****Draft lottery, trade rumors, Kevin Love- Draft In game******

is it sad I find FA more exciting than all of the NBA season? exception being this past years 1st round of playoffs

The Sun and Kings are reportedly finalizing a sign-and-trade deal sending Isaiah Thomas to Phoenix.

The deal is reportedly for four-years and $27 million. The Kings will receive an approximately $7 million trade exception, and the draft rights to Alex Oriakhi. Sacramento management has never been too high on Thomas often citing his size and ignoring his statistical output. Regardless, Thomas has landed himself in a pretty nice situation in Phoenix's up-tempo system, and he figures to be the team's sixth man. It's not immediately clear what this means for Eric Bledsoe, but the Suns still have enough cap space to retain him.

Miami might bring back Wade, and sign Deng. Huge risk w/ those injury concerns.

Injury concerns for Wade? If anyone is okay with his body and understanding, it's Miami. They rested him 1/4th of last season (at least), and he actually played pretty damn well in the regular season. His play in the playoffs was certainly not very good, but he's not that old. I understand his knee is an issue, but even with the injury, he's better than most in the league.

It won't help, obviously, now that LeBron is gone and Wade will have to play more minutes/games, but Miami is going to be okay with paying him. They pretty much owe him after he opted out of the $42M/2 yrs. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get that money back, just over more years.

I want the Bulls to do something. They need a scorer so hopefully Melo will go there to challenge the Cavs. The Bulls with their defense can go a long ways and even beat the Cavs IMO with a scorer like Melo and a healthy Rose.

Where is lance going? Would the rockets have the money?

I heard a rumor about him and the Lakers, but it was simply a rumor. Do the Lakers even have the money for him? If Pau ends up leaving would they have it then?

The third year of Carter's deal is partially guaranteed, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Memphis is finalizing an agreement with free agent Vince Carter, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
Expand

Pau Gasol, Chicago working to complete an agreement, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Utah has informed Charlotte that the four-year, $63 million offer sheet for Gordon Hayward has been matched, league source tells Yahoo.

Ariza signed with them.. And then they did a sign and trade with wiz.. They get trade exception...

parsons can opt out after year 2

Ariza at 4/32 or Parsons 3/46...no brainer.

Eric Bledsoe still unsigned...wonder if anyone is going to come with an over the top offer for him.

The Washington Wizards, Houston Rockets and New Orleans Pelicans have reportedly agreed to a three-way trade, per NBA.com's David Aldridge and USA Today's Sam Amick. Here's how it's going to shake out:

Wizards get: $8.5 million trade exception, Melvin Ely's unguaranteed contract

Rockets get: Trevor Ariza, Alonzo Gee, New Orleans' 2015 protected first-round pick

Pelicans get: Omer Asik, Omri Casspi, $1.5 million cash from Houston

That's a pretty nice trade exception for Washington. With the Paul Pierce signing and now this, the Wizards have recovered pretty nicely after what initially looked like a devastating loss.

Rockets have a few roster spots to fill...

Ariza at 4/32 or Parsons 3/46...no brainer.

Eric Bledsoe still unsigned...wonder if anyone is going to come with an over the top offer for him.

Still think chips will fall in Phoenix after the thomas signing and Frye signing elsewhere...just my .02

Still can't believe the Heat signed Bosh for that much money. Pat Riley is gonna sink that ship. And you know Wade is next to get at least what he opted out of. I'm sure they had some kind of back door deal that they'll take take less if Lebron comes back, but if he doesn't, they'll get more. And so far with Bosh that's the case. If Riley signs a handicapped Wade to huge money he's going to get bring that team down if they aren't already.

Mavs instantly become the western conference favorites because I am not biased. I heard chandler will be on the USA team too? Is that true?

Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
Follow
As we just discussed on @SportsCenter, Rockets didn't match on C-Parsons because they wanted flexibility to keep chasing starry targets

So look for Rockets to re-enter trade game for longtime Houston target Rajon Rondo as well as try to work their way into mix for Kevin Love

Derrick Rose and four returnees from the 2012 Olympic men's basketball champions are among the 19 players selected for this summer's U.S. national team roster.
Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, James Harden and Anthony Davis were the four holdovers announced Monday, along with new additions DeMar DeRozan of Toronto and Chandler Parsons, who is leaving Houston for Dallas.
Players will report to training camp in Las Vegas this month, with the roster cut to 12 before the World Cup of Basketball in Spain.
Rose is trying to make the team after his NBA season was cut short by another knee operation.
The rest of the roster: Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson (Golden State), Kyrie Irving(Cleveland), Blake Griffin (Clippers), Paul George (Indiana), Damian Lillard (Portland), Gordon Hayward (Utah), DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento), Bradley Beal (Washington), Andre Drummond(Detroit), Kenneth Faried (Denver) and Kyle Korver (Atlanta).
The Americans previously announced a 28-player roster pool in January, though it was planned that players such as two-time Olympic champions LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul would sit out this summer and perhaps come back at the 2016 Summer Games.
Also missing from the original pool is NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard of San Antonio and Portland All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge, who was expected to play this summer.
So the U.S. will be led by Durant, the NBA scoring champion from the Oklahoma City Thunderwho was the MVP of the 2010 World Championship, which has since been renamed. Curry, Love and Rose also played on that team, the first from the U.S. to win the tournament since 1994.
But Rose has had a tough time remaining healthy since, tearing a knee ligament in the 2012 playoffs, missing the entire next season and then getting knocked out by surgery shortly after returning last season.
His chances of making the team were strengthened last week when Oklahoma City point guardRussell Westbrook withdrew from consideration to rest because of knee injuries.

