Friday July 26th MLB Discussion Thread

Obviously, the intriguing game to cap will be the one out in Anaheim after last nights marathon.

Yankees' starters have allowed 40 runs over their last 5 games.

According to Elias that is the most runs allowed in a 5-game span within a season since the 2008 Rangers

Last time the Yankees did this ... July 4-9, 1912

Padres 1st game back from a road trip, F5 and FG Under is combined (13-0-1)

vs Atl (0-3) Under 4.5 ... (3-5) Under 8.5
vs Stl (0-1) Under 5 ... (3-1) Under 9
vs Mil (2-0) Under 4.5 ... (2-0) Under 8
vs Mia (2-0) Under 3.5 ... (5-2) Push 7
vs Pitt (1-0) Under 4 ... (4-3) Under 7.5
vs LAD (3-0) Under 4 ... (3-4) Under 7.5
vs Col (1-2) Under 4 ... (2-5) Under 7.5

Yankees have allowed at least 19 runs in a game 13 times in franchise history … they are 8-4 in games following those contests, dropping the first 4 and winning each of the last 8

(since September 1928)

Teams record after 1 day off

Teams that it applies for today after having yesterday off

HOU,ATL,MIL,ARI, & SF

View attachment 41200

I like comparing trend records with overall records to measure their strength. So for Seattle this may not be a very strong trend. Its winning percentage is 30% in this situation which is only 10% lower than its overall win percentage. Thats a small difference whose significance one would need to look at additional things like strength of schedule (in the 13 games after day off vs overall) to verify. But for Atlanta which wins 58% of its games overall this seems to be a big trend even if one doesn‘t know any inside details like about their routine on a day off whether they all get wasted at a bar (lol) or whatever.

Texas looks like it cares again? I mean it didnt just eke by Oakland. That was too big of a win imo just to overlook.
Haven‘t looked into the match up tho...i mean, great, Texas cares lol.

Texas looks like it cares again? I mean it didnt just eke by Oakland. That was too big of a win imo just to overlook.
Haven‘t looked into the match up tho...i mean, great, Texas cares lol.
Current players are probably pissed that they're being major dealers at the deadline. I don't understand what they're trying to do over there. Woodward is an underrated up and coming manager too.

The only time Kikuchi has faced left-handed starters was his L3 starts and M's scored 2,3,3 losing all three games. Mariners are the most-profitable fade against lefties this season 21-9 SU +$1,067. Opposing teams have gone 13-8 SU vs Kikuchi and 17-3-1 to the over. I am playing Tigers -2½ +272 and Tigers Over 4½ +100.

Or there's more variance park to park on the road. Creating a less predictable, less consistent stat line than home.

My response was to a deleted post on Yelich and Bellinger's home/away splits being really skewed.

Back