****Draft lottery, trade rumors, Kevin Love- Draft In game******

yeah, who knows what other offers are out there.

Jordon I believe would be to clear cap space to sign Bledsoe plus I believe his deal for year two is a team option so it is a very trade friendly asset, and that draft pick from Houston will most likely be in the 20's.( i think). So essentially you are giving up Randle for Bledsoe.

yeah, who knows what other offers are out there.

Jordon I believe would be to clear cap space to sign Bledsoe plus I believe his deal for year two is a team option so it is a very trade friendly asset, and that draft pick from Houston will most likely be in the 20's.( i think). So essentially you are giving up Randle for Bledsoe.

The Lakers would still be losing 2 frontcourt players, which is insane.

lot of great points here guys (really agree with alot of what guarenteed has said)--but i few minor additions:

1st--bulls finalizing deal for aaron brooks. back-up point guard, similar skill set to dj augustine but brooks is smaller and weaker, more of a defensive liability and a bigger chucker. tells me the bulls wish they resigned brooks. if derrick rose isn't derrick rose this is the worst offensive backcourt in the league top to bottom. butler is a great role player, great D and streaky shooter, but not a guy u can rely on to score.

i like the hell out of tony snell--really improving the 3pt. shot and a great perimeter defender. great size at 6-7. look for him to play a major role this year. rose is the perverbial box of chocolates and hinrich and brooks are washed up with their best years behind them.

add the fact that dunleavy and douggie mcbucketts are your two small forwards and this team (minus rose-if-healthy, butler and snell) will have a hell of a hard time guarding athletic pg's and wings all year long and really struggle to match-up in the playoffs and get enough scoring punch. they need another piece or 2 in the backcourt to compete imo.

2nd. alot of talk about phoenix already having 3 point guards, no one has mentioned that they drafted tyler ennis of syracuse so the really have FOUR pgs (i know dragic is listed as a SG but he played mostly point since moving to phoenix--i could c them pairing him with bogdanovic if their games mesh).

this is why i don't c why they wouldn't want to move bledsoe. really this team has plumlee and okafor and shav randolph as well as a 7 footer from Wisc-gb that will be a project and not ready to play this year--so you got 3 guys around 6-10 to 6-11 all with no post game, then you got the morris twins, who are a bit undersized for the karl malone type PFs of the league (both 6-9) and that's it for frontcourt--then they have a ton of athletes at the 1-2 and 3--including ennis and t.j. warren from nc state who has looked great in summer league, but how many minutes are available for those guys on this team. the raptors covet ennis, the lakers bledsoe, and as i just mentioned the best fit for a trade partner would be the bulls, who brought in gasol, mirotic and cam bairstow to an already talented frontcourt. it drives me nuts that these 2 teams can't swing a deal to make both better.

3rd- alot of talk about the cavs and financial flexibility going forward. one thing that was mentioned is lebron taking less when his deal expires. he has been underpaid his whole career and is sick and tired of it. he has said publicly that he wants to max out from now on. this will be the 1st year that he will be the highest paid player on his own team (this is the most mind-boggling salary stat i have ever heard). unless love gets signed and traded and max contract, then lebron may play an entire 15-20 year career without making the most $ on his team.

we all know its not about the $ for lebron, its about pride and about right-is-right. its gotta be hard playing with a has been like rashard lewis when lebron is 100x the player as lewis yet lewis was making over $5mill per year more than lebron over the last decade. lebron liked mike miller, publicly campaigned for more minutes for james jones-- i never thought him and rashad lewis got along too well--even when lewis was knocking down shots in the playoffs, he was a defensive liability and not much of a rebounder.

finally -- a bidding war only happens when 2 parties increase their offers. golden state has done no such thing. until i hear the words klay thompson has entered the fold in trade discussions there really is no other offer for the Tpupps. do they want to pay a 31 year old david lee over $15 mil per year and pair him with pekovic? is harrison barnes worth more than a mid-1st round pick? i dont think so.

...as a cavs fan -if gm grant did offer wiggins, bennett and a 1st round pick and the wolves said we want more u gotta view that as a sign from God. i mean that's some burning bush shit if you ask me. when i guy like love walks and u get nothing in return u will be at the top of the lottery for the next 4-5 years. why get guys like david lee? it makes no sense. hell i wouldn't even want a barnes or klay thompson (him and rubio doesn't sound like a very good defensive backcourt). why not get say, 3 1st round picks next year (which the cavs can offer, including memphis's which is protected IF they make the playoffs but not if they r in the lottery!!) why not get 19 and 20 year olds and go through the growing pains now.

as a cavs fan i refuse to admit that the deal on the table is love for wiggins, bennett and a 1st round pick. wolves need to give up more --1st round pick one of the next 3 years, cunningham, budinger, brewer, barea--anyone but $7mill per 31 year old kevin martin.