LAS VEGAS — Phil Jackson said Carmelo Anthony took less than the maximum $129 million contract, and the Zen Master declared he needs his star player to maximize his teammates to win a championship.
Anthony officially announced he was coming back on his website early Sunday afternoon, writing an essay with the headline “My Heart, My City.’’ Anthony wrote: “I am a New York Knick at heart.’’
Anthony took less to stay with the Knicks — estimated at $122 million to $123 million over five years. But it was still a lot more than what the cap space-challenged runner-up Bulls could offer — four years, $73 million.
Jackson confirmed The Post’s reports Anthony structured the deal to give the Knicks more cap space in 2015. It is believed he didn’t take his annual 7.5 percent raise in Year 2 and may have taken a tiny pay decrease. Under collective bargaining agreement rules, a player can receive as high as a 7.5 percent pay raise annually.
“He did exactly what we kind of asked him to do,’’ Jackson said. “Give us a break in the early part of the contract when we have some wiggle room — hopefully big enough wiggle room — next year when we can exploit it.’’
Anthony’s sacrifice in Year 2 likely opens up about $2 million more in cap space for 2015, but the rest of his annual wages suffer by not taking the raise.
Meanwhile, Jackson emphatically said Anthony has to buy into this triangle-like new system that will promote sharing the ball and taking the load off him offensively. Otherwise, Jackson feels the Knicks won’t compete for a title anytime soon.
“It depends how quickly our team evolves,’’ Jackson said of how soon the club will be in title contention. “If we evolve as a team, we can do it rather quickly. If we’re still going to sit and rely on Carmelo to do everything, it’s not going to happen.
“We put that load on him, it’s not going to happen. That’s what we’ve wanted to assure him. We want to evolve as a team and that sometimes means the old buying into the system and giving in to the process. And the process can take time. Hopefully shorter time than longer.’’
The new regime believes Mike Woodson played Anthony too many minutes and didn’t set him up to succeed late in games as a result with a predictable offense. His final-minute shooting stats in close games were abysmal last season.
“I talked to Carmelo about that during the process. One of the things about the [triangle] offensive system, you can’t try to score every time you touch the ball,’’ Jackson said. “You have to participate and have all guys be involved.
“You also have to have guys strong enough if things break down, you need that man who can get a shot on his own you, have a guy who’s a great bailout guy in Carmelo.
“That’s what he’s looking for. He admired San Antonio’s game and how they played. That’s the way we want to play.”
On the 13th day of free agency, the Brooklyn-born Anthony sent a message to the fans. He will not stage a press conference, so the words on his website stand for now.
Anthony praised Jackson as “a champion who builds championship teams,” lauded the Knicks fans as “the greatest in the world” and said he wants to “build here with this city.”
“A few years ago I dreamed of coming back to New York City, the place of my birth, and on February 23, 2011 that became a reality,” Anthony wrote. “This organization has supported me and in return, I want to stay and build here with this city and my team.”
Soon after, the Knicks made it official with their own announcement, with Jackson calling Anthony “the cornerstone’’ in a statement.
Knicks coach Derek Fisher didn’t speak to the press Sunday but said in the statement: “I have had the opportunity to be around some of the greatest players in our game, and now I have the honor of coaching Carmelo.’’
Jackson said the Knicks had “implications’’ for several days Anthony was coming back and the delay related to which of the five contract offers he’d take.
That’s why the Knicks had been so confident all last week.
“There never was any tension in our conversations,’’ Jackson said of his three meetings with Melo. “I think it went very well with us. All the conversations were relaxed, comfortable. You got the feeling he really wanted to listen to what was offered and he wanted us to hear him.
“I’m glad Carmelo has seen we have the vision and trusted us with what he implied and impressed upon us — his desire to win and be on a competitive team. Our message to him is we are going to be a competitive team. It may not be instantaneous. We may not be able to just drop in and win a championship. But that’s the direction we’re going.’’

According to the report, the Celtics and Wizards will complete a sign-and-trade for Humphries. 3 years with the wiz..

Chicago informed Carlos Boozer and his agent, Rob Pelinka, this morning that it would use amnesty clause today, source tells Yahoo.

I don't get how Stephenson turned down Pacers 44 mill for 5 years contract to sign with Charlotte for 27.5 mill for 3 years, with third being team's option...
Almost the same money per season, but much longer contract in a team that knows him, a team that he played well for and on paper, has better chance to compete, than the Hornets...

but he's more of "the guy" on Charlotte, which he can parlay into a larger contract with the new CBA in two years, if everything goes according to plan. and Indy locker room wanted him out. not a terrible move by any means.

Back