Hulu's CFL 2019

1* MTL / OTT under 51.5 -110

I made this total 49.5, mostly because Ottawa's offence has been so anemic of late, averaging 16.5 ppg this year. In the last 10 weeks, they've only hit 20 once. Now I'm seeing a major storm hitting Ottawa on Friday with wind gusts up to 70km/h. Im not sure how much of that hangs around by gametime but it can't hurt. The ALs will be resting players too although I'm not sure at this point. I'm thinking this is a work-the-clock, grind it out kind of affair.

I made this total 49.5, mostly because Ottawa's offence has been so anemic of late, averaging 16.5 ppg this year. In the last 10 weeks, they've only hit 20 once. Now I'm seeing a major storm hitting Ottawa on Friday with wind gusts up to 70km/h. Im not sure how much of that hangs around by gametime but it can't hurt. The ALs will be resting players too although I'm not sure at this point. I'm thinking this is a work-the-clock, grind it out kind of affair.

Alouettes depth chart just came out. Several receivers sitting and I can’t imagine Adams Jr and Stanback play full games. Defense mostly in tact with a cpl exceptions. Bodes well for the under.

1572549318122.jpeg

Updated weather shows the worst of the storm will have passed by kickoff but some gusty winds will remain.

eta...the Redblacks get the heart of their defense back off the 6gm this week, S Antoine Pruneau. Also RB John Crockett which should make them more inclined to run now that they have an every down back in the fold again. All good stuff.

Last edited:
This is deeply concerning considering I have 3 units in Sask this week. It’s not uncommon for a player to get a vet rest day or personal day but those typically come early in the week, not now.
The line has moved in my favour so a buy-off is not out of the question. If you are considering a bet on sask and haven’t hit it yet, don’t until we know more. I’ll be monitoring the situation.

1.5* Saskatchewan -7.5 -110

With last weekend's results, the green riders have taken control of their own destiny and they are not about to let first place slip away, at home, against an Edmonton team with nothing to play for. Jason Maas today said that Trevor Harris will sit this game out and he will rest other starters as well. Logan Kilgore is still not a pro-level starting QB and this is a tough stadium to play in a big game. The home fans will be fired up. In Kilgore's 5 games, the Esks have only managed an avg of 19.2ppg.

Sask needs this win to lock up first place so they won't be resting anyone, at least to start. I doubt they will let up unless they are up big. They won't risk getting backdoor'd out of first place and will be motivated to win by multiple scores.

Ok I see the 10s disappearing so I’m buying off while I can. Coach Dickerson’s exact words were “we hope he can play”. Hope. Not ‘are confident’ but ‘hope’.
I’ll take Edmonton +10 and hope for a middle. Leaving the teaser as is since there’s no real way to buy off.

1.5* Edmonton +10 -110

1* Toronto +12.5 -110

With the news that the cats will finally rest some players this week including qb Dane Evans, this “will likely” be a much closer game than the line suggests. The Argos have been putting it together on offense over the latter half of the season and newcomer Chandler Worthy is a stud at WR. MacBeth has continued to throw for big yards while cutting down on the INTs. I think this game stays within 10.

Really like this bet now. Hamilton starting rookie Hayden Moore out of Cincinnati who hasn’t thrown a pass in a reg season game yet. Also resting more than half their starters on both sides of the ball.

Argos changing things up too but not to this degree.

1* Hamilton Team Total under 32.5 -120

Don't see the cats hitting 30 with this cast of characters...especially if David Watford sees time at QB behind Hayden Moore

Sask depth chart came out and Fajardo is listed as starter. But that doesn't mean much...he could easily be a GTD and could end up a scratch. Won't really know for sure until 60 mins before kickoff when final rosters are set.

Even if he does start...how healthy is he? Is he one throw or hit away from having to leave? I still think Sask wins this game even if he doesn't play a snap but wouldn't trust them to cover more than a TD without him. I still think buying off was the right call, especially with a 2.5pt middle opp.

Sask also missing DL Zack Evans and SLB Moncrief. DHB Luchiez Purifoy will move to the SAM and Elie Bouke will fill in the secondary.

For funsies...with Hamilton, Montreal and Edmonton mailing it in this week, we have some upset potential.

0.1* Parlay Ottawa/Sask/Toronto/Calgary +2970

Alright lets bring this unholy mess into one single post.

1.5* Saskatchewan -7.5 -110 - bet before Sask's QB went down
1.5* Edmonton +10 -110
- buy off Sask bet due to QB situation
1.5* Teaser Sask -2 / Calgary pk -120
1* Toronto +12.5 -110
1* Hamilton Team Total under 32.5 -120
0.1* Parlay Ottawa/Sask/Toronto/Calgary +2970

Last edited:
and believe it or not, there's still 2 more bets I may lay depending on how things play out over the next 24 hours

A source telling me Fajardo won't play today. News will be breaking any moment...

1* EDM / SSK under 48.5 -110
1* Saskatchewan Team Total under 29.5 -110

eta...going one unit on both now. This looks like a 20-13 kind of game to me.

Last edited:
Isaac Harker will start. When is the last time a QB from the Colorado School of Mines started a pro football game?

Harker's numbers in some spot duty this year... 21/33, 254 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT

Al Bradbury and crew officiating so we can expect at least 60 yards of nonsense penalties to help the offences today.

Sask -3 in the 2H might have value. Their defense may well get a score before this is over. I'm not sure the Esks score at all

Back