First bet with many more expected

Have been avoiding Washington like the plague. Major homer ump. Cole good with that ump. Have to consider RL here

Short sample 13 innings Lively 2.08 ERA on 6+
Lyles real bad on 6
Going back 2 years but only 9 innings this year Miley fairly bad on 6+
Bauer 1-4 4.48 this year
4.15 ERA last year 17 innings
Gibson this year 6.75 ERA 21.1 innings
This stuff can change in last games but it is reasonably acurate

Last edited:
Double screw up. Much 2 little on Yanks and yes the Cubs are nailing them but no real idea how much power this Cub line up had or how much I could trust Quintana. Any neutral ump and I would have put something on it

Harvey on 5 9.24 12.2 innings. Not a done deal but its not looking good for this side

SF over. Stratton no bed of roses and Padres probably in raving mode.
Pelfrey seems obviously unplayable.
Odorizza good current form.

I can not rule out Oakland but not playing it. Perez good home history and the right direction for ump so just forget that one

Pretty sure Arizona wins SU giving Greinke 1 more win but need to do some reading. Over could easily be right

Debated a first half under in Washington. Major under ref, both pitcher do well with but Cole on back to back 5's and 3 in 4

Ump in KC Greinke has not done well with him. Very short sample Kennedy has. He is not a homer and this year has not liked home dogs

In todays Yankee Toronto game there is a lot of information pointing to Toronto. NY is 17-7 on Saturday. Thinking about this

This season Lance on 5. 2-2 6.23 based on 39 innings. In his last start he clearly had almot nothing

The sad thing here is I am actually afraid to bet Boston. On the Yankee game looking at the over but may stay off entirely. It seems imposible to bet against as good a home team as the Yanks but all Garcia's splits are seriously terrible.
0-4 on 5 ERA 6.57 ERA terrible history with ump. Baseball ref shows over 12 ERA but I suspect their info is wrong since Covers shows 2 games and they are showing a little over 4 innings. Both pitchers actually have bad history with the ump but Stroman is just better.

Last edited:
Brief Padres at SF
Cain is retiring. He has over a 8 ERA in the day. For a long time he has stunk at 6+ He has very good history with the Ref. Days favor Padres.
Chacin has played very well at the site. Chacin this season has been poor at 6+ but last year .90 ERA in the spot he has decent history with the ref.
I suspect Cain in his last start will do well despite this. I do not know it. I made the line Padres minus 25. Just a light bet.

Getting the feeling no one is here. Lean Cardinals. Feel Lester is way over valued but wins anyway. If I played Tailion today it might have value because he is on best rest but unlikely to do s because the guy invented inconsistency. Later

Losing some interest in Cards but they may win on power. Weaver on bad rest and wrong catcher.
8 ERA with this catcher and much worse on 4

A little confused. In the Cleveland game Covers shows Kluber losing 3 games with ump for tonight. Baseball- Reference shows 8 innings 1.13 ERA.
No swing on which is right.

Nothing bet yet but Oakland likely.
Hamels is on 4 his worst and he has been much better on the road. Can he grab himself and win. Maybe. Just not worth the price.
Oakland better in the day and much better on Sunday with a starter in good form

If interested If I had to guess in Houston at Boston I would pick Houston but the game really seems stupid to bet with a below average lineup for Houston and who knows how long McHugh pitches

under 8.5 even in Yank game.
A great deal of fire power out from Yankee team
Danley a convincing under for at leat the last 2 years
Anderson's splits seem good although his history bad with Yanks. Maybe Toronto if so small but Yanks seem to have little interest here

Some leans
Miami is one. Sorry but this team loves its home and Urena on a hugh bounce back.
Colorado not understanding the favorite
I have a time problem. I am interested in Pitt
Not sure If I can continue posting with this time limit
Sorry

I did not bet Padres because the pitcher stinks on 6. Same reason I made a small bet on Philadelphia first half over

Pretty good win but never even got to look at half the games. Working on NFL and baseball yesterday was very hard

Playoffs are here.

Santana has been in great form. They pulled him shutting down tribe again after 5 last start. Believe me, Indians do not want to see him or Berrios. This line is silly to me. I will start with Twins 2 units +215. See how game goes.

I expected AZ line to be higher, much lower than Yanks game, also 8.5 total seems to beg over money, how could you ever play under? I guess Gray will be dealing.

SI, shows fairly even number of bets on all 4 teams in elimination but big % on Yanks and Rox. I just like +215 as good jumping off point, I get a lead, I might jump off, haha

Marquez at home plate
Severino 6 innings 4.50 ERA
Ervin 58.1 innings 3.39 ERA

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ
Ths year on large chalk he is 4-3 for large chalk
Previous 2 large chalk just won

Me too. Still thinking. Right now I would think Minn first half would be best if you like them but not exactly
obvious since Servino in this game is playing at night and on 5 days rest which both favor him. Has much the best bull pen and Santana is up against a team that has hit 8 home runs and 19 runs against him.
Minn is a much better road team this year than in the recent past so they should have some chance here but Yanks at home, at night and playing off a loss are scary with a very powerful home field edge.
first half bet is all I might bet at the moment trusting what does seem a real ump edge

may expand bet
Scott L from the RX
Can't be too many results. This Playoff format is relatively new.

According to my own records over many years, in ALL MLB postseason games Favorites of -115 or higher are ONLY 148-150 the last 298 games.

OV vs UN = 153-162 not counting Pushes.
Pretty good poster

Colorado at Arizona ump is Jim Reynolds
Greinke with Reynolds 37 innings 2.43 ERA
No history with Gray.
Reynolds is chalky 7-2 last 3 highest categories for chalk

I believe Greinke is on 4 days rest. Usual result 3.01 result. 5-4 result in post season. Gray I think is on 6+ usual result this season 11.25 ERA.
last year 2.36 about 30 innings
First year 5.16 about 50 innings
Thinking very hard about Greinke

Verlander with Belindo
35.2 innings ERA 2.02 35.2 innings
Sale 3.57 22,2
Sale rather good on 6+ needs an adjustment
but if on the road might need a kick in ass

Gray is actually very good on 4 days rest. 8-1 2.48 ERA. He has not run into too many chalky refs. That changes tonight. He is running into a very Chalky ref who Greinke does very well with.
Gray did well at Arizona on 4 days rest despite a moderately chalky ref. I suspect that Arizona was going through withdrawal problems
The reality is Colorado is not really a very good team. Arizona---I believe they have cheated for some of their record but They are better.
I am not trying to make Gray a villain. He is a good pitcher. But he is a good pitcher for a team no one wants to see and I think he is walking into a wall.
Putting this simply. ANYTIME you spot a team this kind of umpire disadvante you are simply not well suited for betting sports and you are going to be looking at spreads that make this tiny in the playoffs,
By the way I doubt that in the first 2 games the Refs being Major chalk was an accident.
GL

Back