trading down 46 spots but picking up an extra seven this year and a three next year.

"Before the draft,'' he said, "we met as an organization, and we knew the 12 draft picks we had all would not make our team. So we agreed -- [owner] Jeff Lurie, [president] Joe Banner, Andy and me -- that we'd try to push for a few picks in next year's draft. First, we called everybody in the round without a pick, then just called everybody period. And finally we got [Seattle GM] Tim Ruskell to agree to a deal because he wanted Deon Butler.''

At 137, the Eagles still had about 10 of their gaggle of 30 picks left. And a veteran player appealed to them. They saw the Patriots take, and keep, two corners from the 2008 draft, and now, in the second round of this draft, they saw Bill Belichick take UConn cornerback Darius Butler. "We knew the Patriots signed Shawn Springs too, so we said, 'Let's try to get Ellis Hobbs from them.' We talked, Andy and Bill, and Bill didn't want to do it. But a while later we called again, and maybe they thought there was a chance they were going to lose him anyway. I don't know. But a starting cornerback for two fives -- we just couldn't turn that down.''

But now they really wanted Ingram. And the picks ticked by. The Packers at 145, Ravens at 149 and Texans at 152 were candidates to pick a tight end. Would they steal Ingram -- and would the Eagles have gambled too much and traded down one too many times to keep Ingram in their sights? Green Bay took a fullback. Baltimore picked a tight end, Davon Drew of East Carolina. Houston picked a tight end, James Casey of Rice.

The Eagles draft room exhaled. They picked Ingram.

Eleven picks later, without a guy on the board who surely would make their team, Philly flipped the pick to New Orleans for a seven and a 2010 fifth-rounder. And midway through the seventh, they dealt their choice to Indy for a 2010 sixth.

"We talk about it all the time -- if you deal a seventh for next year's sixth, then stay aggressive, eventually that seventh could become a first,'' Heckert said. "Even if it doesn't, and that's obviously a best-case scenario, it opens up so many possibilities to keep moving.''

I can't imagine a team that helped itself more on offense in April than Philadelphia. It got a left tackle of the future, Jason Peters, for first- and fifth-round picks in this draft, took speedy wideout Jeremy Maclin and pass-catching back LeSean McCoy and a good tight end risk in Ingram coming off injury. Next year, who knows what part of the team the churning of draft choices will help?

Honestly, I think the Pats are set up better than the Birds in next year's draft.

Yes, it's nice to have a lot of draft picks, but it's nicer to have a lot of twos and threes which is what the Pats have. We've got a lot of late round picks which are always long-shots.

That said, if we do trade Sheldon, that's what I expect them to go after, a 2nd next year.

I love it, Smoke.

And I say this with nothing but love, mostly because I am, too. You are such a huge sucker for the Birds. It's awesome.

:36_11_6::36_11_6:

I just listened to an interview with Cornelius Ingram on WIP and fell in man love with him. Best 5th round pick in the history of football.

Like a being in a f**king time warp. Crazy. Was still high on the Phillies winning the WS in 2009. Ah, the good ol' days. All downhill after that.

Gruden gonna be coaching the Birds next year. That is all...

It has gone pretty fucking downhill since then eh?

My coaching list is as follows:

1. Bill O'Brien (was asked point blank yesterday 'it's a yes or no question - will you be coaching penn state next year?'. He didn't say yes. If he doesn't go to the NFL next season, it'll happen within the next three years so seeing as he's gonna fuck penn state over, it might as well be to go to the Eagles. And oh yeah, he's a fucking amazing coach. I mean look at what he's done with Matt McGloin and a bunch of nobodies in state college)
2. Chip Kelly (I'm not sure his system will work in the NfL. But if it does, I wanna be the team that's running it)
3. Jon Gruden (always loved him)
4. Ray Horton
5. David shaw

Time to nuke this team up. Birds are dead to me right now. The game was there to be won today.

The Ass-ughma blown assignment and the hail mary Moss TD were two of the worst defensive plays I've seen all year.

Best thing is that should send Fat Andy into Cleveland and Gruden or Chip into the Delph.

Andy is only part of the problem, the bigger problem is that this team sucks. As I stated in 2012, everyone but McCoy should basically be cut

I'm pretty sure this whole CTG system shut down/reboot was orchestrated by Jump to wipe out any and all record of his shameful Andy Reid apologist act for the last 3 and a half years by the way....

Gurv ud get rid of maclin, jackson, ryans, kendricks, cox, etc?

no way. htere is talent here. ther are also giant glaring holes and zero heart. but you can build around some of these guys and be good in 2/3 years

Gurv ud get rid of maclin, jackson, ryans, kendricks, cox, etc?

no way. htere is talent here. ther are also giant glaring holes and zero heart. but you can build around some of these guys and be good in 2/3 years

This is my keep list:

McCoy
Peters
Cox
Ryans
DeSean
Kendricks
Herremans
Kelcee
Henery
Havili
Bryce Brown

Gots to go list:

Reid
Roseman
Mornigweg
Mudd
Washburn
Bowles
April
Asomugha
Babin
Bell
Dunlap
Watkins
Coleman
Allen

Im indifferent on DRC, Maclin, Celek, Foles, Jenkins, Cole and Mathis

I'm pretty sure this whole CTG system shut down/reboot was orchestrated by Jump to wipe out any and all record of his shameful Andy Reid apologist act for the last 3 and a half years by the way....

haha

it came back to the perfect spot too with the praising of the 09 draft

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/02/report-reid-thinks-he-could-coach-cowboys-next-year/

“I know a lot of people think Andy is going to San Diego next year, and I can see that happening,” the source told Eckel. “But I keep hearing Dallas. I think he can end up with the Cowboys. As a matter of fact, I think he will end up with the Cowboys, if Jason is fired.”
In other words, if the source is LaMonte: “Hey, Jeff Lurie. If you fire Andy, you’re going to have to deal with him twice a year. So maybe you’d better not fire him.”That probably won’t be enough to get Lurie to stop short of firing Reid. But, hey, it’s worth a try.

Good he can stay there after the game

Actually...scratch that...I'll drive him there after the giants game - don't want any interim coach coming in here, winning some games by some miracle and fucking up our draft position

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/02/report-reid-thinks-he-could-coach-cowboys-next-year/

“I know a lot of people think Andy is going to San Diego next year, and I can see that happening,” the source told Eckel. “But I keep hearing Dallas. I think he can end up with the Cowboys. As a matter of fact, I think he will end up with the Cowboys, if Jason is fired.”
In other words, if the source is LaMonte: “Hey, Jeff Lurie. If you fire Andy, you’re going to have to deal with him twice a year. So maybe you’d better not fire him.”That probably won’t be enough to get Lurie to stop short of firing Reid. But, hey, it’s worth a try.

God can you imagine the entertainment value? Jerry Jones, Fat Andy, Romosexual and Dez all in one training facility??? HBO execs are already pulling all nighters trying to figure out how they can get all-access coverage

Awesome, Andy just threw Washburn under the bus. Who's next when they lose to Bucs this Sunday? He'll never fire Marty so it might have to be a player. Asomugha? Kurt Coleman?

Do you think hes delusional enough to think he can convince Lurie that he should keep his job?

Just dont see the point of this move at this juncture....

Don't try to make sense of shit FA says or does, you'll end up more confused than you were to begin with

Back