...time will tell

He was a 17/6/4 guy with philly last year

I think he has decent upside

Could be a quality 6th or 7th man on a good team

At the price the Celtics signed him for it's a no lose situation to see if Stevens can get him to contribute.

interesting stat I saw pertaining to Evan Turner which doesn't bode well if true....of the 74 players that have played 8,000+ minutes over the last 4 seasons Turner ranks 74th in PER.

lot of great points here guys (really agree with alot of what guarenteed has said)--but i few minor additions:

1st--bulls finalizing deal for aaron brooks. back-up point guard, similar skill set to dj augustine but brooks is smaller and weaker, more of a defensive liability and a bigger chucker. tells me the bulls wish they resigned brooks. if derrick rose isn't derrick rose this is the worst offensive backcourt in the league top to bottom. butler is a great role player, great D and streaky shooter, but not a guy u can rely on to score.

i like the hell out of tony snell--really improving the 3pt. shot and a great perimeter defender. great size at 6-7. look for him to play a major role this year. rose is the perverbial box of chocolates and hinrich and brooks are washed up with their best years behind them.

add the fact that dunleavy and douggie mcbucketts are your two small forwards and this team (minus rose-if-healthy, butler and snell) will have a hell of a hard time guarding athletic pg's and wings all year long and really struggle to match-up in the playoffs and get enough scoring punch. they need another piece or 2 in the backcourt to compete imo.

2nd. alot of talk about phoenix already having 3 point guards, no one has mentioned that they drafted tyler ennis of syracuse so the really have FOUR pgs (i know dragic is listed as a SG but he played mostly point since moving to phoenix--i could c them pairing him with bogdanovic if their games mesh).

this is why i don't c why they wouldn't want to move bledsoe. really this team has plumlee and okafor and shav randolph as well as a 7 footer from Wisc-gb that will be a project and not ready to play this year--so you got 3 guys around 6-10 to 6-11 all with no post game, then you got the morris twins, who are a bit undersized for the karl malone type PFs of the league (both 6-9) and that's it for frontcourt--then they have a ton of athletes at the 1-2 and 3--including ennis and t.j. warren from nc state who has looked great in summer league, but how many minutes are available for those guys on this team. the raptors covet ennis, the lakers bledsoe, and as i just mentioned the best fit for a trade partner would be the bulls, who brought in gasol, mirotic and cam bairstow to an already talented frontcourt. it drives me nuts that these 2 teams can't swing a deal to make both better.

3rd- alot of talk about the cavs and financial flexibility going forward. one thing that was mentioned is lebron taking less when his deal expires. he has been underpaid his whole career and is sick and tired of it. he has said publicly that he wants to max out from now on. this will be the 1st year that he will be the highest paid player on his own team (this is the most mind-boggling salary stat i have ever heard). unless love gets signed and traded and max contract, then lebron may play an entire 15-20 year career without making the most $ on his team.

we all know its not about the $ for lebron, its about pride and about right-is-right. its gotta be hard playing with a has been like rashard lewis when lebron is 100x the player as lewis yet lewis was making over $5mill per year more than lebron over the last decade. lebron liked mike miller, publicly campaigned for more minutes for james jones-- i never thought him and rashad lewis got along too well--even when lewis was knocking down shots in the playoffs, he was a defensive liability and not much of a rebounder.

finally -- a bidding war only happens when 2 parties increase their offers. golden state has done no such thing. until i hear the words klay thompson has entered the fold in trade discussions there really is no other offer for the Tpupps. do they want to pay a 31 year old david lee over $15 mil per year and pair him with pekovic? is harrison barnes worth more than a mid-1st round pick? i dont think so.

...as a cavs fan -if gm grant did offer wiggins, bennett and a 1st round pick and the wolves said we want more u gotta view that as a sign from God. i mean that's some burning bush shit if you ask me. when i guy like love walks and u get nothing in return u will be at the top of the lottery for the next 4-5 years. why get guys like david lee? it makes no sense. hell i wouldn't even want a barnes or klay thompson (him and rubio doesn't sound like a very good defensive backcourt). why not get say, 3 1st round picks next year (which the cavs can offer, including memphis's which is protected IF they make the playoffs but not if they r in the lottery!!) why not get 19 and 20 year olds and go through the growing pains now.

as a cavs fan i refuse to admit that the deal on the table is love for wiggins, bennett and a 1st round pick. wolves need to give up more --1st round pick one of the next 3 years, cunningham, budinger, brewer, barea--anyone but $7mill per 31 year old kevin martin.

