First bet with many more expected

CC good day splits under .200 oba
junis solid WHIP but better at home
Yankees been a hot day team
Not sure?

Afraid so. I have to play the Yanks. Their 12-4 day off a bad loss. Junis on 4 best rest. Sabathia on 5 best rest. Much better at home. Ump not great for CC
3-4 4.92 ERA but CC is just much better now than past. Trying to decide how to bet the Yanks

Going 2-3rds ml 1-3rd Rl
This may be silly but I really have to play Yanks and there are really real negatives

Astro pitching box scores from yesterday
Pitchers
IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Lance McCullers Jr. 3.1 4 2 2 1 4 1 4.01
Reymin Guduan 0.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 7.80
Francis Martes 1.0 2 2 2 2 1 0 6.14
James Hoyt 1.0 1 0 0 1 1 0 4.60
Chris Devenski (L 8-5) 1.0 3 2 1 1 0 0 2.72
Francisco Liriano 0.1 0 0 0 0 1 0 5.74
Luke Gregerson 1.0 1 1 1 0 0 1 4.58
Tyler Clippard 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 5.02
WP - Francis Martes
Pitches-Strikes - Lance McCullers Jr. 63-39, Reymin Guduan 2-1, Francis Martes 26-14, James Hoyt 17-11, Chris Devenski 35-25, Francisco Liriano 7-4, Luke Gregerson 18-11, Tyler Clippard 17-10
Ground Balls-Fly Balls - Lance McCullers Jr. 3-1, Reymin Guduan 1-0, Francis Martes 0-1, James Hoyt 1-0, Chris Devenski 2-0, Francisco Liriano 0-0, Luke Gregerson 2-1, Tyler Clippard 0-0
Batters Faced - Lance McCullers Jr. 15, Reymin Guduan 1, Francis Martes 7, James Hoyt 5, Chris Devenski 8, Francisco Liriano 1, Luke Gregerson 4, Tyler Clippard 3
Inherited Runners-Scored - James Hoyt 3-1, Chris Devenski 1-0, Francisco Liriano 2-0

Houston has good starting pitchers. They have fine hitters. How they go very far with this relief is a mystery

Weavers splits and the situation look great time for Cubs to get smacked may be here. Still looking.
Very hopefull of RL but there may be 1 problem
Actually no and this with a good ump may be minus 2.5

Last edited:
Looking at Despaign one general stat stands out. Over his career he is 3-14 away with an ERA of 6.49.
He has pitched at Colorado reasonably 3.68 7.1 innings

Anything for the first game of the doubleheader with the braves and Mets?? Lean braves and TT over

Honestly I agree but at the moment I doubt I will bet it. No theme and 2 young pitchers floating around with very high day ERA's. Simms 8.36 ERA in the day 14 innings
Flexen 7.36 11 innings.
Just hard for me to dive in here. No doubt both will pitch great in the day but I can not assume it.

I think extremely poorly of Flexen. Has a FB that just doesn’t have any movement. Not sure the reason for the layoff but he’s usually auto fade for me. But I have not watched the other guy

Some possibility Colorado. Chatworth on best rest 4. Team absolutely desperate for wins. This is not likely to make the cut.

Ump in first game likes the home team and the under. First year ump staying out with a minor lean to the road team

Would not expect to be involved in Houston at Texas as the psuedo race to catch Cleveland continues despite it being hopeless

Money is all over Simms and the other guy looks like a relief pitcher at best so I tailed small but very out of character

I am glad. Ka ching.
Boston RL maybe more. Pomeranz on best rest.
Fairchild ump 6 innings 3 ERA with Pomerananz
With Anderson who has been very bad at night so far this seasn although not in the past based on 11 innings 5.73 ERA

A little baffled by the jump in Philadelphia price although they probable win bog. This kind of move is no joke

Got a -1 early in the braves game to live. Game looked like a total under for a while. I figured it was gonna end up 3-1 4-2

Huge pen edge and starting pitcher edge plus Boston just wants to lock up playoff slot

Lester with ump 24 innings 4.13 ERA. He likes night and he does not like 4 days rest ERA of 5.10 based on over 100 innings. I have Cardinals for game, first half and RL. 8-4 day of week for them. They have hit him well and they are getting him after Cubs busted Milwaukee and I think they might be flat. In any case the Cardinals give this guy great support

Not sure about that. Actually considering Sanchez first half but ump will determine action. KC pitcher really sucks vs Detroit
You pretty much have to bet Milwaukee and the ump may determine how you bet it.
I played Sale RL for Boston 20-2 Tuesday great pitcher after a loss.
Yanks They really want to win and have been a great home team. Tampa is a great Tuesday team and 9-2 last 11 away on Tuesday. Snell is not bad. Handedness favors Yanks. Montgomery is very good on 6+ and Belino is expected to be ump and he has 1 very good start with him. Belino is tolerant of chalk. So I can at least think about playing Yanks.
After that I am thinking of dog related actions. Houston might be a play. Dallas is better on four then Hamels who is best on 5.
Reasonable arguments for Miami today but a major homer ump. Would play Arrieta on 5 or 6 but here scared. Cards a very bad bet by me are playing after 3 losses and have beaten him last 2 meetings.
I wish I could give more details about Sale but Covers and Baseball referance are giving contradictory info but he is playing at home with a homer ump he has won with. Still looking at things but a lot of very vague games

Dickey is 4-1 vs Mets and they are a really bad Tuesday team so he might be a minimun bet

Just remembered something. I believe I am going to have to bet Oakland. Just a crazy trend but Paxton has almost no wins on Tuesday

Is it worth laying -214 on the ML with Boston and sale pitching against Toronto?

Damn sale just needs to walk Donaldson. 2-1 Toronto and both solo shots by him. I took Boston RL

I think I am done with Sale unless I bet against him. Yanks serve roasted Tampa tomorrow. Houston could do anything but they might have a weak lineup.

Ump in Texas a major homer that likes home dogs is some concern but
Martinez on 4 7.75 ERA and in the day 6.75. Still need to see Houston line up but they Must want the win as the race with Cleveland is getting closer

Martinez is given his worst catcher. Brett Nichols 6.65 ERA 21.2 ERA. Adding some 2.5 small

Why is Shipley a favorite?
Jeff on 4
3.61 ERA last game of season
Shipley has shown Nothing

Sure WS win at least 1 more game in this series. Looks like they win tomrrow. Possibly a small bet today

Severino with Estabrook
2.08 13 innings with Yanks still chasing Boston and playing on a Wednesday 15-8
i think this might be rather big

Back