...time will tell

Celtics have offered picks and players, G.S has offered players and picks, Cavs have offered players and picks,, sounds like a bidding war to me weather or not Klay is involved or not, it is a bidding war, 2 , 3 and even a 4th team (Bulls) are bidding for Love.... as far as "increased" their offer, Cavs did that, Celtics did it

Okafor is a free agent, he (expiring contract) was part of the deal that sent gortat to the Wiz.

I still think Drajic will be the guy they move unless there is a max offer sheet to bledsoe and then a sign and trade might happen...

if Minny gets Wiggins, Bennett and 2 first round picks for one year of Kevin Love, Milt Newton deserves a lifetime contract

I would rather this thing get done prior to Wiggins signing his contract. lots can happen in 30 days...

But I like where this is progressing. 4 teams in the hunt is definitely good for Minny...

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1h
ESPN sources say that, as things stand, Minnesota likes the Cavs' Wiggins-led offer better than anything else on the table for Kevin Love

Only Cavs, of teams in Love hunt, can offer potential superstar in Wiggins' class. But Flip Saunders, as we know, is a big Klay Thompson fan

But fact Cleveland now must wait 30 days before Wiggins can be legally dealt does put Cavs at risk for someone else trumping their offer

Can someone explain a lineup of Love, Gasol and Noah?

This, right after how you explain a Bulls offer leading with Taj Boyd, McBuckets, and the Euro dude is anywhere near close to what the Cavs would offer. Not even sure how the Bulls are in the discussion tbh. The deal doesn't really work for either team.

If the Cavs play this right, they won't have to deal Wiggins to get Love. We can wait.

Minny has zero leverage, it fades by the day. Cavs can win without Love, Minny needs a partner.

Deal will be announced in a month when Wiggins has been under contract for the required 30 days.

Issue I have with this theory is that they were allowed to trade him before signing him. Signing him is akin to tweaking Minny's nose. Carmelo, others were traded under the gun for packages not involving a Wiggins. This one will probably follow suit.

Issue I have with this theory is that they were allowed to trade him before signing him. Signing him is akin to tweaking Minny's nose. Carmelo, others were traded under the gun for packages not involving a Wiggins. This one will probably follow suit.

Yes they could have traded him but financially it would have only been for the rights to Wiggins therefore no money to match up. Now that Wiggins has signed he has a first year salary of 5.5 million I believe that counts towards matching 80% of Love's contract...Wiggins basically has to be signed first before being dealt and now the Cavs must wait 30 days before he can be included in a transaction.

If Wiggins were available, it would already be done.

I'd tell Minny to pound salt.

really hope Cavs see the light

plus it's just a waste of 3 or 4 years of Wiggins career until he can leave Minnesota

Still pretty telling when the Cavs traded for the non guaranteed contracts of Erik Murphy, John Lucas, and Malcolm Thomas that those were non-assets acquired to match up with Love's money...and no way in hell Minny is sending him to the Cavs unless Wiggins is involved.

Given Minny's position? No way they get Wiggy. No way. Cavs aren't desperate, they're suddenly fat and happy.

Like, if Cleveland doesn't trade for Love, Cleveland's still happy.

If that were the case, deal would also already have been done. Sans Wiggy, Cavs still have the best offer.

It wasn't done yet because, again, Wiggins value was 0 until he was signed to a contract. Are you just ignoring this point that AK has made at least 3 times now? JFC.

How is their deal, w/o Wiggins, the best offer? It's a 1st round pick and Bennett, who may or may not actually be any good.

Wiggins will be a Cav next season. If Minny doesn't get a better offer than Bennett, Tristan, Waiters, future first rounder, or some combination, so will Love.

For the last 2 weeks

I hope for your sake you guys keep Wiggins regardless of this circus, and I will probably (gasp) enjoy watching LeBron for the next several years. No doubt I'm very high on Wiggins though.

Who started the Summer of Lebron thread and dismissed Larry's notions of salary scale posturing?

Waiters is a dog...he has little value. Cavs #1 picks are of little value now since they will be at the end of the first round for the forseeable future.

Bennett is fucking lazy...how a 6-8 240 pound man can't set a pick is beyond my comprehension. Clueless as to how to pass...a poor fit for Blatt's offense.

Nobody is giving up a top 15 player in Love centered around these pieces.

From the guy who said Lebron wasn't coming home.

You were right, but that has nothing to do with this. There are NBA bylaws about trades, and the deal couldn't be done with Wiggins not having a contract since w/o one he had a 0 value. This has nothing to do with an opinion, it's a fact.

Back